Otter's Finding Balance

otter905

• Weird, pain during the workout, but not sore after? How long has it been? DOMS sometimes don't kick in right off. If you don't get sore, you may want to figure out what was hurting while you were working out. Make sure it's not joints or tendons, okay?  Thx!
  • Gardening. When do you like to do it? Mornings, evenings, whenever? Is it something planned in the day or does it wait to be fitted in?
  • Yoga sounds like it's working well, awesome!
  • Squash hash browns! gotta do that!

I hope your meeting went well.

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Great start, keep up the good work, and good luck with the bathroom! 

Thanks, I think it will go well

• Weird, pain during the workout, but not sore after? How long has it been? DOMS sometimes don't kick in right off. If you don't get sore, you may want to figure out what was hurting while you were working out. Make sure it's not joints or tendons, okay?  Thx!
  • Gardening. When do you like to do it? Mornings, evenings, whenever? Is it something planned in the day or does it wait to be fitted in?
  • Yoga sounds like it's working well, awesome!
  • Squash hash browns! gotta do that!

I hope your meeting went well.

It wasn't pain so much as muscle fatigue/ failure which is a good thing, but weird I wasn't sore because it felt like I was really pushing myself - will definitely keep an eye on it!!

Gardening - I need to start scheduling it in. definitely need to start scheduling it in.  Although with the bathroom I'm not sure it was the smartest of goals, but I will stick it out because I needs to be done.

Squash hash browns -so yummy I cook the the exact same way I would do potato hashbrowns.

So the meeting, It did go well.  I enjoyed it.  I do think that the meetings will not be a huge help, but the program might.  This means finding a sponsor and buying the books.  Which means going to more meetings and spending time with the sponsors and picking one and asking them to be my sponsor.  Then I will have to get the books and go through the steps -they say that takes about a year.  Reading all this sounds to me like I have made my decision, so this goal is pretty much done. 2/3 meetings attended and have decided I think this is for me. Finding a sponsor is the next step in this process. I don't think I will add it to this challenge as it will take some time to meet and get to know people and then muster up the courage to ask one of them to be my sponsor.

Food has been ok - paleo all day yesterday except for a couple of handfuls of combos and the day before except for the bbq - there weren't many healthy choices.  Kinda sucks considering they are offering help with food addictions but whatevs!!

Crazy busy this week at work haven't had time to post or read anyone's post - hoping to catch up on Saturday.  I'm sure you are all rocking your challenges, keep up the good work!!

• Like 1

My self-worth, beauty, strength, and overall awesomeness is not defined by numbers.

12STR  13.75CON  5STA  12WIS   14CHA  6DEX        1 fire flower

Current Challenge   #8  #7   #6  #5  Unofficial  #4  #3  #2

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it first."  -The Pirate Captian

One thing you can check with the muscle fatigue, but no soreness, is whether or not the area is tight or fatigued as a section of muscles. It might be that the muscles in the area picked up on the extra effort that the muscle couldn't handle and rushed to its defence, taking the heat! Muscles are pretty smart that way. You'll notice things that need to be ironed out. You're smart that way!

Sounds like this program is going to really be helpful. I like that they're not saying things like, 'fixed in 6 weeks.' If you want, you could report back to us on general feelings about the process as you get more into it? You could also talk about who some of your choices for a sponsor might be. Not graded probably, but still in the forefront where your challenges hang out!

Oh and... go get your hands dirty in the Earth!  :watermelon: 

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

One thing you can check with the muscle fatigue, but no soreness, is whether or not the area is tight or fatigued as a section of muscles. It might be that the muscles in the area picked up on the extra effort that the muscle couldn't handle and rushed to its defence, taking the heat! Muscles are pretty smart that way. You'll notice things that need to be ironed out. You're smart that way!

Sounds like this program is going to really be helpful. I like that they're not saying things like, 'fixed in 6 weeks.' If you want, you could report back to us on general feelings about the process as you get more into it? You could also talk about who some of your choices for a sponsor might be. Not graded probably, but still in the forefront where your challenges hang out!

Oh and... go get your hands dirty in the Earth!  :watermelon: 

The program does sound good.  I like the fact they were honest and upfront about it being a lengthy process.  They said a few times these things don't happen over night, you hear testimonies and it seems like a few days or maybe months, but these things can take years.  Also I have to work through the steps in my time with my sponsor (meeting 1hr a week for the entire process) so some things may take me longer and some shorter depending on what and how and when I'm ready to deal with certain things.  I also like the fact they stress making healthy relationships within the group, so if I falter/relapse there will always be a sponsor, accountability partners, friends from the group and the meetings to turn to.

I will definitely keep you guys informed in my process, I just figured I wouldn't change the goal in this challenge even though I seem to have found my answer in the 2nd week.  :nevreness:  Searching for the right sponsor may take a while

Sounds like things are going along fine. Squash hashbrowns?  That sounds good. What is it?

Yup - cube the squash - cut it in half, take the seeds out, peel it and cut it into cubes and cook it like potato hashbrowns.  I usually put a little garlic, onion powder, paprika and salt to taste - just a little paprika though, gives it a nice smoky kinda taste.  I have found I don't really like sweet things with my dinner and "hash brown" squash doesn't taste sweet.  I will also roast it - just like you would roast potoatos if I have my oven on already.

My self-worth, beauty, strength, and overall awesomeness is not defined by numbers.

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it first."  -The Pirate Captian

Weekly wrap up - yes I know it's a little early but I'm on vacation next week.

Yoga: 0/3

Gardening: 0/2 - hoping to do some this afternoon/evening while waiting to put the 2nd coat on my bathtub.

Celebrate Recovery: 2/3 for the challenge - and made a decision (I think)  lol - stupid indecisiveness - No I've made a decision (yikes) just need to find the right fit in a sponsor

Food: crap!!  I didn't have one full paleo day this week.  I'm still hovering around 210lbs which is down at least from 220, but this is not helping me get to where I want

Goals for the upcoming week, while I am on vacation

paint bathtub - today after work 

--go out to parents trailer and relax while tub dries

Tuesday

go to St. Jacob's market (It's an Amish Farmers Market - I go every year on my vacation with my parents)

Celebrate Recovery meeting or Movie at the Library 

Wednesday

take car for oil change 

air conditioner guy coming to fix my air conditioner 

strength training arms

gardening

put tile up in bathroom 

Thursday

strength training legs 

gardening

grout tile in bathroom and put up finishing pieces?

--go out to parents trailer while the rest of the tub dries 

get in 3 yoga sessions for the week to meet my challenge goals

eat as healthy as my surrounding allows 

get caught up on people's post - I got my email and facebook caught up today - now to get caught up on my fellow NFer's

• Like 1

I like that you set goals even though you'll be on vacation. Have fun!

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines