No power in the 'verse can stop me

littlewings

i hear a lot of mixed reports on orthotics - mostly about how relying on them over training the muscles in your feet makes the muscles weaker. but then again, some people say the same thing about bras and boobs. so yeh :|

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

i hear a lot of mixed reports on orthotics - mostly about how relying on them over training the muscles in your feet makes the muscles weaker. but then again, some people say the same thing about bras and boobs. so yeh :|

Bras make your boobs weaker?  I mean, I can see how that works with feet, but I don't follow otherwise.  Course, I also don't wear bras, so that might make a difference.  

(no need to actually answer anything here; just observing that it sounds kinda odd)

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Bras make your boobs weaker?

this is mostly conjecture, but the idea is that your boobs get used to having support from the bra and dont develop the connective tissue or whatever that keeps them perky (or this tissue atrophies or something). id assume this is more of an issue for people with larger breasts. 

and then on the other side you should see what long term binding does :|

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

this is mostly conjecture, but the idea is that your boobs get used to having support from the bra and dont develop the connective tissue or whatever that keeps them perky (or this tissue atrophies or something). id assume this is more of an issue for people with larger breasts. 

and then on the other side you should see what long term binding does :|

I did say there was no need to answer.  lol.  :)  But I suppose that does have a certain logic to it.   Binding just sounds like something that shouldn't be discussed on a public forum...

In any case, back to your regularly scheduled programming! 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

OH MY GOD. I NEED ONE OF THOSE.

so here is a mini update, totally meant to post last night but I passed out:

• I have lovely DOMS today! Guess what that means?
    • Yesterdays workout:
      Squat: 5x5x45
      Deadlift: 3x5x90
      Lat. Pulldowns: 5x5x60

Note: I removed my orthotics prior to doing my work out -- felt so much fucking better. My feet were better planted on the ground and my weight wasn't so shifted towards the balls of my feet. My quads are still mega sore, but I feel that my other muscles towards my glutes were working too.
  • Started that paper. 300/3000 words complete. Still going to try to finish this by the end of the week.
  • Been drinking lots of water, and have started taking Natural Calm in the evenings.
  • Still working on that eating goal. 
  • Scheduled a session with a personal trainer next week, gonna get her to check my form on all the basic lifts and then talk about a specific workout routine to help restrengthen the weak points. Gonna make an effort to hit the gym again tomorrow straight after work.
  • Like 1

Hmmm... not sure going without a bra would be a good idea on my end. That sounds pretty painful. I'm good with no shoes though :)

OH MY GOD. I NEED ONE OF THOSE.

so here is a mini update, totally meant to post last night but I passed out:

• I have lovely DOMS today! Guess what that means?
    • Yesterdays workout:
      Squat: 5x5x45
      Deadlift: 3x5x90
      Lat. Pulldowns: 5x5x60

Note: I removed my orthotics prior to doing my work out -- felt so much fucking better. My feet were better planted on the ground and my weight wasn't so shifted towards the balls of my feet. My quads are still mega sore, but I feel that my other muscles towards my glutes were working too.
  • Started that paper. 300/3000 words complete. Still going to try to finish this by the end of the week.
  • Been drinking lots of water, and have started taking Natural Calm in the evenings.
  • Still working on that eating goal. 
  • Scheduled a session with a personal trainer next week, gonna get her to check my form on all the basic lifts and then talk about a specific workout routine to help restrengthen the weak points. Gonna make an effort to hit the gym again tomorrow straight after work.

Is the Natural Calm helping? Also, pretty sure half of NF is still working on their eating goals, so you're in good company. Looking forward to hearing how the personal trainer session goes!

Current Challenge: System Reboot

Last Challenge:Installing, Please Wait

Previous Challenges:23 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Hmmm... not sure going without a bra would be a good idea on my end. That sounds pretty painful. I'm good with no shoes though :)

Is the Natural Calm helping? Also, pretty sure half of NF is still working on their eating goals, so you're in good company. Looking forward to hearing how the personal trainer session goes!

If you're deficient in magnesium, it'll help a little, yeah. But it's definitely not some sleep potion like many people make it seem. :P

That sloth almost killed me, gotta be careful with those memes... they'll getcha.

I should take a page from your book and work to fix my feet too.

I don't have flat feet but my arches are more like... something that isn't much of an arch at all and as a result my weight is slightly rolled inwards on my ankles.

I'm looking through that fixflatfeet site now for ideas, glad you posted that!

lvl 4 Astartes Monk STR 8.5 | STA 9.5 | CON 6.5 | DEX 7.75 | WIS 10 | CHA 7.25

"Burn the Calorie, Kill the Workout, Purge the Apathy"

Push Up Challenge: Yellow Belt (36)

That sloth almost killed me, gotta be careful with those memes... they'll getcha.

I should take a page from your book and work to fix my feet too.

I don't have flat feet but my arches are more like... something that isn't much of an arch at all and as a result my weight is slightly rolled inwards on my ankles.

I'm looking through that fixflatfeet site now for ideas, glad you posted that!

Yeah. I'm still figuring out if I do actually have flat feet, but the exercises are good for strengthening the specific muscles that work the arch.

PS. I found out you live down the street from me. 

THEY'RE SO DELICIOUS.

uggghh

WHAT ARE THOSE I WANT ONE ARE THEY GLUTEN-FREE

they were gluten-free. They were amazing.

DON'T DO IT.  IT'S A TRAP.  ONCE YOU HAVE ONE, YOU JUST WANT MORE.

BUT THEY LOOK LIKE AMAZING LITTLE PUMPKIN-TRUFFLE-CUPCAKE-WHATSITS AND ARE GLUTEN-FREE AND I WANT ONE.

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

We got the recipe here:

http://58daydreams.com/2013/10/08/pumpkin-pie-cupcakes-ohhh-yeah/

To make them gluten-free, we simply replaced the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free all-purpose flour we have.  And then, because we're fancy, we put a gluten-free ginger snap cookie in the bottom of the cup before adding the mix.  This made pretty much exactly 12 cupcakes and we topped them with a generic cream cheese icing which I have no idea how to make, but Sandylion does.

Fortunately, she took all of these to work with her and I do not have to be tempted.

• Like 1

Half-Giant Monk

current challenge

"Promote yourself, but do not demote another." Yisroel Salanter

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines