Vector 5.0: Infecting the Host Organism

Vector

Recap: 

Did really well, especially coming out of the back spazz. Got my strength work in, noticed the lunar cycle issue, and actually paid attention to it. I've totally shifted my workout, as usual, to focus on three things:

1) bombproof the low back. Realized I have not been programming to overcome the weak points, so they stay weak and keep failing. No more!

2) overall posterior chain focus (see above). Deadlifts, RDL's, pull ups, barbell & ring rows make up the majority of the work. Starting light on all of these, treating it as an accumulation & hypertrophy period...actually, viewing the whole shebang that way. More on that later!

3) best 'bang for buck' pressing work. I've always been strong at dips, and used to be a decent presser. The pushups & pike pushups have been doing good shit for me, so they are in as the assistance press work.

Working on a 4-6x5-8 on the main movements, and 2-4x8-12 on the accessories. Started with very low weights & will progress as slow as I can. Added in 35grams of protein to the diet via ON Natural Whey. Immediate improvement in mood, that's for sure, so now I am hitting right at 200gm a day.

Read: Base Building by Paul Carter (sort of an ideological adjunct to Easy Strength by Dan John & Pavel, in an attempt to get me to back the fuck down into working mainly in the 75%-80% range), Oryx & Crake by Margaret Atwood (awesome!), and started The Dog Stars by Peter Heller (which is a fantastic end of the world book so far, full of heart. On it's way to being my favorite doom book, up there with Into The Forest by Jean Hegland). 

Played: A ton of guitar, got one decent track recorded. Need to find out if they still make my fav reverb plug in, Resonance.

"all in all, a pretty good day"

• Like 1
Strength 9/5/2014

Walk, waiters walk, DROM

DL 100/120/140/160180x5

Dips 10/10/10/8

RDL 140x8, 120x10

Push Up 12/12

Ring Row 12/12

Farmers 44/53 x2

Very good, wasn't sure how it would go as I had a bit of a knot in my upper back, but it was fine. Major upper body pump from this workout, which is amusing!

Weekly recap:

Great week. One of those '4 sessions in a week' weeks you get when train every other day. Yesterday made it clear that I will have to watch & see if I should go to 3x week, as it was a rough grind.

Played a ton of guitar, read a lot, meditated some. Getting back into disciplined mode after a crash & burn when I hurt my back, maybe before then. Looking at some things on reddit I came across this: 

http://www.reddit.com/r/getdisciplined/comments/2dd7yh/advice_peacehs_guide_to_becoming_disciplined/

Which while not in any way (nor is it trying to be) comprehensive, is a very nice write up that could be very useful to some folks, as the topic of habits & discipline comes up a lot here. 

My wife has been gone for almost a week now, and as always when she leaves I have watched a lot of fights. Jon Jones & Ronda Rousey have the best attitudes! I also enjoyed Shinobi: Heart Under Blade as well. Soon it's back to the normal netflix programming, when she's gone it's all martial arts in one form or another!

Toys! The UPS lady brought toys!

Rogue Cannonball grips & MWOD Gemini...all very nice. The Gemini seemed wildly expensive, and it is, but it is really the perfect peanut. Tracks beautifully, glad I pressed play. The 'balls are awesome! There's a lot of crazy play to be done with them! They work great on the ring straps...
  • Like 1

Toys! The UPS lady brought toys!

Rogue Cannonball grips & MWOD Gemini...all very nice. The Gemini seemed wildly expensive, and it is, but it is really the perfect peanut. Tracks beautifully, glad I pressed play. The 'balls are awesome! There's a lot of crazy play to be done with them! They work great on the ring straps...

So you put the kettlebells on the ring straps and hold on to the smaller ball? Like ... extreme poi? :lol:

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines