Player One: Jitters - Confirm Reset? Y/N

Very impressive goals!  I like that you are mixing a lot of things up, it's always good be diverse.  I wish you the best in completing them!!

People always say, "When the time is right..." or "I'm waiting for the perfect..." Guess what the right time never comes along, the perfect moment, guy, gal or opportunity will never drop into your lap. Don't wait, start now. Do what is necessary, then what's possible... and suddenly you're doing the impossible.

Wayward Son

Level 1 Barbarian Shaman

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

Wayward Son on Facebook | Wayward Son on Fitbit

Weight Loss : Current weight (240lbs) Goal weight (185lbs)

0%
0%

Current WIP: Amidst Broken Hearts Current Word Count (16,353) Goal Word Count (75,000)

22%
22%

Thank you everyone.  I am humbled to have you all here cheering me on.  It means a great deal.  I hope that I live up to the expectations that I have set forth.  It's day 1.  

shallwebegin.gif

Last night was an awful mess with regards to my sleep, but I will not be deterred.  And because I'm just not that bright at 4am, I jumped rope for 10 minutes and went for a 10 minute run.  Why I say not that bright; tonight is BBWW night...  I'm going to have to schedule better.  I was awake, so it seemed like the thing to do.  It won't be as crazy next week...  oh wait, maybe it will.  I'm going camping next Wed-Friday...  Alright, crazy it is.  Let's do this thing.  Good luck everyone.  Kick some butt!

From my First Challenge:

BBWW

0/3

0/18

From my Second Challenge:

Swift

1/3

1/18

From my Fourth Challenge:

Skills

0/4

0/24

Side Quest:

From my Third Challenge:

RAK

0/6

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Best wishes on the first day, kick butt, man!!

People always say, "When the time is right..." or "I'm waiting for the perfect..." Guess what the right time never comes along, the perfect moment, guy, gal or opportunity will never drop into your lap. Don't wait, start now. Do what is necessary, then what's possible... and suddenly you're doing the impossible.

Wayward Son

Level 1 Barbarian Shaman

0%
0%

Current WIP: Amidst Broken Hearts Current Word Count (16,353) Goal Word Count (75,000)

22%
22%

I saw this and thought of you :)

wpid-4c83d50a2b717ee9235af1b1fb23364a.jp

Great job on Day One Jitters! I have a few questions for you:

1) I may have missed this, but how will you determine if a "random act of kindness" meets your criteria of "more than just holding a door"?

For example, last week I was in boston at a cafe, and an old homeless man passed out and fell into a chair and table next to me... Luckily it was at Harvard square and all of the med school students helped him up and asked if he was okay. I noticed he cut his hand on the broken chair and I dug out a couple bandaids from my backpack and gave them to him. Could I have done more? Probably...I could have helped him with first aid, or asked if he needed to go to the hospital, or something.... But I was alone and decided that the bandaids were as far as I wanted to involve myself in the man's situation.

How does this rank on your scale of kindness? What about the idea of paying for the person behind you at the coffee shop's latte? I am really interested because this sounds like something I would like to join in on for another challenge....

2) do you have specific days that you are thinking about doing your cardio, unicycling/juggling/stilt practice, and BBWW/class?

Schedules are good my friend!

<3

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Thank you for that picture, Mags.  It's what I aim for in my life.  

I don't really have a set criteria, but last time I had this in my challenge (Select Character challenge pages 5, 13, 15, 17, 21, (26) and 28.), there was one Act of Kindness that didn't really count (page 26) because it was something that a person should do in that situation.  Sometimes I feel like the universe has put me here to help others, so I usually make sure it's something unexpected and makes a positive impact on someone else's life.  

My goal was to have M-W-F for BBWW, T-Th-Weekend for Cardio and whenever I can for skills practice.  I've already messed that up by doing cardio yesterday morning and didn't get my BBWW in last night because I finally got around to finishing JessFit's commission piece.  So glad to have that done.  So, tonight, I'll get my BBWW in, tomorrow is Judo with my son (which counts for my BBWW) and then Thursday I'll be back to my morning Cardio.  Schedules are great, but I have to get better at writing things down...  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Find what works best for you a journal, a notebook, a spreadsheet and make sure you stay consistent with it! :)

dean.jpg

Wayward Son

Level 1 Barbarian Shaman

0%
0%

22%
22%

I don't really have a set criteria, but last time I had this in my challenge (Select Character challenge pages 5, 13, 15, 17, 21, (26) and 28.), there was one Act of Kindness that didn't really count (page 26) because it was something that a person should do in that situation.  Sometimes I feel like the universe has put me here to help others, so I usually make sure it's something unexpected and makes a positive impact on someone else's life.  

^^This. However, you must not forget that many people don't do stuff thats helpful, and remind yourself that you are awesome for thinking that some acts are "normal human behaviour", since that´s (sadly) not always the case with many other people. But, the more acts of kindness that are made in the world, the closer we will come to a world of kindness.

Waiting with anticipation for what you will do this week :)

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

A suggestion for a RAK:

Watching this always makes my day

Even more so, when you know the story behind it (from the official site http://www.freehugscampaign.org/)

Spoiler tags to save space

Sometimes, a hug is all what we need.

Free hugs is a real life controversial story of Juan Mann, A man whos sole mission was to reach out and hug a stranger to brighten up their lives.

In this age of social disconnectivity and lack of human contact, the effects of the Free Hugs campaign became phenomenal.

As this symbol of human hope spread accross the city, police and officials ordered the Free Hugs campaign BANNED. What we then witness is the true spirit of humanity come together in what can only be described as awe inspiring.

In the Spirit of the free hugs campaign, PASS THIS TO A FRIEND and HUG A STRANGER! After all, If you can reach just one person

How it all started:

I'd been living in London when my world turned upside down and I'd had to come home. By the time my plane landed back in Sydney, all I had left was a carry on bag full of clothes and a world of troubles. No one to welcome me back, no place to call home. I was a tourist in my hometown.

Standing there in the arrivals terminal, watching other passengers meeting their waiting friends and family, with open arms and smiling faces, hugging and laughing together, I wanted someone out there to be waiting for me. To be happy to see me. To smile at me. To hug me.

So I got some cardboard and a marker and made a sign. I found the busiest pedestrian intersection in the city and held that sign aloft, with the words "Free Hugs" on both sides.

And for 15 minutes, people just stared right through me. The first person who stopped, tapped me on the shoulder and told me how her dog had just died that morning. How that morning had been the one year anniversary of her only daughter dying in a car accident. How what she needed now, when she felt most alone in the world, was a hug. I got down on one knee, we put our arms around each other and when we parted, she was smiling.

Everyone has problems and for sure mine haven't compared. But to see someone who was once frowning, smile even for a moment, is worth it every time.

Why Did it get banned?

Public liability fear and red tape. But its all okay now! Make sure tocheck your local laws before embarking on your Hugathon!

Special Thanks

I would just like to thank Sick Puppies for their incredible song "All the Same " which the free hugs campaign video would have never been the same without.

• Like 1

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

LOVE the free hugs campaign! OMG I want to do that!!! Lol

• Like 1

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

If we open our eyes to the world around us, we can truly see others.  Only then can we help.  

Good+Morning+Sunshine_2c6b5d_3118979.gif

Good morning everyone.  It is a tired day in Jittertopia.  But I'm not even mad about it.  So here's what happened yesterday:

Work.  Yeah, it bites the big one, but my checks keep clearing.  I'm working on it.  After work, I get my son from his summer program and we hit the grocery store for some essentials.  And Twix Ice cream bars because they were on sale and I was hungry.  We get home and my plan was to go to a brotherhood event at my Masonic Lodge for a bit, head home and get my BBWW in before going to bed.  At Lodge, I got to juggle a bit (yay!) and teach a couple of Brothers.  Always a good time.  I was on my way home around 9:30ish and I came up to a stop light.  It was at a strange intersection that includes the driveway to a coffee shop.  I notice a young man out in their parking lot with several large boxes opened, half opened, still waiting to be opened.  He was putting new furniture together and, by the looks of it (it is a long light), having a hard time of it by himself.  I pulled in and asked if he would like some help.  He asked me if I could get the other guy who was supposed to help him out from his new girlfriends house and get his butt to work like he was supposed to...  Obviously was supposed to be a two man job.  I told him that while I can't kidnap someone, I can work a screwdriver and set to work.  These tables were unwieldy with two of us, how he planned on doing it solo was beyond me.  We finished up in a little over an hour and a half.  He thanked me and asked if I would like a gift card for the help.  I told him not to worry about it.  I'm trying to cut back on my coffee intake, unfortunately, and having access to it wouldn't help.  I was glad to help.  He mentioned that he had just worked bell to bell because the previously mentioned coworker bailed on his shift, so he wasn't looking forward to hours more trying to put up the new tables.  He seemed angry towards the coworker.  I don't normally ask for anything in return for these, but I asked him for one thing; I asked him to not even mention that he's upset with his coworker if he sees him soon.  To let the anger go.  It's just a poison that will hurt him more than anyone else.  He seemed to relax a little when I asked him to do that and he said he would try.  We shook hands and parted ways.  I got home a little after 11 and there was no way I was going to get in my workout, so I went to bed instead.  I will just have to make up the BBWW this weekend after a parade.  I have Judo with my son tonight, so I'll get something in.  Happy Wonder Woman Wednesday everyone!  Kick some butt!

3798049-yeehaw%2Bwonder%2Bwoman%2B_8e036

From my First Challenge:

BBWW

0/3

0/18

From my Second Challenge:

Swift

1/3

1/18

From my Fourth Challenge:

Skills

1/4

1/24

Side Quest:

From my Third Challenge:

RAK

1/6

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Agreed people are unpredictable and scary, but that guy sorely needed some help.

You're also totally right to tell him to let the anger go. His co-worker doesn't have a worry about the situation and is just skating blissfully through life not caring about others. If he could I would just mention it to an adviser, but don't get angry. People are just not perfect so you gotta roll with it and control your own situation the best you can. Feelings being one of those things you can control.

Of course I might have suggested punching something, preferably a sturdy bag of some kind.

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines