Asa Pond - Rotten at the Core, Uprooting the Sleepers

Asa Pond

Yesterday, I knew I needed to ease myself into working out again after three days of break and a half-assed week thanks to nausea, so I did only a short yoga session and told myself that it was a start. Today I then managed to get myself to the gym without any trouble. :) I'd say easing into it is the way to go.

• Like 1

Level 4 Half-Elf Assassin

(that dabbles with the scouts)

Tumblr | Blog | Epic quest

"There is no such thing as perfection. The world itself is imperfect; that's what makes it so beautiful."

I like prasara yoga video's from Scott Sonnon or Ido Portal for inspiration. They make me want to move. And I do like you said, start by telling myself do at least 10 minutes, then I usually just figure I might as well keep going.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

The best thing for me is to get moving, just a tiny bit. After getting off my butt (maybe being inspired by a video or guilt), a high energy song helps me keep going.

Can't Hold Us by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (upbeat rap) or Ain't Nothing Wrong With That by Robert Randolph & the Family Band (Dancy R&B) might be a good place to start.

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

Level: 6

STR 10 | DEX 10 | STA 7.5 | CON 13 | WIS 16.5 | CHA 12.5

Ch. 1 Ch. 2 Ch. 3 | Ch. 4| Ch. 5| Ch. 6Ch. 7Ch. 8

RPG Fanatics

"Make a fray of your own." - E.O. Wilson, Advice to Young Scientists

Or, if want an oldie but goodie, check out Sing, Sing, Sing by the Benny Goodman Orchestra (super dancy big band). The track is approx. 11 min long depending on what version you find. It can play while you get ready and cover the first bit of your run/walk.

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

I hope recovery is going well, Agent Pond!

• Like 1

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Hey guys! Thanks for sticking with me!

Finally got a quick bodyweight workout in last night. Nothing super, but better than nothing.

Additionally, I have been kicked out of my house for the next couple of weeks so this week I am staying at a friends in an area of town I am not familiar with and therefore means no runs (wouldn't want a Hydra agent to find me while I'm not paying attention because I'm lost) and then next week I am on vacation.

This whole challenge is just one big interrupted mess but I'll try and stay with it! Keep me on track guys!

• Like 1

Fallaces sunt rerum species et hominum spes fallunt.

Additionally, I have been kicked out of my house for the next couple of weeks so this week I am staying at a friends in an area of town I am not familiar with and therefore means no runs (wouldn't want a Hydra agent to find me while I'm not paying attention because I'm lost) and then next week I am on vacation.

Ah! Is everything okay? *hugs* 

You are welcome to my very comfy couch, but I don't know what part of the country you're in...

Great job getting in a body weight work out. The hardest part is getting started again; momentum and all that jazz.

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Ah! Is everything okay? *hugs* 

You are welcome to my very comfy couch, but I don't know what part of the country you're in...

Great job getting in a body weight work out. The hardest part is getting started again; momentum and all that jazz.

Yes! It is. Should clarify - I've been kicked out due to cleaning. My university owns my house, so they are in control of that kind of stuff and we really have no say in it.

Thanks for the offer! But I only have two more nights on the floor and then I am off on a vacation with my mother and nephew!

It really is. Too bad you can't buy motivation.

Fallaces sunt rerum species et hominum spes fallunt.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines