[Katastrophenkatzchen] What class is a kitty?

Candace, my arms are used to planks because of sun salutations. I did a 30-days.yoga challenge before my first challenge ( because I was late for that challenge) and expirienced an improvement in the transition to cobra.

It was easier and I didn't crash immidiatly down :D

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Funny planks don't hurt my core but my arms. I have strong an muscles but really wimpy pathetic arms with no strength in them.

It's usually my arms that give up before my core does, so I feel you. My arm muscles are probably the weakest muscles I have.

Level 4 Half-Elf Assassin

(that dabbles with the scouts)

Tumblr | Blog | Epic quest

"There is no such thing as perfection. The world itself is imperfect; that's what makes it so beautiful."

Mmm yes, we are all different.

You look amazing in all the pictures, past AND present. Remember that,

Thank you! <3 *hugs*

Might be right, but I don't feel right in my body right now.

It's like I wear a fat suit.

I will work hard for being the best version of me I can be!

• Like 2

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

You sound like me, where it's hard to see how pretty we really are but you're gorgeous!

• Like 2

Goal weight: 135 lbs (61.2 kg), Starting weight: 200 lbs (90.7 kg)

Current Weight: 196.6 lbs (89.2 kg)

5.2%
5.2%

Battle Log | Challenge

The chronicles of my journey through mental illness.

The Stories Not Told

Break the silence. Fight the stigmas. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Level 2 Half-Elf

|STR| 4 |DEX| |STA| |CON| |WIS| |CHA| 5

You sound like me, where it's hard to see how pretty we really are but you're gorgeous!

I told you every girl is like this.

Thank you for your kind words.

We are always harder to ourselves than we have to be :)

Good night for now, tomorrow starts the new day and the new challenge!

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Candace, my arms are used to planks because of sun salutations. I did a 30-days.yoga challenge before my first challenge ( because I was late for that challenge) and expirienced an improvement in the transition to cobra.

It was easier and I didn't crash immidiatly down :D

I totally agree with you on this! Planks are more about core for me too. My arms can take it, probably due to the yoga as well.

Congrats on the planks!

• Like 1

I told you every girl is like this.

Thank you for your kind words.

We are always harder to ourselves than we have to be :)

Good night for now, tomorrow starts the new day and the new challenge!

That's very true. I've never understood, being a man, why women doubt when they are told they are beautiful.  One of my favorite thoughts on women's beauty was written by Robert Jordan. If you've ever read the Wheel of Time series you'll know the character of Rand.  In the third or fourth book he's talking with another character Avehnida about it and he says something to the effect that women are like sunrises, all of them are beautiful, but each in their own way.

I concur with what everyone else is saying, you are beautiful. Don't let anyone tell you different.

• Like 4

People always say, "When the time is right..." or "I'm waiting for the perfect..." Guess what the right time never comes along, the perfect moment, guy, gal or opportunity will never drop into your lap. Don't wait, start now. Do what is necessary, then what's possible... and suddenly you're doing the impossible.

Wayward Son

Level 1 Barbarian Shaman

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

Wayward Son on Facebook | Wayward Son on Fitbit

Weight Loss : Current weight (240lbs) Goal weight (185lbs)

0%
0%

Current WIP: Amidst Broken Hearts Current Word Count (16,353) Goal Word Count (75,000)

22%
22%

That's very true. I've never understood, being a man, why women doubt when they are told they are beautiful.

Very easy to answer.... because it yells at us in every media, every tabloid cover, every film and every poster in the streets that we aren't good enough how we are.... that we should be slimmer, should use more make-up etc.

Slim and slender means successful.

It's there everytime you leave the house and even in your home via commercials in the tv.

In fact, women are taught that they are no good by ads.

If you hear something again and again and again and again and ... someday you believe it.

It's REALLY hard to break this pattern.

• Like 5

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

START OF THE CHALLENGE:

I must be insane!

I got up to give my boyfriend his lunch (he always forgets it -.-) and did my BBWW immidiatly after he left for work.

For warm up: 2 sun salutations

Squats: 10

Push ups (wall):10

Lunges:10

dumbbell rows (1.5 kg): 10

plank : 20 sec

jumping jacks: 15

I managed to do 2 circuits, but oh boy, I was done for then for sure.

I did the wall pushups 10 times more to improve and be able to do real pushups soon.

Did some streches and crashed on the bed for another nap.

Note to self:  GO TO BED EARLIER, YOU FOOL!

The hard parts: squats and lunges. uff!

I see if I can craft some heavier weights, I just had them lay around here.

jumping jacks.... well, I was pretty done for at the first round and saved my energy if I'm honest.

What is better?

Doing multiple circuits with less reps and work up the reps?

Or do one circuit giving my all and working up on the sets?

Time for breakfast.

• Like 7

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Woop, what a great start to the day!

I'd say after you can do reps in the 10-15 range it's better to increase the difficulty level. I think I recall someone saying that if you're not wiped out after a set you weren't trying enough. ;) So it's better to do fewer reps with perfect form and work on increasing the reps than to do many reps with less energy.

Tapatalk has no idea what I'm doing.

• Like 3

"There is no such thing as perfection. The world itself is imperfect; that's what makes it so beautiful."

I prefer to do 3 sets until my form breaks down, and as soon as 3x8 feels easy I go on to the next difficulty. However, everyone says something different and things work differently for different people. Just experiment a bit and see what works for you.

I strongly advise you to continue to incline push-ups instead of full push-ups by the way, they are slightly easier :). It's most motivating to make your progressions as smoothly as possible.

Great job on your first workout my kitty! (is that okay as nickname? :) )

I'd recommend you to do 10-15 reps, and the last 3 reps should be challenging. And multiple sets, with rests in between, make your cardio go up a bit more so that would be what I would recommend. But then again, there's so many different schools of thoughts! So you should do what feels right. :D

Keep rocking!

• Like 2

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Great first day!

With the reps question, you have gotten some great answers above, which I agree with. You might also want to mix it up some times, for X weeks you do multiple circuits with less reps, and the next X weeks you do one circuit and work up the sets.

Keep on going strong :)

• Like 1

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

Woop, what a great start to the day!

I'd say after you can do reps in the 10-15 range it's better to increase the difficulty level. I think I recall someone saying that if you're not wiped out after a set you weren't trying enough. ;) So it's better to do fewer reps with perfect form and work on increasing the reps than to do many reps with less energy.

Tapatalk has no idea what I'm doing.

Believe me, I was totally wiped out hence the nap. I slepped for 2 hours after the wo.

Aaaaand I feel it everywhere in my body.

I prefer to do 3 sets until my form breaks down, and as soon as 3x8 feels easy I go on to the next difficulty. However, everyone says something different and things work differently for different people. Just experiment a bit and see what works for you.

I strongly advise you to continue to incline push-ups instead of full push-ups by the way, they are slightly easier :). It's most motivating to make your progressions as smoothly as possible.

I did inclined pushups for the quidditch challenge but the form was awfull, that's why I do wall pushups again.

I plan to do:

wall <inclined countertop<inclined bathtub<knee pushups<real "guy" pushups

:)

Two cups of green tea is all it takes for you?

I had two 5he Energys in one sitting and was asleep in two hours.

Yes it does.

I'm off all caffein. No coke, no coffee, no cappucchino, no energy drinks.

I had issues with high blood pressure so I don't drink this stuff anymore.

I don't want to take blood pressure pills for the rest of my life!

Great job on your first workout my kitty! (is that okay as nickname? :) )

I'd recommend you to do 10-15 reps, and the last 3 reps should be challenging. And multiple sets, with rests in between, make your cardio go up a bit more so that would be what I would recommend. But then again, there's so many different schools of thoughts! So you should do what feels right. :D

Keep rocking!

Aww of course kitty is okay. It's more than okay I love kitten!

I think it depends on what I want to achieve. I want to build strenght. Having the cardio of the circuit layout is a nice bonus.

Great first day!

With the reps question, you have gotten some great answers above, which I agree with. You might also want to mix it up some times, for X weeks you do multiple circuits with less reps, and the next X weeks you do one circuit and work up the sets.

Keep on going strong :)

Great idea!

• Like 1

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Monday: BBWW, 71g protein, >100% Iron

• Like 3

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Amazing start to your challenge already, yay! :D

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Nice going, great start! Keep it up and you'll ace this challenge. ^^

I plan to do:

wall <inclined countertop<inclined bathtub<knee pushups<real "guy" pushups

When I tried inclined push-ups I found them harder than knee push-ups. It depends on the angle, of course, but doing incline push-ups against a low sofa was harder for me than doing knee push-ups. Or at least I managed to do fewer reps. On the other hand incline push-ups against the kitchen counter were much easier. But if the "real" push-ups feel too hard after knee push-ups you can try a steep angle on incline push-ups first. :)

• Like 2

Great start! Keep going, you got this!

People always say, "When the time is right..." or "I'm waiting for the perfect..." Guess what the right time never comes along, the perfect moment, guy, gal or opportunity will never drop into your lap. Don't wait, start now. Do what is necessary, then what's possible... and suddenly you're doing the impossible.

Wayward Son

Level 1 Barbarian Shaman

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

Wayward Son on Facebook | Wayward Son on Fitbit

Weight Loss : Current weight (240lbs) Goal weight (185lbs)

0%
0%

Current WIP: Amidst Broken Hearts Current Word Count (16,353) Goal Word Count (75,000)

22%
22%

Tuesday: Well no yoga till now... need to fix that before bed hmmm.

Overachiever in protein.... I got 101g today ( I want to thank tofu and cheese for this! *bows*)

Nearly all nutrients over 100%, just my all time foe - Pantothenacid - and Vitamin D are under 50%, Vitamin E is 78%. So overachiever here too if we take a look back and see that I just wanted to focus on Iron.

I nearly went nuts today because I wanted nuts and cheese sooooo bad. Lucky me I planned cheese for dinner!

Had self made pudding and a tiny piece of +80% bitter chocolate.

I think it's THIS time of the month again....

Pc was off the whole day but still not studies.... have to kick my butt with this!

T - >100% Iron, >60g Protein, <3 hours internet.

• Like 3

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Cheese is sooooo good! Congrats on your nutrients! Sorry about the month. :(

Goal weight: 135 lbs (61.2 kg), Starting weight: 200 lbs (90.7 kg)

Current Weight: 196.6 lbs (89.2 kg)

5.2%
5.2%

Battle Log | Challenge

The chronicles of my journey through mental illness.

The Stories Not Told

Break the silence. Fight the stigmas. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Level 2 Half-Elf

|STR| 4 |DEX| |STA| |CON| |WIS| |CHA| 5

Cheese is sooooo good! Congrats on your nutrients! Sorry about the month. :(

It's actually not sooo bad. I just could eat all day.

Since I take hormons I don't have circulatory collapse or mood swing or cramps anymore.

I just don't like taking them.

Cheese is adiccting.... so unfair!

Well, I'm totally certain that I don't like meat. Saturday my bf had BBQ with a friend and we still have some meat in the fridge. When I open it in the morning to get my applesauce I really can't stand the smell.

It's really nauseous.

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines