NightWatcher's second challenge : In the end, there can be only 1

"NightWatcher, are you ready to give up yet?" Nedra's sword clanged against the chain on NightWatcher's throat holding her back. Nedra's eyes were wild with the joy of watching her nemesis, once proud and strong, hobbled to a wall. "I've taken away everything you could possibly want - your freedom even is now mine! And soon, your strength will be mine too." She lowered the sword and smirked. "Not just yet though - I've got something... special... in mind for you."

NightWatcher said nothing, only glared back - she may be down, but she refused to be broken. And as Nedra walked out of the cell laughing, the immortal allowed a wild grin to cross her face - Nedra didn't realize that while she'd had the sword up to NightWatcher's throat, her keys had disappeared from her pocket. 

highlander_2.jpg

I'm hating this battle inside me between me and myself. And even worse - I'm not liking the side that's been winning most of the battles.

The one side is absolutely gung-ho, will put her head down, haul tail and get to work. She will pull out all the stops, eat the foods she's supposed to be eating and stop procrastinating. She's also the side that's been fighting the uphill battle to keep me organized. (And dang it, she's done an awesome job so far  :encouragement: )

The other side is very much the opposite - I mean, do I really have to do that yoga now, or can it wait? Oh darn, we waited, and now it's too late - better plan for it tomorrow. Rinse, lather & friggin repeat. And why do you want to put the laundry away now, it can wait till the morning? (If you've ever read The Oatmeal, she's the Blerch) And she's been ruining the other one's life for quite a while.

BUT!!! Even though the dark side has been winning so far for a long time, the other side of me has a distinct advantage - while the lazy side sleeps like a dragon on her gold, the training side is getting pissed - and she's the one who'll train when it comes down to the fight.

Because as we all know, in the end...

highlander.jpg.png

And at the end of this fight, someone's going to loose her head.

GOALS

Main Quest: Organization - When I'm organized, things just go so much better - problem is, keeping myself organized takes work that I would rather not do. So all of my goals are going to be out of this - even my fitness ones. I hope I do lose some more of the weight obviously, but right now that's a distant second compared to making sure I get myself on the ball.

SQ1 - Make it to workout times!!! If it's scheduled and something else useful isn't covering it, get out the bloody mat, or the weapons, or go to the park! Quit letting the ADHD side take over, and focus on action. If something important DOES get scheduled over it, move the workout so it still gets done.

Grades out of 5/week, 6 is a bonus. 7 is right out though and will not be tolerated - other than easy biking. And this go-round, biking to work and home is not  a workout! +2 STR, +3 DEX, +2 STA

SQ2 - The room has to stay both organized, and clean. Bed has to be made daily (even if it's after work), clothes have to be off the floor, shelves have to stay neat. Grades out of 7/week. Reward : 1 Highlander tee-shirt.

SQ3 - Meditation - It's been pointed out to me that I've been under a ton of stress, and said stress *might* be aggravating the physical issue I have in my lower back and draining my energy faster, so I need to do something to alleviate the stress and focus my mind. This will also help with the organization as it does focus the mind, and forces me to take specific time, everyday, to sit down and do - NOTHING! No distractions, no work, no - hey look, a butterfly! Wait, what was I saying? ;)

Grades out of 7/week. +3 CON.+2 WIS

Life Quest - Read. At least 1 book a week. Use reading as your wind-down before going to bed. Grades out of 1/week, with 2 bonuses allowed. +3 CHA

I don't have an actual diet quest this time, but will be trying to keep the organization I set down at the end of last challenge to deal with it - I already have 2 weeks worth of chicken, beef and salmon separated out and frozen, along with recipes and a crap-ton of veggies.

The dark side is VERY good at getting me to do absolutely nothing, and then freaks me out about all the potential outcomes.

The other side is good at saying "I want this outcome - let's work to make it happen." So now, it's time to make this happen.

• Like 9

Current Challenge: Installing, Please Wait

Last Challenge :NW13 - System Failure, Please Reboot

Previous Challenges: 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

In to watch Good defeat Evil!!

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Oh do I know that 2 headed monster well. I can completely empathize with fighting yourself to get work done, workout, keep your area clean, not let the mind wander... etc.

I'm working on a very strict organization goal too. Hopefully we both (all four of us?) make it out alive!

I'm subbing to hopefully keep myself motivated on this organization goal too!

Let's tear this challenge up, NightWatcher!

• Like 1

Fallaces sunt rerum species et hominum spes fallunt.

Yeah, I feel ya. The Blerch is a problem for me as well. I completely understand your struggle, especially with room organization...it looks like a mine exploded in my room right now. And it totally does leech your productivity! I'll be stalking you to see how you do :)

• Like 1

Level 2 Human Assassin

STR 4| DEX 0| STA 5CON 4| WIS 4| CHA 1

My battlelog

Challenge: 1, 2, 3, 4, Current

In to watch Good defeat Evil!!

Oh do I know that 2 headed monster well. I can completely empathize with fighting yourself to get work done, workout, keep your area clean, not let the mind wander... etc.

I'm working on a very strict organization goal too. Hopefully we both (all four of us?) make it out alive!

I'm subbing to hopefully keep myself motivated on this organization goal too!

Let's tear this challenge up, NightWatcher!

LET'S DO IT!!! And I'll be following you too :) And I'm hoping only 2 of us make it out alive - I don't wanna deal with Nedra's ugly mug anymore.

Yeah, I feel ya. The Blerch is a problem for me as well. I completely understand your struggle, especially with room organization...it looks like a mine exploded in my room right now. And it totally does leech your productivity! I'll be stalking you to see how you do :)

Eep! I has stalker >.> 

kali9873a.jpg

Hai dere!! 

• Like 1

I'll be following you as well :). I love your goals, they are very similar to some of my points to improve. Even though I'm almost the opposite of ADHD (I can focus, I'm very structured), I totally understand the dark side. Sometimes I just don't want to get up, and only annoying timers at the other side of the room are the only thing that get me moving. 

What kind of exercise are you going to do? It helps to plan that on beforehand, since planning the exercise is also a step that can stop you from actually doing it ;).

Good luck and have fun!

• Like 1

I'll be following you as well :). I love your goals, they are very similar to some of my points to improve. Even though I'm almost the opposite of ADHD (I can focus, I'm very structured), I totally understand the dark side. Sometimes I just don't want to get up, and only annoying timers at the other side of the room are the only thing that get me moving. 

What kind of exercise are you going to do? It helps to plan that on beforehand, since planning the exercise is also a step that can stop you from actually doing it ;).

Good luck and have fun!

Much fun shall be had! Great to have you along :D

Biking, yoga, bodyweight and beginner parkour are what I plan to use - though I need to take a leaf out of some other books here and make an excel sheet with my workouts planned, plotted and otherwise thought out so I don't have that issue.

• Like 1

OoooOOOooo inner battle... AND SWORDS!

I have the same problem of keeping organized and getting stuff done. It is a momentum thing. Once you stop moving Blerch pulls you down!

Lots of cleaning and tidy goals this round. I should do the same. I am currently thinking of the horrifying state of dish mountain... ulgh... it is never ending really.

BEST OF LUCK :)

• Like 3

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

OoooOOOooo inner battle... AND SWORDS!

I have the same problem of keeping organized and getting stuff done. It is a momentum thing. Once you stop moving Blerch pulls you down!

Lots of cleaning and tidy goals this round. I should do the same. I am currently thinking of the horrifying state of dish mountain... ulgh... it is never ending really.

BEST OF LUCK :)

Yes - cause swords rule!!! :D

I didn't put it in the challenge, but I know on my hard-to-motivate days I need to start blaring my beat-up-all-the-things playlist, not 'cause I'm a violent person but because the Blerch is relentless, and music is just so epicly  helpful :)

And thanks!

Highlander, awesome! I haven't seen that movie for years and years, gotta dig that out! 

Mmm, this is a struggle I used to go through too. This post from Steve helped but mainly getting up 30 mins earlier and doing a bodyweight workout at home was what got me started. There really was no excuse why I couldn't do that. 

Good luck with the challenge! 

• Like 2

Endor, LVL 40 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

60 days to 5k (July-Sep 2021)

KILL THE BLERCH!

PUBLIC ENEMY #1:

tile_Screen_Shot_2014-03-20_at_3.15.35_P

Wanted: Dead. Preferably beheaded.

It's awesome that you have that playlist, I can imagine it gives you the energy boost you need to get up and DO something, even if it's just kicking around :). You have so many different workout types, I love it!

Yea... I need to vary it up, or I get very bored very quickly. But keeping it fresh makes me look forward to the different things I have planned :D And the music just makes it even more epic.

Highlander, awesome! I haven't seen that movie for years and years, gotta dig that out! 

Mmm, this is a struggle I used to go through too. This post from Steve helped but mainly getting up 30 mins earlier and doing a bodyweight workout at home was what got me started. There really was no excuse why I couldn't do that. 

Good luck with the challenge! 

It's about time for me to rewatch Highlander too; I grew up with it :) That post is one I need to reread like once a week - thanks for linking it on here!!

And wow, challenge officially starts tomorrow - time to get that excel sheet made with workouts sorted etc. I'll stick it up here when I'm done writing it out :)

• Like 2

NightWatcher undid her chains and snuck quietly over to the bars that made her door. She stood quietly for a minute, waiting and listening. She heard nothing except soft movements from the cell next to hers. Reaching out through the bars quietly, she slipped the key into the lock and turned. The door swung out with a squeak that made NightWatcher cringe.She stood and listened again, then eased her way into the hallway. Moving as quickly as she dared, she came to the stairs - then heard voices above her. 2 guards sounded like they were bored on shift, and one had certainly had more wine than he should have had. She trotted up the stairs and looked around the corner - they were sitting at a table with their backs to her. Nightwatcher walked up behind them, slipped the sword out of one of their sheaths, and gave each guard a swift blow to the back of the head. They slumped onto the table, unconscious.

Glad to be armed, NightWatcher made a break for the door to get out of the stronghold. She slammed into the door at the same time she heard Nedra cry out. "HOW DID SHE GET OUT!!!! GET HER!" NightWatcher turned the latch and bolted for the woods, hearing footsteps and shouts behind her. Someone shot at her and and arrow went through her side, but she made it to the forest and managed to find a river to hide her tracks. Finding a tree growing over the bank, she took shelter under its roots for the night. She pulled the arrow out, set the sword within arms-reach and lay down. Her wound would heal, she would bet stronger, and she would face Nedra another day - this time on equal ground.

1885612-highlander_re_imagining.jpg

Nedra, for all her planning, was NOT expecting a jailbreak ;) So now that I've fought my way out of her keep, she's still there - with other captives, and still dogging my every move. But even injured, I have advantages - and injuries are healing (YAY!!!) - just maybe not as quickly as an immortal. The easy part is over - getting out of the stronghold. Getting back in, I expect, will be much harder.

Ok, so here's the schedule I have set up so far for exercises - only have the 1st 2 weeks filled out, mostly 'cause I want to be able to judge how they go so I know how much stuff to add in when etc. Anyways, challenge picks back up tomorrow, and thanks to injury I've taken most of the break-week off *sigh* BUT last challenge did go fairly well and I saw a lot of improvement, so aiming for an A or a B this go-round.

Time to clean the room for the start of the challenge and add in a schedule slot for meditation - will probably only be able to start with a few minutes but it should help a lot. First book of the challenge is A Game of Thrones.

Ready, set, go!

• Like 6

Completely forgot to add into my schedule that today was the last moving day for my church. *headdesk* So the yoga and BWW didn't get done like they were supposed to, but I did use my bike for my exclusive transportation today - to the tune of 10 miles!!!

So not quite what I wanted for today, but will improve that tomorrow (workouts will be done BEFORE cohort meet-up at 6) and something significant was accomplished - I moved stuff, which was a bit of an almost-weight workout, and got some nice miles in today. (Food sucked - forgot breakfast so had 2 microwave mini-meals for lunch and had an orange crush, eating real food for dinner - ginger/soy chicken veggie stirfry. Ciara - basically same recipe as the other day, but added an egg with the rice and stirred more so it mixed in. No carrots cause I don't need the sugar this late.)

Ok, so - actual goal measurements.

- Physical organization - gimme a sec here: alright, bed's made. The fact that I'm crawling into it shortly is irrelevant. *glares at clothes* those will be off the floor as soon as the food's gone.

- Mental/time organization - crap, I was supposed to meditate... whups. Calendar marked for tomorrow at 3:45; enough time for me to get home and changed - and meditating right before a workout sounds wonderful. Workout today was also off, but did happen sorta? Didn't get the actual planned workout done, but the bike ride was good and involved some trail and hill riding, and a LOT of speed - I wasn't too far behind the cars getting from one place to another with the move. My schedule itself went kinda crazy - but was mostly my fault for dawdling after work instead of doing my workout. 

- Reading - Made it to p 23 last night, once clothes are off the floor and food is gone I'm gonna hop in bed and read before I actually sleep - just got home about half an hour ago, so body's still kinda revved up.

Sorry, no Nedra/NW tonight, NW's still trying to hide and heal methinks >.> Plus Nedra's out and about and being a b**** right now, grr.

On a side and completely unrelated note, I'm almost done with the body of the Totoro deckbox!!! Hoping to finish it tomorrow, may still have detail work left for Wed but hopefully not much.

• Like 7

I love your schedule, it is clear and accomplishable :). Your parkour progress is much more optimistic than mine, but at the same time, I'm extremely conservative with that kind of things. Just make sure you won't get injured though ;).

Biking 10 miles is a decent cardio workout, assuming you did it in less than an hour in total. I love my bike for transportation for 2-10km trips: it is reasonably fast and you're very flexible. I think you're too harsh on yourself for your food. A stirfry is a tasty and nutritious dinner, so at least half of your food was good ;). I agree that you can improve your breakfast and lunch, but try too look at it from the positive side.

• Like 1

I love your schedule, it is clear and accomplishable :). Your parkour progress is much more optimistic than mine, but at the same time, I'm extremely conservative with that kind of things. Just make sure you won't get injured though ;).

Biking 10 miles is a decent cardio workout, assuming you did it in less than an hour in total. I love my bike for transportation for 2-10km trips: it is reasonably fast and you're very flexible. I think you're too harsh on yourself for your food. A stirfry is a tasty and nutritious dinner, so at least half of your food was good ;). I agree that you can improve your breakfast and lunch, but try too look at it from the positive side.

Coulda been worse, coulda been McD's... :tongue:

Well, there WAS some Taco Bell involved lol ^^; Definitely working on not dying - injuries suck, and I really don't want to have another week off of training. Not fun.

The stir fry was both nutritious AND amazing, yes. Will do a beef one tomorrow night - tonight's a group dinner ;)

• Like 1

*pops head above water* Sorry, I think I as down there for a while, guess I missed the start of your challenge.

I'm really liking your goals, and Highlander...YES!!!! Your book reading quest is pretty epic. Looking forward to seeing you dominate this challenge.

Oh and I checked out your playlist, and there are some awesome tracks on there, including a few of my favourite workout tracks.

And lastly "I am Connor Macleod of the clan Macleod, and I cannot die!" - Just had to get that out there.

• Like 1

Level: 3 - Wood Elf - Wanderer

STR: 0 | DEX: 5 | STA: 11 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 2

Challenges: 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | Current

"Quit...don't quit...noodles...don't noodles. You are too concerned with what was, and what will be"

- Master Oogway

I'm in agreement with Greenleaf, this is a cool challenge! I like me some Highlander...especially the animated movie with Colin Macleod. One of my top 5 favorite anime's!

The battle within is a strong battle...sometime endless, but recognizing the evil and wanting to behead it is quite swanky! I'll be on the sidelines with popcorn and an icee cheering you on!

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

So the yoga and BWW didn't get done like they were supposed to, but I did use my bike for my exclusive transportation today - to the tune of 10 miles!!!

10 mile ride is solid yo! well done :)

• Like 1

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines