Spazzing With Razzy

Barfly is wise. Listen to him^^^. Wow, picky neighbor,

Agreed that when you are living with your parents, it is super hard. The point I was trying to make was that forgiveness can mean you not hanging on to bitterness, but still not having to subject yourself to his rages. If you don't want your dad at the wedding that is your call, if you can stay with your friend instead of moving home than do that, and when you move out and move far away don't feel guilty about it. 

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Oh, you kids and your loud peeing drive me crazy! O.o

Take. A. Break. You've got way too much on your plate not to. Don't worry about not working out. I know it's the last thing I want to do when I'm feeling stressed.

The muscle fibers are still there, you'll gain back all of your old strength quickly, and you'll go back to your workouts refreshed and energized.

Just fuck off for a while without feeling guilty.

I decree it ;)

lol, I know, right?

Arg, I really wish I could take a break, but experience has taught me it only worsens my mood. Working out always makes me feel better. Eating clean AND working out is even better! I just gotta get back on the horse. I don't know how to describe it, it just really bumps my mood unless I'm angry about something or have gone much too long without sleep. And I feel like I've already been on a sabbatical as is.

But I do love your advice! xD I'm going to get my momentum going slowly and everything else can just feck off -- no way am I doing calorie counting just yet. I'm just gonna eat the good stuff, not eat the bad stuff and keep doing that for a while. I did a workout yesterday and it was okay. I did better than I thought I would actually, but still. I did feel a LOT better afterward, too! Maybe it's just me, I feel like I'm just on my rhythm when I'm exercising and eating right.

As for the eating right, that's going good too. I hid all the evil chocolate in cupboards. HA! And I insisted my dad kill the foul Nutella. HAHA! So those two things are gone and out of my face and I must say, I feel much better. I didn't realize how tense it was making me. Today I had mucho salad and made UNSTUFFED PEPPER SOUP! (So damn delicious.) I uh, accidentally put in more garlic & herbs than I should have, heh heh. I accidentally flipped the 'spoon' side up instead of the 'shake' side and uh.....

It was very flavorful. And probably guaranteed to keep vampires off you for the whole night! *BIG THUMBS UP*

Barfly is wise. Listen to him^^^. Wow, picky neighbor,

Agreed that when you are living with your parents, it is super hard. The point I was trying to make was that forgiveness can mean you not hanging on to bitterness, but still not having to subject yourself to his rages. If you don't want your dad at the wedding that is your call, if you can stay with your friend instead of moving home than do that, and when you move out and move far away don't feel guilty about it. 

Barfly is very wise indeed! He is strong in the Force!

I hear you loud and clear. I wasn't in a good head last time I posted. (My friend has this thing where he stays up very late at night because he goes to work around midday. He got home and started watching WWE -- at 3AM. HE promptly fell asleep in the chair but I couldn't sleep with it blaring. So... yeah. Stress on sleep deprivation is not a good cocktail.)

I just really, really want to get married and move out. Unfortunately, both our parents have made it clear there will be no moving in together until we are married. (And with me jobless and the fiance only in an internship, it's not like we could get out on our own anyway.) Sigh.... the world is super shitty right now. I read somewhere that my generation is the FIRST American generation to start off worse than their parents.

That is.... depressingly common knowledge. It still doesn't stop my parents from calling my brother and I 'adult children'. As if we desired it so.

Anyway, enough negative nancy. I feel my mood is going up and I believe tomorrow's workout will see further improvement!

Did I tell you guys about my gymnastics routine? Oh it was great. Until the music started screwing up. It would stop and go like a bad stutter about 30 seconds in. I had it all coordinated so it would match up with the music and everything. But nope! It just wasn't meant to be. But the show must go on! I finished it as planned and the teacher was nice and said the music acting up wasn't my fault, so she didn't score that against me at all.

:) I suppose it worked out okay.

• Like 1

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

......................there is some very strange magic happening around here.

I think the universe may be screwing with me for the lulz.

So, after a month of avoiding the scale and being VERY careful to never indulge in some mirror scrutiny, I hopped on the scale the other day just to see how bad it was.

And my weight?

121lbs

I honestly thought the scale was broken. What? I mean WHAT? How did I LOSE weight if I had such a spotty workout and poor eating? Maybe it was muscle.... Sense, this made none. So I finally went over to the mirror and promptly swore. I'd had this stupid image in my head and the reality was NOWHERE CLOSE.

xD

I feel stupid.

But anyway, back on the exercise track! It really DOES feel good to be back into it. My mood has drastically improved, actually. I'm all happy and so chipper I could probably make sawdust. (That was a terrible, terrible 'woodchipper' joke, and I apologize. I'll  never do that again.)

• Like 1

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

As I read your post Razzy I see you use the term i killed it, and I find myself thinking she might have really killed something. 

Hahahahahaha! Some days, buddy, I tell ya. Some days.....

OKAY SO it's been a little bit but holy shit it's hard to believe there's only 2 weeks left of school! EIGHT DAYS! And of course, creative writing class makes us write everything but something creative. And it assumes it's the only class in existence. So I know I'll be spending the rest of my 8 days frantically braining myself against the wall trying to muscle through the agony of having to write the same thing over and over, in a different but 'insightful' way and make it sound very engaged and academic, when it's really just repeating everything in 50 million slightly different ways. It's like masturbating, but that would imply it's somewhat enjoyable.

I have been keeping up with my workouts! Thanksgiving wasn't too bad, actually -- no one was killed, so that's a plus! My family is very screwed up though. xD I had my fiance and a friend come over for thanksgiving (they were working that day) and later on, they told me how strange and tense and angry the dinner was. As per usual, we never gave thanks for anything at the table. My mom is always angry, my dad is always either playing obnoxiously stupid or looking for a fight and my brother never comes out of his room unless its for coffee and food. He's so addicted to the internet, he can't even hold a conversation without trolling or reacting in over exaggerated ways, like you do online. It was a quiet meal. It's really like we're not even a family anymore.

*shrugs* I guess it happens to everyone eventually.

Anyway, my eating hasn't really gotten BAD but it could certainly be BETTER. But that's how it is when you get so busy you can't cook and have to spend endless hours writing hideous drivel. I'm sure I -- as everyone does -- have gained a bit of weight, but that always happens in the winter anyway. So I am still alive and still exercising and still plugging on... hasn't been much to report, though. Just trying to survive, as it were! *sigh*

I'm quite tired, though.

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

Hugs back, sounds like a rough day. On your dad yes, you do need to let go of bitterness and not hold on to that, because that only harms you. But, you don't have to say that his behavior is ok. Since you are still living with your parents, you have to be around him some, but when he goes into a rage, it is fine to leave the room. And later when you move out, you an set clear boundaries and let him know you won't have a relationship with him unless he stops the rages. Loving him doesn't me you have to put up with his rages. You can pray for your dad, and trust God to work a change in him, and still have boundaries around the way he treats you.

On eating healthy, hey you are doing so much better than I was at your age. I think you are WAY too hard on yourself. And you may have a bit of body dsyomorphia, cause really you are skinny. Saying that, I also hear you saying your frustrated because you aren't meeting your goals. Maybe it is time to reevaluate them and see what you can change to make them work for you. Give yourself a bit more room to have days off, where that doesn't mean you are a failure. Experiment a bit and see what plan works for you. Right now, I am tracking my food, something I thought I would never do. But, I like how then I can eat some non- Paleo food as long as it fits in my calories, and not feel guilty. Not saying that will work for you, just some times you have to try new things to see what works. And be nice to yourself. You are pretty, funny, creative, smart and have a great fiancee.

I just listened to a podcast with Gretchen Rubins and it was eye opening. She talks about our habit personality, and how we can use that to work for us, instead of against us. I plan on listening to more of her stuff. The podcast was http://balancedbites.com/2015/11/podcast-episode-217-gretchen-rubin-happy-healthy-habits/

Notwantingtohijackyou'rethread, Razz. I just wanted to say that E's advice was really wise, IMO.

...and hello hugs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Granny Nogg - Level 10 Warrior

Battle Log| Challenge 8 |Challenge 9 | Challenge 10

My Job | My Epic Quest | Instagram

"Those are not my monkeys."

Agree with you there sister!

I know, it's been a while since I've posted. I dunno what to say. I'm kinda in a rut. Was just go go go and now that I'm through with school and merely have to wait for graduation, I'm stuck solidly in the doldrums of winter with everyone else. I'm keeping myself occupied and I'm working out, but I've hit a dead end. I can't make or upgrade what I have to add resistance and.... well, the basement is a solid 56 degrees. It sucks ass working out down there. I've taken to wearing layers just to get started. Sometimes I don't take them off.

My Raynaud's is a real pain in the foot. Literally. My right foot is worst. And I'm getting these rub sores on all my toes, hell if I know why. It happens every winter since I was 11 or so. And with the Raynaud's and the sores.... my feet just hurt. But I've been biking more now. My butt is not happy about it.

Just been a bit tired lately. I fell off the food-log thing and I'm starting it up again today. Cuz I'm tired of hovering around a sloooooow weight gain and it's pissing me off.

Other than that, I'm graduating in the spring. Yay! Now I gotta find a job or something and that means making a resume and god, it's boiling my brain matter. X_X

I do not have any hope of finding an actual graphic design job soon. The economy is just in the tank -- the sewage tank. I'll just expect the worst and hope for the best.

In other news, I've joined an RP forum which has done true wonders for my writer's soul. It's a DC forum (yes, DC comics) and man am I having fun! It feels good to write again. ^_^

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

Welcome back, Razzy!!!

It's good to see you, whatever the circumstances are. Even when your life is 52 card pick up.

I'm proud of you! No matter what. Hooray for graduating this spring and being done with school.

And isn't text based rp fun? I miss it, and if I were retired I'd go back to it. Really gets the writer juices going.

sent from my tiny particle accelerator

• Like 1

Nightwatcher! Granny! 8D *SUPERGLOMPS*

Thank you, guys! xD I know, I'm sorry, I kinda poofed after I posted again, didn't I? It's just been a bit nutty with my schedule lately. No idea how I manage to be busy when I'm not even employed. The MADNESS, I tell you. I've also been sleeping in a lot longer than I'm happy with, and it seems my days are always so short when I don't want them to be. I'm slowly beating myself back to an earlier bed time. But I'm the kind of sleeper that usually sleeps like the dead. I can go an easy 8-12 hours quite contentedly.

I've gotten to the point where I bike about an hour every day. Breathe in my insanity. My eating IS getting better, but I'm still crappy with my food log. I dunno why, I just keep forgetting to use it. I really should start researching more to get my workout changed up a bit, but honestly.... I just can't. I'm kinda at a wall. It's frustrating trying to workout, even with bodyweight exercises, when you've actually got very little room to move.

There is an issue with my graduation -- thanks to the incredibly vague emails and horrendous spam the uni sends you and a few administration issues, I missed my actual Grad Ceremony. I asked if I could go in the Spring one instead and the answer was a rather blunt, "well, we sent you 2 emails [which, I want to note, did not take into consideration a letter I got saying if I didn't get some issues with my major/minor resolved, my degree would be withheld] and so we did our part and you're shit out of luck. So no. Request denied."

So I went to the ombudsman and hopefully will have some more info tomorrow. It's damn stupid to not let a person walk in a Ceremony. I honestly wouldn't mind normally -- last thing I want to do is sit for hours listening to bad speeches and having my butt go numb from those horrible chairs, but my mom is super pissed. Naturally, the anger is directed at me -- something about how I was too lazy to even read emails and see it through. So that's why I'm fighting for it. I'lll keep you guys posted. :\

Oh! And yes, I am SO DAMN HAPPY I joined this RP forum! ^____^ I just applied for my first canon character and I can't wait to get the stories going. It really does wonders for my muse. I am so damn happy. For a long time, I was very depressed by the thought I'd lost my writing spark because of school. I can't tell you how incredibly uplifting it is to find out it's still there.

Anyway, from here on, I'm gonna try and post regularly. And hopefully, when I get a job, I can afford to buy new things, like a gym card. 8D

• Like 2

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

Nightwatcher! Granny! 8D *SUPERGLOMPS*

Thank you, guys! xD I know, I'm sorry, I kinda poofed after I posted again, didn't I? It's just been a bit nutty with my schedule lately. No idea how I manage to be busy when I'm not even employed. The MADNESS, I tell you. I've also been sleeping in a lot longer than I'm happy with, and it seems my days are always so short when I don't want them to be. I'm slowly beating myself back to an earlier bed time. But I'm the kind of sleeper that usually sleeps like the dead. I can go an easy 8-12 hours quite contentedly.

I've gotten to the point where I bike about an hour every day. Breathe in my insanity. My eating IS getting better, but I'm still crappy with my food log. I dunno why, I just keep forgetting to use it. I really should start researching more to get my workout changed up a bit, but honestly.... I just can't. I'm kinda at a wall. It's frustrating trying to workout, even with bodyweight exercises, when you've actually got very little room to move.

There is an issue with my graduation -- thanks to the incredibly vague emails and horrendous spam the uni sends you and a few administration issues, I missed my actual Grad Ceremony. I asked if I could go in the Spring one instead and the answer was a rather blunt, "well, we sent you 2 emails [which, I want to note, did not take into consideration a letter I got saying if I didn't get some issues with my major/minor resolved, my degree would be withheld] and so we did our part and you're shit out of luck. So no. Request denied."

So I went to the ombudsman and hopefully will have some more info tomorrow. It's damn stupid to not let a person walk in a Ceremony. I honestly wouldn't mind normally -- last thing I want to do is sit for hours listening to bad speeches and having my butt go numb from those horrible chairs, but my mom is super pissed. Naturally, the anger is directed at me -- something about how I was too lazy to even read emails and see it through. So that's why I'm fighting for it. I'lll keep you guys posted. :\

Oh! And yes, I am SO DAMN HAPPY I joined this RP forum! ^____^ I just applied for my first canon character and I can't wait to get the stories going. It really does wonders for my muse. I am so damn happy. For a long time, I was very depressed by the thought I'd lost my writing spark because of school. I can't tell you how incredibly uplifting it is to find out it's still there.

Anyway, from here on, I'm gonna try and post regularly. And hopefully, when I get a job, I can afford to buy new things, like a gym card. 8D

I do hope you post regularly.  I've missed you!  And maybe if you aren't able to post much in the way of workouts, you can at least post your food log so you have accountability.  But we also just want to follow what you're doing in your day-to-day life.  We've missed that part, too. 

• Like 2

I do hope you post regularly.  I've missed you!  And maybe if you aren't able to post much in the way of workouts, you can at least post your food log so you have accountability.  But we also just want to follow what you're doing in your day-to-day life.  We've missed that part, too. 

I'm trying! I am! I'm gonna crack down on it. *puts the game face on*

Aye, my food log I should at least TRY with again. It's just... I think it's difficult to do because quantifying homecooked meals is guesstimation at best. xD I dunno HOW I fell of that bandwagon, but it's just been a bitch getting back on! D:

My day to day life is pretty boring. I felt kinda low when the fiance put it in very clear-cut terms: "So, you post on an RP forum, clean and exercise all day and that's all you do?"

-___- Yes, sadly. That's all I do. I've been working on a resume but figuring out this whole 'get a job!' thing is really quite difficult, you know. It's also mind-numbing making a resume when you have badass stories to write as Huntress or as a super soldier and dammit, you know what?

I REGRET NOTHING

I'm a total DC nerd and I'm loving it. Writing has always been my addiction and I can't fight it. Nope. Just can't. *sigh*

So my life is going nowhere pretty fast. lol I wish I had more thrilling adventures, but i'm just going nowhere and in a rut. I feel like a pretty sad failure, to be honest. *sigh*

• Like 1

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

I started to type something and then changed my mind.  I'm not your mom.  You already know what you need to do and you don't need to be reminded of it.  You already feel guilty enough about that.  The question is, what would it take to get you back on track with adulting?

• Like 2

I had this whole post made.... and it just vanished. Because of firefox.

This is why I use Chrome. 

And yay for Razzy posts again!! Do you have someone helping you go through building and editing your resume? I know for me it helps not only with the process of doing so (I'm horrible at BS papers, and let's face it that's what makes a good resume) but it gives me someone who will actively know if I'm not doing what I should be doing

But hey, at least it sounds like you're more on par with your workouts right now! 

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Developing Roots

I started to type something and then changed my mind.  I'm not your mom.  You already know what you need to do and you don't need to be reminded of it.  You already feel guilty enough about that.  The question is, what would it take to get you back on track with adulting?

Adulting is a great word. I shall use it more. Also, you wise woman, you always seem to know what to say to get my mind on the important thing.

*looks at resume worriedly* But aaagh, so not as interesting as RP! xD However, the food log thing has been going well. I've been writing in it now consistently for 3 days. So that's a step up!

In fact, here's mine today:

Breakfast:

2 eggs

coffee

clementine

[WORKOUT OF PAIN]

SNACK: 1 mini new york peppermint patty (emergency, blood-sugar crash supply. Good thing I had it.)

Dinner:

Steak (8oz? Probably less)

Small sweet potato stuffed with curry (an NF recipe actually)

lots and lots of steamed veggies.

I might have a coffee later.... I'm ready to do anything to alleviate the agony in my butt and legs right now.

This is why I use Chrome. 

And yay for Razzy posts again!! Do you have someone helping you go through building and editing your resume? I know for me it helps not only with the process of doing so (I'm horrible at BS papers, and let's face it that's what makes a good resume) but it gives me someone who will actively know if I'm not doing what I should be doing

But hey, at least it sounds like you're more on par with your workouts right now! 

Yes! In fact ,it was so good that I just had to scrw things up and make it HARDER!

God, I hate my brain sometimes.

Here is my new workout: (still 3 circuits)

11 one-legged squats

18 explosive pushups

25 15lb deadlifts

18 alternating toe-touch crunches

8 pullups

23 tricep dips

12 side v-ups (from YAYOG)

11 hanging leg raises

I... am in pain. I've made bad choices. OOOOH I've made bad, bad choices! X_X Everything hurts between my waist and my knee. In fact, I automatically curled my foot up under my butt when I sat down on the couch and I let out this involuntary squeak of pain. It sounded a lot like a velociraptor on helium.

leave-me-alone-to-die-500x282.jpg

• Like 1

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

Okay. Did my workout yesterday. Ate pretty good too, had reuban sammich (left overs from St. Patty's) immediately after my workout, so maybe that mitigated some of the uh.... evil food things. Whatever you want to call them.

I am just hella tired right now. X_X I need more sleep.

Had 2 pancakes for breakfast. Really not liking the day star right now.

• Like 2

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

*FLYING TACKLE HUG FOR THE GRANNY!*

Aye, it really is a kick butt one. X_X My butt is certainly feeling it. And it is no bueno. Tiger Balm does help a little bit, though. All I have to do is biking today and I'm DONE. Rest day! FINALLY! REST DAY!

*collapses*

My pullups are deceptive, they're still flat-foot. I'm Weakling McGee and cannot do one from a deadhang.

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

On 3/19/2016 at 2:12 PM, Granny Nogg said:

What's the difference between a flat foot one and a dead hang one?

So, dead hang is where you are hanging by your arms, not touching the floor.

A flat-foot one (my own term) is where your feet are on the floor and the bar is JUUUUST under full extension of your arms above your head. I can do these. But when I try to pick up my feet and pull myself up, I can't get over this one point in the motion. I don't know why. Something isn't strong enough to make it happen and I'm not sure what it is. :\ So I'll just focus on doing more of them for now.

So, yesterday, did the workout:

11 one-legged squats

18 explosive pushups

25 15lb deadlifts

18 alternating toe-touch crunches

8 pullups

23 tricep dips

12 side v-ups (from YAYOG)

11 hanging leg raises

Bike time: 1 hour, 20 minutes (total)

I'm so dominant on my ride side. It's not even funny. I can do 11 with my right leg fairly well. Good balance, no torquing. There is real effort toward the end, but it's possible. But my left leg is a whole new story. X_X I don't know why, but I can't seem to push off with my weight focused on my heel like I should nearly as well. It's frustrating.

As inspiration for keeping my consumption in check, I've told myself, 'Hey! You need to go out and try on wedding dresses! Eat smart!' It's pretty effective, even if a total lie. I'm so far from getting married right now, but at least I will have lots of time to plan every detail out. I really want to get a DRAGON CAKE! But, we'll see. *sigh* We shall see.

In other news, I believe I'm getting some awesome abs. My brother poked me right under the ribs (I'm super ticklish) as a troll tactic, but he hurt his finger. I laughed so damn hard.

ALSO, did an hour of biking today. I'm slowly watching through the second season of Daredevil. It's awesome.

• Like 1

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

Tiger balm is a gem <3 I seriously don't know what I'd do without it 

Nothing wrong with doing flat-footed pullups when you can't pull your full bodyweight yet, give it time you've come a loooong way :D Sounds like you just have a little bit less dexterity and balance on the left, that's completely normal when you're not used to doing stuff like that on one side at a time.

I can't wait to watch Daredevil; I've got to finish Arrow first though then watch Flash

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Developing Roots

21 hours ago, Razzy said:

So, dead hang is where you are hanging by your arms, not touching the floor.

A flat-foot one (my own term) is where your feet are on the floor and the bar is JUUUUST under full extension of your arms above your head.

I'm so dominant on my ride side. It's not even funny.

I really want to get a DRAGON CAKE! But, we'll see. *sigh* We shall see.

In other news, I believe I'm getting some awesome abs. My brother poked me right under the ribs (I'm super ticklish) as a troll tactic, but he hurt his finger. I laughed so damn hard.

Ohhhh okay re: dead hang vs flat foot one.  Makes total sense now.  You have to jump up to the bar or somesuch for dead hang, yes?

One-side dominant:  I was having the same issue with my db rows, only being left side dominant.  One person suggested doing the right (weaker) side first on the rows, and adding an extra rep in there to help strengthen it.  Made sense to me.  

Dragon cake?  Bah.  Small time.  How bout this: 

FullBedL4021.jpg?m=1416073472

I would have loved to see that ab-poke with your brother and the shocked look on his face, and then your laughter.  Priceless.  

• Like 2