The Island | Ranger Mini Challenge FINISHED

Hammlin

Oh, no! The dreaded double post. Heh, heh.

gallery_17054_1285_18263.jpg

Or not...

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Hey everyone!

I'm going to be walking about 5 km today (had a grocery store run before work) but my ankles being a bit persnickety. I just added myself to an empty group for the westies. Hopefully I'll be up and running in no time (literally, I would like to go for a run this weekend) but we shall see!

I added myself to your team and ran 2 mi yesterday. I hope your ankle recovers quickly.

"I've got to look like I could kill someone when I take my shirt off." - Daniel Craig

Epic Quest character

Level 13 Human Warrior

STR - 63 DEX - 22 STA - 16 CON - 47 WIS - 48 CHA - 7

*sings the Epona song and waits*

I apologize to my team for really being a terrible person who hasn't logged anything in 24 hours. @_@

• Like 2

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

I want a pony....too bad we're on the West instead of the East.  :)

@Hammlin!!!!  We're at 50.28!!!

That is Elder, DarK_RaideR, Arya Sapphire, digdscpl, and Clarys!!!!

• Like 4

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Team average joe: at mile 45 and about 5 miles inward you have located a huge waterfall system...

Team rmkwilson: about 62 miles north and 15 miles in you located a massive field of red flowers, and ponies! (6 of them!)

A massive field of red flowers?  Me thinks someone has a pretty lucrative side business going on here and it ain't from selling the flowers.  These blooms better be of the tulip variety or I am going the other way.

• Like 2

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

A massive field of red flowers?  Me thinks someone has a pretty lucrative side business going on here and it ain't from selling the flowers.  These blooms better be of the tulip variety or I am going the other way.

Ha ha those poppies are white ;)

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I want a pony....too bad we're on the West instead of the East.   :)

@Hammlin!!!!  We're at 50.28!!!

That is Elder, DarK_RaideR, Arya Sapphire, digdscpl, and Clarys!!!!

Was going to get out and run ahead from this point, but I fell asleep in the boat and drifted away from shore.    Had to row back 1k.

Shore at last!    Feeling well rested from my nap in the boat, I took off at a run covering 9 miles of hilly terrain and found the rest of my team already waiting at the rendezvous point.     I guess I took the long way there... but I explored some new areas along the way. 

Level 3 Halfling Ranger

First Challenge  Bodyweight Challenge

STR: 6.5 | DEX: 4.5 | CON: 5 | STA: 4.6 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 1

Wait, swimming has a multiplier of 12?! Did I read that right? Sweet! I took the kids swimming at the local pool last night and swam 10 laps while they were sitting on the side warming up in their towels. 10 laps * 50m = .3107 miles * 12 = 3.728 miles for the spreadsheet. I wasn't planning on adding more to the spreadsheet until tomorrow.

Team average joe: at mile 45 and about 5 miles inward you have located a huge waterfall system...

Team rmkwilson: about 62 miles north and 15 miles in you located a massive field of red flowers, and ponies! (6 of them!)

Er, I mean I ventured to the foot of our newly discovered waterfall and swam the 500m across the river :D

• Like 2

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Why do you think I was rolling in it laughing like it's nobody's biz? :P

With my running 2 miles this morning, team Kobnach is at 53.4 miles!  Great work Kobnach, AlyssHeart, Kzacher and Slates! 

• Like 1

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 4 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2021 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

With my running 2 miles this morning, team Kobnach is at 53.4 miles!  Great work Kobnach, AlyssHeart, Kzacher and Slates! 

We rock! And I'm a day behind posting my miles; I've got another 3 or so banked. Walking, so no multiplier for me.

Now if I could get it together to do some swimming, I could have a nice fat multiplier. (On the other hand, even 1 mile would be a lot of work.)

• Like 1

Level 6 Dark Elf Ranger

STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 16 | CON 10 | WIS 13 | CHA 6

Current Challenge  Battle Log   Past: 5 4 3 2 1 0.1

I added myself to the east side island in spreadsheet. 

I will be on vacation but bringing my bike. My secret plan is to ride 80 miles in one day.

My finger's crossed for weather and family situation.

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

We rock! And I'm a day behind posting my miles; I've got another 3 or so banked. Walking, so no multiplier for me.

Now if I could get it together to do some swimming, I could have a nice fat multiplier. (On the other hand, even 1 mile would be a lot of work.)

Yeah, swimming is hard. I float like a rock and swim like one, too. It deserves the fat multiplier. Unless I'm at the beach, I'll stick to running, rowing, and biking.  Actually, I don't really swim at the beach. I usually kayak or boogie board.  I wonder what kind of multipler boogie boarding would get... I'm usually wiped when I'm through.

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 4 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2021 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

I sneaked out and did a 9 mile bike ride, 3 miles added to the team Xena. I'm about to do a 6 hour drive for vacation.

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

Right, just seen this and 

- all the teams on my side are fully slotted so it looks like I'm doing this solo.

- what multiplier does running an OCR get?  I'm guessing at least 2 (but hoping for more).

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

If my team already hit 50 miles do I need to keep updating?

Yes, the more you explore the more you find.

• Like 1

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines