• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aces3000

Aces3000 - My quest for a better life!

This is my first challenge at NF and I'm pretty excited about it! I've been out of shape for a while and am tired of having no energy and also tired of how tight my pants fit.

I always start exercise programs and quite because I set my goals so high that I inevitably stop before seeing any lasting results. Small changes work best for me. As an example, I cut high fructose corn syrup out of my diet four years ago, lost weight and have kept it off. 

I don't have stamina and want to improve that and my overall health and how I look. I'm going to keep this one simple and hold myself accountable.

I'm 5'10" and I weigh 200 pounds.

8/18 - Edited for weeks 4-6 of challenge.

Main Quest - Lose 5 pounds by end of six week challenge

Quest 1 - Walk 20-30 minutes 3 times per week. I've already started this and feel better after only a few days of doing it. If I can maintain this over the next three weeks, it's worth 1 Stamina point.

Quest 2 - Do Beginner Body Weight Work Out 2 times per week. - I'm going to try to do this 3 times per week for the rest of the challenge. However, if I at least do it twice each week, that's worth 2 Strength points.

Quest 3 - Start making diet change to more of a Paleo Diet. I'm going to start by changing what I eat for breakfast. Currently, I typically eat a piece of toast with peanut butter. Definitely not Paleo! - I've been managing to do this 6 out of 7 days the past three weeks. If I maintain that over the next three weeks, it's worth 1 Constitution point.

Life Quest - I'm currently considering a change in career. I'm going to schedule one meeting per week with professionals who work in fields that interest me. Thankfully, I have a great network so should be able to see progress in this area. -  Going to continue over the next trhee weeks. I have made the decision to definitely change careers. Keeping up my job hunt and networking efforts will earn me 1 Wisdom point at the end of the challenge.

Motivation - I want to feel better and look better. Also want to have passion for what I do for a living.

That's it for the first one. Thanks for looking and also for any suggestions!

• Like 4

I like your goals.

I know paleo is a huge thing around here. And I have nothing against it. If you want to try it out thats fine.

But my biggest advice for changing a diet isn't to look for a plan first.  Instead cutting down until you reach correct portions. Eating slower, and drinking a ton of water (all day, I shoot for like 3 liters) is the best way to start.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Hello Aces3000, I’m T2SarahConnor Ambassador for the Adventurer’s.

Welcome to the Rebellion! Your goals look great. I get you with setting goals to high then quitting. Story of my life! NF has been the only thing I have stuck with. The support here is outstanding.

If you’re interested in finding more tips, stories, and motivation from Adventurers that have similar goals to yours head on over to the Adventurer’s Tavern where you’ll find people always willing to chat. If you’d like to talk to me you can either check out my current challenge ( link in my Signature) or pm me on the board. If you have any questions on how to use the forums, check out this tutorial.http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/50975-how-to-pm-and-follow/ I’ll be following your topic here as well so you’ll probably see me again anyway. I will be posting a link to accountabuddies group once it is up and hopefully you will join me!

Good Luck!

Life Quest - I'm currently considering a change in career. I'm going to schedule one meeting per week with professionals who work in fields that interest me. Thankfully, I have a great network so should be able to see progress in this area.

Me too!   Good luck with this and all your goals!

Awesome goals! Most people jump in too fast and get discouraged so easily. I like your approach to kind of ease into everything and not dive in head first.

Sounds like a pretty awesome plan! Following your thread to see how you progress!

Welcome Aces, I think you're going to do fantastically.  Just remember that it takes a while for results to show so please don't get discouraged if you don't see what you want immediately.  just keep going :D

You might notice i have added an Adventurers tag to your thread.  This isn't to pigeonhole you into a guild, but rather to catch the attention of one of their ambassadors who might be able to assist you, mentor you and offer you some advice during the course of your challenge because of your quests being very similar to what they focus on.  You are also of course welcome to visit their Tavern (T2SarahConnor has already introduced herself) and introduce yourself or ask any questions you might have. Don't feel like you can't ask me too - that's what i'm here for.

Good luck

AB xx

Getting excited for Monday. My homework for the weekend is to make some decisions about what to eat for breakfast and go to the store.

I did do the beginner body weight workout yesterday. It was pretty difficult but I made it through three circuits. Did reduce the reps.

Getting excited for Monday. My homework for the weekend is to make some decisions about what to eat for breakfast and go to the store.

I eat a (mostly) strict paleo diet. For breakfast I'd recommend having a hard boiled egg and some bell pepper, or maybe a scramble with whatever sort of veggies you like in it.

Eggs are an awesome way to stick with familiar, conventional breakfast foods while remaining paleo.

I eat a (mostly) strict paleo diet. For breakfast I'd recommend having a hard boiled egg and some bell pepper, or maybe a scramble with whatever sort of veggies you like in it.

Eggs are an awesome way to stick with familiar, conventional breakfast foods while remaining paleo.

I don't even eat paleo and egg scramble with veggies is what I gravitate to probably 13 out of 14 days. I am not paleo, so today is waffles.  :redface:

Don't mean to steal Anaticula's thunder from her introduction thread (thank you again for sharing it, @Anaticula), but apparently there's a way you can track your progress toward going fully Paleo. Here's the direct quote from there.

T2SarahConner, It's one of the posts at the Nerd Fitness Academy, https://academy.nerdfitness.com/level-up/nutrition/diet-level-up/ He explains everything in great detail there, but here are the basics on what you have to do to move to the next level:

Level 1: Track everything you eat honestly for a week. Once you've done this move to Level 2. I've just finished this.

Level 2: Minimize liquid calories. Two weeks drinking less calories.  This is where I'm at now and it's difficult.  I cut out soda two weeks ago and only had one drink of coke sense then (I was at a party and drank it before thinking). But I love orange juice and smoothies, so I'm focusing on cutting them out now.

Level 3: No more grains at breakfast for two weeks. Not a problem for me as I don't do this anyways. Will skip to level 4.

Level 4: Vegetable with lunch or dinner 10 days out of two weeks.

Level 5: No pasta or bread 12 of 14 days, vegetables with lunch and dinner.

Level 6: Vegetable with every meal, no bread or pasta at all for two weeks.

Level 7: No legumes or dairy 12 of 14 days. 

Level 8: 12 of 14 days with no rice.  This will be really difficult as I live in Louisiana and we eat everything with rice. 

Level 9: Body fat less than 18%. Not going to happen any time soon as I'm currently at 48%

Level 10: No fruit and sweet potatoes only while training.

Giving each level the two weeks (except for level 3, as I don't have grains for breakfast anyways) I should be able to finish level 5 and start level six at the end of the challenge.  I'll need to change my scoring for that quest. 

Hope this helps, and hope the rest of your challenge goes well!
~Neria
  • Like 2

Great goals!  I'm not sure what line of work you are in, but I find sometimes it's nice to use lunch time to get in a portion of a walk, or a few extra minutes here and there.

One of my favorite breakfasts to make (and you can make a week's worth at once!) are egg cups!   Pick some favorite veggies, add them to a cupcake tin, crack an egg in each cup and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes! (make sure you spray the tin).  Then you have 12 egg cups for the week and I tend to eat 2 for breakfast when I make them. 

Good luck with trying out Paleo! I am trying this myself a bit, so if you find something you really like, please share! 

• Like 2

Great goals - I'm tired of having no energy too, so maybe we can support each other with that. 

Best wishes on your goals, from a fellow Red Pill! I look forward to seeing your progress! :tickled_pink: 

• Like 1

Day 1 - Monday morning. Two hard boiled eggs for breakfast.

I came down with a terrible cold over the weekend. Feel really terrible, so I am not going to jump in with the body weight circuit today. I'll take a walk instead.

• Like 1

love your life quest.

what career are you thinking of moving in to?

Possibly institutional investment sales. I'm in financial services now on the retail side and wouldn't mind a change of scenery there. I'm also leaving the business entirely. I'm looking into real estate. 

Great Job with breakfast this morning. Sorry you feel bad. Hope you feel better! The walk will do you good.

When I started Paleo, I just tried to do breakfast and lunch 100% then minimum amount of non Paleo at dinner. Worked for me. I dropped 7 lbs I think the first challenge.

My go to breakfast I make on Sunday then I have for the week. At least 4 days depending on how hungry I am.

9x9 pan greased. Oven 350

In the bottom I put what ever cooked breakfast meat I choose ( sausage, bacon, ham), add some veggies on top of that ( kale, hot peppers, sweet peppers, onion ) a little cheese ( I know not truly Paleo but I am okay with cheese in moderation and only sprinkle) then

In a bowl I mix 8-9 eggs, add a little water( 2 T?) and dump that on top of the other stuff. Bake till done.

Ham, onion and Kale is my favorite!

• Like 1

Great goals - I'm tired of having no energy too, so maybe we can support each other with that. 

Definitely! I think the best thing is to just start. I've been walking 10-20 minutes every day for the past week and am already noticing a difference.

• Like 1

Looks like you've set yourself some good goals.  Good luck in particular with your life quest! Finding a career you love makes all the difference in how you feel each day.

Day 1 recap:

I did eat Paleo for breakfast yesterday as previously mentioned. Also did go for a 25 minute walk in my neighborhood. Today will also do a walk for my exercise.

I mentioned yesterday that I am not feeling 100%. I have the worst cold that I can remember. Had to cancel my appointments for the day. I will get out for a walk though - probably to the drugstore. :-)

Also, am making progress on the life goal of changing careers. I have an informational interview with a firm tomorrow. It's in my industry, but they take a different approach so it's worth learning about. I am also considering getting my real estate license. It's something I've always been interested in. Have a meeting tomorrow with a broker.

Lots of great things happening. I definitely appreciate being part of this community. Going to have breakfast now and look over everyone's posts.

• Like 1