Anaticula, Just keep swimming

Almost didn't make rowing class last night.  Today is the first day our students come back where I work, so yesterday was complete chaos getting everything set up.  As a result I ended up leaving 30 minutes late because I was helping HR set up the student lounge.  Even though rowing starts at 6, and the sign up sheet isn't put out until 5:30 you usually have to arrive at 5:00 to grab a spot in line.  I didn't leave work until 4:30, so I was sure there was no way I'd be there in time.  I headed towards the gym anyways figuring I could find something else to do instead.  For some reason though there wasn't hardly anyone waiting in line for rowing and I made it in time. Yay! Had a great workout.

Swam this morning like usual.  I'm getting faster, :) although I've still a long way to go. 

Tonight is yoga, I took the class last week and really enjoyed it, so I am looking forward to going again tonight.

I've gone soda free for another day, yay! Although there are still plenty of times I'd love a soda I'm finding it easier to turn them down.

And finally, my official weigh in isn't until Friday, but I decided to go ahead and check things today. I'm down another pound and my percent of fat has dropped by 2%! I'm down a total of 4 lbs, and 3% body fat! Woo!

• Like 4

Current Challenge: Late start, but here at last.

Level 6 Magikarp

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5

My NF Character and Epic Quest!

Almost didn't make rowing class last night.  Today is the first day our students come back where I work, so yesterday was complete chaos getting everything set up.  As a result I ended up leaving 30 minutes late because I was helping HR set up the student lounge.  Even though rowing starts at 6, and the sign up sheet isn't put out until 5:30 you usually have to arrive at 5:00 to grab a spot in line.  I didn't leave work until 4:30, so I was sure there was no way I'd be there in time.  I headed towards the gym anyways figuring I could find something else to do instead.  For some reason though there wasn't hardly anyone waiting in line for rowing and I made it in time. Yay! Had a great workout.

Swam this morning like usual.  I'm getting faster, :) although I've still a long way to go. 

Tonight is yoga, I took the class last week and really enjoyed it, so I am looking forward to going again tonight.

I've gone soda free for another day, yay! Although there are still plenty of times I'd love a soda I'm finding it easier to turn them down.

And finally, my official weigh in isn't until Friday, but I decided to go ahead and check things today. I'm down another pound and my percent of fat has dropped by 2%! I'm down a total of 4 lbs, and 3% body fat! Woo!

Congratulations! You're doing super well. Keep it up!! =]

Level: 2  Race: Wood Elf  Profession: Adventurer

| STR 3 | DEX 0 | STA 3 | CON 3.3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3 |

Twitter | YouFood: RaskolRebel

Hello! I hope you don't mind a newbie signing up to your thread? ;-)

Someday I want to learn how to swim... I'm 27 and can't swim at all - I hope my 1.5 yo daughter will be able to swim, but I must learn by myself first!

I'll be cheering for your missions :)

.: d3li9ht :.

Level 2 Aspiring Assassin

[ STR 3.3 ][ DEX 2.9 ][ STA 4 ][ CON 3.2 ][ WIS 4 ][ CHA 2 ]

Challenges:  #0.5  |  #1.5  |  #3 CURRENT  |  YAYOG PVP (W5D3)  

The Awesome Colorful Spreadsheets 

Welcome d3li9ht! I didn't think I would be able to learn how either before I started my lessons, but I find that it's going much better than I ever would have guessed.  I have to admit, hiring a trainer to walk me though the lessons helped the most.  It's expensive, but well worth it.

Level 6 Magikarp

11 days with no soda. 

Yoga was really fun last night.  I'm still almost falling over most of the time, but I'm also a tiny bit more flexible.  The gym expanded the yoga room, so we are now in a room with twice as much space.  They also purchased round mats for us to use.  The mats are nice because they have marks on them to make sure your alignment is correct on your moves.  The room also has lots of mirrors which are good for checking form too, but I'm not quite as happy with them as I don't particularly want to see myself in crazy poses.  :P

Swimming this morning was awesome! I hit three records for me today. :D First I made it to 100 meters with good form.  Then as I was felling okay I decided to give 250 meters without stopping a go.  My form wasn't nearly as good as I was tired, but I made it! After I finished that I decided to see how many laps I could get in before my session was over (I counted the meters I had already gone) and made it a total of 1,000 meters before I called it a day.  This is the most I have ever swam in a session in my life, a number I never though I could make. And I made it. :) Feels great.  I wasn't sure if I would meet my over all goal for this challenge for a while, but now I think I will reach it. :D Very very happy today!

• Like 4

Level 6 Magikarp

So happy that you had such an amazing swim!  I am frankly jealous of your distance.  Goes to show that all your hard work is really paying off. :) And keep up that yoga!  (Mostly just because I love it and think it's awesome!) :)

• Like 1

Level 5 Half-Orc Adventurer

STR 13 | DEX 4 | STA  2 | CON  13 | WIS 11 | CHA 8

Try Not. Do, or do not. There is no try. 

Challenges 1 2 3 4 Daily Battle Log    PVP: YAYOG

Rough day at training today.  :wacko:   My trainer wants me to pull my elbows up further as I swim, but I'm having trouble with it.  He says that I don't lift my arms up out of the water enough when I swim and that I lift my head up too much.  The solution is to lift my elbows more because it'll force me to turn my whole body more as I swim.  I drank tons of pool water today and had to stop swimming several times because I was choking from breathing in water. Today actually made me kind of sad because I thought I did so well yesterday and now I'm wondering if I actually did. All because of my darn elbows.  <_<  But I'm trying not to let it get me down too much.  Even if I didn't swim totally correct yesterday I'm still better than I was and I still swam 1K.

Tomorrow is my 5K.  I'm excited and nervous about it. I'm eager to give it a try as it's something I've never done before, but as with all new things I've butterflies in my stomach about it.  I'm also a tiny bit dissapointed.  We get t-shirts for doing the 5K and they don't have my size.  :unsure:  I had to go with one size smaller than I normally wear.  Hopefully it'll still fit.  If not I'll just wear one of my t shirts tomorrow.  I hope the shirts look good, because I plan to keep it as a way to remember my first run.  :D  Granted I'll be walking more than running.  :tongue:  Maybe it's a good thing it'l likely be to small for me to wear, this way it won't smell of sweat if I go all out and end up framing it to put on my wall as a memmory. :lol:

Also, official wiegh in today with my trainer and I'm down another pound. B)

• Like 3

Level 6 Magikarp

I'm sorry about the rough swim. Those days are bound to happen from time to time. Your next swim will be better. ^.^

Yay, I'm excited for your 5k tomorrow! You will do great. I look forward to hearing all about it!

CONGRATS on your weight loss!! You rock. :panda:

Level 2 - Wood Elf - Ranger 

STR : 2 | DEX : 2 | STA : 5 | CON : 3 | WIS : 3 | CHA : 2

Challenges: #1, Current - #2

My Triathlon Training Logs: #1, #2

Posted more pictures of Clark Creek on my blog.  Here's the link if anyone wants to see them.

Thanks Ryoko. It was just rough to wake up this morning and go from my best swim so far to my worst one.  Going to swim again this evening if I have time and hopefully start feeling better about it again. :)

• Like 2

Level 6 Magikarp

Rough day at training today.  :wacko:   My trainer wants me to pull my elbows up further as I swim, but I'm having trouble with it.  He says that I don't lift my arms up out of the water enough when I swim and that I lift my head up too much.  The solution is to lift my elbows more because it'll force me to turn my whole body more as I swim.  I drank tons of pool water today and had to stop swimming several times because I was choking from breathing in water. Today actually made me kind of sad because I thought I did so well yesterday and now I'm wondering if I actually did. All because of my darn elbows.  <_<  But I'm trying not to let it get me down too much.  Even if I didn't swim totally correct yesterday I'm still better than I was and I still swam 1K.

Tomorrow is my 5K.  I'm excited and nervous about it. I'm eager to give it a try as it's something I've never done before, but as with all new things I've butterflies in my stomach about it.  I'm also a tiny bit dissapointed.  We get t-shirts for doing the 5K and they don't have my size.  :unsure:  I had to go with one size smaller than I normally wear.  Hopefully it'll still fit.  If not I'll just wear one of my t shirts tomorrow.  I hope the shirts look good, because I plan to keep it as a way to remember my first run.  :D  Granted I'll be walking more than running.  :tongue:  Maybe it's a good thing it'l likely be to small for me to wear, this way it won't smell of sweat if I go all out and end up framing it to put on my wall as a memmory. :lol:

Also, official wiegh in today with my trainer and I'm down another pound. B)

As you stated before, though, the 1000m was just about cranking it out. And now you're getting the form work...

One good thing you will find about having a good coach who is helping you get your form right - good form will make ALL of your swimming easier and faster. When you get it down, 1000 meters won't be nearly as difficult or take as long!

You're rockin' this challenge and you'll do great tomorrow, too!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Rooting for you for tomorrow!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Good luck tom!

I had the same elbow problem when I started swimming initially. Sometimes our arm doesn't emerge out of the water high enough because our arm is coming out of the water earlier than it should. A possible soliton is to pretend to touch the side of ur thigh with ur arm fully extended and then lift it out of the water; at the same time "reach forward /extend " your other arm as far forward as you can. Both of these help in lifting your recovering arm.

On a related note, I hope your coach is giving u pointers on how to fix your errors; it's very frustrating to be told what you're doing wrong with no input on how to do it right

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's good info to know on swim form. Hadn't heard it before, but makes sense.

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Awesome job!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] <--Current Challenge

That's great!

And you finished waaay ahead of all the people who thought about doing it and never took the next steps...you blew them out of the water!

• Like 5

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines