The Asylum with patient MaddieHatter (6WC#2)

Quick intro
I am Maddie (or Hatter, or Madness). And my Rebel Intro is >> here <<.

This quest is part of a chain quest to reach the weight goal of 115lbs sometime within the non-determined time from my first weighing at 130something. A part of the chain quest is getting back into running/jogging, but one thing at a time. The motivation is heavy focus on moving to lose the cushion and improve the mind.

Main Quest: The Asylum

The voices... the voices! So many voices... I know what they are... they are my demons... I must prepare for them. I must. I must. Not this time you demons. Not this time.

Goal 1: Build mental shields

Must build mental shields so the voices do not effect me... the many voices. Angry voices. Sad voices. Violent voices. Must stop them before they start.

Empathy, the ability to feel another individuals emotions as if their own. It is interesting at times but also a burden. I have the ability to control myself when it comes to sadness or high stake emotions, but when stuck with certain people who harvested negative energy, it is draining and I end up in an angered state. Anger leads to destructive behavior. So to battle this, I am going to meditate at least once a day (more if in a state).

• Meditation (CON/CHA)
  • Weekly Grading
    • A: 7 - + out of 7 Days
    • B: 6 - 5 out of 7 Days
    • C: 4 - 3 out of 7 Days
    • D: 2 - 1 out of 7 Days

Goal 2: Prepare for demons

Creating mental barriers will not be enough. Some demons will manifest into the ones I love. The ones I hate. With my mental preparation I will be able to distinguish one from another. The ones that are to do harm,  I will have to fight them! So I must prepare. Yes I must.

I did not do well last challenge in keeping up with working out. Maybe it was the combination of oral surgery and just listening to the blerch, but I ended up not working out as much as I wanted to. This time, I have a plan that I will not ignore. 

• BW Workout, BW Solitaire, Yoga, Gym Equipment (STR/DEX)​
  • Weekly Grade
    • A: 4 - + out of 7 Days
    • B: 3 out of 7 Days
    • C: 2 out of 7 Days
    • D: 1 out of 7 Days

Goal 3: Run from demons

Sometimes you cannot beat madness with madness. Sometimes you cannot beat the demons with all the preparation and training. Can't fight them all. Can't win all the time. Going to have to run from them. Outrun them. Run.

Like last challenge, as much as I would like to run all the time to get back into running - this is to be taken at dosages due to location and condition. While the goal say's run - I include any cardio form to this goal at no less then 30 minutes.

• Jogging/Running, Swimming, Elliptical (STA)
  • Weekly Grade
    • A: 4 - + out of 7 Days
    • B: 3 out of 7 Days
    • C: 2 out of 7 Days
    • D: 1 out of 7 Days

Bonus Goal: Recording Whispers

Maddie has kept a journal for many months since her arrival, but has slowed down in writing to the point she believes the journal is property of another person. To encourage writing, we have told her to write stories as the orderly and doctors. -H.L. M.D.

I have a blog... that I don't do anything with really. In addition to that, I write but I fear sharing it. So to break this, I am adding this as a bonus goal. To write with the assistance of a prompt. In addition to the blog, I will also count writing within my FanFic as an acceptable solution

• Blog Prompt Writing (WIS)
  • Weekly Grade
    • A: 4 - + out of 6 Weeks
    • B: 3 out of 6 Weeks
    • C: 2 out of 6 Weeks
    • D: 1 out of 6 Weeks

Weekly and Final Grading

Every week, an orderly will provide feedback on the recording of patient Maddie and how well she has been. At the end of six weeks, the doctor will review the feedback and grade accordingly on how well Maddie has performed in her recovery to wellness. You can't fix madness with madness. - H.L. M.D.

PVP Participant

Accountabilibuddies

• TBP

Motivation
ftox8i.jpg

That is my Motto seen at Home A (and the same at Home B: Do it for the dress (& the health).
My motivation is for me and the hopes that my effort in getting better will also influence those around me.

While my wedding is not until late 2015, a close family member is getting married this late 2014.

So, hence the motto.

You are tired but at least it seems good. We'll see when you finish the first post. By the way, if you want to get into running, why don't simply running instead of swimming? Maybe it would be the fastest way to achieve your goals.

Level 4

10 WIS | 2 STR | 2 STA | 2 CON | 5 CHA | 1 DEX

battle logepic quest

The Stoic Path of Virtue: #1 | #2 | #3

Current challenge: Don't break the challenge

By the way, if you want to get into running, why don't simply running instead of swimming? Maybe it would be the fastest way to achieve your goals.

Yes, it is the fastest way to achieve my goals but I have two constraints: condition and location. Condition is an uncertain factor. My knees and I at times are not the best of friends. Due to a youth injury, sometimes the knees tag team and go out on me. I wear a brace when this happens but the pain and weakness is present with even a slow walk and little weight. I also live at two locations - one a safe neighborhood with access to a pool over a fence (with permission) and a gym. Second location is a not so safe neighborhood but access to a pool by just opening the patio door and diving in. So, that is why I don't simply run.

• Like 1

All right, I understand your point.  For your condition, I can only suggest to be sure that your knees are strong enough when you are going to start running again (as your main activity), and one of your goals cover that point, so that's OK.

I didn't say before, but I like you're meditating. Most times the really difficult thing is control oneself one everything is turning crazy and things are out of control. You know, we have to learn not to care about things are not up to us. Good luck with that.

• Like 1

Level 4

10 WIS | 2 STR | 2 STA | 2 CON | 5 CHA | 1 DEX

battle logepic quest

The Stoic Path of Virtue: #1 | #2 | #3

Current challenge: Don't break the challenge

Alright Hatter, I will try to pop in more often this challenge.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Love the profile pic, Maddie.

• Like 1

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Yes, it is the fastest way to achieve my goals but I have two constraints: condition and location. Condition is an uncertain factor. My knees and I at times are not the best of friends. Due to a youth injury, sometimes the knees tag team and go out on me. I wear a brace when this happens but the pain and weakness is present with even a slow walk and little weight. I also live at two locations - one a safe neighborhood with access to a pool over a fence (with permission) and a gym. Second location is a not so safe neighborhood but access to a pool by just opening the patio door and diving in. So, that is why I don't simply run.

My knees and I understand each other.  I used to compete in Wrestling, BJJ, and Judo.  I was very good in competition and naturally I am good in a fight.  However I am also huge.  My weight at competition was 300#.  I could have dropped to probably 285# if I had a desire to hate life, but I fought at 300#.  I am 6'4" tall and most of my height is in my torso (inseam of 31").  I got really really fat and was at 425# and weaker than I had ever been as an adult.  During that time I developed some knee issues that will always be with me.

Why did I light up your page with that?  Since I have started doing squats with weight....my knees have gotten better.  I got to 350# before I started any serious weight stuff, and my knees have improved.  Not perfect, some days I have to back off.  But I was able to do 5k training.  That was unthinkable for years.  I can also.....jump.  Something people take for granted...but I don't.  I was headed for a wheel chair.  But I lost weight, which helped some, and lifted with weight (at first just a medicine ball, and then a sand bag, and now Oly weights).

Just what I have experienced.

Keep at it and you will get to where you can be the best you.  That is all you need to be.

• Like 2

John AKA Brute Squad

Challenge Thread

Man, Myth, Legendary Hero

Ogre Level 5 .....do Ogres have any class?

www.mydatewithnatalieportman.com

Love much, this will all be over in a minute :love_heart:

Why did I light up your page with that? Since I have started doing squats with weight....my knees have gotten better. I got to 350# before I started any serious weight stuff, and my knees have improved. Not perfect, some days I have to back off. But I was able to do 5k training. That was unthinkable for years. I can also.....jump. Something people take for granted...but I don't. I was headed for a wheel chair. But I lost weight, which helped some, and lifted with weight (at first just a medicine ball, and then a sand bag, and now Oly weights).

Just what I have experienced.

Keep at it and you will get to where you can be the best you. That is all you need to be.

My god and goddess, you are a giant compared to my height (5'1").

Anyways, thank you for enlightening me on your progression.

I slowly do lunges and bodyweight squats and stretch a lot before, during, and after. I also do a few exercises an ex-Army paratrooper showed me for their knees and ankles (since jumping out of perfectly good airplanes does a number on the body I witnessed).

Slow and go is my motto with my knees and will keep at it.

• Like 1

Absolutely slow and steady!!!!

I read Younger Next Year which was really written for people 20 years older than me, but I give it to a lot of people as a gift no matter what their age as it talks about health as you age.  Not a lot of books like that.  Stop eating junk and move around is the main theme, but it talks about joints.  Due to the lack of blood flow like in your muscles, your joints take a lot longer to get good.  And if you are arthritic, well there is only so much you can do.  But listen to your joints and don't over do them.  Sounds like you are on the right track and got it under control.

• Like 2

John AKA Brute Squad

Challenge Thread

Man, Myth, Legendary Hero

Ogre Level 5 .....do Ogres have any class?

www.mydatewithnatalieportman.com

Love much, this will all be over in a minute :love_heart:

About the knees issue; I believe that you put 4x your weight on your knees when you do any kind of jogging. With any excess weight; that damage can add up fast. Slow and steady wins the race.

@Brute - yes, people do take jumping for granted.  It takes a lot of effort to get 300+ pounds up in the air even if it's only 3-4 inches..

If you have questions, feel free to send me a message (How to PM and follow/ ) or post at the Tavern (Tavern ) . Don't forget to check out the minis if you want ( Minis).

Good luck and have fun this challenge :)

• Like 2

Orderly Report

6wC - 02 - W01

Goal 1: Build mental shields

Grade: A

Maddie meditated 7 out of the 7 days. Completing the whole week, she has been given an A for week 1 in building her mental shields.

Goal 2: Prepare for demons

Grade: D

Maddie only performed strength training 1 out of the 7 days. With one day, she has been given a D for week 1 in the preparation of fighting her demons. 

Goal 3: Run from demons

Grade: F

Maddie did not perform any cardio this week, giving her the grade of F for running from demons.

Slaying Acerbus

Mini-Challenge: Passed (+1 STR to be added at end of the 6wC)

Maddie was able to perform at least 30 pushups in the goal of slaying acerbus.

Comments from Maddie

This, has been the worst week for me in many, many months. Not only am I playing catchup in my school work that must be finished by tomorrow midnight, I have been under a lot of stress due to an issue that I took care today. While I meditated every single day (twice on at least two), I broke down twice out of frustration and anger. I was so stressed, I wanted to go shopping (which I hate with a passion) and even poured myself a soda (which I dumped soon after). Now that the material of stress is gone, I can now return to normal. Sorta. In the middle of the week, I ended up taking a nasty spill. Now I am sitting here with a wrap on each hand, and legs elevated with a ice pack on a bruise and my knee. But, I will get back to my school work, go to the gym, and relax. One thing that will be modified to my 6wC, is to include writing into my FanFic stories if not my blog(s) as acceptable forms within the bonus goal.

• Like 2

First and foremost, HEAL.

If you do not, the challenge won't mean much. So, as much as you need to take care of the mental, heal the physical!

I was going to go for a jog fhis morning but before I went to bed, noticed more aches, pains, with bruising and called it for a few more recovery days. Need to get some arnica.
  • Like 1

Nice theme for the challenge! I had a good vampire theme all written up for mine, then I realized no one wanted to read like four pages, that I felt silly, and that it fit terribly poorly with my idea to try being vegetarian for a bit.

What's the difference between BW Workout and BW Solitaire? I know for me, it would help to say "this is the workout I plan to do, and I'm going to do it if physically capable." Having one more decision to make when it comes time to doing it just seems an extra hurdle when the time comes... It's only a six week commitment, after all. I'm only mentioning, since you seem to have had trouble sticking with the workouts last time and this first update.

Swimming. That's a good idea! I got a bad knee myself. It handles stretching and walking well enough most of the time, but even bodyweight squats are enough to get it complaining for a bit. I hear ellipticals aren't bad on the joints, but I never have been able to get the rhythm. It just seems such a fuss getting all swim trucked up and going to the pool. It feels hard enough for me to commit to regularly dropping for push-ups! Never heard of arnica before either. I should consider that since Ibuprofen is tearing my stomach up, and I haven't felt like going to the Phys Therapist for some cream, since I'm stubborn about visiting any more doctors than I already have to.

Thanks for helpful ideas! Looking forward to hearing about your progress and hoping that you'll share some blog posting or fanfic(-ing? Fanfics?).

MaD MaLKaV (llcawthorne)

Level 10 Vegetarian Vampire Warrior

STR: 16 DEX: 7 STA: 6 WIS: 46 CON: 27 CHA: 17

Intro | Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Hey gorgeous what happening?

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines