cn3wton, Battle log of Ages

On 8/20/2021 at 3:39 PM, Elastigirl said:

This was my husband's Christmas gift

Sanding Detailer Finishing Kit, Finer Grits, 24 piece - Sanding Blocks - Amazon.com

It's a hand sander that allows you to get into little place

I have seen these before and always wondered how they work! What does he think of them?

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

2 hours ago, cn3wton said:

I have seen these before and always wondered how they work! What does he think of them?

He really likes them

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

21 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

He really likes them

I might have to give them a try!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

So I am continuing work on a rather succesful foam sword. I made it super simple and a bit wider than necessary so if I messed up I could trim both sides and still use the blade. Didn't end up needing it so its a bit wide and thick but thats ok. Wrapped the handle with foam, then foam accents, then electrical tape to hold it together. I will wrap it with faux leather after painting. Still need fo finish out the "guard" piece and the pommel but I am happy with my progress.

20210823_205830.jpg.a851e82de646fc32f4b4e94e300d3af1.jpg

Food and fasting is going okay, though my main problem and downfall is and always has been eating out. I really need to get back to cooking at home and finally break out the heated lunch box!

• Like 5

On 8/30/2021 at 12:15 PM, Elastigirl said:

How did the last week go?

I ended up getting really sick right before my week long vacation... 

• Sad 2

So a lot to cover but I will try to keep it short.

Last week I had off due to plant shut down. I had intended to use this time to work on my house. The friday before my week off I started getting really sick. Congestion in my chest, nose running constantly, and extreme fatigue. I got tested (negative thankfully) and spent the next 2 days down and out. But I had to work on the house. So I would sleep a minimum of 12 hours a night, waking up at 9am at the earliest, work 5-6 hours with my dad in the house then resting the rest before going to sleep and repeating.

Tuesday I was feeling a bit better and worked longer, which resulted in my feeling even worse the next day.

So i kept up the schedule until Friday. That was the day I did my first ever LARP event. Which goes from Friday night until Sunday morning. Friday nights "shift" went from 9pm to 2am. And I walked at least 10 miles as a zombie and air elemental getting the shit kicked out of me but I had a blast. The next shift was saturday at 10am. So I jumped right in and had a lot of fun on Saturday, but my cheap boots didn't do me any favors and I had to skip the late night shift because I could barely walk.

I did lose some weight as I walked nearly 20 miles over the weekend.

Sunday and Monday I put in as much time as possible into the house to try to catch up. Weve got all the drywall/paneling off the walls and the new bathroom studded in. So we got a lot done, but it is not as much as I had hoped to get done. I have officially rented out the apartment and have a date I need to be out of there. So theres a posibility I might spend a few weeks back with my parents as I work on the hosue. But I can't turn down that money either.

I am on the slow road to recovery. My entire body aches today but I think I am on the mend!

• Like 4

Things with the house are coming along, at a good pace but also feeling slow at the same time. I have been incredibly busy over the last 2-3 weeks so I will try to circle back and catch up with everyone soon!

• Like 3

I am back after a bit of a hiatus. Going to jump around and try to catch up with everyone as best I can.

The house work is proceeding but we are in a time crunch. My parents leave for a 7 week RV trip this Friday and there is a ton of work that needs to be done before they leave. This has caused some stress. I had to tell my Dad that the house isn't his responsibility. If it doesn't all get done I will figure it out and handle it. We have a plumber and sheet rockers coming in and I know hes stressing about it. But we can only do what we can.

This past weekend was extremely stressful. I am renting out my apartment to a friend. So I installed new ceiling fans for him in both rooms, and we also are installing a heat/ac split unit. Its a pretty big upgrade but its something that needs to be done. I had intended to do it if I stayed. Long story short the people we thought were experts were not. And the job that was suppossed to be 4-5 hours saturday instead took the entire weekend and is still ongoing.

My friend who is moving in volunteered to go to the apartment today (its his day off) and talk to some tech support to try to get everything running. I am hoping he has some success as I need that off my plate.

I have not been tracking weight the past 2-3 weeks, and am happy to report that I have maintained during that time. I was worried as I hadn't been making the best choices food wise, but quantities and servings were a bit better.

I am off to the second LARP event this weekend. I have reduced it down to participating in 2 shifts. Then I will be helping out at the makeup table before calling it a night. This means I will only lose Saturday. Not friday and sunday as well. Of course I consider this very important me time with all the stresses of everything going on.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, cn3wton said:

happy to report that I have maintained during that time.

Great job achieving this with everything you have going on and not tracking.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

17 hours ago, Shello said:

Great job achieving this with everything you have going on and not tracking.  

Thanks! I oculd have eaten better but I am happy I didnt get too out of control and that I also recognized it was time to get back on the scale and kick things back into gear.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 10:29 AM, cn3wton said:

But we can only do what we can.

This is the toughest lesson to learn sometimes

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Hello everyone!

Been awhile since the last update. Life is crazy. Renovating my house, crazy busy at work, and my business is growing by the day!

All in all mostly positive things.

My weight loss has halted and I may have gained weight, but at the same time I spent the last 6 weeks house sitting at my parents. And I am in the habit of not eating out. So I am saving a bunch of money. After another week or two this way I intend to start introducing better meal options and more exercise. Its just a bump in the path I am not off the wagon.

Things are a bit crazy in our area right now and I am doing everything I can to stay healthy. I will try to stop in more when I can, I hope everyone is doing well!

• Like 5

Glad to see you back and happy for all the good things keeping you busy. Thanks for checking in to tell us you're ok, wishing you all the best!

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

On 12/1/2021 at 1:16 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

Glad to see you back and happy for all the good things keeping you busy. Thanks for checking in to tell us you're ok, wishing you all the best!

Thanks brother its been a crazy time but Im doing okay!

• Like 1

So the last few months have been crazy.

Thinks are really picking up with my full time job, which is good and I still enjoy it, just crazy. Then the business I own is also busy, so most nights I leave work, get home, let the dog out and eat a quick dinner before going back to work. 

On top of that I am renovating my house. So extremely busy.

I am living with my parents as I rented out the apartment and couldn't turn down the extra income. They went on a 6 week RV trip which was supposssed to be enough time for me to get my house ready to go. But as always things took longer than expected. My mother fell and broke her shoulder on the trip back so she can't do much of anything, so I guess its a blessing in disguise that the house isn't ready so I can help her and my father out.

Food is going well as far as not eating out all the time. As I said before my next goal is going to be making healthier choices.

Hope everyone is doing well!

• Like 4

Sorry to hear about your mom! It is fortunate you can help them out while she recovers, I'm sure it's appreciated.

• Like 1

Spoiler

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

On 12/3/2021 at 12:27 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That is indeed a lot going on. Hope your mom heals fast.

On 12/5/2021 at 3:37 PM, RES said:

Sorry to hear about your mom! It is fortunate you can help them out while she recovers, I'm sure it's appreciated.

Thank you both! She is healing well and doing great in PT. They actually said shes far beyond where they expected her to be by now so thats great!

• Like 2

Hello everyone, I am back again for a quick update. I can't make promises about if I am back for real, back for a short time, or just long enough to stop by. But I really appreciate everyone here.

The house is coming along slowly yet surely. I spent the weekend tiling the bathroom and its coming along great. Just slow.  I am hoping to have the bathroom "mostly" done by this weekend. Which would be HUGE as its the biggest thing preventing me from moving in right now.

Food and diet has been in the gutter. I know ive gained most if not all of the weight i lost back. I could go into why but it doesn't really matter. My minds all over the place and my depression has surely been kicking my ass recently. It doesn't help that I havent been faithful to my meds. 

This weekend was a prime example of the struggle. Saturday we didnt start on the house until about noon. My father had other things to do so I slept in and did nothing. He got back and we went to work. We started in pretty quick after getting things marked out. And things went moderately well. I had a couple irratating moments and was short with him here and there. But him and I are very much the same in that regard. Despite this the wall looked amazing and I was excited to get to the next day and finish the tiling. I had never tiled before but felt I had a good grasp on it. 

We set the time to start on sunday at 9. I woke up at 9:15. Crawled out of bed and headed down there around 945. Got to work and I was just getting incredibly frustrated. I went from being excited to get to work to wanting to do nothing but get home and go to sleep. We got some done and started working up the wall. I couldn't get the mortar to stick right and I started getting really irratable. My father is an amazing guy but he doesn't do "feelings" and stuff like that. His solution is to just step in and do it himself. Which was the oppossite to what I needed and part of my frustration with working with him. Him and I are really smart, and neither likes to stop what we are doing to hear out other options. So I very much feel like a kid holding the flashlight when working in my own house.

My head started aching and I finally told him that I was done after that batch of mortar was gone. Which was barely any work at all. He said hed just do it himself and I got even more pissed off. It was about noon so I said lets go get lunch. At this point I was exhausted. I didnt even want to get out of the car. But after eating and sitting for the 10 minute drive to and back I started feeling better, and we got back to work. After about 2 hours it happened again. I crashed, got miserable, and wanted nothing to do but to stop. I was getting frustrated because I felt as though I was making mistakes and wanted to do things right. I took a step away and got back to work. This happened 3 times during the day. And if my dad wasn't there I would have stopped after the first. And in the end the grout lines in the tile are nearly perfect, with the only real issue being 1 tile on the edge. The walls arent perfectly square. The top of the tile was perfect but the bottom was not, so the gap between the tiles is a little tight. I should have had my dad recut it but I didnt even think about it. But once its grouted you will never know.

I need to find a therapist I think. Ive wanted to do it for awhile but the problem is I don't have the money for it right now. I will have to review my health plan to see. It covers my medicine 100% so maybe theres a certain number of trips a month or something.

Despite this update being mostly negative I am in a fairly good place with a lot of positive going on. So maybe ill share some of that soon.

Thanks to everyone for the support. Appreciate you guys alot.

• Like 7

Glad to see you back and that the work on the house is progressing! 

I know some health plans cover virtual visits 100%, not sure if that's something that works for you but I hope that you're able to find a solution that does.

• Like 1

Spoiler

On 1/24/2022 at 12:19 PM, ReturnOfTheDad said:

Hope things continue to get better!

Thank yoU!

On 1/24/2022 at 1:45 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Ask HR if there is an Employee Assistance Program, those often provide some free counseling sessions. 

Sadly we arent big enough of a company for that to be a thing. I just need to get my hands on an updated copy of our healthcare info as I always lose mine.

On 1/24/2022 at 3:29 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Wow I’ve missed a lot.  When you finish the house you should post a before and after.  

I hope you’re able to figure out a therapist.  

I have some before pictures but not as many as I probably should have taken! I didnt really even think about it. But I definitely will.

And thanks!

On 1/24/2022 at 8:44 PM, RES said:

Glad to see you back and that the work on the house is progressing! 

I know some health plans cover virtual visits 100%, not sure if that's something that works for you but I hope that you're able to find a solution that does.

I definitely will look into it and keep everyone up to date!

• Like 3