Anaticula, Just keep swimming

I'm not usually online over the weekend, but I'm going to have to start checking in to keep up with what all is going on! There are so many new posts to read this morning. :) My weekend went well. Saturday I finished all my workouts for the week and manged to eat much better than last weekend.  Sunday was my day off from working out, so I was able to finally relax some. My friend made it home from her vacation and picked up her dog, so that is a bit of stress relieved too.  This week will be much easier to stay on track and focus on eating better.  My trainer introduced me to his newest student Friday and she and I get along well, so we meet at the pool this morning for our workout.  It's nice having someone else I know there to workout with. He's assigned us fairly similar workouts this week I think, so we'll be able to help each other along.  We're on about the same fitness and swim levels, so working out together will be good as neither of us will feel like we simply cannot keep up with the other.  He's only got me scheduled for the one workout today, but I'm thinking that I'll go back to the gym this evening and get another workout in as I'm feeling great today and want to make up for the crazy week I had last week.

• Like 3

Current Challenge: Late start, but here at last.

Level 6 Magikarp

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5

My NF Character and Epic Quest!

Great job.  You're doing awesome.  Now that all that stress and extra work is behind you week 3 should feel like a breeze?  Probably not but you seem super motivated. 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

I'm glad to hear you are powering through the tough day.  Even if the weight doesn't change, the body fat % change is a big deal.  Muscle burns more calories than fat, and that change is a sign of progress.  Congrats, and keep moving forward!

• Like 1

Level 4 Ranger
STR 10 / DEX 6 / STA 6 / CON 8 / WIS 6 / CHA 5
Completed Challenges / PVP's: 
1 | 2 3 | 4 | YAYOG | 20-in-10

Current Challenges / PVP's: 5

Oh, so nice to have someone to workout with who's about the same level!!  Here's to an awesome week!!

green-smoothie-sm.jpg

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

I was in for a bit of a rude awakening this morning, as my bed collapsed in the middle of the night! It's an old one I've had for years, and I noticed about two months ago that one of the legs was getting lose, but I never got around to fixing it because I'm a slacker when it comes to fixing things.  Now I have to see if it can be fixed or if I need to buy a new bed frame this weekend. Also, I discovered my cats are not too bright.  The noise scared them so they ran to hide under the collapsed bed. At any rate, I hope I can just tighten the leg up and have everything back together tonight.

I'm doing much better with my eating this week. Yesterday I did my grocery shopping and I was able to pick up stuff for lunch and some healthy snacks, to keep in my desk so I won't be tempted to hunt down fast food or vending machine goodies on my breaks at work.  I then ate out for supper with my dad, but even then I managed to make healthy choices, and most importantly to stay away from the coke. I'm determined that this is the week I'm going to stay away from the sodas all week.  I kept giving up half way through the week, but I'm not going to give in this week.  

Swimming went well this morning, my other classmate, arrived at the same time, so we got to work out together again. We were assigned more water aerobics than swimming type exercises today, but I'm sure that'll help build up muscle. Another lady who I hadn't seen in a few weeks came today.  Her husband is trying to teach her to swim, but she started panicking last time she tried to stick her head under the water and had to leave.  She hadn't been back for a few weeks because it really scared, but she has decided to give it a go again. She and I got to talk for a while and while she isn't yet wiling to stick her head underwater she is getting more used to being in the pool.   She said she's planning to come back next time with a snorkel to see if that will help her get used to going under the water better. Talking with her made me realize how lucky I am, that while I can't swim well, the water doesn't terrify me. 

Tonight I get to go back to rowing class, so I'm excited about that.  I am going to try to do the rowing class on Thursday night as well. If I can pull off going to both of them this week I might add the Thursday night one to my weekly schedule.

• Like 2

Level 6 Magikarp

You are doing outstanding! ( well besides the bed collapsing) great job being prepared to make the right food choices, staying away from soda ( this is tough. I quit and didn't have for 4 months but fell off the wagon this week), and your dedication to your swimming!

Here is to rocking week 3!

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Mini Quest 2

1. My major set back is giving up coke. Before I started the challenge I was drinking around 5 or 6 cokes a day. Around two weeks before the challenge began I managed to cut back to 1 a day.  One of my goals for this challenge was two go two weeks with no cokes at all.  So far I have failed each week.  I manage to do two or three days without one, then out of habit I order one when eating out or grab one at a friends house. I know that cutting back from 5 a day to 1 a day is a huge step forward, but I still want to get myself off coke entirely.

2. I have found this PvP challenge thread, where others are struggling with the same issue.  I plan to read it and take the advice offered in it. I have also picked up a copy of The Power of Habit, which is supposed to be a great book on creating new habits and breaking old ones. 

3. I plan to read the pvp thread and take the advice offered with in it as well as the habit book.  Between the two I hope to hit my coke free goal two weeks from today.

So mini quest 2 popped up today with perfect timing.  I've been talking to myself about giving up the soda, and to fulfill the quest I had to look up advice on how to do it.

• Like 3

Level 6 Magikarp

Silly kitties! At least they weren't already under it when it collapsed!

Power through on those cokes! If you're particularly found of the fizzy part of your cokes, you could try replacing with Sparkling Ice drinks -they're these flavored carbonated water drinks that have 0 calories & are SOOO GOOD! Most grocery stores have them.

You're going strong, keep it up! :)

• Like 3

Level 3 Half-elf Ninja

[Assassin-Monk hybrid]

STR: 2 || DEX: 3 || STA: 2 || CON: 2 || WIS: 5 || CHA: 4

"Shifting from lazy and geek to Sheik and Mystique"

Yikes! Hope you weren't injured when the bed collapsed? Good thing kitties weren't under it either. ^.^

I'm very proud of your dedication to your swimming - keep it up! And I know you can do the coke challenge this week. :)

Level 2 - Wood Elf - Ranger 

STR : 2 | DEX : 2 | STA : 5 | CON : 3 | WIS : 3 | CHA : 2

Challenges: #1, Current - #2

My Triathlon Training Logs: #1, #2

Great job on working through the coca cola issue.  Habits can be very hard to break ..... keep at it!!!

habits-bed.jpg

• Like 3

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

What an awesome job you're doing with such a full plate as well.  Makes me feel like a punk for not working out in favor of playing in the surf on Saturday.  

Yay for you!   :snowman:

Levelling up one girlie push up at a time. .  .

“This is your life and its ending one moment at a time.† - Tyler Durden

First Challenge  - LGN!

STR - 0 | DEX - 0 | STA - 0 | CON - 0 | WIS - 0 | CHA - 0 

Yay for you on cutting down so much on the sodas ahead of the challenge. That gives you a running start on the big prize of cutting them out entirely for two weeks!

Cutting out the sodast is one of the best things you can do for your health. It can be really hard some days, but knowing your triggers and having a plan in place helps a great deal. I always keep ice water with me, or unsweetened tea, so I can never use the excuse that I am thirsty. Keeping a bit of juice and some sparkling water around the house as a fallback can work for some people, too. I used that in my initial taper off the sodas (a few drops of Stevia helped me get over the need for the sweetness) and haven't really needed it since.

Best of luck! It is a great feeling to bag a big goal like that. You are doing great!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

No soda yesterday, yay! Brought a bottle of water with me today in hopes it'll keep me away from the machine.  I started reading The Power of Habit last night while in line for my rowing class, and it explains why I'm so sleepy in the mornings.  According to the book when you are doing something that is a habit your brain shuts down a lot of the function to save energy.  My drive to work on Mon-Wed is 45 minutes and I take the same route every time, so evidently the reason I'm always so sleepy when I get to work is because my brain hasn't woken back up yet after the trip.  I think to fix this I'm going to have to start taking a different route sometimes. 

Rowing class was really fun. I can't tell you how awesome my rowing instructor is, he makes the class enjoyable.  He tries to convince us we are in a boat on the ocean and yells stuff at us about how we have to hurry up so the sharks don't get us. It's pretty funny. He makes us take breaks from rowing every couple of minutes to clap or punch and such and yesterday he was going on about how we had to punch the sharks off the boat. 

I was by myself in the pool this morning, no one else was there.  In a way it was nice having the whole pool to myself, but I hope this doesn't mean my training buddy is giving up. I'm noticing a little improvement in my techniques, so while I'm not much better I can at least tell I'm getting a little better. :)

As to the bed, it looks like I'll be able to put it back together this weekend.  It's really old, as in it was made in the 1920s or so. It is one where the wood is carved so that it fits together without any nails.  It looks like the leg simply popped out of joint.  I should have fixed it when I first noticed it getting wobbly, but I kept saying I'll take care of it next weekend.  Looks like I have to take care of it this weekend though as I'm currently sleeping with my mattress on the floor. 

My trainer has assigned me to go for a 'long walk' this Saturday, and if the weather permits I think I'll go hiking at a nature trail about an hour from where I live.  It has a bunch of waterfalls and such.  I've been there years ago and it was beautiful.  If I can make it again I'll try to get some pics to post. :)

• Like 2

Level 6 Magikarp

Hiking sounds like an excellent idea.  Especially with all the scenery. 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Gotta watch out for sharknados in rowing class huh?

Have fun with the yoga, youll be surprised with how challenging but rewarding it can be.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Currently Posting in -->Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] 

You are soooo active!  Where are you getting all that energy from?  Are you going to bed at 7pm?   :playful:

Levelling up one girlie push up at a time. .  .

“This is your life and its ending one moment at a time.† - Tyler Durden

First Challenge  - LGN!

STR - 0 | DEX - 0 | STA - 0 | CON - 0 | WIS - 0 | CHA - 0 

@ Sharong - Last night I actually did end up going to bed at 8 pm, but only because yoga didn't let out until 7:30.   :tongue:

@ Ryoko - Thanks! Giving up drinking soda is actually turning out to be my most difficult task for this challenge.  It's such a hard habit to break, but I've made it one more day without it. :)

@ cn3wton - My rowing instructor is awesome. He switched to sharks recently after someone finally explained why we all cracked up so much when he yelled at us to be careful not to catch crabs while we row.  English is his second language, so he didn't understand why we found that so funny at first. And yes, the yoga was challenging but rewarding.

Yoga was pretty neat.  I was a bit tired after swimming for an hour, but still made it to class.  It's amazing how something that is basically just stretching and balancing can be so difficult! The instructor did all the moves with us, so she didn't really focus on calling out people to correct form, but she always showed us several modifications of each position, which I liked as there were a couple of moves I simply wasn't flexible enough to do. I also liked that we all got to just lay on the floor and breath for five minutes towards the end of class while she lead us in a relaxation meditation.  Too bad we can't all lay on the floor and rest after the rowing class! Another thing I liked was that several of my class mates came over to talk to me after class.  I was the only new person and having them ask if I had enjoyed the class after was nice.  We were joking around about how some of the positions are very easy to lose your balance in, and they commented that there is usually someone who falls over ever few classes, even students who have been practicing for a couple years fall sometimes, so that if I do fall it's not a big deal. That made me feel better as I came pretty close to falling over a few times.

Swimming this morning went well.  I finally had everything come together for about 10 minutes! I wasn't great, but I was able to do everything right without having to think about it. :) Then I stopped for a rest and couldn't get back into rhythm, but having that moment when it all worked felt amazing. 

Food wise I'm doing good.  Still logging everything I eat and I made it another day yesterday without soda. :)

I'm going to try to make another rowing class tonight, but this one will have a different instructor.  It'll be interesting to see how the class goes when lead by someone else. 

• Like 3

Level 6 Magikarp

Signed up to run/walk (mostly walk) a 5k next Saturday.  I have a week to prepare for it.  It is the Zoo Zoom at the Baton Rouge Zoo. I was trying to find something to do next weekend and decided to go ahead and give it a try. It'll be the first time I've ever entered a 5k.  I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 3

Level 6 Magikarp

You are an inspiration, you! I'm going for the first yoga class of my life tomorrow just to see what it can add to my flexibility.

Rowing is an excellent exercise and the crabs sure cracked me up lol

Good luck with ur 5k...I think that will be the final push to keep u away from the sodas!

I know for a fact when I'm sweating and cussing my way thru a workout, I'm mentally listing all the things I shouldn't have eaten in the first place. After a grueling workout food just doesn't look appealing because I don't want to undo my efforts at the gym

Signed up to run/walk (mostly walk) a 5k next Saturday.  I have a week to prepare for it.  It is the Zoo Zoom at the Baton Rouge Zoo. I was trying to find something to do next weekend and decided to go ahead and give it a try. It'll be the first time I've ever entered a 5k.  I'm looking forward to it.

Oh you are near the gulf coast too!

Enjoy your 5k, and hopefully it is a balmy August day instead of humidididid  :onthego:

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines