This is a new group, very loosely based on the Black Dog Tamers, which was a support group for people with depression.

In the next six weeks, we are going to teach ourselves to be a bit more positive about almost anything, but mostly about ourselves. In the current world it is easy to believe that you're worth nothing, that you're ugly, that you're eating the wrong food, etc. In reality, this is not true! Almost anyone is awesome in their own way. Especially on this forum, all challenges I have seen were of awesome people.

TL;DR:

5984383_f496.jpg

What will we do

In order to train ourselves in believing that we are awesome, I'd like anyone in this group to post in their own topic or in the group's topic, three times a week:

• One aspect of their body that's awesome at the moment
  • One aspect of their food today that's awesome
  • One good decision they made today

I also want anyone in this group to give someone else a compliment at least three times a week, either online or IRL.

Lastly, I want you to check in at least once a week with your fellow (sub-)group members.

Motivation

During my first few challenges, I have encountered many people that deal with self-esteem issues. I've been telling myself every night why I'm awesome for a few months now (as advised by my counselor), and it really helped me to see the world more positively :). I hope others can also see the benefits of this approach. For anyone who wants to read more about positive psychology, see this article on Wikipedia and the references therein.

Rules

• This is not a substitution for professional help. If you're doubting about whether or not you need professional help, please contact your doctor or counselor as soon as possible.
  • You may repeat your awesome points. For example, if you eat an apple every day, you can make that your awesome point for food as often as you want.
  • Because there are many people in this group, there are sub-groups. Please follow the people in your own sub-group. Of course you may also follow the other people if you want :).
  • If you'd like to join, the most effective way is PM'ing me. You can also post your topic in the sub-group you want to join and sign up on the spreadsheet.
  • There will be a weekly discussion theme, but I'm not sure yet what form it will take. Probably specialized awesome-practice, about for example the weather, your job, etc.
  • There is a maximum of 7 people per sub-group. I don't know what to do yet if there are more than 21 people that want to participate. Chances are that you'll have to wait to next challenge if you are the 22nd. Of course you can practice calling yourself awesome without being a part of this group.

If you have questions, if I'm unclear or if you have suggestions, please let me know :).

Groups:

Group 1

Waanie

Varelse

Scorpia (now with correct topic)

ChristArtist

The Swedish Ninja

skinnyLara

Group 2

Kobnach

imadork

Leimanu

idealistinfire

Pretzle

Group 3

Heidi

TennisGeek

Quirkyself

annyshay

elsfaire

Do you think your name should be here and it is not? Please let me know by sending me a PM.

• Like 3

Yay love this!  I've been doing a positivity thing called Radical Self Love July every day this month and it will be great to have somewhere to come to, to continue the positivity in my life.  I'll post the link to my challenge once I've actually created it!

• Like 4

Night Elf Assassin

Level 2

WIS=1 STR=1 STA=2

Current challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/68806-regenerating-scorpia/ with the Adventurers!

Weight loss goal 28lbs

0%
0%

I'm in. One suggestion - if we need to split into subgroups, give each subgroup its own thread, as well as the common thread.

Also, as per discussion in the BDT thread - I'm willing to assist if you need me.

Challenge link is in my signature.

Added Scorpia to the spreadsheet, as well as myself - I noticed a few challenges ago that people's comfort level with these spreadsheets is highly variable ;-)

• Like 3

Level 6 Dark Elf Ranger

STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 16 | CON 10 | WIS 13 | CHA 6

Current Challenge  Battle Log   Past: 5 4 3 2 1 0.1

I think I added myself....but my link is in my sig  line....

And, I'll start before the challenge starts:

• One aspect of their body that's awesome at the moment

I mostly love my hair - it is long, it is shiny and it is easy to pull up out of the way when I need to.d

• One aspect of their food today that's awesome

I made mostly wise choices at the restaurant today, I had a quest bar when I got too hungry while out and about, and I am making spaghetti with a spaghetti squash and some meat mixture I concocted with v8 tomato juice and spices for supper!

• One good decision they made today

I decided to go to the pool just as we got home, concerned that later I would be caught in the rain.  We got out, after 45 minutes, as it started to rain!

I hope this encourages others to start!

• Like 1

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

I'm in, but will be AWOL from my computer for almost 2 weeks on holidays - Quebec camping here we come - yahoo!  

One part of my body that is awesome is my hair.  Soft, nice colouring, not too thick or thin, plus very light on my legs and arms, so no course stubble for me :)

One aspect of my food that was awesome today was my salad with supper: arugula, celery, cucumber, red onion, figs, beets, goat cheese and pecans - so tasty!

One good decision I made today was to write a story with my 8 year old son... at 6:30 a.m. :)

• Like 2

Quirkyself OUT!

Current Challenge, Third Challenge, Second Challenge , First Challenge

Level 4 Hobbit Adventurer

strength: 5 | dexterity: 2 | stamina:5 | constitution: 5 | wisdom: 6 | charisma: 7

Pounds lost:

2%
2%

I'm in!

Body - My legs! It allows me to chase tennis ball.

Food - almost all food I ate today, from scrambled eggs, salmon salad and beef fajita from whole foods, and bbq ribs and califlower salad.

Decision - I joined here. I'm heading over to my old friend's house to give his son a laptop.

• Like 2

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

I'm glad this group was created!  I wandered back here a few days ago and saw that it was only a couple days until the next challenge and saw this group in the last challenge.  So I better take the opportunity!

As of right now, I don't know where I'll be by Sept 7.  I'll find out if I got a job on Monday.  And job or no job, I will be overwhelmed and it will make it hard to ignore the critic.  I'm aware - but he's sneaky!

Body - I've never had discernible arm muscles but now I've got this cute little bicep

Food - My organization had a Surf & Turf fund raiser last night - so I had steak and eggs (and shrimp and lobster) with eggs for lunch!

Decision - I started feeling anxious and a little weepy, so I stopped what I was doing and did a few exercises in "Self-Esteem" by Matthew McKay and Patrick Fanning, and then went for a walk to enjoy summer - I saw hawks, turkeys, and a woodpecker!

• Like 2

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Wow, you guys are great! Starting before the challenge has even started :D.

Scorpia and imadork, I couldn't find your threads. Can you please create them at a findable place or give me a link? ;)

I will make one or two extra threads Monday for the other subgroups, I think we should keep this thread for the first group to avoid spamming this forum. As it stands now, we will have two groups. If you want to be in a particular subgroup, please let me know by sending a PM.

You guys are all great :).

Yesterday, I was also great because:

Food: I made fennel-gratin for the first time and it tasted great! I love fennel :D.

Body: my legs are great, they bring me everywhere I go, either by foot or by bike :).

Decision: I set aside all my doubts and just made this group :).

• Like 3

All of you are awesome. Me too, because:

1) This morning I realized I have bigger muscles on my back, and they looks great.

2) I did a smart choice preparing my breakfast this morning, and my day seems to be mostly primal.

3) I decided to start the challenge one thay before the official day.

• Like 2

Level 4

10 WIS | 2 STR | 2 STA | 2 CON | 5 CHA | 1 DEX

battle logepic quest

The Stoic Path of Virtue: #1 | #2 | #3

Current challenge: Don't break the challenge

Wow. Thank you for this group. My whole challenge revolves around being happier, having gratitude and joy as central parts of my world.

• One aspect of my body that's awesome at the moment: My nails. I just recently quit biting them, and they look great. For the first time in my life I'm not ashamed of how my hands look.
  • One aspect of my food today that's awesome: My coffee. It's fair-trade, organic, roasted locally by a person I actually know. And did I mention how delicious it is? Every time I have a cup, I think of my friend and smile.
  • One good decision I made today: Joining this group.
  • Like 4

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

It will be nice to give myself kudos, I'm in.

Body- I'm flexible

Food- All meals were portioned appropriately

Decision- Just back from vacation and planning my next challenge

Ohh. Portion size. Good work!

• Like 2

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

Wow, you guys are great! Starting before the challenge has even started :D.

Scorpia and imadork, I couldn't find your threads. Can you please create them at a findable place or give me a link? ;)

Just finished creating my current challenge thread! I've got it included in my signature now 

Let me know if there's anything I need to do :)

• Like 1

imadork
Race: Gypsy | Class: Assassin

Current challenge

photos:

#100HappyDays 

ThingsICreate

HangBendBalance 

Sometimes mistakes are the best progress we can make.

So much amazing stuff!

I do want to mention a project called 100happydays.com. .. I'm hoping to start it again this challenge. It forced me to find something in the midst of darkness that reminds me of light.

Sort of like "I believe in the sun, even when I can't see it".

Wannie... you have done well!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

I joined! A little.confused about what we're doing, but that could be because our internet is down and I'm reading this on my phone.

Great thing about my body: it doesn't let me ovrerindulge often and has my back on making healthy choices.

Great thing about food: Good portion control at breakfast and ate fish

Great decision for today: I took time to sit by the water outside while contemplating next steps for a Big Scary Thing with the bf. This gave me time to think of both sides fairly and find the words to express myself clearly so I can better reach my goal. I'm super happy for this one decision :)

My thread is found under the Druid's challenge and is titles "Idealistinfire - burnout recovery part 3". I will add a link to my signature just as soon as I can.

• Like 2

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

My 3 comments:

- My body is wonderful because it's comfortable to live in, and helps me do all kinds of things. And I'm 56 years old.

- The most wonderful thing about my food situation is that I have plenty, and can reasonably expect to continue to have enough healthy safe food for the rest of my life - with variety too.

- And my good decision last night was that once the house cooled down, I first unpacked some of the boxes which were blocking my exercise space, and then finished my daily quota of 7000 steps. Starting well into the evening!

And my compliment for yesterday was given on a mailing list, complimenting a poster for her willingness to tackle something that I'd given up on.

• Like 2

Level 6 Dark Elf Ranger

Wow. Thank you for this group. My whole challenge revolves around being happier, having gratitude and joy as central parts of my world.

• One aspect of my body that's awesome at the moment: My nails. I just recently quit biting them, and they look great. For the first time in my life I'm not ashamed of how my hands look.
  • One aspect of my food today that's awesome: My coffee. It's fair-trade, organic, roasted locally by a person I actually know. And did I mention how delicious it is? Every time I have a cup, I think of my friend and smile.
  • One good decision I made today: Joining this group.

That sounds yummy. A friend of mine roasted her own coffee, and it was wonderful.

• Like 1

Level 6 Dark Elf Ranger

Hello!  I have actually created my thread now lol, it is here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51613-scorpia-starts-assassin-training/

My body is awesome because it's getting stronger every day

My food is awesome because I have a pot of protein filled tasty greek yoghurt to nom on later and some blueberries to sprinkle in it.

A good decision I made today was texting a friend that I've drifting apart from a bit a congratulations about the birth of her twins.

Righto, will go do some following shortly. 

Scorpia

• Like 2

Night Elf Assassin

Level 2

WIS=1 STR=1 STA=2

Current challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/68806-regenerating-scorpia/ with the Adventurers!

Weight loss goal 28lbs

0%
0%

- My ass is lovely today, since it ignored the pain during my rowing session and just kept going, even though the cramps kept coming :)

- After eating sugar (and way to much, binging) for the past 6 days, today I ate mindfully and no sugar (except two pieces of dark chocolate)

- My decision to sell my iPad to my brother. I only use it to watch movies and other meaningless stuff, so now I will have more time to do meaningful stuff 

• Like 3

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines