Smoke 18ck a Kipper, He'll Be Back For Breakfast

18ck

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Damn I didn't get in to wish you luck in time, but looks like you both had a blast despite a few mishaps so WOOT!!!

HappyCat

Race: Khajit Herder Class: Adventurer

HappyCat's Battle Log

Current Challenge: HappyCat Takes It Up A Notch 

Past Challenges: 1 2   

Accountablilibuddies:  Walking to Mordor and Back Again

Where else to find me: My Fitness Pal  Fitbit Habitica

My life is basically a whole pile of 'It seemed like a good idea at the time' thrown together

Hey, where did my post go?

Anyway, working all the hours day and night, but I've managed to make some time to get to the rowing club. On Tuesday I did a 5k ergo and today I actually managed to get down there in time for a short session on the river followed by some work in the weights room. 

Flyer is back at school today and it was her first day ever walking to school on her own. Oh, they grow up so fast!

The photographer at Spartan Race is being slow about releasing the pictures from Saturday but on the plus side, when they do eventually arrive they're free, so that's nice. Here I am flying the flag. I don't often wear the NF shirt to races, for reasons I've blathered on about at length before but it sort of felt right this time. The pictures from the fire jump aren't up yet. That's very much the money shot as far as I'm concerned.

SRLSp14MG03419-XL.jpg

• Like 4

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

The pictures from the fire jump aren't up yet. That's very much the money shot as far as I'm concerned.

Here it is at last. I look like an old man who has smelled a fart while trying to stamp out a small blaze on his hearth rug

SRLSp14TW02482-XL.jpg

• Like 4

Holy cow, that concentration!! You look like a beast, no two ways about it.

You're very kind, young lady.

That rug really tied the room together, too.

• Like 2

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

Clan: Mek'het   *   Covenant: Invictus

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.

An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

––G. K. Chesterton

That rug really tied the room together, too.

Hm, if I'd peed on it that would have made a very different picture.

Pure awesomeness.  Okay I almost spit my coffee laughing at your comment about how you looked jumping over the fire!!!

• Like 1

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

How high did you have to raise your foot to stomp out that fire? A little dramatic don't you think?

I like the wall picture too. Very focused!!

First time jumping over fire. I expected my shoes to be charred, I think.

• Like 1

I just wanted to drop in and say Thank you!  Congrats for finishing your Spartan race, and tell Flyer she's a pretty awesome kid!  I have followed you both throughout this challenge and I am in awe at the dedication I have seen.  I can only hope that my kids will be that awesome as they grow up!  

Thank you for all of the encouragement and kind words you left for me along the way.  Every little bit helped, and I have found more support than I could have ever dreamed of.  I am honored to be joining you in the Scouts guild!  @ChristArtist was pretty awesome for pointing me in your direction!  

Keep on being awesome, and keep on stomping out those rug fires!  ;)

• Like 1

Level 2 Half-Elf Ranger

STR - 2 | DEX - 3 | STA - 4 | CON - 7 | WIS - 5.5 | CHA - 0

Current Challenge

#1, #2TWburn (MFP), FitForMyTwins

Weight Loss Meter : Starting 184.7 lbs, Goal: 140

13.65%
13.65%

"Imagine with all your mind.  Believe with all your heart.  Achieve with all your might."

@18ck I'm really sad you're stepping down as the moderator. I think even when you're having off-weeks, or off-challenges, you do an amazing job. Anything we can do to convince you to keep the title?

I agree. I can't imagine anyone doing this better!! Even when you're busy, you do so much.

Thanks very much both of you. And of course you both do a heck of a lot too.

It has been fun but it's also quite demanding and I don't know how anyone can keep it up long-term. Since this latest flurry at work started I've just been feeling like it's one more thing to feel guilt about not doing so... well, y'know...

Pure awesomeness.  Okay I almost spit my coffee laughing at your comment about how you looked jumping over the fire!!!

:^)

I just wanted to drop in and say Thank you!  Congrats for finishing your Spartan race, and tell Flyer she's a pretty awesome kid!  I have followed you both throughout this challenge and I am in awe at the dedication I have seen.  I can only hope that my kids will be that awesome as they grow up!  

Thank you for all of the encouragement and kind words you left for me along the way.  Every little bit helped, and I have found more support than I could have ever dreamed of.  I am honored to be joining you in the Scouts guild!  @ChristArtist was pretty awesome for pointing me in your direction!  

Keep on being awesome, and keep on stomping out those rug fires!   ;)

Thanks for stopping by! You're a pretty amazing lady, TWBurn, and I'm glad to hear you're joining us in Scouts - you're going to be a hero of the rebellion, I can feel it! Your little 'uns look pretty vivaceous too and seem to have a high awesomeness potential. I've no doubt by the time they're Flyer's age that will have grown and developed into something quite spectacular - not that you'll need much convincing of that, of course, as their mum, but as an impartial observer, even I can see it!

Challenge wrap- up: Pretty hopeless

Spartan training
- Run twice a week at least (one long, one short) and preferably more (+1 Sta)
- Do the Batman/Krazy workout and fun gymnastics with my partner in Spartantude at least once a week (+2 Dex)
- Find somewhere I can practice climbing a rope and figure out how to get to the top of it at least once during the challenge* (+1 Dex)
- Refresh my working knowledge of a PK Roll and get to where I can do it from a standing start

Sculling prep
- Scull at least twice a week, with at least one of those being a single, and at least 5 mins of technical drills (+2 Dex - goal suspended while I'm away at the festival)
- Lift heavy things at least twice a week and preferably three. (+2 Str - goal suspended while I'm away at the festival)
- Finish reading "Starting Strength" and revisit my Sculling Training manual.
- Find out the procedure for signing up and take action on the steps (date in diary, renew ARA membership etc)

Life goals
- Steer a course through what is likely to be the most financially difficult period of our life together. That will mean careful planning, following the Hounslow Diet (basically, cheap food and not much of it), reviewing insurance and other outgoings, foregoing luxuries, maybe ebaying stuff, mugging old ladies, hanging around the docks selling my body to sailors... That sort of thing, you know. (+2 Wis)
Lose 6lb despite eating mostly toast Get back into my grey cargo shorts. They're horrible but they're the only trousery things I haven't yet shrunk into, I think, so they're a better gauge of progress than the scales. Then they can go to the Oxfam shop. This will require attention to detail, and also no booze (+2 Con - booze rule suspended while I'm away at the festival).
- Study Portuguese every day, with at least 4 of those being very solid sessions. The remainder can be podcast episodes or something relatively non-taxing like that. (+2 Cha - goal suspended while I'm away at the festival)
- Go to the optician
- Give blood, preferably not to a vampire kitten
- Cut down on weird mentalism such as randomly swearing, making faces and even on one memorable occasion slapping myself, especially in public, like a crazy person. I worked on this in one of my early challenges but I've noticed myself doing it more again lately (+1 Wis)

I hit the sculling one and did the Spartan training and weights OK but running has been a bit sparse, Portuguese very, very patchy, even in this last week when I ws supposed to boost it in the side-challenge. No surprise there - between the mortgage shit and the project frenzy I've had no free time at all. 

Several other small goals missed, and most disappointingly for me, I have gained quite a bit of weight so now I'm going to have to work it all off again aren't I. Bah!

I'll take 2 WIS for the finance effort, 2 STR for weights, 2 DEX for sculling and Spartan prep, but I think that's it 6 measley points and it doesn't even feel like a level up.

• Like 2

...and I didn't even have a big finish. i just worked most of the weekend, including most of last night (no sleep) and didn't do much fun stuff apart from a little bit of minecraft programming with Flyer. We made two nested loops and made a load of ice towers shoot up towards the sky, building a wall, while the chat window periodically flashed "Let it gooooo!" and that was quite fun but I missed culling, running, leaping about, and all my weekend stuff. Flyer had a really good challenge. She's been top assassin in my wholly unbiased opinion.

And now if you'll excuse me, my bed is calling me.

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines