Ladylydia Goes Zen

ladylydia

Two (measurable) miles  yesterday.  I went to a town festival so I'm not sure how much I actually walked around. I do know that by the time I got done with my usual shopping and got home, my hams and calves were killing me.  I worked my quads the day before so I'm not sure what happened there.  I'm glad I reduced my weight days down to only two lifts, because in the past I did the plan from women's academy  dumbbells in in one run and would take me all week to recover. It's working much better just focusing on two lifts at a time, I can actually move the next day.  

Food:

This one's iffy, I did eat down at the fair. I actually ate fairly healthy (for fair food) having a bison burger and some ice cream.  I avoided all the fried things, but I did buy kettle corn. I did ok until I came home and had some panna cotta.  

salad and apple for breakfast-200

ice cream- 400

bison burger-300

bison jerky-100

candy and apple-100

popcorn-200

Asian chicken and vegetables-300

macchiato panna cotta-400

=2000

Level 19 Ranger Monk 

Str- 10, Dex-8, Sta-7, Con-11, Wis-78, Cha-43

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

Has a bit more time so:

12 min interval run today- 4 rounds: walk/jog/ run

weights: RDLs and bench

RDLs: misread my previous score and went up by 50 lbs on my starting set. But I felt fine so I just went with it.

3x3 @110 lbs

3x3 @ 120 lbs

3x3 @ 130 lbs. (5 on last set)

Bench:

3x3@ 60 lbs

3x3 @70 lbs

3x3 @ 80 lbs (4 on last set)

tabata abs:

hanging knee tucks-20

side v- crunch R-25

side v-crunch L -29

lotus/plank

Yoga

I love only doing two Wendler style lifts instead of everything I can think of,  I can still walk afterwards.  I'm not used to leaving the gym without being completely worn out, but I'm getting better results even only one week in by not killing myself.  It definitely gives me an idea for the next challenge.

Level 19 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Oh right, food:

Leftover stir fry and smoothie for breakfast-600

fruit and cheese this afternoon- 400

leftover chicken and broccoli for dinner-400

white chocolate and cranberries for dessert-400

=1800

I made the famed "engagement chicken" yesterday, I'm not sure what the fuss was about, but then I'm not a guy. However, I am totally jonesing for ice cream and have no time to make it. I've been meaning to make yogurt for a week and haven't had time for that either.

Level 19 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

I am inclined to not grade myself for this challenge, nor update my points.  I'm not super happy with my progress.  I knew the past six weeks were going to be crazy and hectic and so I gave myself extremely simple goals to follow:

1. full body workout 3-5x a week ........met some weeks

2. kata practice every day.........failed miserably after week three

3. mindful eating, low sweets, 14-1800 a day...... I had a few pitfalls but besides fighting nearly constant dehydration, sort of managed this.

Not part of my goals, but I stopped the PLP after a while.

I did much better then I feared/expected, but no where as well as I hoped. In terms of the point of my goals, keeping me grounded and centered as my life spun out of control between the end of summer and the start of fall, I think I did a good job of maintaining health and mentality. I was not consistent on any goal, I after a few weeks, I completely failed goal two.  However,  every one of my goals were for the purpose of keeping my mindful, holistic, and centered, whether I met the parameters of the goal or not, I met the intent.  

In short, I have no idea how to rate my progress for this challenge.  What I do know is what I want to do for the next challenge.  

Level 19 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines