Pretzle Purrrrs closer to Perrrrfection

Pretzle

I'm backkkkk! It was great. Lots and lots of walking yesterday (with a few 5-10 minute break for sitting), definitely around 7 hours worth of it. Feet where painful after that, but my Xeros served me just fine :)

I still need to do some pull-up work today, but before getting around to that it's picture time first!

10525380_10204712768767810_5166010505397

What we did after all the walking (cold water! Lovely!)

Spoiler tag because huge and lots of pictures!

Hotel in the distance.

10565204_10204712754687458_8075799184546

Me pretending to be upset at our dinner choice ;) (we rarely eat Mc or Burger King fastfood, so when we do it's a real treat :))

10450610_10204712755847487_8916358450651

Me writing a postcard to parents & grandparents

10565163_10204712756927514_6396384190328

The husband showing his pulling strength. (He got 174 kgs, I managed (only?) 75

10524311_10204712760327599_2868153379973

Pretzle pretending to be a Marabou

10313711_10204712761887638_8155528515732

And apparently chickens(?) are sealife. (According to the Emmen zoo).

10445492_10204712767727784_2211694218303

Pull-up stuff: 

Short session (plenty for now I'm afraid xD)

2 x 30 seconds of active hanging (I guess... Moved around a bit, tensed everything properly and tried to raise myself the meager few centimetres that I can, several times)

1 x 15 seconds (hands starting to get sweaty, slipped)

2 negatives - 1 negative pull-up, 1 negative chin-up, as slow as I can.

• Like 2

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors

Hey there :) 

I'm at my parents' place at the moment (hubby could use some alone-time (he's quite the introvert) and it was a good weekend to go visit them, so why not). 

Yesterday I did a TINY 'workout' before showering, 10 push-ups, squats, lunges and some hanging around on the stairs to the attic (pull-up practice, hehe!) Other than that I've joined in on every walk-the-dog event and I'm just relaxing and enjoying my time here :)

I'll have to decide which day this week will be a no-internet day. At the moment I think Wednesday or Thursday sounds great for that.

• Like 1

I wouldn't call it a TINY 'workout', I'd call it a small workout. Of course it is not a full standard workout, but it is much more than nothing. You even incorporated all muscle groups except for core (unless you count push ups as core exercises).

Have a nice time with your parents and stay positive :).

I wouldn't call it a TINY 'workout', I'd call it a small workout. Of course it is not a full standard workout, but it is much more than nothing. You even incorporated all muscle groups except for core (unless you count push ups as core exercises).

Have a nice time with your parents and stay positive :).

Waanie, you are AWESOME! Thanks for all the encouraging words :) 

• Like 1

Pull-up practice at my parents consisted of ... simply hanging around as long as possible (on stairs, so it's not a bar and more difficult because of it). It wasn't long, but I'll count it as a session as I don't have anything else available here.

Also did the k-pop dance workout again :) Funny how much shorter it seems now I know the songs.

Nice pictures! Looks like a great holiday :)

Hanging on stairs is really hard, very good practice I reckon.

It's nice to get a break from each other every so often, makes it nicer to see each other again :)

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl dusts off her competition skills

my instagram - my gym's instagram

I'm back home! And I've set my eyes on those chin-ups!

I did a 10 minute set of practice, consisting of negatives & assisted chins. I think a chin-up might be possible during this challenge. If I start about half way I can actually drag myself up *big surprise there*. 

There's a lot of work left to do, especially before a pull-up will happen, but I can see actual progress! 

Pull-up/chin-up work: 2/3 (will aim for 4-5 this week)

Tomorrow will be a no internet day. Looking forward to it... I got two new books from the library, I need to visit the gym tomorrow and probably do groceries. 

• Like 2

Wow, no-internet days: 1/3

It was quite the challenge yesterday, surprisingly. I was done early with some of the chores, weather turned horrible late afternoon so I decided not to go grocery shopping. After dinner I very much felt like turning the PC on and just browsing for a bit - I had done what I had wanted to do, after all. But... It's part of the challenge, so I can't! In the end I enjoyed my evening by reading, watching my hubby play a game or two of LoL and spending some quality time together. Glad I'm back online now, though!

I also went to the gym yesterday. 

Squatting: 

After a warm up I did 3 sets of 10 - first set with 55 kgs, then I went down to 52.5 for the remaining two sets. A good choice, I think!

• Like 1

Getting there for this week :D 

Squatting: 

Managed 3 sets of 10 with 55 kgs today! :D Finally getting the weight up again, slowly and with much better form!

Also did 1 set of 9 (not quite 10!) with 25 kgs for benching today :) 

Annnnd while I was there anyway I did 5 negative chin ups :D

So that makes

Squatting 2/2 for the week

Pull-up/chin practice 3/3 (will try to do one more)

... I'm sort of eyeing the fitbit flex. Butttt it's a bit expensive and not really necessary. Perhaps as an end-of-challenge gift to myself. If you happen to have one, do you like it? 

I've had 2 fitbits. I love them, except for one killer problem - I've lost both of them. Fitbit seems to have a lot of trouble making gadgets that stay attached after they've been in use for a while. (The plastic they use becomes increasingly flexible? Very stiff when new, but ...)  It appears that the flex has the same clasp as the one I lost most recently. It was a Fitbit Force.)

I'm now using a Basis Band - I swear at it constantly, but they replaced the one that kept falling off my wrist, and the replacement doesn't have that issue. Basis' web site is failure prone,  they count steps but not miles, it can't count stairs, and the charging cradle is a PITA. IIRC, it also cost more than either fitbit. But I still have it, unlike 2 fitbits.

FWIW, I'll probably try again with fitbit, if the next gadget they come up with meets my requirements/desires. Certainly if I manage to lose the basis band, or it dies out of warranty, fitbit will be the first replacement I consider.

Level 6 Dark Elf Ranger

STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 16 | CON 10 | WIS 13 | CHA 6

Current Challenge  Battle Log   Past: 5 4 3 2 1 0.1

Thanks :) I've also looked into the UP-  which looks brilliant... But... I need something that can sync to my laptop or desktop. If nothing changes I think I'll go with the fitbit flex :) 

--- 

I did 2 negatives and one 1/4 of the way up chin-up. 

Ok, rant incoming... Skip if you dislike blahdiblah-ing or negative talk. 

So... Yesterday I tried to go to bed at 8.30, clearly failed and I got back out of bed to read a bit, eat instant noodles (ugh) and browse until 23.30. Why did I want to go to bed that early? I was bored out of my mind and feeling pretty 'blah' (which is just another word for depressed as F...)

Today wasn't much better. We went to church in the morning (religion used to be very important to me, now I either don't care (believe but don't care where I'll end up) or am not sure I believe at all. I feel like blaming the meds, but I think it's more than that. Either way, it makes everything seem even more useless (because if religion isn't true, there's no reason at all why I have to stay around, in my logic). After church I had a pretty decent hour, had lunch and then had a nap. Which should've been half an hour. Apparently I slept through my alarm (which randomly goes very quiet, I have to say) 3 times! So I woke up rather late, at half past four. I hope that won't ruin my sleep tonight... 

After that? Made dinner, I quite liked it (fennel potato bake), husband ate it but doesn't like it. I got annoyed with that, didn't fight or anything, but just made me annoyed with him. After dinner...? Ouch. I'm irritated, 'angry' (not even sure if it's anger, just a very, very restless feeling making me want to hit myself, scratch myself or just jump around like a crazy person until my heels hurt from jumping. Stuff I do NOT do, but it makes me want to.) It made me wonder why (always does, but now I have a theory). Husband told me to go take a walk, I did. It probably helped a little. I dragged myself around the neighbourhood at speed 3-out-of-10 (if 10 is normal) and then came back home, did some pull-up work (like... 3 total tries) and had a shower. I'm still restless with this horrible feeling in my stomach. And just annoyed, so very very angry/irritated/annoyed. 

Now... Friday I got this book out of the library 'Leven in je leven' ('Reinventing your life' is the English title). This is a book my therapist recommended to me before she went on holiday. I started reading it Friday and read quite a bit of it yesterday, too. It's about 11 common pitfalls/patterns that can cause problems in your life. I did the general test and ehh, out of 11 there's only ONE pitfall that does not seem to apply at all. 3 or so seem to have played a role in my childhood but not so much anymore... Which leaves ehhh... 7, of which 3-4 pretty huge ones. I knew I had problems, but that many different things? So... I wonder if reading this book is causing my current emotional state. And other than that, therapy is starting again this week and I have some other appointments. Immediately (now that I have ANY appointments other than things like 'meet my parents' 'meet with NF people' (basically... all 'fun' stuff) I'm so very tired, stressed and feel like nothing has any use again. 

And that after thinking I was really doing better over the last few weeks... 

---

Just needed to rant, I guess.

• Like 1

Ok, slightly more positive update, although I'm not feeling it :( 

Yesterday I did 4 negative chin-ups, meaning I got one session of pull-up/chin-up work done. 

Today I 'had' to go to the gym, REALLY didn't feel like it, but after complaining and asking my hubby if I should go (Yes.) I went. 

I was grumpy during warming up, grumpy during my squats (but I did do 3 sets at 55 kgs!). Then I felt a bit better during bench (25 kgs! FINALLY... I did 1 set of 10, 1 of 8 and the last one of 7, but still :)). Did one set (x 10) of deadlifting @ 40 kgs and then did some planking and crunches and 5 negative chin-ups and got out of there. 

So 

Squatting 1/2 this week

Pull-up work: 2/3

Other than that small victory I still FEEL horrible, but at least I did my workout.

• Like 2

When you feel horrible, it's time to look what is good at the moment ;).

You did really well by going to the gym and completing your workout! It's Tuesday, and you have only one big workout left to do this week :). Also, the weather is sensible. There are bound to be more positive things in your life!

• Like 1

Once again, didn't feel like going to the gym - but I did!

Squats

After warming up... 3 x 10 @ 55 kgs (same as last time, but a lot easier and with better form). Next week it's time to try and level up a bit :) 

Annnd I did barbell rows (3 x 10 @ 35 kgs)

Then I wanted to bench, people just left... our very own huge-muscular gym guy takes the (yes only) bench :( I decide to do some planking and ab stuff first (probably not the best order, but oh well). And... he's still busy, I can't think of anything else to do (don't want to do lunges!) so I start my cooling down. After 5 minutes on the epiliptical he's still there (good for him, he's STRONG!). But, I came in there for squats, and I did squats. So whatever :D

(Pull-up bar was also taken, so will need to do one session at home tomorrow or Sunday).

Squatting 2/2 this week.

• Like 2

Yesterday I had a great day, I went shopping in Almere with my best friend. We had two options, go back before 4, or stay longer and eat something there (because of the discount for the train etc ;)). We decided to eat there! We had tapas (a first time thing for me) and I tried lots of stuff, the meal was lovely. 

Today I had therapy... I thought at 11, but at 10.15 I checked the appointment list and noticed it was 10.30... Oops! So I quickly cycled over there and was 7 minutes late. I didn't stress out about that though, my therapist picks me up 5-10 minutes late every single time, so I figured it'd be ok for me to be slightly late, once, too. It was ok, but I think the combination of riding my bike a bit (too) quickly and again a rather intense session gave me a headache. 

I went to get a (long overdue) haircut and afterwards I went straight to the gym. Headache had developed a bit, so I quickly did what I had to do (+ lunges, because the squat rack was taken at first) and got out of there.

I did: 

Weighted lunges 3 x 5 (each leg, back and forth) at 16 kgs. 

Squats (after warming up at bar, 40 kgs, 50 kgs, 55 kgs) 

3 x 10 @ 57.5 kgs! That's 2.5 kgs more than last time, and it was very doable :D headache was annoying though. 

Annnd I also did 5 negative pull/chin-ups (4 pull-ups and one chin-up actually, I wasn't thinking about hand placement and did negative pull-ups instead for the first 4). 

So that means squatting 1/2 for the week and pull-up practice 1/3. 

I need a no-internet day this week, I'm not sure yet when... Hmmm... 

• Like 1

Hey! Sorry I missed so much..

It's awesome you went to the gym so often despite everything, and you're making very great progress!

Hope things are looking up.. Isn't it your birthday? Hope you have a very very nice day then!

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl dusts off her competition skills

my instagram - my gym's instagram

I've never eaten tapas at a restaurant, but the few times I ate them with friends they were very tasty :).

I'm sorry to hear about your head ache. In my experience, those head aches go away after either some rest, a good meal or a good night's sleep. I hope it is gone by now!

By now it is ;) It did get worse and I slept between 6 and 8 pm to get rid of it. Stupid headaches!

Hey! Sorry I missed so much..

It's awesome you went to the gym so often despite everything, and you're making very great progress!

Hope things are looking up.. Isn't it your birthday? Hope you have a very very nice day then!

Not my birthday ;) 

Progress... Yeah, it doesn't feel like it sometimes, it's a bit slow (I think), but as long as there IS progress, hm? 

... Second time squatting this week might not work out. But I think that'd be ok. Yesterday I was still a bit too sore from Tuesday's workout (not just DOMS, also a bone in my shoulder/back that got a bit too much of the bar last time, I'm afraid) so I decided to wait until today. But... Now I made arrangements with a friend, she's coming over to play Stepmania (free version of DDR) with me :D After that I'll go clean for 2 1/2 hours at my church, which is also active. Annnd I'm probably going to visit my parents tonight (for the whole weekend), so no squatting will take place. But, as I said, that's ok!

Other than that, yesterday I worked in the garden for a bit (got rid of my tomato plants... all the tomatoes burst because of too much water with all the rain we've been having) and I did a proper session of pull-up practice. I did some hanging around and then did some partial (!!!) chin-ups :D I definitely can't do a full one yet, but if I stand on the highest step I can actually raise myself the rest of the way (slightly less than 1/2 a chin-up, I think). The feeilng when you're moving up and actually get over the bar is prettttty awesome :D 

Pull-up practice: 2/3

• Like 2

Too bad about the tomatoes :(. I do get plenty of tomatoes, since mine are on the balcony. The plants look a little sad, but the tomatoes are tasty.

Good job on your chin up :). Doing the upper half of a chin up is already a big step!

It seems like you're doing all kinds of exercise these days. Gardening, cleaning and even stepmania :). Stepmania is awesome, although I'm pretty horrible at it... It's a good workout for your calves though, especially if you don't have the metal pads.

1369774925_792b25013907b5f2a6ec0cf9bd9a0

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines