[skinnyLara] Midsummer in Middle Earth

Lara

Midsummer in Middle Earth

Main goals

Black riders have diverted and obstructed Lara and her friends. They weren't able to arrive to the Midgewater Marshes, but they have an iron will. There are only 58 miles left, and skinnyLara can cover them in 6 weeks, that's for sure. Destroy the one ring!

Crow pose! Rolls! Cartwheels! Real Wall Handstands! (and not the usual inclined crap). And maybe daunting push ups! Be amazing!

Try to accomplish The Impossible: gain TWO kilos!

Life quest

An assassin without self control is worth nothing.
skinnyLara has been imprisonated against her will these last weeks, and that helped her to see what the priorities are when things go wrong. skinnyLara will keep on meditating regularly (4d/w at least), retake her stage fright work, and try to improve even more her sleep.

The language of the olden days.

Lara is confused and captivated by the sound of that enigmatic and silvery language elves talk. skinnyLara will build a basic vocabulary of 500 icelandic words, will look for short easy texts to read and will listen to some audios.

h14048.gif

Character points.

Destroy the one ring! Up to 1 STA points, and 1 DEX point.

Be amazing! Up to 2 STR points, up to 2 DEX points and 1 STA point.

The impossible! Up to 2 CON points.

Self control. Up to 2 WIS points.

The language of the olden days. Up to 1 WIS and 1 CHA points.

Bonus: if skinnyLara gets all her points for STR, DEX, STA, CON and WIS, she'll also get 2 extra CHA points. If she gets half the points, then she'll have 1 extra CHA point.

And what else?

• new shorts after the second week of the challenge;

• a box of raspberries if she keeps on during the 4th week;

• another box of raspberries if she finally does her first push up;

• a meal in a restaurant of her choice if she manages to do a real wall handstand (a big reward because this is scary);

• a book for the end of the challenge: Thinking, fast and slow by Daniel Kahneman.

lots-of-laras-1024x359.jpg

• Like 5

Ah man, Icelandic is one of those 'one day' things for me! I'd love to go there too!

So already loving your challenge and I've only really seen one goal :P

I'm sure you're going to be amazing! I look forward to seeing how it goes. Sub'd!

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

Great challenge :). I've never heard of anyone learning Icelandic before, is it anything like other languages? It's awesome that you're learning it :).

I love the variety and your rewards, I'll be following you! Good luck and have fun :).

I find icelandic having a very sweet sound, but I suppose that's my personal taste.

Yeah, I love rewarding myself ;)  It works so well when you feel like lazing around...

Ah man, Icelandic is one of those 'one day' things for me! I'd love to go there too!

So already loving your challenge and I've only really seen one goal :tongue:

I'm sure you're going to be amazing! I look forward to seeing how it goes. Sub'd!

Hei, this is the first time I've found someone wanting to learn icelandic. It's a pretty tough language, but so beautiful!

If you wanted to start over, there are pretty good basic vocabulary courses at memrise. In case you want to embrace the adventure :D

Thanks for coming by!

• Like 1

but it should be very difficult to learn.

I've recently discovered there are 19 declensions, with strong and weak forms for the 4 cases. Plus all the exceptions. Feeling dizzy.

How's your latin going?

Thanks for coming by!!

As always, you know I am in!  Keep those toes healthy and DESTROY THAT RING!

• Like 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal Stats: (
About Me)
Start Weight: 279.6    Current Weight: 270.1    Goal Weight: 220.0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge History: Lvl 1 Rebel, PvP, Lvl 2 Warrior, Lvl 3 Warrior

Hei, this is the first time I've found someone wanting to learn icelandic. It's a pretty tough language, but so beautiful!

If you wanted to start over, there are pretty good basic vocabulary courses at memrise. In case you want to embrace the adventure :D

Thanks for coming by!

When you put it like that, how can I say no :P I'll check that out thank you :)

Level 1

High Score:

I've recently discovered there are 19 declensions, with strong and weak forms for the 4 cases. Plus all the exceptions. Feeling dizzy.

How's your latin going?

Thanks for coming by!!

WTF? 19 declensions? Good luck with that. Often Latin declensions seem too much for me, I can't image a language with so many. BUT - I'm sure that with patience and good effort (and you seem to have both of them) it could be achievable.

My Latin is not going right now. I should make space in my schedule for it.

Level 4

10 WIS | 2 STR | 2 STA | 2 CON | 5 CHA | 1 DEX

battle logepic quest

The Stoic Path of Virtue: #1 | #2 | #3

Current challenge: Don't break the challenge

Like your challenge. :)

Subbing

• Like 1

Yes, destroy the One Ring! Subbed. :D

Sent using Tapatalk Owl Post.

• Like 1

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

Won't be here for a few days (mini-vacation, yes!), so I'll be starting the challenge later in the week. Anyway, I'll try to do some miles by walking (we're staying near a National Park!), and will try to eat as much as possible party0021.gif

See you all when I'm back!

• Like 4

Try to accomplish The Impossible: gain TWO kilos!

What's your strategy for accomplishing this?

Won't be here for a few days (mini-vacation, yes!), so I'll be starting the challenge later in the week. Anyway, I'll try to do some miles by walking (we're staying near a National Park!), and will try to eat as much as possible party0021.gif

Have a blast!

• Like 1

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Good luck with the heat. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Level 4

10 WIS | 2 STR | 2 STA | 2 CON | 5 CHA | 1 DEX

battle logepic quest

The Stoic Path of Virtue: #1 | #2 | #3

Current challenge: Don't break the challenge

Amazing! Subbed. Love the quests, especially the 'Be Amazing'. You'll succeed. You can do that.

Can't wait for the challenge!

• Like 1

Level 3 Minotaur

Assassin in training

In the process of metamorphosis to Dunmer

STR 8|  DEX 4|  STA 6|  CON 5|  WIS 4|  CHA 3|

0.1   0.5   0.3   0.3   0.5    0.4

Spoiler

"Hold on, the weight of the world will give you the strength to go."

"War Never Changes. Men do, through the roads they walk."

"With great power, there must also come great responsibility."

Yay, new challenge! Good to see you continuing the good work from last time :) And also pleased to see you have Daniel Kahneman's book in your reward list. Did you get the food book last time? (I forget which one, hopefully you'll remember!)

Good luck! I'll be here watching :)

Great challenge :). I've never heard of anyone learning Icelandic before, is it anything like other languages? It's awesome that you're learning it :).

Icelandic is most similar to Norwegian/Swedish/Danish, but due to being geographically isolated, has evolved quite separately from those other languages. They also have "thorn" and "eth" (as separate letters in their alphabet for the "th" in "Thor"  and the "th" in "the" respectively) so it looks pretty cool written down too :P

• Like 2

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

Raspberries are an AMAZING reward, and I'm sure you'll get to eat lots this challenge!

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Hey skinnyLara, those are some great goals!

Looking forward to what's ahead for ya! Just like that picture you have of every iteration of Lara, you get better and better! (Believe it or not, as a big Indiana Jones fan, I use to loathe everything about Tomb Raider, until the recent reboot which is excellent! xD)

• Like 1

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

National parks in Spain? I don't know why that strikes me as funny :P

• Like 1

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

I hope you have a super time! :D

• Like 1

Level 1

High Score:

I am back!!

And it seems I have a lot of work to do in Nerdfitness. I'll try to do an update today, but first I want to find all your new threads, don't want to miss anything :D

What's your strategy for accomplishing this?

As what I did last challenge finally worked, I'll walk that path again: lots of fats, not too much carbs and around 1000 extra calories everyday.

Good luck with the heat. :ph34r:

We had rather nice weather. Windy, fresh, some heat hours spent swimming... I miss it already...

Amazing! Subbed. Love the quests, especially the 'Be Amazing'. You'll succeed. You can do that.

Can't wait for the challenge!

Thanks for the encouragement!!

Yay, new challenge! Good to see you continuing the good work from last time :) And also pleased to see you have Daniel Kahneman's book in your reward list. Did you get the food book last time? (I forget which one, hopefully you'll remember!)

Yeah, I got the "food" book. Looks serious. I've done a first reading on the first chapter and the approach is interesting. Hope I'll understand most of the book if I put time and effort on it.

Kahneman is waiting for me :D

Raspberries are an AMAZING reward, and I'm sure you'll get to eat lots this challenge!

I'm kind of an addict. I'm looking forward my first box, only have to wait a few days now... :)

Ooooh great challenge! Following for sure! 

Thanks, darling!

Hey skinnyLara, those are some great goals!

Looking forward to what's ahead for ya! Just like that picture you have of every iteration of Lara, you get better and better! (Believe it or not, as a big Indiana Jones fan, I use to loathe everything about Tomb Raider, until the recent reboot which is excellent! xD)

lol   Me I don't like the Tomb Raider movies, I find she takes herself too seriously. I'd better like her being more like Indy.

National parks in Spain? I don't know why that strikes me as funny :tongue:

Ñañaña. It was in Portugal :tongue:

I hope you have a super time! :D

Thanks! I did! Replenished my energy!

-----------------------

Barfly and Umodiel, I can't find your threads. Where are you? :huh:

• Like 4

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines