Hi! I'm S@kur4-Ch4n! You might also know me as Gypsy140 on Fitocracy and various other places around the 'net. I chose this particular handle because 1) I've recently delved back into the underdark that is the Naruto fandom (obviously) and 2) I'm hoping to imitate the same major character shift that Sakura did--turning from a not-so-confident whiner into an ultra-strong badass! Hell yeah! Let's do this!

I'm 25 years old, 5'1 and currently 155 lbs (US size 10). I'm married to Bandcamp who also recently joined the ranks of The Rebellion. I have a desk job at a University by day and I am currently pursuing my doula certification (and therefore sometimes attending births) by night. I don't have a ton of time to work out, but I know that I can find more time if I am efficient enough at carving it out. That's my ultimate life quest, I suppose: finding a better work-life balance. Fitness-wise, I am a brand new (last few months) strength training convert and love throwing around iron! This came as a big shock to me, as I had never done anything remotely athletic besides the occasional dalliance with yoga or stupid Pinterest/magazine workouts. I had a brief but terrifying cancer scare as a kid that resulted in having over 6 inches of bone removed from my leg and replaced with porous cement. That, combined with my genetic disorder (a super fun --read: *painful*-- thing called Pachyonychia Congenita, which affects my feet and hands) meant no sports or even Physical Education classes from age 11 onwards.

In addition to weight lifting and bodyweight exercises, I love Pilates and try to attend a class once a week when the University Rec Center classes are in session. I still dabble in yoga, but more as an addendum after lifting. I might try out the Rec classes every once in a while when they start back up. I hate running and will never be a runner thanks to my genetic disorder. It just ain't gonna happen. I'd like to try rock climbing but I'm not sure if my feet and hands would tolerate it. The Rec hosts free clinics sometimes, so it's worth a try, at least. My diet is pretty well under control, but can be improved. I focus on whole foods and complex carbs and am actively trying to limit my sugar and caffeine intake. Not willing to go full-Paleo at this time, but I do borrow a lot from it and try to use a lot of the no-nonsense recipes when meal-planning each week. 

I'm not sure where I'll fit in, Guild-wise, once the time comes. My primary focus is strength and conditioning, so I am leaning towards the Warrior, but I do other things, too, so maybe Rangers or just hang with the Adventurers for a bit? Advice? I know there's no real wrong choice.

IRL I am an avid reader and home-brewer, love to cook, and like to craft (floral design, knitting/crochet/cross-stitch, wreath-making, etc.). I am a fan of all things nerdy: sci-fi, fantasy, horror, gaming (tabletop & RP, PC, PS3, PS2, Wii), anime/manga, comics/webcomics, etc. Some favorite fandoms include LoTR, HP, Star Wars, Star Trek (esp. TNG), Game of Thrones (I've met and partied with GRRM! I can die happy!), Naruto, Doctor Who, Farscape, Stargate, Rat Queens, and Saga. I help run AggieCon each year, for those familiar with Texas cons or Texas A&M University. Got tickets to PAX-South in San Antonio this next January and am pumped!

I guess that's it for now. Sorry about the novel; I'm just excited to get started! See you in the challenge boards!

• Like 1

Level 2 Human Warrior

STR: 5 // DEX: 2 // STA: 2 // CON: 4 // WIS: 3 // CHA: 4

Introduction

Challenges: 1, 2 (current)

Fitocracy

Battle Log

"Didn't you know? Women have to be strong in order to survive!" -- Sakura Haruno

"If I look back I am lost." -- Daenerys Targaryen

"It's the job that's never started as takes the longest to finish." -- Samwise Gamgee

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." -- Albus Dumbledore

"Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It's not the time, it's the person." -- 10th Doctor