The Amazing SpideyStrength #2: Drop and Give Me 20!

Greetings, fellow Adventurers! I look forward to levelling up with you all!

My main quest is to become stronger and improve my diet. I am satisfied with the shape of my body, so I'm not aiming to lose weight.

First, I aim to work out 4-5 times a week. This will include three gym days lifting weights and two/three days running or bodyweight training. Unfortunately, this summer I am living in a town with very few gyms, and none with free weights. :/ all yoga or Zumba classes, which are fine, but not conducive to my goals. So I'll probably just do more reps of the weights I am now stuck with, as I cannot increase beyond 100 pounds. I am willing to allot 3 str pts, 3 dex pts, and 3 sta pts for this area.

Second, I am trying to reduce/cut vegetable, corn, safflower, and canola oils and most sugars from my diet. These things are evil. I am reading the labels on everything, and working on strengthening my willpower to avoid things with these ingredients. It should be easier now since this was also part of my last challenge. I am willing to allot 3 con pts for this.

Third, I really want to be able to 'drop and give you 20'. My pushups are so weak, and I really want to work on that. So I'm going to do a few pushups each morning and night, and build up to 20 at one go! I'll earn an extra str pt for reaching this goal.

My Life Quest is to complete a Captain America cosplay. As much as I work, I don't have time to complete it in these 6 weeks, but I hope to make substantial progress on it. To measure this, I'm gonna say if I can make an update a week to my cosplay thread, I'll allot myself 2 cha points.

• Like 2

level 3 | super-human
str 8 | dex 4 | sta 8 | con 6.5 | wis 5 | cha 4

#1 #2 #3 #4

Hey i like the challenge, Ypu said your stuck on 100lbs, if you're struggling to get stronger why not drop the weight a bit and work back up to it, This can really shatter plateaus. Which lift is it btw? maybe i can suggest assistance work :).

Hey i like the challenge, Ypu said your stuck on 100lbs, if you're struggling to get stronger why not drop the weight a bit and work back up to it, This can really shatter plateaus. Which lift is it btw? maybe i can suggest assistance work :).

It's all of them. I'm not stuck physically; I just literally do not have any weights to add. I am out of weight to lift and none of the gyms in my town have free weights. It's a peculiar predicament [emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

level 3 | super-human

#1 #2 #3 #4

As I said on your previous thread, I am DEFINITELY following your new challenge. I mean Marvel and weights is just the perfect mix. :D 

That seems like quite a difficult obstacle but hopefully you'll find ways to still improve on your strength training!

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

It's all of them. I'm not stuck physically; I just literally do not have any weights to add. I am out of weight to lift and none of the gyms in my town have free weights. It's a peculiar predicament [emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah my mistake, that must be frustrating as hell, maybe look into some bodyweight strength stuff for progression?

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

First: Don't let there not being a gym be a big hindrance. There's always bodyweight stuff or you can even make stuff for cheap. My homegym:

20140126_195754_zps2c9778d8.jpg

Second: Keep in mind that there's 30 different terms for sugar. Sucralose, dextrose, etc. Eliminating the oils and such is awesome; the list of things is really huge.

Third: Pushups.  Ah, all I could do a year ago was a few measly wall-ups and I felt like a failure. Fast forward to today: 50 normal ones. The best way to build up with pushups is to do wallups, then incline pushups

And then drop the incline more and more until you get to the floor.  Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT do knee-pushups. It doesn't tighten the right muscles and doesn't help you make that jump into normal pushups.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me or post at the Tavern:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/50989-tavern-ask-questionschat/

Awesome that you wanna cosplay. I'd like to *attempt* Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones next year. 

Good luck and have fun! :P

• Like 2

First week summary:

I failed mission 2 quite miserably this week. I got laid off and my depressive instinct is to eat whatever I feel like whenever I feel like.

Mission 1 was pretty much impossible; I worked from 7 am to 9 pm every day last week (at least i got some overtime before they fired me. Over text!!) i did, however, do many pushup workouts and have done 20 incline pushups a day this week. I've moved to a lower incline, so I'm getting stronger!!

Since I've been laid off and yet am somehow much busier than before, I'm going to save most of my cosplay for when school starts. That life quest will still be updated, but im considering it on pseudo-hiatus until further notice. Too many things just keep getting in the way. Last challenge it was getting hit by a car and dealing with insurance (which I'm still dealing with), and this challenge it's getting fired from a job I loved for no reason (and over a text!) and the manager accusing me of harrassing my ex coworkers and threatening to press charges of trespass if I ever came back (also over a text), and the ensuing job hunt (none of which is helping my depression). I just feel like it's not supposed to become a reality.

On the bright side, my part time boss gave me a full time job after I was laid off at the other place.

level 3 | super-human

#1 #2 #3 #4

Oh no, I'm so sorry that you got fired. Also: HOW RUDE of them to do this over text! Thankfully you got to do overtime beforehand so you'll have a bit of money for a while. 

I'm sending you positive vibes for everything! You rock!

• Like 2

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Thank you for the kind words, everyone!

Except they didn't pay me for overtime, so now I have a suit for back pay (I also was never given a promised raise, ugh) in addition to the hassle of getting a new bike from the insurance company...gross. But my current employer is giving me 60+ hrs a week so it's just like having two jobs! Yay!

ANYWAY, I haven't been able to update in such a long time I can't even remember what day I'm on in the challenge, hehe.

WEEK 2 SUMMARY:

Check for working out every day!

I have successfully done 20 incline pushups every day! I have progressed from using my bedroom wall, the counter at work, to the back of a bench, to my dad's futon for an incline. I then plan to go to his low coffee table, then probably the floor.

I have also added handstands to my daily core workout. I only added these like four days ago, so I'll be against the wall for a long time. Handstands are so much harder than they look!

• Like 1

level 3 | super-human

#1 #2 #3 #4

LOOONG overdue update:

I failed this challenge. So many things in my life just went wrong and I used the craziness as an excuse to be lethargic and not do anything (I totally had even more free time to work out but I was so upset I told myself I didn't, so no excuses). I did stick with it for about the first half, and I can do 20 pushups in a row on my dad's futon, but other than that, I failed. I also completely forgot about my plan to change eating habits, so that went out the window as well.

Now that I'm back at school for the next nine months, I have sooo much more stability. I have collected many free gym trials and intend to find one I like, so my next challenge will be so much better, I know it.

level 3 | super-human

#1 #2 #3 #4

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines