This site is exactly what I need

Greetings. I found this site because of my Android phone. For those who don't know, there's an app called Calorie Counter, and it is associated with a website called FatSecret. When I was browsing through their message boards, this site was mentioned in a post somewhere, and I thought I'd take a peek. I think that this proves that - on the internet - if you look hard enough, you'll find exactly what you need.

I am a Nerd (or Geek or whatever), and I really got into gaming and nerd culture while in college. Unfortunately, that tends to lead to sedentary behavior, and I got my freshman 15... every year. I was 50 pounds heavier after leaving college than I was when I started. I've maintained this weight ever since then, and now I'm 30.

I want to take my wife skydiving for our anniversary, and it looks like I need to lose about 5 pounds in one month for me to stay under the maximum weight limit. Since I'm going to go that far, I might as well go all the way to losing 50 pounds.

This looks like a friendly community, and the website is fantastic. So many good articles, written with enthusiasm. I could very well find a home here. Let's see how this goes!

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

Welcome :)

In some way, I'm so happy I never went off to a University for college...I'm so sure I would have also gained the Freshman 15! It's great that you wanna lose it though. A lot of people I know who went away to college still have it and don't wanna do anything about it.

Skydiving....just thinking about it gives me vertigo! Hah. More props to you, though. Good luck to you and your goals :)

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm pretty pumped about skydiving, but since I've never done anything like that before, I'm not sure how I'll do. I'll try to post some pictures if/when I get some.

If you hear about an awful skydiving accident at the end of June near Cedar Rapids, IA, and I stop posting - that was probably us.

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm pretty pumped about skydiving, but since I've never done anything like that before, I'm not sure how I'll do. I'll try to post some pictures if/when I get some.

If you hear about an awful skydiving accident at the end of June near Cedar Rapids, IA, and I stop posting - that was probably us.

Hey Swami!

Welcome aboard dude; skydiving is something I've always wanted to do as well, just haven't got around to it yet. Glad to have you here, let us know how we can help out!

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.