Pretzle Purrrrs closer to Perrrrfection

Pretzle

purrr+or+die.+is..is+he+god+i+would+love

Goal: Squatting!

How to? Squat twice a week!!!

Current working weight (gone back down after getting advice on form) 50 kgs. 

3 x 10 

1: 3 x 10 @ 52.5

2: 1 x 10 @ 52.5, 2 x 5 @ 52.5

3: 1 x 10 @ 55, 2 x 10 @ 52.5

4: 3 x 10 @ 55 kgs

5: 3 x 10 @ 55 kgs

6: 3 x 10 @ 55 kgs

7: 3 x 10 @ 57.5 kgs

8: 3 x 10 @ 57.5 kgs

8/12

Goal: Pull-ups! (Ok, one - hopefully)

How to? Deadhangs on pull-up bar at home, negatives as slowly as possible (other ideas? Let me know!) 

Work on this at least 3 days/week. Currently? I can manage 40-50 seconds of hanging around and I can do 3 sloooooow negatives. 

12/18

Week 1: Monday & Tuesday (hanging around, having my husband assist me in one meagre assisted chin-up, hanging around and pulling myself up for... ehh, 2-3 centimetres :D, some negatives).

Friday: active hanging around 30 seconds max. Did some negatives and a few assisted chin and pull-ups.

Week 2: 

Did some proper work this week! Early in the week I just hang around holding on to the stairs at my parents' place, later I did some assisted and negative chin-ups at home and on Friday I did 5 negative chin-ups at the gym. It already feels a lot better and more possible ;)

Week 3: 

Monday practice at home, Tuesday in the gym. 4 + 5 x negatives.

Sunday, at home: 5 negatives & 2 assisted chin-ups.

Week 4: 

Tuesday practice at the gym: 5 negatives (of which 4 pull-up and 1 chin-up)

Thursday: At home, partial chin-ups!!! :D

Sunday: parents' place, 2 x 5 partial pull-ups

Goal: No-internet days! 

How to? At least once every two weeks, a whole day without using the internet*

I did this yesterday, it was lovely. I did *use 'the internet' for switching on the radio, watching a show on Crunchyroll (no TV connection, or rather, no receiver :tongue:) and to quickly check what the weather would be like. But definitely NO FB, NF or e-mail or other sometimes-interesting-sometimes-fun-but-always-time-wasting-things. 

3*/3 

Week 1: During holiday, so doesn't realllly count.

Week 2: Wednesday, long difficult day to go internetless (/internet free) but I made it!

Week 4: Thursday. Finished reading a book, did stuff in the garden, good day.

Sidequest...

? I had another '2' goal (2 times/week squatting, once every two weeks a day without internet) but it slipped my mind. If I remember soon I'll add it :) If not, I'll leave it at this, for now. 

graphics-coffee-674148.gif (I love coffee. ;) Actually don't even really like pretzels... Hmmm... What's in a username?) 

Time for coffee... :D

• Like 4

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors

Following for the alliteration, kittens, squats, and pull-ups!  I like your no internet goal, too.

I'm approaching pull-ups the same way. You can also do leg-assisted pull-ups using a smith machine: set the bar at about collarbone or chin level, bend your legs, and keep your legs on the ground while you do pull-ups. You can easily adjust how much weight you transfer to the ground and can take your feet off the ground for the negatives.

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3

Supple Lioness Mobility

Also for pull-ups do some face-pulls while you are at the gym, or if you have bands you can do from the pull-up bar (or the door frame).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal Stats: (
About Me)
Start Weight: 279.6    Current Weight: 270.1    Goal Weight: 220.0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge History: Lvl 1 Rebel, PvP, Lvl 2 Warrior, Lvl 3 Warrior

I would copy/paste a link, but work computer doesn't allow it...basically it's a pulling motion at the height of your head focusing on using your back to pull your elbows behind you.  Googling will give a much better description.

About Me)

Oooohh the pull up quest! Want to race me? :P

Instead of just doing deadhangs i'd suggest doing active hangs. Or just hang, then pull your shoulders into an active position for 3 seconds and go back to the normal hang, repeat.

Are you coming over during this challenge? Or are we waiting for Lilith to have time? 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl fixes the batcaves

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Short summary of this week: 

I can't remember what I did on Monday, haha. Anyway, Wednesday was bouldering day with KBgirl, Waanie and Lilith :D It was GREAT fun, and I definitely felt it (a lot!) the days after. 

Friday I went to the gym and did some epic lifting, I meant to 'just get the squats in', but ended up doing bench, barbell row and deadlift (at 40 kgs, which gave me DOMS which made me quite happy, haha), too. As well as planks-full-of-pain and crunches-equally-unpleasant. Good workout. 

Today I did a new Youtube dance-workout... Kpop! It included Gangnam style and lots of other (parts of) songs. Really, really good fun. This one :D 

So, I'm ready to start my challenge, I think. 

I'll get in a workout tomorrow, then probably on Wednesday morning... We're going to spend a few days away in a hotel in a nearby town, we'll go to the zoo together (hubby will show me around, I've never been to that particular zoo and he's been loads of times when he was younger). I know the hotel has a gym, which I may go to, just to experience a hotel-gym, but I'm not sure I'll get in a great workout there. But as long as I get Monday and Wednesday done I'll be okay for my squat goal. 

Pull-up practice? I'll work on it! :D 

I intentionally won't count the days away as 'no internet days', because the point is to be productive and happy at home etc. 

• Like 2

Sounds like you had a great week :). I'm DOMS-free now, but I had tons of it Thursday and Friday as well. The zoo is a beautiful zoo compared to the others I've been to, especially the penguin part is nice :).

Keep us up to date about the pull-ups! They seem impossible at first, but after a while you will see progress :D.

Woot! Got my first workout of the week in.

I went to the gym and did squats (after warm up, 3 x 10 @ 52.5) and then I did bench (3 x just the bar, 3 x 10 @ 22.5). 

I felt tired and kind of weak, so I did 2 rounds of planking and some crunches before cooling down and getting out of there :D I love that my main goal is simple atm, get the squats in and I'll at least get that goal. My body told me it's also really quite enough for today, so I think I did great today :D

Already spent about 20 seconds of hanging around working on my chin-up/pull-up goal today (yes, 20 seconds 'already'. It's a start. I'll do more today or tomorrow, it doesn't count as a session yet :P)

:( Also had to spend 50 euros(!!!) on a new (all colours) cartridge for our stupid printer. I swear, they're a necessary evil but it's silly that buying new ink is almost as expensive as buying a new printer. Blah! The good news is... I had to get the ink because we need to print our confirmation for our mini-holiday-hotel-stay and to print the tickets for going to the zoo in Emmen :D :D Awesomesauce. And tomorrow we're going to a restaurant to celebrate I've worked for a whole year (even though I'm out of a job at the moment, oh well). So it's a feast-week, kind of. (Also, August 20th, still a bitttt far away, we'll celebrate our two year anniversary of our marriage :))

• Like 2

That's a lot of awesome in the last paragraph! Except for the printer cartridge...

About Me)

Usually, there is more ink in a new cartridge than in the cartridge you get when buying a new printer. Also, ink is often cheaper online (I've got good experiences with 123inkt.nl) or if you refill your old cartridge. But yeah, printer ink stays VERY expensive.

Congratulations on your good start :). 20 seconds is not nothing at all, I doubt that I can hang much longer than that ;)(Edit: 24 seconds is my maximum at the moment). Love the celebration month! Have fun in Emmen :D.

I bought it at 123inkt ^^ , but we wanted an original cartridge because last time we tried a generic one our printer stopped working (99 % chance that was a coincidence, but now we're scared of the generic ones :P). 

I just did my first 'proper' session at the pull-up bar... Another 20-ish second of hanging around (holding the bar with my hands facing my face (lol) is a lot more difficult - I've always been practicing with my hand facing away from me). I also did 4 assisted ones (saw them mentioned as squat-chin-ups in a video online) but my steps are just a tiny bit too small to allow me to go all the way up. Annnnd, 1 negative. I feel my problem-spot (upper right back/towards shoulder) already, so that's disappointing. 

Now... a thunderstorm is coming in within minutes, and I'm out of veggies (save for zucchini, which the husband does not like). I guess it's time to be creative with the zucchini and see if I can get him to eat it, haha :) 

• Like 1

There's tons of things you can make with courgette, so I'm sure you can come up with something :). Worst comes to worst, you can make a soup of it and tell him it's broccoli soup ;).

About the chin ups: the first part was also very difficult for me, but after some time (~5 weeks) of doing assisted pull ups, I could suddenly do negatives and even a full one. Just keep practicing and you will get there eventually. :)

The thunderstorm will arrive here in about half an hour, I hope for my boyfriend that he'll get home before it starts ;).

Hello fellow Positivity Group 2-er!

omg, that picture of that guy with all the cats....buwhahahahaha....

There's some good advice around here...I've been deadhanging for grip strength, but I never thought of also doing those shoulder lifts or using negatives to practice the one legged squat!

I concur on the smith machine for help, too.  I use that for inverse rows, and that's my little way of working up to a pull-up.  It's also the only thing that a smith machine is good for ;)

Good luck with the squats!  They're my fave.  I joke with people at work that the answer to everything...is squats!

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Thanks! 

Haha yeah, I searched for cats on google and that image was so weird and yet awesome I had to use it :D 

I had a sort of surprise-exercise 'day' today. I felt kinda blah and my husband was going out for a run. He invited me to join him, and I did. He ran 8 stretches (best guess about 400 m), I joined for the first 4, and about half of the other 4. And I got some Vit D :) 

• Like 2

So, today. Time to go on our mini-holiday, but not before I get in squat workout #2 for this week. It was not as epic (/decent) as Monday, I'm afraid.

I managed 1 full set (10 @ 52.5) and just felt so weak, a little dizzy and out of breath I decided to do two more sets @ 5 reps instead of 10. Did focus extra on form and depth. So it was a squat workout and I did that, but it wasn't great. 

Also did some deadlifts @ 35 (2 sets of 10), barbell rows (3 sets of 10 @ 30 kgs), some lunges (2 sets of 10, forward and backward, with 7 kgs/hand) and some planking as well as crunches. 

Pull-up practice happened on Monday and Tuesday, mayyybe if I get bored and still want to check out the hotel gym (check out at least? Doh!) I'll do some more of that. 

We'll have wifi, but I'm going to say 'See you all on Friday!' anyways! :)

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines