The Renaissance Rebels - The Creative Rebel's Atelier [Cross Guild]

Do you have a creative quest among your challenge goals?

Then join this ragtag, eccentric group of nerds to level up

your health and fitness habits and your creativity.

Sure, that's a lot of balls to juggle over the course of six weeks,

but it's a lot easier and more fun when you've got buddies!

YOU are invited to join

The Renaissance Rebels

for fitness, fun, creativity, and camaraderie!

RRRLogo.png

You can check out previous Renaissance Rebels challenge threads: 12345, and 6. If it looks like fun, signup on the Cross Guild page and post a reply below to introduce yourself. We're happy to have you!

• Like 2

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Hi! I'm ShadowLion. I'm a nerd who plays music, writes, draws, and does fiber arts.

My current Main Quest is to be able to fight fires again. That means getting into serious shape and that's why I am on a 40 week program designed to get me "fire fit." That will finish up just ahead of the Arizona Wildfire Academy in March of 2015 where I will take the necessary classes, and soon thereafter, test to get my "Red Card." That will qualify me to work on a hand crew or engine crew for the 2015 wildfire season in the western US.

My someday dream is to go back to the mountains of northern Arizona and build a little cabin in the pines. In the meantime, I live in Phoenix, Arizona, where I teach kids how to play music and pursue my fitness and creative quests. This is my ninth challenge (all as a Ranger) and my seventh with the Renaissance Rebels.

• Like 2

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Okay, gonna sign up again. Gotta get home to my home computer to do the actual sign-in. :)

Hi everyone! *waves* I'm Annie. This challenge is going to involve surgery recovery, mostly. Range of motion, stretching, and balance. And writing!

I've had word goals before, but they were not very effective. This time, I'm going with a time goal: write for 15 minutes a day, whether with keyboard or pen and paper. My hope is to start a habit that I can stretch into longer writing times.

I'll still be working on my sewing, and I'll post pics here. I just don't want to make it part of the challenge grading this time around.

Looking forward to a great challenge! :D

• Like 1

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

Hi ShadowLion and Annie, I'm Wayward, or Darius, or D... whichever you prefer :)

This sounds like one of the places I would like to hang out, I love creativity. I'm a writer, been writing since I was 10. I am currently working on a triology of books, the first one finished, the second one in work.  My life quest side this challenge is finishing that second book, so a creative place to be accountable to and get encouragement sounds right up my alley.

Looking forward to spending time with you all. :)

• Like 2

People always say, "When the time is right..." or "I'm waiting for the perfect..." Guess what the right time never comes along, the perfect moment, guy, gal or opportunity will never drop into your lap. Don't wait, start now. Do what is necessary, then what's possible... and suddenly you're doing the impossible.

Wayward Son

Level 1 Barbarian Shaman

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

Wayward Son on Facebook | Wayward Son on Fitbit

Weight Loss : Current weight (240lbs) Goal weight (185lbs)

0%
0%

Current WIP: Amidst Broken Hearts Current Word Count (16,353) Goal Word Count (75,000)

22%
22%

Okay, gonna sign up again. Gotta get home to my home computer to do the actual sign-in. :)

Hi everyone! *waves* I'm Annie. This challenge is going to involve surgery recovery, mostly. Range of motion, stretching, and balance. And writing!

I've had word goals before, but they were not very effective. This time, I'm going with a time goal: write for 15 minutes a day, whether with keyboard or pen and paper. My hope is to start a habit that I can stretch into longer writing times.

I'll still be working on my sewing, and I'll post pics here. I just don't want to make it part of the challenge grading this time around.

Looking forward to a great challenge! :D

Hi, Annie! The writing time goal sounds like a winner and looking forward to see more of your sewing! Heading over to your thread now to see more details on your challenge goals...

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Hi ShadowLion and Annie, I'm Wayward, or Darius, or D... whichever you prefer :)

This sounds like one of the places I would like to hang out, I love creativity. I'm a writer, been writing since I was 10. I am currently working on a triology of books, the first one finished, the second one in work.  My life quest side this challenge is finishing that second book, so a creative place to be accountable to and get encouragement sounds right up my alley.

Looking forward to spending time with you all. :)

Welcome to the Renaissance Rebels, Wayward! Great life quest and you'll find plenty more writers here for accountability and encouragement!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Heading over to your thread now to see more details on your challenge goals...

Yeee-aahhh. Um, I haven't quite finished typing it yet. I have a place holder right now, but I swear it'll be updated tonight when I get home . :-o
  • Like 2

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

Hey, just home from camping for a week and checking out all the new posts for the next challenge. I'm a knitter and it was a pretty big part of my last challenge. A few rebels suggested during the last challenge that I join the Renaissance Rebels and I think they were right, so here I am! In addition to knitting I just bought a Spirograph set, and just generally one of those people who would rather make it than buy it. Haven't put together my quests for the next challenge yet, but once I have it I'll post the link. 

• Like 3

imadork
Race: Gypsy | Class: Assassin

Current challenge

photos:

#100HappyDays 

ThingsICreate

HangBendBalance 

Sometimes mistakes are the best progress we can make.

Hello! I have a couple of creativity-related quests in my quest this time around, so I thought I would join this group for this time around. :)

My name is Kareesh, or Kar. I have a wide variety of interests, but I mainly dabble in cross-stitching, writing, and a tiny bit of painting and knitting thrown in. My creative goals cover two of those interests: 1) to write for 15 mins a day for 6 days a week, and 2) to frame the cross stitching projects which I've completed already.

The link to my current challenge is in my signature. :)

• Like 3

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

[Level: 1]

Current Challenge

double :tongue:

New thread rule that starts this challenge: 

Doublers shall post an inspirational, creativity related, or simply funny gif, photo or video in place of the doubled post.

Of course, anyone is welcome to do that anyway... :)

• Like 2

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Hey, just home from camping for a week and checking out all the new posts for the next challenge. I'm a knitter and it was a pretty big part of my last challenge. A few rebels suggested during the last challenge that I join the Renaissance Rebels and I think they were right, so here I am! In addition to knitting I just bought a Spirograph set, and just generally one of those people who would rather make it than buy it. Haven't put together my quests for the next challenge yet, but once I have it I'll post the link. 

Welcome to the Renaissance Rebels, imadork! Looking forward to seeing some of your knitting, Spirography, and DIYing!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Hello! I have a couple of creativity-related quests in my quest this time around, so I thought I would join this group for this time around. :)

My name is Kareesh, or Kar. I have a wide variety of interests, but I mainly dabble in cross-stitching, writing, and a tiny bit of painting and knitting thrown in. My creative goals cover two of those interests: 1) to write for 15 mins a day for 6 days a week, and 2) to frame the cross stitching projects which I've completed already.

The link to my current challenge is in my signature. :)

Welcome to the Renaissance Rebels, Kar! Nice variety of interests and good, doable goals. Between you and AnnieP, we've already got two writers aiming for at least 15 minutes a day, and I am sure more will be coming along soon...

• Like 2

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Back for another challenge! I'm Shatyr (or Shay) and I cross stitch, weave chain maille, write, and... there's some other stuff around here, somewhere.

This challenge, I'm hoping to make a shirt pattern out of a work shirt I basically wore to death. Gonna pick it apart, pattern it, and hopefully make myself a bunch of new work shirts (which means dyeing, eventually!)

Looking forward to it!

• Like 3

Night Elf Feral Assassin

Level 2

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Previous Challenges: 0 I Ashes in Ashenvale Current Challenge: Sleuthing in Stormtalon

Tu deviens responsable pour toujours de ce que tu as apprivoisé. - le Renard

"The Price of Discipline is always less than the Pain of Regret." -Nido Qubein

Here I am again

Im Mommawolfie, the resident crazy cat lady. I cook, can, garden, crochet, knit, occasionally sew and very occasionally write.

Got a big week of canning this week because I was slack on the weekend - marmalade, tomatoes, pickled onions and chicken stock

• Like 3

HappyCat

Race: Khajit Herder Class: Adventurer

HappyCat's Battle Log

Current Challenge: HappyCat Takes It Up A Notch 

Past Challenges: 1 2   

Accountablilibuddies:  Walking to Mordor and Back Again

Where else to find me: My Fitness Pal  Fitbit Habitica

My life is basically a whole pile of 'It seemed like a good idea at the time' thrown together

I'm Galaxy Gamer, a returning Ren-Reb. On the creative side, I craft novels and sometimes dabble in comics. On the quest side, I have tackled weight loss in previous challenges and am using this one to turn some of the fat I have left into muscle through bodyweight training. I'll be using the Angry Birds workout starting on Level 2, and also working on a new novel.

Rock on.

• Like 2

Galaxy Gamer, Level 4 Ffifnaxian Druid/Webweaver/Bard

Intro | Battle Log | Challenges: #1 - #2 - #3 - #4Current

"You may never reach your goal, but you can never quit." --R. Tarfon

I'm Rowan!  I'm a writer!  I'm a musician!  I draw and paint!  I have a challenge!  I'm writing thirty minutes a day, with the goal of submitting three short stories  for publishing in the next six weeks!  I also do a story thing on my challenge thread! I dance pretty funky too!  Let's Renaissance!  

• Like 2

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

I will be stalking around the back corners of this thread.

Lurking around, the smell of coal smoke and hot metal tarnishing everything around me.

And a sharp knife in my hand.

Just hope you never meet me in a dark corner.

• Like 4

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

I think I'm doing something wrong.  I wanted to sign up for this challenge, but the spreadsheet I keep getting is the one that was for the June 9th challenge.

• Like 1

Level 1 Hobbit. Warrior at heart

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 2|CHA 2

Desired Class/Profession: Favored Soul/Warrior

"...But if you want to get what you never got, gotta do something that you've never done" - Mary Mary "Go Get It"

"Reasons or results - you decide" - Shin Ohtake, MAX Workouts

"Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality." - Bruce Lee

"We Become What We Want to Be by Consistently Being What We Want to Become Each Day" - harlanJEN

Thanks, Kareesh!  I'm in it to win it now ^_^

• Like 2

Level 1 Hobbit. Warrior at heart

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 2|CHA 2

Desired Class/Profession: Favored Soul/Warrior

"...But if you want to get what you never got, gotta do something that you've never done" - Mary Mary "Go Get It"

"Reasons or results - you decide" - Shin Ohtake, MAX Workouts

"Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality." - Bruce Lee

"We Become What We Want to Be by Consistently Being What We Want to Become Each Day" - harlanJEN

Thanks for letting me know, Lady Senie, and for pointing people in the right direction, Kareesh!

The first post is fixed... :redface-new:

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Back for another challenge! I'm Shatyr (or Shay) and I cross stitch, weave chain maille, write, and... there's some other stuff around here, somewhere.

This challenge, I'm hoping to make a shirt pattern out of a work shirt I basically wore to death. Gonna pick it apart, pattern it, and hopefully make myself a bunch of new work shirts (which means dyeing, eventually!)

Looking forward to it!

Nice to have you back, Shatyr! Making a pattern from an existing piece of clothing is something I've always wanted to try. Looking forward to seeing how you do it!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Here I am again

Im Mommawolfie, the resident crazy cat lady. I cook, can, garden, crochet, knit, occasionally sew and very occasionally write.

Got a big week of canning this week because I was slack on the weekend - marmalade, tomatoes, pickled onions and chicken stock

Welcome back!

Can I come over to your house for dinner? That sounds like the basic ingredients to a fantastic meal!

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines