SevenFootGeek is acting all proper

SevenFootGeek

Wooo great pics there!   I've not done the foam fest ever - was it similar to the Warrior Dash? 

Look at you guys, conquering all those obstacle races.  Rarr!!

The Foam Fest was billed as a family event.  The obstacles were not difficult in any fashion.  The hardest obstacle was a 15' cargo net wall you had to traverse.  Everything else was inflatable obstacles covered in water, foam and mud in varying combinations.  I felt like the run up and down the ski hills was a LOT harder than the obstacles themselves.  Unlike the Warrior Dash where I found the spaces between the obstacles to be the rest times.

• Like 2

Half-Giant Monk

current challenge

"Promote yourself, but do not demote another." Yisroel Salanter

Nice!  Looks like you had a blast!

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Haa, your way is opposite my way 7FG!   For me the obstacles are my rest and recover time and the run segments kick my butt lol. :)    I keep saying I want a 1 mile obstacle race with 42 obstacles. :tongue:

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

You are in no way dirty enough.

HOW DID IT GO!?!?!??!?!

Okay, I'm getting harassed a lot on FB and texts, so I may as well post this here.

I had my THIRD interview with this company yesterday.  It was a series of three one hour technical evaluations.  The first with two of the senior developers I'd be working with.  The second with my prospective manager and her second-in-command.  The third was with another department manager and one of his senior developers for a cross-functional technical evaluation.  That was a busy morning.

Overall, I felt like it went well.  I had a very comfortable banter with the manager.  They only stumped me on technologies that I never claimed to know in the first place.  They have a board games cabinet in the office.  They agree that Monopoly is poison.  <SOFTWARENERDALERT> They're an Agile company.  They have dedicated testing staff.  They have monthly software seminars for the staff.  </SOFTWARENERDALERT>  I kind of really want to work for this company.

Now, suffice to say, my ongoing anxiety has largely tanked my fitness goals.  I have not been keeping up with my push-ups.  But, then again, last week I hurt my shoulder in the grappling class (hello, sprained rhomboid!) and push-ups are among the most excruciating task ever now.  I've done some of my stretching, but certainly not every day.  And let's not talk about going to the gym...

I'm supposed to hear back from this company in under 5 business days.  So my anxiety will be far less and maybe I can focus on my life and get back to being healthy.  We'll just have to see.

• Like 4

Half-Giant Monk

current challenge

I'm glad to hear that you're so excited :)  Does exercise not ground you?  It grounds me.. it's the first thing I turn to when I get stuck in a rut.

My hapkido club is my grounding. Training and teaching help me keep from going crazy.  I've managed to ensure those classes are an absolute part of my routine, so I'm not missing any of those (and the all-important black belt classes!  Second degree grading is WAY too soon).  I'm trying to get my non-martial arts healthy activities under control so I can be better at it.  And a better me, to boot.

• Like 3

Half-Giant Monk

current challenge

I'm supposed to hear back from this company in under 5 business days.  So my anxiety will be far less and maybe I can focus on my life and get back to being healthy.  We'll just have to see.

good luck dude! sounds like the interviews went well, crossing my fingers for you :D its hard to keep fitness a priority when heavy life shit pops up but def try make time for yourself now. 

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

Whelp, the interviews went well.  I felt really good about them, and I didn't get the job.

I'm trying not to beat myself to shit over it, so here are some nerds from June's meetup.

Sorry to hear you didn't get it man.  Sometimes it just doesn't work out.  But that just means there's bigger and better things out there for you.  

Great pic too! 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I'm trying not to beat myself to shit over it, so here are some nerds from June's meetup.

you and i should hang out. seriously.

it sucks to hear about the job, sorry yo :( ill keep my fingers crossed for you, and hopefully the next employer can see how awesome and badass you are!

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines