tumblr_n9zzks6drK1rnfehgo1_500.jpg

I want to squeeze him

Week 2 Days 5-7 Update & Weekly Wrapup

Overarching Goal: Building A Better Bat

tl;dr version: continue on the 'changing my body for the better' track by building muscle and losing fat. 

Goal 1: Fitness - aka be capable enough to escape the Joker whenever

4-5 days per week; Spartan WODs + fitness-style yoga + be flexible when needed + pull-ups & handstand work if possible. 

Friday

Didn't quite get my steps in, though I think I got more than the FitBit reported. Walked to the grocery + dinner and back home. 

Saturday

Wandered my neighborhood, taking a circuitous route between coffee & brunch; then headed to Manhattan, where I got off the train at Park Place (because: Monopoly) to march up town on Broadway. Stopped a few places on the way and had a generally relaxing afternoon with my headphones & thoughts. 

Sunday

Wandered with the hubbs in adjacent neighborhoods and felt unmotivated to do pretty much anything but brunch and stroll. Came home, played Dominion, and watched some shows. 

Week 2 Wrapup: Success. I did my first round of acupuncture this week, which completely jacked my back/tailbone system up (it was hurting all weekend) but hopefully my chi has simmered back down for this week. Left leg still weaker than right, so I will not be going crazy this week, either. A for doing what I could and sticking to something. 

Goal 2: Metrics - aka Sciiiience! Like Poison Ivy? (go with it)

As a refresher, my metrics are: 100 grams or under of carbs, 70 grams or over of protein, under 100 grams of fat and around 1500 calories. Water is the recommended by FitBit 64 ounces, and on the weekends I like my step count to be over FitBit’s recommended 10,000. I track food with My Fitness Pal and exercise, sleep and water with the FitBit Flex. Weight and BF are tracked with my FitBit Aria scale. 

Friday

Breakfast: DH's green smoothie + hemp protein & coffee with almond milk + extra iced coffee with almond milk

Lunch: Leftover shredded zucchini with harissa, chicken & kale bowl thing

Snack: Cherry tomatoes/watermelon/feta/lime juice

Dinner: Crappy bunless bacon burger with a few sweet potato fries

Snack: Thai lime & chili cashews

Calories: 1,460

Carbs: 79

Fat: 74

Protein: 109

Sugar: 36

Whoo. More unreasonable fullness from watermelon. What is up with that? Totally worth it, though. 

Weight: 118.3 lbs. 

Calories In vs. Out: 1460 In vs 1505 Out

Sleep: 8 hours & 40 minutes - awake 0x, restless 4x

Very Active Minutes: 19 / Distance: 2.0 miles / Steps: 4,845

Water: 60+ ounces, though I forgot to track

Saturday

Breakfast: Went to the raw vegan place - had a portobello cap "burger" with romesco sauce, cashew cheese, roasted tomatoes and dehydrated caramelized onions - good, but overpriced for food I was just renting - + a bigass iced coffee with almond milk on the way there

Lunch: Went to a place that's like a Pakistani Chipotle - had a salad bowl topped with beef keema & cilantro chutney

Snack: Sleeve of cashews

Dinner: 6 ounces of pulled pork from the Whole Foods hot bar

Calories: 811

Carbs: 37

Fat: 50

Protein: 56

Sugar: 6

Well, no wonder I was starving for most of the day. I'm sure my calorie count is off a bit - something had to be more calories than that -- but I was fairly hungry all day. That's what i get for having a "girly" brunch out by myself - a $12 "burger" that left me hungrier than I was before I walked in the door. Lunch was satisfying, though. I'm not thrilled about the low protein, but I tried. And at least I wasn't way over on carbs & calories. 

Weight: 115.6 lbs. 

Calories In vs. Out: 811 In vs 1857 Out

Sleep: 8 hours & 56 minutes - awake 0x, restless 6x

Very Active Minutes: 27 / Distance: 4.5 miles / Steps: 11,146

Sunday

Breakfast: Had my bigass iced coffee with almond milk then walked to brunch with the hubbs - had short rib hash with eggs and it was so hot/we had to eat pretty much in the sun, that that filled me up pretty much all day.

Lunch: Wasn't hungry

Dinner: 2 Brooklyn hot dogs (naked) with a cobbled-together spicy potato salad featuring deli roasted potatoes, red onions, aioli & sriracha.

Snack: 2 glasses of pinot grigio while watching Outlander with the hubbs. We haven't killed a bottle of wine together in forever - we had wine when it was still barely light out, and I was still drunk enough after 11 to wake up out of weird dreams. I am a light weight. 

Calories: 1,026

Carbs: 35

Fat: 49

Protein: 59

Sugar: 2

Down on protein again today, but dammit I tried. The sun had me not hungry for most of the day (and if I'm honest, I really wasn't even hungry for dinner - I just ate because it was time to eat), and wine had me full all night. 

Weight: 117.8 lbs. 

Calories In vs. Out: 1026 In vs 1755 Out

Sleep: 8 hours & 52 minutes - awake 1x, restless 3x

Very Active Minutes: 62 / Distance: 4.5 miles / Steps: 10,929

Week 2 Wrapup: I'm counting this week as a success. I was slightly over on calories a couple times this week and under on protein during the weekend, but at least i didn't go crazy and eat allthethings. I feel good about my week. A. 

Goal 3: Socials - Like With Superfriends & Shit

Forcing myself to be social: I'm aiming for once a week out of the house (aside from weekends) doing something that is either directly social (like attending a meetup, game night, book club, actually going out with a friend, etc.) or on my way to social (I'm counting going to the doctor as a social activity because my doctor is through Freelancers Union and they have 99999 networking and social events).  

I closed the tea shop we have book club at down again. No one new at book club this month, but it was great to catch up with a friend that hasn't gotten to attend in awhile. 

Week 2 Wrapup: I had acupuncture and book club this week, and I set up a doggie play date for this next week. Score. A.

Life Side Goal - Get My Wardrobe Dialed-in Like Harley Quinn

Wardrobe restructure. I've been really into building a minimalist wardrobe lately and think I might be ready to make the jump. Sites like this and Pinterest are fueling this current obsession. My need to purge crap from my house is also driving this desire. 

This weekend, I re-organized two closets so my clothes closet is easier to use and my dresses won't get as wrinkly. 

Week 2 Wrapup: Moving along on target here. A.

Diet Side Goal - NaNa NaNa NaNa NaNa

I'm pretty dialed in here. Depending upon what the doctor says, I may do something additional with nutrition. 

Nothing to do here. The doc cleared my nutrition, so I'm continuing with the track I am on.

Week 2 Wrapup: N/A.

• Like 1

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Grats on doing great this past week :)  Of course, I totally got distracted by "played Dominion".  That little snip it had me going all board-game nerd over here.  I need to play that game eventually. ;)

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Since we are hosting game night this month, we went ahead and got the regular Dominion set. And it is fantastic - even as a two-player game. And we got the Cthulu expansion for Smash Up. :) 

• Like 2

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||

Since we are hosting game night this month, we went ahead and got the regular Dominion set. And it is fantastic - even as a two-player game. And we got the Cthulu expansion for Smash Up. :)

Ooooh :)

My sister has all the expansions for Smash Up, we love that game :)  I get scared of the grizzly - steampunk combo... 

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Ooh, I have never heard of either of these, I love board games!

Good weekend, if a bit low calorie all over. I wanna go to Pakistani Chipotle! I vote that you attempt to recreate, and then tell me how to do it :)

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Wil Wheaton's Tabletop show on YouTube is completely to thank for those purchases. (at least I think he did Dominion - I know they did Smash Up). 

Yeah. I think that is going to have to happen next week (the re-creation). Paki Chipotle is freaking awesome. 

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

||Char/RPG||

Wil Wheaton's Tabletop show on YouTube is completely to thank for those purchases. (at least I think he did Dominion - I know they did Smash Up). 

Yeah. I think that is going to have to happen next week (the re-creation). Paki Chipotle is freaking awesome. 

I hear good things about Will's stuff on there :)

Board With Life from MoonratMedia on Youtube is also another group that does play-throughs, news, and comedy.

Dear+Batman.+That+is+all_201cad_3806438.

Week 3 Day 1 Update

tl;dr version: continue on the 'changing my body for the better' track by building muscle and losing fat. 

4-5 days per week; Spartan WODs + fitness-style yoga + be flexible when needed + pull-ups & handstand work if possible. 

Today was crazy hot outside, so indoor work was in order. I got my ass kicked by HasFit's 25 Minute Insane Body Weight Workout. This is one of his new videos, and it was killer. This video included his new wife doing easier variations on the moves (and they're so damn cute it's nauseating) and I'm happy to say that I didn't need any of the easy levels. Whoo. 

Tonight I need to work something in quickly, so it might just be a HasFit kind of week around here. 

As a refresher, my metrics are: 100 grams or under of carbs, 70 grams or over of protein, under 100 grams of fat and around 1500 calories. Water is the recommended by FitBit 64 ounces, and on the weekends I like my step count to be over FitBit’s recommended 10,000. I track food with My Fitness Pal and exercise, sleep and water with the FitBit Flex. Weight and BF are tracked with my FitBit Aria scale. 

Breakfast: DH's green smoothie + hemp protein & coffee with almond milk 

Lunch: A cucumber/tomato/peach/barbacoa/lime juice salad

Snack: Big hand full of mixed nuts

Dinner: Zucchini fries with macadamia crusted turkey tenders

Snack: Watermelon with feta and balsamic vinegar

Calories: 1,274

Carbs: 102

Fat: 60

Protein: 96

Sugar: 52

I'm choosing not to freak out over 2 grams carb overage - watermelon was totally worth it. 

Weight: 118.3 lbs. 

Calories In vs. Out: 1274 In vs 1581 Out

Sleep: 8 hours & 35 minutes - awake 0x, restless 9x

Very Active Minutes: 32 / Distance: 1.0 miles / Steps: 2,359

Water: 60+ ounces

Forcing myself to be social: I'm aiming for once a week out of the house (aside from weekends) doing something that is either directly social (like attending a meetup, game night, book club, actually going out with a friend, etc.) or on my way to social (I'm counting going to the doctor as a social activity because my doctor is through Freelancers Union and they have 99999 networking and social events).  

I'm planning on having a dachshund play/get to know you date with the neighbors tonight, tomorrow is acupuncture, Thursday is yoga and we may also go out for drinks this evening. 

Wardrobe restructure. I've been really into building a minimalist wardrobe lately and think I might be ready to make the jump. Sites like this and Pinterest are fueling this current obsession. My need to purge crap from my house is also driving this desire. 

Today, I tackled my second underbed drawer - pants, workout clothes & pajamas. 

Pants - Start

rxkoEaW.jpg?1

Pants Start

3 pairs of jeans

1 trouser jean

1 pair black pants

1 pair capris

2 leggings

4 pairs shorts

Pants Finish

8l4Y9pQ.jpg?1

Pants Finish

This was an easy cull. Most everything was actually too big for me. 

2 pairs jeans (note: the lighter jeans I have had since I was 16 -- I should probably also toss those, especially since I finally got tired of stepping on the backs a few months ago and cut the hems. 

Note: only buy jeans if they are the right length. 

1 pair black pants (note: these are too big and need to be replaced)

1 pair capris 

2 pairs leggings

1 pair shorts 

Pajamas Start

UHKDw2o.jpg?1

Pajamas Start

I have a lot of pajamas. Out of all my articles of clothing, I'd say I wear pajamas the most. 

9 pairs pajama pants

1 pair shorts

1 nightgown

3 long sleeve tees

12 short sleeve tees (including 2 college tees, sentimental tees from highschool that I never wear, and a tee I got in elementary school that I also never wear)

12 tank tops

Pajamas Finish

ATrAeM5.jpg?1

Pajamas Finish

Ummm... I did what I could here. Still much more room to cull more. 

6 pajama pants

1 pair shorts

1 long sleeve tee

7 short sleeve tees

3 tank tops

Workout Clothes Start

Forgot to take a picture, but I have a lot of random crap I've collected over the years/the sizes I've been.

3 long sleeve shirts

2 sports bras

4 tanks

2 tees

4 shorts

2 skirt shorts

4 capri pants

1 cold weather pants

Workout Clothes Finish

XofzE5G.jpg?1

Workout Clothes Finish

This cull was pretty easy. I didn't fit in some stuff and kinda hated others. 

3 long sleeve shirts

2 sports bras

2 tanks

2 tees

2 pair shorts

2 capri/pants

1 cold weather pants

Up next: The closet. 

I'm pretty dialed in here. Depending upon what the doctor says, I may do something additional with nutrition. 

Nothing to do here. The doc cleared my nutrition, so I'm continuing with the track I am on.

• Like 2

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

||Char/RPG||

I love Smash Up. And Dominion! So many games. So little time....

• Like 1

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

8073-1288034169.jpg

Week 3 Day 2 Update

Got my HasFit workout in - barely. I did the 30 Minute Knockout MMA Workout and it just about killed me. This was a great workout - lots of kickboxing and some really fun MMA-y Judo-ish moves to practice. Lots of what I was calling MMA burpees (punches + knees + sprawls). Since I was tight on time, I ended up cooking while I was working out (I knoooowwww - never a good idea) so I took a series of breaks. And I still pretty much crapped out 3/4 of the way through (at least on the sprawl combos). My left bicep was freaking killing me - right where I got my tetanus shot 2 weeks ago. It can't still be that, can it? It has to be general wussiness now, right? On the plus side, my hip/leg feel no worse for wear. 

Tonight is acupuncture, so no workout to be had. 

Breakfast: DH's green smoothie + hemp protein & coffee with almond milk + extra coffee with almond milk

Lunch: Leftover macadamia crusted turkey tenders with a salad of peach/tomato/cucumber/lime

Snack: Big hand full of mixed nuts

Dinner: Eggs + bacon + chard & leek fingerling potato skillet 

Calories: 1,079

Carbs: 93

Fat: 53

Protein: 64

Sugar: 26

Dammit. Under on protein. That's what I get for making an "old me" dinner involving bacon + eggs instead of "real" meat. It's only 4g, but still - and to be fair, I did think I had more eggs in the fridge and had intended upon eating two with dinner instead of 1. So there's that. 

Weight: 118.1 lbs. 

Calories In vs. Out: 1079 In vs 1674 Out

Sleep: 8 hours & 1 minute - awake 0x, restless 6x

Very Active Minutes: 30 / Distance: 1.6 miles / Steps: 3,847

Water: 60+ ounces

Tonight was our dachshund play date and it looks like we have a lot in common with the owners. They are both trying to mostly stick paleo, one likes to cook, one likes MMA, the one that likes to cook likes mud runs, and they both like board games. I can see hanging out with them again. And their girl is a complete sweetheart - my dachshund spent the whole time following her around like a puppy, trying to get her to pay attention to him. It was fairly adorable. 

No work completed today - no time. 

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

||Char/RPG||

I think I've shared these workouts before, but it's been awhile if I have - nerdy visual bodyweight workouts

• Like 1

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

||Char/RPG||

He loved him some Sam. Poor guy was totally smitten and she really wasn't that into it. He tried kicking at her to get her to pay attention to him like he does to us and she just went right along chewing on her new toy. He tried nosing her, no reaction. It was ridiculously cute - and now we have a girlfriend. 

This wardrobe business was long overdue. Luckily, a butt-ton of my clothes don't fit, so chucking them has been easy! (I say that, and have yet to tackle the closet which holds at least 3 dresses I really like that I also don't fit into). I have some more work to do on some of the areas I've already culled to transform what I have into what I want, but I'm happy about the steps I've taken already. 

I'm kind of thinking if I can whittle the hell out of my closet, that I'd loooove to have 1 underbed drawer completely free + put things like t-shirts into the closet in one of those accordion shelf thingies. We will have to see if that's even a remote possibility after I get my closet wrangled -- it's tiny. And currently so full I can barely find anything. And everything is wrinkly. 

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

||Char/RPG||

This was the bites after his play date:

6fKkE7G.jpg?1

Freaking exhausted. 

• Like 3

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

||Char/RPG||

Adorable! And major socializing points for you too, sounds like it was a great time! Ugh, new friends are so hard to make, so kudos. (I want you to know that I originally typed "judos" there, and almost left it, for relevance to your workout. But of course, that makes no sense.)

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Lol. Judos is kind of great, though. We did have a good time - now comes the anxiety and social crappiness part of not knowing what to do next. We invited them over for game night, and I sent a follow-up email. Now comes the balance between anxiety and letting shit ride. Whoo. 

Good thing I have acupuncture to focus on tonight and recovering from acupuncture after that. :)

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

||Char/RPG||

Jumping on here late because I was away. You look like you've already got an entire challenge worth of activity done and we're only in week 3! And board games- I'll talk about board games all day long.

Plus Batman gifs. It's worth paging through here just for that. Oh ... I guess I better donate to the cause, too. How about a good kettlebell workout?

batman-bomb.jpg?w=470

Quirky DM

My Battle Log: QuirkyDM going Quazy

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

Lols. Perfect! 

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

||Char/RPG||

I love that you have more pajamas than anything else  :rapture:

First thing I do when I get home is change from work clothes into sweats, and it always feels amazing.

Not sure if I've asked this before, but what is in your breakfast green smoothies? I've experimented but have texture issues...

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

Oh man your challenge is totally inspiring me to do a closet/bedroom makeover!

And I agree with Hiroro having lots of pajamas is the best! I don't understand how people come home from work and keep wearing their normal clothes like its no big deal.

• Like 1

Yas! I don't understand how people can wear "real" clothes at home, either. Screw. That. (though I'm totally getting other pajamas-ish things that possibly don't have skulls or stars or Supergirl logos and look more grownup - for pajamas). 

@Hiroro: This is my green smoothie. We make it without the banana, + the juice of 1 lime and add hemp powder these days. We also blend in a Vitamix and it makes all the difference in the world texture-wise. My texture-tarded husband loves them and he freaks out over things like strawberries and squash and mushrooms. 

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

||Char/RPG||

batman-dark-knight-rises-bane-meme-club-

Week 3 Day 3 Update

Today was acupuncture day, so no working out. He focused on my hip and my neck this week, because my tailbone area was just feeling better from last week. I can already tell that today (Thursday) won't be as owie of a day and I'll be fine for yoga tonight. 

Breakfast: DH's green smoothie + hemp protein & coffee with almond milk + extra coffee with almond milk

Lunch: Leftover shredded beef with a fried green tomato (in coconut flour & oil) + 2 sauteed zucchini

Dinner: Indian spiced beef & eggplant with kale and cashews 

Calories: 1,518

Carbs: 91

Fat: 89

Protein: 104

Sugar: 36

A little high on calories, but not bad considering I ate allthethings at lunch. And while I didn't have the after dinner snack I wanted (banana ice cream), I had the after dinner snack I needed (cashews). 

Weight: 117.7 lbs. 

Calories In vs. Out: 1518 In vs 1612 Out

Sleep: 7 hours & 20 minutes - awake 0x, restless 6x

Very Active Minutes: 24 / Distance: 2.6 miles / Steps: 6,495

Acupuncture. I didn't actually speak to anyone but the acupuncturist, but I was available to do so. 

No work completed today - no time. 

• Like 1

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

||Char/RPG||

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines