[Katastrophenkatzchen] What class is a kitty?

Trying new exercises sounds like fun! I should try to coax my boyfriend into trying some new kind of workout too...

It was most likly something like... "Look at that describtion.... HOW THE HECK DOES THAT WORK?" And then both trying it out.

Was quite fun :D

Hi tearose!

BBWW worked good today... saw some progress too.

Squats:11/12/11

wallpushups: 15/15/15

Lunges: 9+9/8+8/8+8

Rows (3 kg): 15/15/15

Plank:30/20/30

jumping jacks: 25/25/30

Mood-wise I'm really down right now and am thinking if studying really is the right thing for me....

Meeeh :(

• Like 2

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Why do you feel down my dear? :(

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

I just don't have the feeling of being at the right place and that this is the right path for my future. I don't like my main subject anymore (biology) and would rather do something with literature. Or stop studying and become a bookseller or archivar....

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Sometimes you actually have to go with your gut feeling. Meditate on those goals and see what seems to be the best fit for you, then I'd recommend doing a SMART goal list for it and see what you would have to do in order to succeed. :D

• Like 1

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

I just don't have the feeling of being at the right place and that this is the right path for my future. I don't like my main subject anymore (biology) and would rather do something with literature. Or stop studying and become a bookseller or archivar....

Like Arya said, go with your gut feeling. When I studied Business administration, there were several times that I felt it wasn't the right path for me, but since I had no other areas I wanted to study, I kept going. If you know what you want, I suggest you listen to your inner voice. But of course, it also depends on how far you´ve come in your studies. If you have 1 year left, it might be smart to continue, but if you are at the beginning or middle of your studies, take a long serious thought on if you really should continue or switch. FInally, make sure you don´t switch to "get away" from something, if you change, it should be to something that really inspires you.

• Like 2

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

I'm not sure how it is in your country but in America most people don't end up working jobs in their field of study. I'm of the opinion that studying is best done on something you are passionate about because then you learn it even better. I have too many friends who got degrees in fields they hated just fora job and then never got jobs in that field anyway.

Goal weight: 135 lbs (61.2 kg), Starting weight: 200 lbs (90.7 kg)

Current Weight: 196.6 lbs (89.2 kg)

5.2%
5.2%

Battle Log | Challenge

The chronicles of my journey through mental illness.

The Stories Not Told

Break the silence. Fight the stigmas. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Level 2 Half-Elf

|STR| 4 |DEX| |STA| |CON| |WIS| |CHA| 5

I'm not sure how it is in your country but in America most people don't end up working jobs in their field of study. I'm of the opinion that studying is best done on something you are passionate about because then you learn it even better. I have too many friends who got degrees in fields they hated just fora job and then never got jobs in that field anyway.

Well, in the subject I study if you pass all the exams, you find a job. I study to become teacher.

I agree that it's most important to study something you are passionate about.

And that's the point at the moment.... I'm not in any way passionate about biology....

I could never be a book seller.

I'd read them all then hoard them.

All 20 copies of the same book? ;)

Hi Kätzchen, please think twice about bookselling. Didn't you tell somebody how great the kindle is lately? ;) Why did you choose biology? What is bothering you right now? And in which city are you studying if I may ask?

You see, in my country we have fixed prices for books.... this means a ebook is usually just 1 or 2 Euro less that a paperback. In America it's different.

I don't see that people stop buying hardcovers or paperback and are just buying ebooks in the future. They have their pros ( portability, easy access...) but I and one of those people who read a bokk again and again, if it's good. And then, I love hardcovers.

I love to snuggle on the couch with a cup of tea, a blanket and a beautiful bound book with colored front paper and such.

It's a type of art to me.

I study in Berlin, Germany.

What bothers me.... I don't really have interest in what I have to do.... read botany and neurology/behavior because it's taught in such a boring way and tested in stupid, read-write-and-forget type of exams.

There is so much interesting stuff and it's taught in the most boring way.

I'm not sure if studying is the right way for me.

I'm investigating alternatives this semester.... maybe a switch of the subjet could do. If not, there are tons of other jobs in the world.... I "just" need to find the right one.

• Like 1

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

You see, in my country we have fixed prices for books.... this means a ebook is usually just 1 or 2 Euro less that a paperback. In America it's different.

I don't see that people stop buying hardcovers or paperback and are just buying ebooks in the future. They have their pros ( portability, easy access...) but I and one of those people who read a bokk again and again, if it's good. And then, I love hardcovers.

I love to snuggle on the couch with a cup of tea, a blanket and a beautiful bound book with colored front paper and such.

It's a type of art to me.

I love hardcovers too!  You just described one of my favorite things to do on a chilly autumn day.  Everyone is all about getting the e-readers, but I' just not interested!  There is nothing quite like the feel and smell of an amazing book.  :)

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

I much prefer the feeling of a book in my hand. I think a lot of people do. I have an e reader I never use and Half Priced Books is one of my favorite shops. My husband and I spend way too much money there.

• Like 1

Goal weight: 135 lbs (61.2 kg), Starting weight: 200 lbs (90.7 kg)

Current Weight: 196.6 lbs (89.2 kg)

5.2%
5.2%

Battle Log | Challenge

The chronicles of my journey through mental illness.

The Stories Not Told

Break the silence. Fight the stigmas. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Level 2 Half-Elf

|STR| 4 |DEX| |STA| |CON| |WIS| |CHA| 5

I love hardcovers too!  You just described one of my favorite things to do on a chilly autumn day.  Everyone is all about getting the e-readers, but I' just not interested!  There is nothing quite like the feel and smell of an amazing book.   :)

I much prefer the feeling of a book in my hand. I think a lot of people do. I have an e reader I never use and Half Priced Books is one of my favorite shops. My husband and I spend way too much money there.

Exactly, and when you can't really save money by getting an ebook instead of a physical book I don't think a lot of people like it.

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Can you maybe try to learn the same stuff as in your studies online? I can imagine that some teachers are not great at keeping their course interesting, so it might be more motivating to watch online lectures. I've also found it useful to study in little groups, for example for making exercises. If you're together, it's easier to keep the motivation.

If you decide to want to work at a book store, note that there are already discussions going in The Netherlands about the minimum book prize. I expect this discussion will be held at European level in the next few years as well, since you could say it's unfair competition if a german book is cheaper in The Netherlands than in Germany, even including shipping costs. There have some very big chains of bookstores gone bankrupt in the last few years, because many people order their (physical) books online for lower prizes and no shipping costs. Not to say that you should not look into starting a bookshop, but it would be a very risky operation, at least at this side of the border. Depending on how many years you have to go, you can first get a degree and then see if you can start a bookstore. If things go wrong, you can always fall back on teaching ;).

• Like 1

Thank you all for your feedback.

I am slacking at my fitness goals right now, but doing okay on the study and internet goal.

Although I must admit that I was on youtube the whole day, I used it like a audiobook while doing the kitchen and sewing room.

I'd count that as less than 3 hours of internet.

• Like 1

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Weather is okay, it's just the massive thoughts and insecureness are effecting my overall mood and likelyness to do something.

I still have 4 days to go this week....

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

I owe you a recap of week one:

WEEK ONE

Bear: 100%,

Cat:66%,

Tree:100%,

Owl: 100% internet 30% study

• Like 3

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

I wish you the best! It might be a difficult week, but you're doing great and we're all here to support you!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines