Tialoredron Becomes Superhuman [Short of Superhero]

Tialoredron

Previously:

Overall goal: 75% completed

Lessons Learned: Seperation of having main goal and sub goals helped dramatically improve focus.  Missing out on one week also set me back pretty darn far, but because of good focus on goals, I was able to jump right back in and finish the week strong.

Steps Forward: Break PR’s on lifts, knockout some more main quest goal lines. Strive to work out a minimum of 3 times per week focusing on strength and 2 times per week to run interval sprints or distance. Build the habit of posting the day/week results. Discussion below regarding goal completion and level advancement

Main Quests:

Work out to improve overall health, document and improve personal record of weighted workouts, improve running to run 5k [30:05 Accomplished on 9 June 2014], 10k, perhaps half marathon, Ruck march 20 miles in full battle weight (Civil War soldier inspired, can be modern soldier weight). Become proficient with bow, hand gun, and long arms (rifles and shotguns). Learn a martial art; learn a sword style. Learn a second language; learn a third language. Earn a Master's degree. Dive Florida Keys; Dive Australia/Great Barrier Reef; Dive Japan. (Keeping this list as my living document)

Fitness:

• Gym Workouts 2x/week (STR +3, DEX +1, CHA +1)
    • Workout 3x/week [bodyweight/gym] (STR +1, DEX +2 in addition to above)
  • Run 2 miles in one session 1x/week (STA +2)
    • Aerobic workouts 2x/week (CON +1, STA +2)

Life Quest:

• Complete Mega-Man Jedi Cosplay Costume before Dragon Con (CHA +2) [pics will occur; working with a friend, need to get the cannon frame and robes done and start working it on my own]
  • Schedule a Bod Pod [no stats; just learned one is available]

Notes:

A - 100% - x1

B - 75% - x.75

C - 50% - x.5

D - 25% - x.25

F - 0% - x0

Upcoming Schedule Issues:

PT Test; I would like to accomplish it sometime next month, in which I will abandon all goals/workouts the week of/prior to focus on the test. I will not count that week against me as the PT Test is still working out, but for performance as opposed to attrition/improved performance.

Dragon-Con; Last weekend of August/first weekend of September; spending money stupid, but want to do so I will need to save up and manage my finances extremely well. I am working on paying off my credit card currently and hoping to have it paid off next month in time for Dragon Con. I know, not a great strategy, but I am financially secure enough to swing this one large expenditure. Plus, this is my first Con in which I will have serious money. First Con was a gaming/D&D Con; had fun, but I preferred the long campaign over the one and done.  Not too much to spend money on anyways. This will be four days of which I do not believe I will complete my normal schedule. I will count workouts missed against me since I should be able to work around or within Dragon Con, plenty of workouts to be done in a hotel room.

Stats:
Male
24 years young
5'11 according to the Air Force (I say I am really 6'0)
163 lbs (as of 25 July 2014)
Lean body with muscle definition

I would like to know what my BMI/BF% is now since I am noticing more definition of my muscles.  I can see the training is paying off on looks, but I don’t think my looks exactly match my potential strength.  Looking forward to pushing through my limits again and stretching for these goals.

Workouts:

Training Session:

20 seconds exercise with 10 second rest

3x :20 Pushups

3x :20 Burpies

3x :20 High Knees

3x :20 Body Squats

3x :20 Reverse Pushups

3x :20 Jump Lunges

3x :20 Reverse Lunges

Ab Attack:

20 seconds exercise with 10 second rest

3x :20 Air Bike

3x :20 Mountain Climbers

3x :20 Hand-on-ground Sit ups

3x :20 Sit Ups

3x :20 Left Side Crunch

3x :20 Right Side Crunch

3x :20 Double Leg Lifts

3x :20 Beach Bodies

3x :20 Center Plank

3x :20 Right Side Plank

3x :20 Left Side Plank

20 Minute Drill:

15 Body Weight Squats, 10 Pushups, 5 Pull ups

Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes

Vert Jump Workout:

Weights to be included

5x10 Cleans superset with 5x10 Front Squat

5x10 Back Squat

Chest Attack:

Weights to be included

2x10 Dumbbell Press Warmup weight

2x10 Dumbbell Press Medium Weight

2x8 Dumbbell Press Medium+ Weight

1x6 Dumbbell Press Heavy Weight

5x10 Slanted Bench Press superset with Pushups

Back Attack:

Weights to be included

2x10 Deadlift Warmup

5x10 Deadlift

4x10 Straightleg Deadlift

4x10 T-Bar Row

4x10 Row

Leg Destroyer:

Weights to be included

2x10 Back Squats Warmup Weight

10x10 Back Squats Medium Weight

Kettle Bell Workout:

7 rounds of each exercise working out 30 seconds on 20 seconds off of Kettle Bell Swing, Burpies, and then Kettle Bell Squats

Interval Sprints:

6x400m

Pyramid Sprints

1x200m

1x400m

1x600m

1x800m

1x800m

1x600m

1x400m

1x200m

• Like 1

Half-elven Ranger

Current Challenge: Jumpin' back in the fray

I'm trying to envision mega man as a Jedi, and it just keeps coming up awesome. Can't wait to see the pics!

Level 0 Air Nomad Assassin
STR: 0 STA: 0 DEX: 0 CON: 0 WIS: 0 CHA: 0

Current Challenge: [Url= http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/80570-phayze-accepts-an-apprenticeship-as-an-airbender-respawn/]Apprentice Airbender![/url]

Check Out My LEGO Stuff on Flickr!
"The next golden age of human achievement begins here and now" -Neil Degrasse Tyson, Cosmos

I just hope I do it justice, working out has definitely improved my self-body image and confidence to do it. Frame still needs to be completed, but initial concept is a left-hand cannon with a dark blue-hilt, light-blue lightsaber, along with cloth boots, light-blue undershirt/shirt and dark blue robe.

Schedule for the week:

Monday - Gym Workout [back Attack]

Teusday - 2 Mile Run

Wednesday - Gym Workout [Chest Attack]

Thursday - Body Weight Workout [Abs primary]

Friday - Unit PT/Run Day/Bike Day

Workout clothes are in the truck, waiting to be used this afternoon.

Half-elven Ranger

Back Attack went well, but  Iwill need to add on some weight on my DL for next workout:

2x10 DL 45 lbs

5x10 DL 85 lbs

4x10 Straightleg DL 85 lbs

1x5 5 lbs row [each arm]

4x10 20 lbs row [each arm]

2x1:00 minute row machine sprint; 553 meters "traveled" at 8 resistance

I felt that I should be able to row more than just 20 lbs on each arm, but I felt it was a good weight as I struggled to row the last few on each rep.  Next time I will try 25 lbs and see how it goes

Looking forward to getting back home and running 2 miles!

Half-elven Ranger

Hooray for bonus productivity! Maybe I should check in on the mini - I've been running with my dog pretty regularly. Might be able to help out.

Beef stew can't make the pain go away, but it will soothe. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Level 0 Air Nomad Assassin
STR: 0 STA: 0 DEX: 0 CON: 0 WIS: 0 CHA: 0

Current Challenge: [Url= http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/80570-phayze-accepts-an-apprenticeship-as-an-airbender-respawn/]Apprentice Airbender![/url]

Check Out My LEGO Stuff on Flickr!
"The next golden age of human achievement begins here and now" -Neil Degrasse Tyson, Cosmos

And now for something completely different; Blood drive today and seeing that I am O+, I almost feel it a duty to donate blood.  Also as benefit, the blood drive van was at a location I needed to be at; efficiency at its finest! Anywho, blood pressure taken and showed a normal 121 mm Systolic over desirable 76 mm Diastolic blood pressure and in three days time I can find out how much cholesterol is running through my blood.

Half-elven Ranger

So, bad idea of going to the gym same day after donating blood and expecting to perform the same, I only accomplished 70/100 85 lbs Back Squat before I realized I was having a bad time between my hamstrings still being sore [normally wouldn't have been an issue at this point, but with an additional pint of blood removed; not the best combination for a workout].  I will still count this as a successful gym experience with completing well over half of the workout along with 20 45 lbs Back Squats and uncounted Body Weight Squats as warmup and throughout the workout in between sets.

Sports Pt had no issues to report today, but I am considering going for a walk/jog/run this afternoon/evening.

Half-elven Ranger

Week 1 Summary:

2/2 Gym Workouts 100% A

3/3 Strength Training 100% A

1/1 2 Mile Run [16:00] 100% A

2/2 Aerobic Training 100% A

0 Costuming 0% F [hoping to make some progress this weekend]

0 Bod Pod 0% F [Not scheduled]

6 Week Progress

2/12 Gym Workouts 16.67% F

3/18 Strength Training 16.67% F

1/6 2 Mile Run 16.67% F

2/12 Aerobic Training 16.67% F

0/1 Complete Costume 0% F

0/1 Bod Pod 0% F

Workouts have been going well, but I feel that Dragon Con is quickly approaching and I need to work on my costume.  Hopefully I am only freaking myself out, but in the end if it isn't ready then it isn't ready and I can prepare it for the next Con. I am also moving my PT Test to the end of August from September and hoping to move it to April next year if all goes well.  I feel I am completely prepared to rock the PT Test [scoring above 90], but I would like to perform with 95.

Half-elven Ranger

Just realized I destroyed my schedule by performing the the Leg Destroyer instead of Chest Attack...whoops. I will blame that on missing a pint of blood from the body then. Anywho...

Schedule for the week:

Monday - Gym Workout [Chest Attack]

Teusday - 2 Mile Run

Wednesday - Gym Workout [Leg Destroyer]

Thursday - Body Weight Workout [Abs primary]

Friday - Unit PT/Run Day/Bike Day

I wasn't able to find my workout shorts this morning, so it looks like it will be time to afford some workout gear.

Half-elven Ranger

Took a bit too long shopping and comparing prices; ended up having the gym close before I got in, so I decided to go on a run.  2000L and still 83 degrees F here in Florida for 16:54 minutes for 2 miles and I am/was completely drenched in sweat.  Nearly a full minute slower than last week; perhaps I should consider heat/humidity as serious factors to my runs as I ran the exact same trail/road route.

In any case, time to prep for tomorrow and make sure I have my workout clothes ready.

Half-elven Ranger

I am thinking of changing up my workouts again; instead of doing my Abs workout, I am thinking of finding a Crossfit WOD for bodyweight movements. I know it is only one day of Crossfit when it should be an entire week, but I think it is time to change my circuit drill.  Another change I want to do is to add in a run on Friday on top of Unit PT.  So long as I arrive at least 30 minutes before show time [which I normally aim for] I can at least run for 10-15 minutes getting an additional 1.5-2 mile run in on the week.

I don't think there is anything particularly wrong with my schedule right now, but I feel that I am able to handle the higher payload.  Who knows, could be fun!

• Like 1

Half-elven Ranger

Yesterday's workout went extremely well, definitely making gains as it is getting easier to push those weights

1x10 20 lbs dumbbell press with 5-10 second holds at top

1x10 20 lbs dumbbell press

2x10 25 lbs dumbbell press

2x10 30 lbs dumbbell press

2x8 40 lbs dumbbell press

1x6 45 lbs dumbbell press

1x7 20 lbs slanted dumbbell press

4x10 15 lbs slanted dumbbell press

I was even able to work on my costume yesterday as I was invited/kidnapped [jk] to the costuming party. I still have a few more items to cut for my robe, but the sleeves and cape front and back are cut out [need to cut out the yoke and hood].  I have a morphsuit that I will be wearing, but I will neet to cut the head and make sure it is still wearable afterwards.  I will estimate that I have about 10% of the effort done at this point, not really sure how much effort must go into sewing, but I still need to finish the canon frame and start the paper mache process.

Lost my mind this morning and left my workout gear home; looks like I will be doing a bodyweight workout at home. This is probably for the best as I am very opposed to back-to-back gym days unless I am going for super fatigue.

• Like 1

Half-elven Ranger

I am at the point where I am just struggling on the last rep of the 45 lbs; not confident enough to attempt 50 lbs just yet, but it will get there. I skipped 35 lbs due to another awesome athlete keeping it up.  Pretty sure the dude is in his late 40's at least and I see him constantly working out with those 35's; haven't spoken to him but I noticed he did have his own routine he was following and he seems to be getting in a good workout. He doesn't really know it, but he is my inspiration for working out and I hope my memory relies on him when I move out and get old to continue working out in my old age.

Down the line goal is to be able to at least press my bodyweight [165 lbs; 80-85 lbs].

• Like 2

Half-elven Ranger

Pressing your own body weight is a great goal I hope the same eventually (~80kg/185lbs) not going to be any time soon but keep at it and we'll get there.

Race: Undead Gnoll | Class: Ranger

[Level: 3 | STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 4 ]

Intro: And Breath.. Challenges: #1,#2,#3(FAIL),#4

You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.

-Edwin Louis Cole

Well, perhaps it will take a bit longer to get there; left my workout gear at home again.  I think I need to get to bed earlier as I am finding myself hitting the snooze alarm more often and wacking up in panic that I am running late.

Kettlebell Workout went well enough last night at least.  Suffered through 7 rounds of swings, burpees [without kettlebells] and front squats with two gallons of water as my "kettlebells" and :30 on, :30 off for 21 minutes.

Half-elven Ranger

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines