Tundralily Finds the harmony within

Ok Castle Stormer - it's time to take out the enemies that stole our princess.

76ab479cfce4a5eec7128af6f994b932.jpg

Practice your iocaine powder immunity - 

Set your attribute stats 

And let's take down these enemies!

Here we go with week four!

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

You are SO awesome! You should be so proud with the earlybird run!

It sounds like you have so many challenges that you are facing and doing so well! Focus on the positive, remember all the good and be your own motivation!!

you ROCK!

uYLrYO2.gif

• Like 1

Human Warrior

Current Bests                         Quest Goal

Squat: 91kg   (200 lbs)       Squat:    95kg 2x2 (209 lbs)
Snatch: 45kg     (99 lbs)        Snatch: 50kg (110 lbs)
         Clean & Jerk: 60kg (132 lbs)       Clean and Jerk: 65kg (143 lbs)

Level 2 | STR 5 | CON 5 | WIS 3 | CHA 4

TINSI'S Current Challenge

TINSIs Cooking and Recipe Blog!

TINSI's First Challenge!

*runs in flailing and waving like a maniac*. Come on! Come on! I will take this pitch fork, you take this shovel! We will dig our way in if we have to! *runs off screaming and chanting jibberish*.

You can do it!!!

c9b77e4e7d58913d51d7f7174d9d916c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 2 Half-Elf Ranger

STR - 2 | DEX - 3 | STA - 4 | CON - 7 | WIS - 5.5 | CHA - 0

Current Challenge

#1, #2TWburn (MFP), FitForMyTwins

Weight Loss Meter : Starting 184.7 lbs, Goal: 140

13.65%
13.65%

"Imagine with all your mind.  Believe with all your heart.  Achieve with all your might."

Hey Tundralily! I've missed you.

Stay strong, my accountabilibuddy friend. I totally feel you on the struggles of life and the love and solace you find in family, but know that you are strong and that you are becoming stronger each day.

A friend of mine got a tattoo that said "strength[en]" on her arm. I thought it was kind of odd at first until I asked her about it. She said that after she was diagnosed with MS she decided to have some visual reminder for her everyday to remind her of what she needs everyday and what she accomplishes by the end of everyday. She has strength and she is strengthening her body and mind, despite her struggles.

I know it's not the same for you, but I do hope that you can find that strength and that you strengthen your body and mind with each day. 

So here's this: 

Also, this is just to cheer you up:

mal-floral-bonnet.gif

Man, I need to rewatch Firefly!

• Like 2

- — Thister — -

Level 3, Cylon (Humanoid IntelliScout/Ranger)

STR 6 | DEX  7 | STA 7 | CON 5 | WIS 7.5 | CHA 4

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (Checking in most days, weekly updates)

"If people did not sometimes do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done." â€• Ludwig Wittgenstein

Hey Tundralily! I've missed you.

Stay strong, my accountabilibuddy friend. I totally feel you on the struggles of life and the love and solace you find in family, but know that you are strong and that you are becoming stronger each day.

A friend of mine got a tattoo that said "strength[en]" on her arm. I thought it was kind of odd at first until I asked her about it. She said that after she was diagnosed with MS she decided to have some visual reminder for her everyday to remind her of what she needs everyday and what she accomplishes by the end of everyday. She has strength and she is strengthening her body and mind, despite her struggles.

I know it's not the same for you, but I do hope that you can find that strength and that you strengthen your body and mind with each day. 

So here's this: 

Also, this is just to cheer you up:

mal-floral-bonnet.gif

Man, I need to rewatch Firefly!

I missed you too Thister! I hope your move has gone well and that things are going awesome for you this week!

This week has been so incredibly difficult for me, but I'm proud of myself for keeping it together. I need to keep focusing on self care and taking care of myself after having to leave my incredible family, not knowing when I'm going to be back again. 

I came back from being back home to find out that my temporary home is going away...The place where we are currently renting is awesome. Clean, bright, new kitchen and has been a safe place for me and my hubby to begin our marriage together.

I just found out that my landlord wants to raise our rent from $750 to 925 a month at the end of our current lease, which we can in no way afford. I'm devastated that we will have to find a new place and move before the end of September. When my hubby is starting a new school year as a teacher on September 2nd. 

I won't be around for a couple more days guys, I'm staying offline and spending some time in the mountains to recharge and find my harmony again. 

• Like 1

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

TheCutLasses-treasure_zps93cc7a43.png

Ahoy!!!  The CutLasses are sailing by to salute your taking charge and unplugging to recharge!!! To aid you in these endeavours, we be leaving you this tidbit to bring a smile to your face.  We suspect that one of these two is your landlord .....  Give thanks to Waanie for any resulting jocularity!!

cat-vs-dalek-dr-who.jpg

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

This week has been so incredibly difficult for me, but I'm proud of myself for keeping it together. I need to keep focusing on self care and taking care of myself after having to leave my incredible family, not knowing when I'm going to be back again. 

I came back from being back home to find out that my temporary home is going away...The place where we are currently renting is awesome. Clean, bright, new kitchen and has been a safe place for me and my hubby to begin our marriage together.

I just found out that my landlord wants to raise our rent from $750 to 925 a month at the end of our current lease, which we can in no way afford. I'm devastated that we will have to find a new place and move before the end of September. When my hubby is starting a new school year as a teacher on September 2nd. 

I won't be around for a couple more days guys, I'm staying offline and spending some time in the mountains to recharge and find my harmony again. 

You are amazing! It is so easy to get side-tracked during challenging times. Just remember, if you can keep it together and make it through the tough days, you are unstoppable!!

• Like 1

Human Warrior

Current Bests                         Quest Goal

Squat: 91kg   (200 lbs)       Squat:    95kg 2x2 (209 lbs)
Snatch: 45kg     (99 lbs)        Snatch: 50kg (110 lbs)
         Clean & Jerk: 60kg (132 lbs)       Clean and Jerk: 65kg (143 lbs)

Level 2 | STR 5 | CON 5 | WIS 3 | CHA 4

TINSI'S Current Challenge

TINSIs Cooking and Recipe Blog!

TINSI's First Challenge!

Weekly Update - Week 4 and 5 (combined)

The last couples weeks have been really difficult for me, and have thrown my challenge goals for a bit of a loop. Unexpected is the theme of the last couple weeks! I was at home visiting family and then came back to find out I had to move apartments after a nasty rent increase. That combined with some work stress and being incredibly homesick for home threw me into a chronic fatigue and depression flare-up (aka, the pits of despair!). No fun to put it lightly. I won't get into too many details for the sake of PTSD and other mental health triggers, but I missed the last week of work.

BUT GUYS! GUESS WHAT! I got through it! I'm not going to jump ahead of myself and say that things are epic better, but I'm climbing my mountains. In no small part thanks to you all amazing people! Thank you so much for sticking around when I wasn't here all that much. It meant a world of difference knowing that you guys were cheering me on and seeing the support on my thread even though I wasn't able to respond back. 

I know that if this happened a couple months ago, or even before my challenge started, things would of been a lot worse. I'm so proud of myself for being able to find some harmony in some tough circumstances and keep going when things got rough.

So now a recap of the shiny things! (aka my weekly gratitude journal)

- We found a new place to live that looks awesome. Cheaper rent, a better neighborhood, closer to my hubby's work and close by some good friends of ours. My favorite part is the SUN! We live in a dark basement right now and will be living on a third floor apartment that faces south. Wahoo for sunlight!

- As tough as it was to come back, I'm so grateful for the time I got to spend with my family, chosen family (aka my shield siblings for Skyrim fans :) ) and friends. I love them and miss them dearly, but am so grateful for having so many amazing people in my life 

I'm grateful for: 

- My hubby. He amazes me with his love and patience everyday 

- My fur baby! (aka the dog featured in my photo) 

- Sunshine 

- Fall leaves and the coming of fall 

- The coming season of transition to fall, which is my favorite season 

- Paddling in any form 

Challenge Quest: Finding harmony within

This is the part that needs some work for the next challenge I think. I didn't get my tracking spreadsheet up and running till recently and I've been experimenting with a bunch of different things for tracking that are actually taking away from keeping tracking of things! I've learned that focus is needed for my next challenge in the tools I use, and to set-up my spreadsheet BEFORE I start. 

So unfortunately I lack quantitative evidence of my challenges, something my scientist side is struggling with. Here's a qualitative recap of the last two weeks!  

Quest 1: Relax from the pain

I've been doing well on this front and have been carving out time to take relax and do some self care everyday this past week. The previous weeks I wasn't as sucessful. I'm curating a lovely list of things for my next challenge.

Quest 2: Calm physical, emotional and mental self

This is where I'm super proud of the progress I've made. According to my mediatation app, I've mediated 70 mins in the last week, and 45 mins the week before. This also doesn't count the time I spend foam rolling or stretching. I can feel the difference the the meditation is making and am looking forward to starting a yoga class to expand on this!

Quest 3: Harmony with body and mind by moving my body in enjoyable ways

Physically, I'm not where I would like to be but that's totally ok. This is the one that kinda fell apart this challenge. I have been active over the last couple weeks but not in a consistent or methodical way. I've enjoyed the ways that I've moved my body and I think this will be a major focus of my next challenge. That or working on a morning routine. 

Life quest: I changed my life quest to include tracking my mood everyday mid week 3 and have only missed 3 days since then. I have to admit I'm a data nerd, and love seeing how my graphs change. 

So this challenge, I've had ups and downs. I've climbed up several mountains, got some unexpected detours along the way, and got stuck in the dungeon of despair for awhile. But I fought my way out, and the general direction I am moving in is awesome! 

This next week will be about CONSISTENCY and FOCUS to finish off the challenge strong! 

• Like 1

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

You, my sweet lily, are beautiful!

Thank you for sharing your life with us this challenge!

I am so inspired by your continued progress, step by step, even when your foot slipped sometimes - you stopped, took a moment, and then, took that next step.

I am inspired!

This is week 6 - as you know...and this challenge is done and in the books.

Have you thought about the guild you will join next time? You've been tagged druids because of your meditative choices - but also Adventurers - take some time these next two weeks and see which group seems to fit with you - which group has questions in their tavern that are questions you might ask, or you might know the answers to in order to share!

And most of all - don't make this too hard - make this fun - enjoy life...

I could never live in a basement - and I miss my third floor apartment - I could watch the sun come up and set....and I would just spend time near one of our windows or on the balcony - enjoying the sun!

The next challenge starts Sept 15 - see you there!

• Like 1

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines