Strong. Calm. Focused. Eve's 12th challenge.

I am Eve

Yes.

It is time again.

Last challenge I lost momentum at the end and went into the darkness. Looking back I understand how exhausted I must be from all the changes made during the last years and eleven challenges. So many good changes in so many different areas: work, sleep, weight, shape and so on.

Now I am happy with myself, my career, my relationship and my health. So, no challenge for me this time because I’m done :playful:  ?!!

Just kidding, I’m hopefully never done. Last time I had "the home within" as my theme and I will continue on that path. I need to put all the different areas, that I worked so hard in, more in touch with each other. This will create harmony and balance between them so they can all coexist. Then I can see which area needs more attention at a certain point in time and focus there as long as necessary, then return to overall focus. 

My main quest this time is therefore harmony and balance between all my different priorities, that I’ve been working on, that are coming together now.

My motivation is as always that I need to keep my priorities and goals in sight to avoid a relapse in my fatigue syndrome which has been a part of my life since 2011.

Strong, calm and focused are my keywords this time: so how will I get there?

Calm comes through a strong yoga practice.

My mind is in it but the longer sessions with my own program at home are not happening. I am not prioritizing them, and they are not a stabile part of my routine.

My goal is yoga every single day. On the days that I am not working there will be a longer session (45-60 minutes). This means usually two days per week.

I will make time for at least one more long session.

Before I go to work I tend to wind up so I will spend 10 minutes on the mat in the morning on those days.

Grading

Morning practice

A; 42-40 B; 39-36 C; 35-31 D; 30-28 E; 27-25

Practice on weekends and days when I don't work

75% : A  50% : C   25% : E

Focus comes from a clear mind.

I have had alcohol as part of my challenge for two consecutive challenges, this will be the third. 

My goal is to make conscious choices and not just have a drink because everyone else is doing it. It is also to identify those times when I tend to use it as a relief for worry and anxiety, and eliminate those occasions. If I have too much alcohol on a weekday I will be tired the next day and I do not want that to happen. 

I want to to limit the number of occasions and also limit the amount consumed on those occasions.

I have come so far as making more conscious choices but not very far at limiting the number of occasions.

My goal will be to have alcohol no more than three times per week. This is set and I am not allowed to ”collect” days and use as I please. At any given occasion I will not have more alcohol than three glasses of wine or corresponding amount in another form.

I will be given two free passes during the challenge.

Grading 

Less than three times or three times per week; pass

Strength comes from a healthy body.

I have developed a very close relationship with the sugar demon again and this needs to be changed. My food habits are deteriorating and I am putting on weight in a way that I am not happy with. Willpower is the way.

My goal is limiting consumption in the following ways.

-I will not buy sweets, cakes, ice-cream (I changed to allowing ice-cream), etc.

-I will not order desserts in restaurants.

-I will not eat sweets at work.

-I will not keep sweets at home

What is allowed is fruit, dark chocolate over 70%, almonds and dried apricots (in limited amounts)

I will be given two free passes during the challenge (to be used if for instance I go out to a nice restaurant and order a more extensive menu).

Grading

No extra sugar; A. Breaking the rules less than twice or twice: C. Breaking the rules more than five times: F.

My side quests

My fitness side quest is to get back to running which also gives strength and will help firming the parts of me that are softer than I desire.

My goal is twice per week and 5 k’s or more.

Grading

12-10 times: A     9-8 times: B   7-5 times: C  4-2 times: D

My life side quest is……;beauty.

What has brought this about?

1. I got married in February and naturally I wore make up then. I don’t usually, partly because of my work, partly because of lacking eyebrows and lashes, partly because I wear permanent makeup in the shape of tattoos, and finally; I’m lazy. Now, the point is that I look so amazing in the photos…..so it’s kind of tempting to look more amazing on a day to day basis.
  2. I recently discovered a very inspiring blog written by an adult (!) who is a beauty magazine editor. She writes in a way that makes me inspired to look at certain products and techniques.
  3. This used to be an interest when I was younger and I do very much enjoy those rare occasions when I get ready for a bigger event, put on some nice music and get all my gear spread out in the bathroom, just to spend some time making myself pretty. 
  4. For some reason at the moment my eyelashes and brows have grown back. I am sure it won’t last but why not enjoy it?

How does this fit in with my keywords? It makes my happy, which gives me energy and strength.

How do I do this?

I have already treated myself to my first pedicure (made by me) in a really long time. I will let it come to me. I have bought a mascara which I’ll start using (haven’t yet because I’m afraid I’ll just poke my finger in my eye and ruin it, plus it’s so hot here I want to wait). Also, I need to fix my brows because they’re kind of wild. Oh, and I want to sort through my makeup and see what I have and organize it and….

There are plenty of ideas. Let these three above be the first three weeks.

Grading

Most of all it is a win only to want to explore this again  :nevreness: 

6 things : A

0 things : F

I will add the grading before the official challenge start on Monday. Grading added, a bit late... :playful: 

Six weeks aiming at strength, calm and focus. During this time I will be working a lot and I will be going on a there day hike with some colleagues from work. 

Oh, and I start NOW!  :onthego: 

• Like 3

I have chosen to believe in myself.

This is such a well planned and round challence.

Congratulations!

I find not buying ice cream in summer extremely hard, so I wish you luck.

If you have a blender you can make your own ice cream from frozen bananas and milk/nut milk.

Would this fit your plan? Then maybe it's a good backup plan.

On beauty.... it's really hard to find a beauty blog by an adult, you are right.

Keep in mind that make up has an expiration date too, while you are sorting it.

If I might give you this advice: Toss all make-up older than 1 year. It has bacteria in it you won't want to have on your skin. Good luck!

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Going to work now, on call tonight. I just spent ten glorious minutes on the mat!

Also enjoyed a lovely shower for as long as it lasts, it's 29 degrees centigrade outside.

Packed healthy food for tonight, halloumi and ruccola among other things.

• Like 1

Ohh the warm. I can't wait to get to the warm weather once again. 

Just reading your posts make me feel calm. Subbing for that inspiration that (I hope) filters back to my own challenge.

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Your challenge put a big smile on my face.  I relate to your limitation of sweets.  I'm pretty good at being strict, but dang it!  Ice cream just tastes so damn good in the summer!  :P

Also, I really like the beauty part of your challenge.  I think it's just as important to feel confident and beautiful on the outside as well as the inside.  It kind of goes hand in hand, I think.

Let's do this!  :D  

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

I cannot wait to watch your progress on this challenge, Guild Leader.  Good luck out there.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

This is such a well planned and round challence.

Congratulations!

I find not buying ice cream in summer extremely hard, so I wish you luck.

If you have a blender you can make your own ice cream from frozen bananas and milk/nut milk.

Would this fit your plan? Then maybe it's a good backup plan.

On beauty.... it's really hard to find a beauty blog by an adult, you are right.

Keep in mind that make up has an expiration date too, while you are sorting it.

If I might give you this advice: Toss all make-up older than 1 year. It has bacteria in it you won't want to have on your skin. Good luck!

Thank you so much! I hope that means that it will also be executed in the same way......

That is an excellent idea: making my own ice-cream. Right now it is 31 degrees outside and my determination is being tested.....

Yes, this blog is amazing: fun, interesting, knowledgeable and written by a "normal" person. I enjoy it so much!

I know I should toss the old makeup and some of it is hard to part from  :pride:  She actually writes about that as well....

I am bringing my mascara with me over the weekend to play with it!

• Like 1

Ohh the warm. I can't wait to get to the warm weather once again. 

Just reading your posts make me feel calm. Subbing for that inspiration that (I hope) filters back to my own challenge.

Hmm, yes, it is indeed wonderful (when I keep in the shade and remember to keep hydrated and force myself to not think about global warming......). Thank you for helping me remember that!

So happy to be able to transfer some of the calm to you. The process of putting words to it  strengthens the feeling I have and my determination. 

• Like 1

Your challenge put a big smile on my face.  I relate to your limitation of sweets.  I'm pretty good at being strict, but dang it!  Ice cream just tastes so damn good in the summer!   :tongue:

Also, I really like the beauty part of your challenge.  I think it's just as important to feel confident and beautiful on the outside as well as the inside.  It kind of goes hand in hand, I think.

Let's do this!   :D

Yes, hm, I might modify the ice cream part (or buy a blender!!!!) It is just soo hot outside.....

It does go hand in hand but I sometimes have these stupid conflicting emotions not allowing me to enjoy beauty care because of it being shallow and so forth. The inside and the outside are indeed linked and there is more to gain from enhacing my looks than what meets the eye (see what I did there?)

• Like 1

On the train going north to my love. My night at work was quite rough and I was so exhausted in the morning. I slept in the on call room afterwards because it is so much cooler than my small apartment.

Staying away from sugar this night was tough but I made it and had cherry tomatoes as a snack instead. I am comforting myself with the knowledge that it will get easier. Don't know about the no ice cream goal, I might change it.

Sleep came fast and then I went home to pack and clean up before going to the train.

I was in a good mood and allowed myself a glass of sparkling wine which tasted amazing!

Now on the train with wifi really diving into all the threads already created for the new challenge. Great fun!

• Like 1

Sounds like the perfect start in the day :)

• Like 1

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Eve, illustrious & wise guild leader! I love your goals, I love that you connect these to being happy. Finding happiness is sometimes better than being a certain weight, or lifting so much or running so far. I love your life quest of beauty, remember that beauty isn't any of those things either, it comes from  your soul.  I look forward to being here to encouraging you!

p.s. I love your swooshy smiley-start face ;)

People always say, "When the time is right..." or "I'm waiting for the perfect..." Guess what the right time never comes along, the perfect moment, guy, gal or opportunity will never drop into your lap. Don't wait, start now. Do what is necessary, then what's possible... and suddenly you're doing the impossible.

Wayward Son

Level 1 Barbarian Shaman

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

Wayward Son on Facebook | Wayward Son on Fitbit

Weight Loss : Current weight (240lbs) Goal weight (185lbs)

0%
0%

Current WIP: Amidst Broken Hearts Current Word Count (16,353) Goal Word Count (75,000)

22%
22%

Eve. Looking forward to being along with you on this part of your journey.

You are so deserving of feeling beautiful on the outside, too. Looking forward to cheering you on through this. Have you thought about putting your key words in a focal point in the house?

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Eve, illustrious & wise guild leader! I love your goals, I love that you connect these to being happy. Finding happiness is sometimes better than being a certain weight, or lifting so much or running so far. I love your life quest of beauty, remember that beauty isn't any of those things either, it comes from  your soul.  I look forward to being here to encouraging you!

p.s. I love your swooshy smiley-start face ;)

Generous reflections, how lovely. Finding happiness (I come to think about that phrase "They seek him here, they seek him there, that damned elusive Pimpernel"about the Scarlet Pimpernel).

Finding happiness for me I think is staying alive and alert and simply welcoming and acknowledging it when it appears because when we least expect it it is just...there.

• Like 1

Eve. Looking forward to being along with you on this part of your journey.

You are so deserving of feeling beautiful on the outside, too. Looking forward to cheering you on through this. Have you thought about putting your key words in a focal point in the house?

Thought about? YES

Done? NO 

Thought about? YES

Done? NO

Well, what are you waiting for?

Grab that age-old lipstick and scrawl it on the mirror! :)

Or you could, you know, just write it large on a piece of paper and stick it up with tape.

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines