Day One

Awoke early after a troubled nights sleep. Started the day with some damn fine coffee. As black as Bob's soul. No Cherry Pie in the fridge so made porridge with Blueberries and Raspberries. A good, honest breakfast.

Followed the exercises in my standard issue field manual this morning:

20 x Wall Push Ups

15 x Kneeling Push Ups

6 x Full Push Ups

7 x Full Push Ups

5 x Shoulder Stand Squats

20 x Shoulder Stand Squats

20 x Knee Tucks

20 x Knee Tucks]

30 x Vertical Pulls

30 x Vertical Pulls

A good workout but troubled by the presence of my old Sacroiliac injury from my last classified field mission.

Dianne - The strangest thing happened whilst I was working out today. I was visited by two little people. One appeared to have not developed the use of his legs yet and may have been talking backwards. The other could only recite the words to the song "Let It Go" over and over. I suspect them of being interdimensional travellers from the Black Lodge. Perhaps a warning from Bob.

To business. There have been reports of suspicious Owl activity at the local reservoir. Provided the wind conditions are favourable and my injury permits I will take my standard issue field bicycle to investigate.

Signing off.

The-Log-Lady-twin-p_530119a_zps3e32e675.

Level 2 Assassin
Tough Mudder Legionaire

Dad Dancer
STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

Life is full of misery, loneliness and suffering and it's all over much too soon - Woody Allen

My Challenges: Current Challenge, 1st Challenge

My Battle Log

So, the first week of a new challenge begins!

Tried to preserve my lower back and hips with a bike ride yesterday so took my road bike out for a 14 mile ride. Still getting used to riding in clipless pedals so went out at 6am so no-one could see me fall over everytime I stopped at a junction. Otherwise still not sure I'm taking to cycling. I miss the physicality of running and do keep thinking "I could have just gone for a run". Plus the downhills are terrifying and I can only go round corners at high speeds - if I slow down I topple over like a domino.

I've also completed two Convict Conditioning sessions. Really pleased I've made a strong start with this. Now I've got my head around the format a typical workout looks like this:

21 x Shouldstand Squats

21 x Shoulderstand squats

21 x Knee Tucks

21 x Knee Tucks

32 x Vertical Pulls

32 x Vertical Pulls

7 x Full Push Ups

7 x Fulls Push Ups

I think I'm just going to keep adding one rep per set per week now, as the book recommends, until I meet the progression standard for each exercise.

Not sure when I add in the third work set but guess it's when I've reached the progression number of reps in the first two work sets.

Tomorrow is Wolf Run training with the guys - more on that tomorrow!

Level 2 Assassin
Tough Mudder Legionaire

Dad Dancer

Life is full of misery, loneliness and suffering and it's all over much too soon - Woody Allen

My Battle Log

So.....

Today I have muscle soreness EVERYWHERE and a bad left hip, pretty much par for the course after training with the guys on Tuesday nights.

The guys I do Tough Mudder with (and will be doing my upcoming Wolf Runs with) meet every Tuesday on a playing field to attempt our version of a Cross Fit session.

Yesterday looked something like this:

One mile warm up run

Shunt Training (12 Push Ups, 12 Squats, 100 metre sprint, 11 Push Ups, 11 Squats, 100 metre sprint, 10 push ups etc etc all the way down to zero)

Circuits (plank, sprints, burpees, wall sits etc.)

Lunges (all the way round the football pitch)

Great session and next week we're getting some of our equipment out of storage: kettlebells, ropes, gymanstics rings etc.

Today has been a much needed rest day so my training week essentially begins again tomorrow with a Convict Conditioning session,

Been thinking more about mobility and stretching and think i need to ensure I make stretching a part of my daily routine and that I have a rest week in every four.

Level 2 Assassin
Tough Mudder Legionaire

Dad Dancer

My Battle Log