Rotengar’s 3rd challenge; The Ranger’s Creed

Rotengar

A bit of back story; during the last challenge life seriously went bonkers and I found that during my high pressure challenge I faltered near the end. That being said going back to a more structured plan this time around.  Recently I have started playing Assassin’s creed and training for Parkour. I should note I wanted to do Parkour before learning about Assassin’s Creed, during my off time at work I have been using the work court yard as a training area (weird looks from co-workers included.)

Main Quest: Lower BF%, continue to work on getting into shape and eatting better.

Side Quest 1;

Workouts Monday, Wednesday, Friday;

Monday: Upper Body – 3 5 Sets of the Altair workout, Build to 7 sets.

Wednesday: Full Body – 3 5 Sets of the Assassin workout Built to 7 sets.

Friday: Lower Body – 3 5Sets of the Highlander workout, Build to 7 sets.

Side Quest 2;

Saturday or Sunday – Parkour and Cardio, Run around and do parkour for a few hours if possible on the weekend. Play hard.

- Continue working on landings

- Start working on shoulder rolls (once shoulder is healed)

- Start working on wall runs

Side Quest 3;

Tuesdays:  3 5 Sets of the Superman workout, work on building up back strength.

Quest Items to find;

Calipers to find body fat percentage.

New running shoes.

Quest Locations;

Find a place to do Parkour (other than your works court yard…)

• Like 2

Race: Demi-Human

Class; Ranger Level: 3

STR:5 | DEX:5 | CON:6 | INT:1 | WIS:5 | CHA:1

Former ​Challenges: 1, 2, 3

Orcs Killed

100%
100%

Coffee challenge: Failed :(

Next up: Nerd Rumble 2015

I am Groot.

Prologue;

Rotengar clutched the satchel that carried his patron’s request as he tore through the underbrush of the forest, he was sure he lost his trackers quickly scrambling up a tree he took aim with his bow letting the arrow fly as soon as he had a clear shot, the sizeable orc didn’t see it coming and received a lifetimes supply of lead poisoning directly to the throat.

Rotengar dropped from the opposite side of the tree figuring that the beast was dumb enough to wander off on its own, the deep menacing growl to his left told him otherwise. The Warg gave pursuit as the Ranger made best of the momentary distraction and put boot to dirt as fast as he could having no arrows left and maybe he had his sword or something sharp on him since his mind raced with the possibility of being eaten by a warg it wasn't on the top of his priority list.

The chase was not long; the beast cornered him in a rock alcove, pacing back and forth. Back and forth. Rotengar sweat hard, labored breathing gave away his exhaustion he wasn't the young ranger he used to be. There was a moment where the pair locked eyes, it lunged just as he tried to launch himself into the air…the maneuver was not successful. Putrid jaws wrapped around his arm pulling him down to the ground hard, wind vacating Rotengars lungs repeatedly as he was swung around like a toy.

Vision blurring barely able to get a breath in Rotengar gripped and pulled a rock free from the ground bringing it down on the beasts eye breaking it open, the beast dropped him. His labored breathing, his pain, his fear, and something deep inside him drove him to smash the rock into the beasts head, the rock slicked with it’s black blood, until it growl became a whimper, then silence.

The rain fell cooling his body, shadows forming over him as his vision blurred…

---

“Demons run when a good man goes to warâ€

• Like 1

Orcs Killed

100%
100%

I am Groot.

Looks good Rotengar! I'll try out the workouts you list, modifying where I need to. It's fun to see how people differ in which exercises they find most difficult and what hurts most the next day.

Thanks! Mine's pretty strait forward stuff, tho the Flash and the 'Run clever boy run' workouts might help you with your running :) Which is something I will eventually have to come to face...carido and I are not friends...

Orcs Killed

100%
100%

I am Groot.

Looks like a solid plan. I had to laugh imagining your coworkers' expressions seeing you training in Parkour! 

Isn't Parkour pretty aerobic? I would think it would make a decent cardio workout, or are you just working isolated techniques? 

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Looks like a solid plan. I had to laugh imagining your coworkers' expressions seeing you training in Parkour! 

Isn't Parkour pretty aerobic? I would think it would make a decent cardio workout, or are you just working isolated techniques? 

Yes it is which was my initial ehhhhh about getting involved with it...I have a love hate relationship with cardio but it's something I do need to work on because I used to smoke when I was a teen. But yes I am doing both working on isolated techniques and actually doing parkour while doing the workout.

• Like 1

Orcs Killed

100%
100%

I am Groot.

Solid and structured workout plan! Pressure will get the best of everyone, but a structure and motivation will help.

• Like 1

-Monday workout-

3 sets of the Altair workout;

10 Supermans (no pull up bar available)

20 T arm lifts

5 Tricep Pushups

30 Second Elbow Plank

20 Plank Arm Raises

20 Plank w/ Rotations

10 Knee to elbow sits ups

10 leg raises

10 Wind shield wipers

Well this is the first time that I have ever done more than one set of this particular work out, I sweat a good deal o a good start to a new challenge. :D

• Like 3

Orcs Killed

100%
100%

I am Groot.

-Tuesday Workout-

3 Sets of the Superman workout I could have probably have gone for anouther set but my body was doing the shaking due to dehydration thing so time to stop.

Workout log;

3 sets of 40 Knee Highs

3 sets of 20 Fly steps

3 sets of 20 Squats

3 sets of 10 pushups

3 30 second elbow planks

3 sets of 10 arm plank raises

3 sets of 40 climbers

3 20 second star planks

3 sets of 10 supermans

conclusion: all the core and cardio workout, I sweat on this workout as much as I did when I first started nerd fitness...also my littlest tried doing the fly steps with me, since she just started running recently it was a cute attempt.

Also going to be Cosplaying for the first time ever at the upcoming event of Geekkon in Madison WI. Since my sewing skills are minimal and my free time is limited. I am going to be order the outfit, I will send pictures of it when I get it. :D

• Like 2

Orcs Killed

100%
100%

I am Groot.

Nice workouts. And how cute - your littlest trying it out, too!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Who're you gonna be? 

Ezio Auditore da Firenze the Assassin's Creed 3 Revelations version; mainly because outside of the costume, getting the bracer, and growing a beard there  . I am ordering the costume from Cosplay Magic since my sewing skills are lackluster and trying to provide for a family of four + 1 cat my time to actually make things is limited.

• Like 1

Orcs Killed

100%
100%

I am Groot.

So cute about your little one joining the fun. Just wait till they get a bit bigger. One of my favorite posts last challenge, QuirkyDM was talking about getting his kids to run around trails in his neighborhood while carrying around logs and finding some fun obstacles to do. Maybe your kids will be parkour ninjas with you in a couple years!

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

-Wednesday's but done on a Thursdays workout report-

Did a modified Assassins workout which is primarily muscle building, basically I took out all the jumping because I was indoors in a low (for me) ceiling environment.

3 x40 Jumping T's

3 x40 Knee Highs

3 30 sec wall sits

3 x10 Pushups

3 30 sec Elbow plank

3 x20 Mountain Climbers

Notes; At this rate I may just start advancing the goal from 3 to 4 for next week and the move up from there. Superman aside I haven't been getting much out of these.

• Like 2

Orcs Killed

100%
100%

I am Groot.

-Thursday's but done on a friday workout report-

Did a modified Assassins workout which is primarily muscle building, basically I took out all the jumping because I was indoors in a low (for me) ceiling environment.

3 x40 Jumping T's

3 x40 Knee Highs

3 30 sec wall sits

3 x10 Pushups

3 30 sec Elbow plank

3 x20 Mountain Climbers

Notes; At this rate I may just start advancing the goal from 3 to 4 for next week and the move up from there. Superman aside I haven't been getting much out of these.

You just leveled up. :P

• Like 4

Great costume. Hope your weekend is going well!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

-Friday & Weekend Report-

No workouts done Friday, had a guys night out to relax with guy friends. Had a wonderful Scotch ale called SkullSplitter ale, it was delicious.

Ran for 2 miles at a 12 minute average pace, then promptly got home and had heat exhaustion (which I have never suffered from, dehydration yes, heat exhaustion no.) We also figured out I have been fighting off a sinus infection as well as a cold/flu thing for the past two weeks...so that's been fun.

On the plus side the costume is ordered.

Resuming normal workouts today jumping to five sets for the workouts but with more reps....

• Like 1

Orcs Killed

100%
100%

I am Groot.

On the plus side the costume is ordered.

*squeal*

Seems like you have had a good weekend. Good job on running in a heat!

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines