Chris-Tien - Not My Idea of a Caribbean Cruise!

LOL - her short (call) name IS Pirate!! The long, registered one is Briallen's Take What You Can. Our daughter was deep into crushing on Johnny Depp at the time.

Today is my 54th birthday.  There will be carbs.  I will enjoy them.

low carb

• Like 13

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Happy Birthday, Cap'n Jinn! May yer comin' year be a fine one, filled with what ye treasures most o' all!

• Like 3

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Hi!!!

Happy happy birthday.

• Like 1

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

My birthday was a difficult day.  Hubby had worked Saturday and came here for Sunday and Monday (my birthday), but he spent all day Sunday fussing about a meeting that had been scheduled (last minute).  By Monday morning, I told him to just go back to the Cities and f*ck the birthday.  So he spent all day Monday fussing about when to leave!!  We ended up doing nothing fun. He ran out to buy a cake and flowers in the afternoon.  By night, he had to text our daughter to remind her that it was my birthday so that she called briefly and sent me a kindle book. 

I found myself thinking my mother's old rant ... "After all that I have done and given up for you two, you can't even do something nice for my birthday?"  Not good. 

After wallowing in self-pity Tuesday morning, I decided the solution is to simply do my own thing next year.  I'm going to train for a bunch of fun and OC races and then spend the spring and summer hitting those closest - in the Cities mostly.  And I'll either do a women's camping trip or arrange to be out at an archeology dig the week of my birthday ... or maybe the week before since the academic contract usually starts the week of my birthday.  And a party for my friends. 

This year ....

32162.JPG

On the plus side, I didn't dive into bad behaviors.  I scheduled a massage instead.  And hit the gym. 

While packing, my weight has stayed the same, but BF% is back up.  (Yikes!) But I'm being very good despite the fact that my kitchen is now in boxes. 

• Like 4

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

Happy happy (belated) birthday!

I'm sorry it was so stressful - I hate waiting around for people to do what they said they would do. As far as forgetting, well, I advertise my own birthday and throw my own party. At least that way I get the kind of cake I want. ;)

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

• Like 2

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

I'd count it a win that you hit the gym, instead of hitting your husband or daughter! Sorry you had a rough one. We can commiserate together - the responses on the CutLasses were the highlight of my birthday -  my plans got washed away in a family crisis of epic proportions.

I think your ideas for next year's bday (and the coming year) are fantastic and definitely the way to go. Make this year yours, babe!

• Like 4

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

I'd count it a win that you hit the gym, instead of hitting your husband or daughter! Sorry you had a rough one. We can commiserate together - the responses on the CutLasses were the highlight of my birthday -  my plans got washed away in a family crisis of epic proportions.

I think your ideas for next year's bday (and the coming year) are fantastic and definitely the way to go. Make this year yours, babe!

Bummer on the family crisis.  We each get to take a birthday out of petty cash.  I actually get two .... in 2010 I had to buy all of my presents and throw myself a party of one.  

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

I threw my own fiftieth birthday, because I wanted something that i would enjoy. .. and doesn't have to wonder if anyone would remember. . . Next year is 55....hmmmmm

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Happy belated birthday! Sorry it wasn't as you had wished, but you still did some positive actions and your idea for next year sounds awesome! Nobody knows us better than ourselves and they, indeed, can't screw up the cake if you are in charge. ;D 

Keep rocking, you've been doing great! 

• Like 1

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Generally, I'm doing well with the challenge. 

• DL hit 85 pounds (better than the 80 pound goal)
  • We ARE moving .... truck is picking up all our stuff next Friday
  • I'm usually getting 88+ grams of protein per day
  • I mostly staying under my calorie goal .... with a few fails
  • Pullups are stalled at 50 pounds of assistance, but I'm still trying .... I'll get that pullup, I will!!!

Today was a backsliding day.  I was through a Qdoba naked burrito and a cup of ice cream before I stopped myself.  I was aiming for the chocolate cake in the fridge.  Emotional eating at its finest .... although it was too early in the day to have cracked open the wine, which really would have been the end of restraint!!

The trigger was cleaning out memorabilia that had gotten wet last summer in the basement flood.  Hubby had just shoved most of it aside to mold or dry out as fate would decree.  So I got the joy of opening up boxes to throw or salvage and repack.  It was hard to do .... and so my hunger and full sense just kinda got ignored through lunch time. 

Now, I'm going "bleh" from being too full, but I'm going to go to the gym and warm up and either run or lift, depending upon which feels better. 

tomorrow

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

I remember several of those boxes - and I'm sure I had ice cream or chocolate afterwards - but, I was totally uncool about it - I let everyone, especially hubby - know how disspointed I was -

hugs.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

I remember several of those boxes - and I'm sure I had ice cream or chocolate afterwards - but, I was totally uncool about it - I let everyone, especially hubby - know how disspointed I was -

hugs.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Thanks.  He's gotten a lot of my "acting like a teenager" and "problems ignored are not solved" talks lately. 

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

Yesterday, I did both .... C25K W3D3 on the treadmill at an incline, plus the Pirate's workout (with bench presses added).  AND I bounded around the gym for the Ranger's mini.  Fortunately, I was alone for most of the time and didn't feel too weird acting like a kid in the gym. 

It was a declaration of independence to some extent.  Hubby had arrived at the house, but I decided that I wasn't ending my workout early to rush home to see him.  

Today .... packing, mowing if the weather cooperates, and some sort of cardio.

walls.jpg

• Like 5

Some sort of Jedi .....

My birthday was a difficult day.  Hubby had worked Saturday and came here for Sunday and Monday (my birthday), but he spent all day Sunday fussing about a meeting that had been scheduled (last minute).  By Monday morning, I told him to just go back to the Cities and f*ck the birthday.  So he spent all day Monday fussing about when to leave!!  We ended up doing nothing fun. He ran out to buy a cake and flowers in the afternoon.  By night, he had to text our daughter to remind her that it was my birthday so that she called briefly and sent me a kindle book. 

I found myself thinking my mother's old rant ... "After all that I have done and given up for you two, you can't even do something nice for my birthday?"  Not good. 

After wallowing in self-pity Tuesday morning, I decided the solution is to simply do my own thing next year.  I'm going to train for a bunch of fun and OC races and then spend the spring and summer hitting those closest - in the Cities mostly.  And I'll either do a women's camping trip or arrange to be out at an archeology dig the week of my birthday ... or maybe the week before since the academic contract usually starts the week of my birthday.  And a party for my friends. 

This year ....

32162.JPG

On the plus side, I didn't dive into bad behaviors.  I scheduled a massage instead.  And hit the gym. 

While packing, my weight has stayed the same, but BF% is back up.  (Yikes!) But I'm being very good despite the fact that my kitchen is now in boxes. 

I'm sorry to hear your birthday got kind of ignored; glad you are thinking of ways to avoid this being a problem in future.  And congrats on the good reaction to an annoying situation!

• Like 1

Level 6 Dark Elf Ranger

STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 16 | CON 10 | WIS 13 | CHA 6

Current Challenge  Battle Log   Past: 5 4 3 2 1 0.1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines