I’ve got 9 weeks until the Super Spartan I signed up for.  I am also moving to another country 3 days after that.  So my main quest this challenge is going to be further preparing for the Super and I’ll have a little side quest of getting things done to prepare for my big move.  It’s going to be crazy, I am going to be busy, time is going to fly by!

Last challenge I had a rough go after the halfway point, it looked like this:

Week 1: 87%

Week 2: 87%

Week 3: 80%

Week 4: 40%

Week 5: 53%

Week 6: 67%

So this challenge I am going to add an extra rule in order to hopefully motivate me to keep at it throughout weeks 4-6.  I am going to have to a minimum of 80% each week in order to pass that week.  If I don’t get 80% I fail and get nothing for that week.  I think it will work because I love seeing my stat points increase.  I also need to post notes everywhere to remind myself that if I don’t put in all the effort I won’t get the points. 

SO my goals this challenge….

1.   Workout 3x per week.  (STR: 2  DEX:1)

I am changing up my workouts a little this go round.  I love Love LOVE lifting heavy things but I need more practice lifting and moving my own body around.  Once I relocate I am 95% sure I won’t have access to (and won’t be able to afford) a gym and weights so I will have to get a bodyweight routine under way.  Instead of only barbell training I am adding my pull ups back in as well as some serious burpee work!  Oh and hand stand practice too!!!  I will have to separate my workouts in to barbells and bodyweights because I don’t have time in the mornings for bodyweight stuff.

AM – Squats & Deadlifts

PM – Pull ups, Burpees, & Hand stands

2.   Run 2x per week.  (STA:2)

I don’t overly enjoy lots of running but I still need to keep doing it in order to be able to run the Super.  I’m dropping down to 2 runs per week and I am pretty sure all the burpees from goal 1 will add some extra conditioning too.  I will be doing 1 hill sprint type run and 1 long trail run each week.

3.   6 cups VEGETABLES every day.  (CON:2 CHA:2)

I had a food goal last challenge and I sucked at it….mostly because it was too vague and I allowed myself to throw in too many ifs, ands, and buts.  This time I am really simplifying it.  I am not sure if 6 cups will be way too much so I may tweak this goal after a few weeks.  The plan with this goal is to eat all the veggies first so that I will be satisfied enough not to want any other snacky crap later on. 

4.   Post in my NF Academy battle log 4x per week.  (CHA:1 WIS:1)

I love the NF Academy women and have been slacking on my interactions with that forum.  I want to keep this a big part of my life because it is a huge motivation for me to keep conquering my goals.  When I am actively participating in the forums I am very successful with my goals so this should be a win/win.

And then to prepare for my big move…..(WIS:2)

-      Change all addresses so my mail doesn’t get lost

-      Sell my futon

-      Sell my truck...stupid truck sell!!!

-      Move my horse and my dog :’(

-      Get extra insurance

-      Pack/purge more crap

This is all stuff that needs to get done and in order to motivate me to get it done sooner rather than later (when I will be panicking) I am going to give 1 point for every 3 things I get done. 

Mini Challenge: I am going to participate as much as possible as long as it isn’t interfering with my other goals.

So here we go again!  LETS DO THIS!!!!

**Any suggestions, critiquing, and comments are appreciated**

• Like 2

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Week 1 Completed.

1.   Workout 3x per week:  2/3

2.   Run 2x per week:  2/2

3.   6 cups VEGETABLES every day:  7/7

4.   Post in my NF Academy battle log 4x per week:  4/4

And then to prepare for my big move:  4/6

-      Change all addresses so my mail doesn’t get lost

-      Sell my futon

-      Sell my truck

-      Move my horse and my dog :’(

-      Get extra insurance

-      Pack/purge more crap

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Hey Elder,

Yay, I get to follow you first! Just remember, I was here before all the cool kids came and made it mainstream.

Goals look good. For veggies, I take a big salad to work every day. That gets me 6 cups of veggies right there. Add in some chicken, steak strips, hard boiled eggs, nuts, avocado, oil based salad dressings, hemp hearts or whatever else is needed to make it satisfying. (not to mention adding protein and healthy fats)

And burpees! So happy and so sad for you at the same time. :)

• Like 1

Quirky DM

My Battle Log: QuirkyDM going Quazy

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

Hey Elder,

Yay, I get to follow you first! Just remember, I was here before all the cool kids came and made it mainstream.

Goals look good. For veggies, I take a big salad to work every day. That gets me 6 cups of veggies right there. Add in some chicken, steak strips, hard boiled eggs, nuts, avocado, oil based salad dressings, hemp hearts or whatever else is needed to make it satisfying. (not to mention adding protein and healthy fats)

And burpees! So happy and so sad for you at the same time. :)

That salad sounds good!  I am definitely going to be getting loads of lettuce, spinach, and cabbage as fillers.  And I always forget about avocado as part of a salad....I love avocado!  

I would really like to do 30 burpees a day every day and add even more in on my workout days.  We will see.  There's just too many ways I could do things!

P.s. Where the heck is your challenge?!?

I am in, as always...so I can continue to be jealous of all your endeavors (especially the move)! I have no advice to give, because I know you have thought of everything already!  Just crush it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal Stats: (
About Me)
Start Weight: 279.6    Current Weight: 270.1    Goal Weight: 220.0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge History: Lvl 1 Rebel, PvP, Lvl 2 Warrior, Lvl 3 Warrior

Booo...the infamous double post!  On my thread if you double post I ask you to tell a funny joke, story, awkward moment, etc...so here it goes.

I am adding some push up progressions to my regimen this go around, and one of the items is deficit push-ups.  Upon watching some videos to learn the progression I decided to give it a go at the gym.  I get on the TRX straps and slowly begin my "descent", upon reaching horizontal my arms start to flare out (as they should), but my body was not ready for it.  The muscles shook to hold my position but couldn't recover!  Not knowing what to do, my nose dangling about 1.5 feet above the ground my arms gave out!  I didn't know how to recover, or FAIL...so I belly flopped on the gym floor, flinging the TRX straps in both directions, hitting each person on my left and right.  All of this is right in front of the entire cardio section of the gym, so I feel as if everyones' eyes are on me...

What happens next, you ask?  I apologize to the folks on my left/right and loudly state, "Welp, I guess I am not ready for that!" and walked off.

• Like 4

About Me)

Booo...the infamous double post!  ...

I had already read your double post request on your forum so as soo as I read that I was like "Sweet he had BETTER tell me a joke or story because that's what he told everyone else to do!"  and then you did! :D

... On my thread if you double post I ask you to tell a funny joke, story, awkward moment, etc...so here it goes.

I am adding some push up progressions to my regimen this go around, and one of the items is deficit push-ups.  Upon watching some videos to learn the progression I decided to give it a go at the gym.  I get on the TRX straps and slowly begin my "descent", upon reaching horizontal my arms start to flare out (as they should), but my body was not ready for it.  The muscles shook to hold my position but couldn't recover!  Not knowing what to do, my nose dangling about 1.5 feet above the ground my arms gave out!  I didn't know how to recover, or FAIL...so I belly flopped on the gym floor, flinging the TRX straps in both directions, hitting each person on my left and right.  All of this is right in front of the entire cardio section of the gym, so I feel as if everyones' eyes are on me...

What happens next, you ask?  I apologize to the folks on my left/right and loudly state, "Welp, I guess I am not ready for that!" and walked off.

Oh man, that is hilarious!  And so embarrassing at the same time.  Hah.  Thank you for that.  :)

• Like 1

Sounds like you have a huge amount on your plate this challenge, good luck with it all and I will be following to cheer you on!

Thanks!  I do have a lot on my plate and I figured putting a lot of it out there would help with my procrastination.  Although I do seem to work harder/better under pressure.  I will definitely need all the cheering on I can get!!  :D

Elder,

Looks like we have a lot in common this challenge! Also guilty of procrastination over here...moving is a lot of work  :playful:

Big salads are definitely good for loading up on veggies, but I get tired of leafy greens super quickly. Yummy homemade dressings help with that...or you can do batches of roasted vegetables (beets/carrots/onions/mushrooms/tomatoes/zucchini if you like it). Or less conventional salads (tomatoes + EVOO/balsamic + basil, or cucumber + vinaigrette + scallions, or shredded carrots + dijon/lemon juice/EVOO+nuts). Avocado also makes a good dressing ingredient, and combining with lemon juice or vinegar may prevent browning.

Perhaps you should create a daily burpee PvP  :welcoming:

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

Elder, join up with the Vegetable Alphabet Challenge!!! 

(Makes note to self ... need to create an index for all the cool recipes shared already .....)

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

You are sooooo busy! But I know you'll manage to finish strong!

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Elder,

Looks like we have a lot in common this challenge! Also guilty of procrastination over here...moving is a lot of work  :playful:

Big salads are definitely good for loading up on veggies, but I get tired of leafy greens super quickly. Yummy homemade dressings help with that...or you can do batches of roasted vegetables (beets/carrots/onions/mushrooms/tomatoes/zucchini if you like it). Or less conventional salads (tomatoes + EVOO/balsamic + basil, or cucumber + vinaigrette + scallions, or shredded carrots + dijon/lemon juice/EVOO+nuts). Avocado also makes a good dressing ingredient, and combining with lemon juice or vinegar may prevent browning.

Perhaps you should create a daily burpee PvP  :welcoming:

Thanks for the recipe!  Perhaps I will create a PvP...that is person vs person??

Elder, join up with the Vegetable Alphabet Challenge!!! 

(Makes note to self ... need to create an index for all the cool recipes shared already .....)

I will try to find this Vegetable Alphabet Challenge!!!

You are sooooo busy! But I know you'll manage to finish strong!

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

It's crazy!!!  Thanks for the support!  :D

I took last week off working out.  It was nice and not so nice at the same time.  It was great to sleep in and not have to pack my gym bag or worry about scheduling workouts in.  It was an awesome mental recharge because I was starting to flounder a bit with my workouts.  I was getting too unsure with myself and needed some time to stop what I was doing and reflect on where I wanted to go.  I had extra time to do whatever I wanted.  However, I was tired most of the week, because I was up late and lazed around in bed in the mornings.  My body was used to getting up and getting going so when I took that time off it got really really lazy.  Even though I enjoyed having the week off I still felt like I was missing something, I thought about working out a lot, like I should be doing something.  I think the biggest thing for me was that I wasn't really productive in other areas while I took my week off, I sort of reverted back to my lazy ways (laying on the couch and playing Candy Crush for hours) I didn't totally enjoy the whole experience.  That's ok, I learned things about myself and where I am at now so I can plan for the future.  smile.png  

Yesterday was Monday, thankfully, so I was back home and getting back in to a routine.  I got back in to town early enough on Sunday that I was able to get to the grocery store and get a bunch of food prepped for the week.  I am all set for this week so I should get 100%!

I was up at 4:45am yesterday morning, it was tough but I was excited about starting my new 6 week program so I managed to get dressed and make the bed before I fell back asleep.  Once I was up I took Chopper for our regular 20 minute walk, then made my breakfast shake and headed to the gym for 6:00am.  smile.png

I've got my new routine all figured out...although I may tweak it a bit because I am sore from upping my sets.

Monday morning I did...

Warm-up

Squats: 5x5x65, 5x5x85, 3x5x105

Deadlifts: 5x5x65, 5x5x95, 3x5x115

Bodyweight Rows: 5x5

Stretch

My body isn't used to doing so many sets, I usually only did 3 sets of 5 reps so when I got to the heavy weight I was beat and didn't have to time to rest longer between sets.  It also didn't help that I took an entire week off of working out.  I sweat A LOT!  It was awesome!!  

After work I did...

30 Burpees

3x2 Pull Ups

5x5 Assisted Pull Ups

(I should have stretched more but I didn't... :()

I ate my 6+ cups of veggies and drank my 80oz of water yesterday too.  I did have two tea and one coffee but no cream or sugar just black!  

I was in bed by 7:40 and slept like a rock all night long.  It was well deserved!  

Today I was up at 4:45am again, feeling good although sore, and took Chopper for a 20 minute walk.  

Even though yesterday was super fantastic I should have done things differently.  I know better than to jump in to a new tougher routine full out and expect to be totally fine the next day.  :/  I should have took a lot more time to stretch in the morning and then I should have stretched a second time after my pull ups and burpees.  Oh well, lesson learned...again.  :)  

Oh yah I almost forgot.  Yesterday I had to swap out trucks but no one was around to give me a ride between those trucks.  I parked one at my uncles house and then had a wonderful 4km back country walk to truck #2.   :)  No wonder I feel battered....I did every kind of exercising yesterday!   :D

**Edit!  After looking at MyRunKeeper I see that I only did 3.1km yesterday...***

• Like 1

Oh yah I almost forgot.  Yesterday I had to swap out trucks but no one was around to give me a ride between those trucks.  I parked one at my uncles house and then had a wonderful 4km back country walk to truck #2.   :)  No wonder I feel battered....I did every kind of exercising yesterday!   :D

Woot!!  Count up the miles for the mini-challenge!!!

The Veggie Alphabet Challenge is ongoing - so jump in when you can. 

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

Wooo your goals look awesome! And I love finding new Spartan training people! What Super are you doing?

Have you considered making sand bags for when you move? For about $30 you can make your own and use them to add weight to runs and your body weight routine by putting them in a backpack. All you need is 50lbs of sand, trash bags, and loads of duct tape all of which can be acquired at a hardware store easily. Unless perhaps you're moving to remote Cambodia. Are you? Anyway, I divided mine into 10lb bags so that I can change weight around as necessary. Also random stuff like dragging a car tire is an excellent workout and some tire stores will give you them for free.

Wooo your goals look awesome! And I love finding new Spartan training people! What Super are you doing?

Have you considered making sand bags for when you move? For about $30 you can make your own and use them to add weight to runs and your body weight routine by putting them in a backpack. All you need is 50lbs of sand, trash bags, and loads of duct tape all of which can be acquired at a hardware store easily. Unless perhaps you're moving to remote Cambodia. Are you? Anyway, I divided mine into 10lb bags so that I can change weight around as necessary. Also random stuff like dragging a car tire is an excellent workout and some tire stores will give you them for free.

I am doing the Chicago Super at the end of September!

I've thought of making sandbags here, but not when I move.  Good idea though!  Haha I'm moving to New Zealand so they should have some kind of duct tape....I also have a roll and could throw that in my bag to take with me....

I like the idea of the 10lb bags.  I always thought of making one large one but it would definitely be easier with the smaller ones.  :D

• Like 1

The Chicago Super .... that is so cool!!

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

Oh many I am one hurtin' unit today.  So stupid!  I am still sore from my workout on Monday and still can't walk properly.  I am annoyed at myself because this is hindering my progress, no workout this morning.  I went for my 20 minute walk though and it hurt especially the down hills.  More stretching and walking after work, hopefully I will feel much better tomorrow as I have scheduled hill sprints with a friend. 

I got all my veggies and water in yesterday.  I was actually getting about 7 - 7.5 cups in because I have 1/2 cup spinach and 1/2-1 avocado in my breakfast shakes.  I also need to remind myself that I don't have to eat all the vegetables in one sitting!  I was so full yesterday.  :)  But it's all good.  

I'm also getting back in to my active groove over on the Academy forums so 3 out of 4 wins is great!

Sooo I just jumped on a team to do a 5k mud run in a week and a half (Aug 9)!!!!  It's a women only 'fun run" so no timing involved and I don't have to be competitive....which I am all the time....  I don't know anyone on the team either so it should be quite interesting.  :)  I couldn't help myself, I LOVE mud runs and OCRs!!!!

• Like 1

Sooo I just jumped on a team to do a 5k mud run in a week and a half (Aug 9)!!!! It's a women only 'fun run" so no timing involved and I don't have to be competitive....which I am all the time.... I don't know anyone on the team either so it should be quite interesting. :) I couldn't help myself, I LOVE mud runs and OCRs!!!!

Since you don't know anyone, they won't even know when you're being competitive. .. unless you smash someone's face in the mud or elbow someone out of the way then step on their body to get ahead. Either way I want pictures.
  • Like 2

About Me)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines