cn3wton, Battle log of Ages

12 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

The show Lucifer is genius. And it has the most frightening illustration of what Hell is, that I've ever seen in any kind of modern media... (Also some of the best portrayals of forgiveness and unconditional love, so it balances out.)

It's cheesy (as you'd expect from Bruckheimer) and I always associate it with my ex who used to watch it, but it's got some good things to it, including the protagonist's acting. Personally ranking it as my second favourite illustration of Hell, behind Hellraiser:Inferno that's my all time top. Certainly worth a watch and with @RES being into Supernatural, I bet she'll love it.

On 1/23/2024 at 8:29 PM, cn3wton said:

Personally I can relate, but in a strange way. For the majority of my life I have felt as though I crafted this image of the person I thought I should be. And that is how I portrayed myself. I realize now that the only source of "joy" I've ever really had is going above and beyond for others. I've rarely, if ever, done that for myself until recently. 

Well they do say you can't pour from an empty cup, so you can't care for others unless you care for yourself first. Not any kind of expert in mental health myself, but it sounds like 1) you've sought validation, affirmation and self worth through the approval of others for what you did for them, meaning 2) you haven't exactly been your 100% genuine self. Those are hard realizations and recently realizing #2 myself, I can really relate, especially this part:

On 1/23/2024 at 8:29 PM, cn3wton said:

What I've never talked to anyone about is this feeling of living my life as if I am an actor playing a role. I think something that scares me is that now that I am dealing with the problems and actually letting myself be, that I might not like the person I actually am...

The bold part has been me for 30+ years. I've been the good son, the convenient one, never really objecting, not stirring the pot, not causing trouble. I've completely detached myself from my emotions and desires, instead just doing what I was supposed to do. Disassociation had been a permanent state of being for me, it felt like I was having a 24/7/365 out of body experience, just watching myself going through the motions. It's scary to realize this and to get back on the driver's seat. Can't say much about who you'll find your actual self to be, but it's 100% better being your genuine self than keeping up an entire act for a lifetime. Besides, if there's things you don't like about you, there's always the option to put in the work and try to change them.

I have faith in you. You are a good person. You are enough.

• Like 3

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (7)Fitness (2)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

On 1/30/2024 at 7:46 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

@RES being into Supernatural, I bet she'll love it.

Well now I definitely have to check it out :) 

Can't say much about who you'll find your actual self to be, but it's 100% better being your genuine self than keeping up an entire act for a lifetime. Besides, if there's things you don't like about you, there's always the option to put in the work and try to change them

This part, took me a bit longer to realize this but living to please others is not the way to live life. Real people will be there, it's a great way to weed out the ones you don't need in  your life.

Can't agree with this statement more.

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

On 1/29/2024 at 7:20 PM, Scaly Freak said:

The show Lucifer is genius. And it has the most frightening illustration of what Hell is, that I've ever seen in any kind of modern media... (Also some of the best portrayals of forgiveness and unconditional love, so it balances out.)

It really is. I've wanted to read the comics for awhile now but never gotten around to it. Just not sure how it will compare to the show for me.

On 1/29/2024 at 7:22 PM, RES said:

Might have to check it out, what is it playing on?

As Scaly said Netflix in the US!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

It's cheesy (as you'd expect from Bruckheimer) and I always associate it with my ex who used to watch it, but it's got some good things to it, including the protagonist's acting. Personally ranking it as my second favourite illustration of Hell, behind Hellraiser:Inferno that's my all time top. Certainly worth a watch and with @RES being into Supernatural, I bet she'll love it.

Well they do say you can't pour from an empty cup, so you can't care for others unless you care for yourself first. Not any kind of expert in mental health myself, but it sounds like 1) you've sought validation, affirmation and self worth through the approval of others for what you did for them, meaning 2) you haven't exactly been your 100% genuine self. Those are hard realizations and recently realizing #2 myself, I can really relate, especially this part:

The bold part has been me for 30+ years. I've been the good son, the convenient one, never really objecting, not stirring the pot, not causing trouble. I've completely detached myself from my emotions and desires, instead just doing what I was supposed to do. Disassociation had been a permanent state of being for me, it felt like I was having a 24/7/365 out of body experience, just watching myself going through the motions. It's scary to realize this and to get back on the driver's seat. Can't say much about who you'll find your actual self to be, but it's 100% better being your genuine self than keeping up an entire act for a lifetime. Besides, if there's things you don't like about you, there's always the option to put in the work and try to change them.

Yes I call Lucifer my guilty pleasure show. Especially early on. But there are just these incredible moments in the show. And Tom Ellis just nails it.

It is good to have someone else vocalize that they feel / have felt the same. Mentioning supernatural there's a video I have queued in a playlist on repeat that ill post. But two of the biggest lines that really struck home are.

"Your problem, mate, is that nobody hates you more than you do."

And

"...the truth is. They don't need you. Not like you need them."

Spoiler

My whole life I've been the one planning things. I've been the one trying to get people to connect. Other than obligatory gatherings like holidays and birthdays I can't REMEMBER the last time someone asked me to do something. The last time anyone went out of their way for me (other than my parents). That's a lie I guess. My high school best friends mom is a director and got me, her son, and another one of our friends tickets to a show that the theater was putting on. Wow 1 in recent memory!

It's fucking exhausting. Then I post some stuff about mental health on Facebook because people are starting to notice. And here comes all these people out of the woodwork. Sending texts, messages, stupid inspirational copy paste images about how much I mean to people. The truth is these fucking piss me off. It's far too little too late. Because guess what, I know that if I hadn't posted, I would not have heard from these people at all. These messages come from guilt. Which they shouldn't have. They have fucking lives, people grow apart, that's how life is. The second line ends with "not like you need them" and that's what really hit me the most. When I do manage to get together with people I have fun sure. Despite the stress of organizing it all. But at the end of the day they leave, go spend time with their families, kids, significant others. And I am alone again. 

I think the two lines are actually quite connected. Everyone knows me and cares about me just enough to believe the lies. The mask I put on for the world. When in truth what I really need is someone who can see me without it on. Currently I don't feel like anyone will ever get that close. But I also remind myself that's my current mental state talking. mostly.

Thank you for your kind words brother.

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

15 hours ago, RES said:

Well now I definitely have to check it out :) 

This part, took me a bit longer to realize this but living to please others is not the way to live life. Real people will be there, it's a great way to weed out the ones you don't need in  your life.

Can't agree with this statement more.

Yes you definitely have to check it out. 

Thank you so much for your words!

• Like 1

So I was recently inspired to right a short short story. I used to write stuff like this here back in the day. So I figured I'd post version 1 (the roughest of drafts) here. Im no writer but I do enjoy it from time to time. Story in spoilers to reduce size.

Spoiler

The crow had only ever known the inside of his cage. From within he watched his fellow birds soar and sing. At times, they would visit. Passing easily through the bars as if they were not there.

He reveled in these times, and he wanted nothing more than to bring happiness to those that visited him. For years he did this. He was known to be thoughtful and kind. Selfless.

No one stayed within the bars for long. Inevitably returning to the skies, for that is where they belonged. Skies that were not meant for him. His heart swelled to see their joy as they danced through the air. But the coldness of the cage always claimed him eventually.

Then one day a gorgeous songbird came to rest beside his cage. Her angelic song outdone only by her beauty. She was a source of seemingly infinite light. The crow looked on in awe. She turned to him and smiled, scattering the darkness inside in an instant. So desperately he hoped she would speak with him. 

To his surprise she passed between the bars. She was kind and a source of warmth. She shared stories of her adventures. Of the world outside and the life she had led. It was then that the crow realized something. Beneath that light there was pain, darkness not unlike his own. Hidden by the impossibly bright light. 

He knew what he had to do. He knew darkness and pain. A creature like this should not have to carry it. He would take that darkness unto himself so that her light could shine even brighter. Time went by, and she did not leave the cage. At first the darkness in her seemed so very deep. But he chipped away at it, taking it in and pushing it deep down inside his heart. He was happy, for her light shone like never before. Casting the darkness from inside the cage and threatening to destroy it entirely.

Then the crow had a thought. When was the last time the songbird left the cage? Took wing and soared through the skies? Too long. He knew the cage better than anyone. It was cold, dark. Miserable. This was not a place for someone like her. The darkness he had pushed so deep began to stir within him. There was only one thing he could do. 

Slowly the crow seemed to change. He began pushing the songbird away. Growing distant. Was he always this way to her? She was hurt, then angry. But nothing seemed to return the crow to what he was. So with a heavy heart the songbird decided to leave. They said their goodbyes as she took to the skies leaving a trail of tears behind.

The crow smiled. She may not know it but she carried his heart with him. Carried it into a world that was not meant for him. He accepted and understood for the first time that there were those born into this world to suffer. Observers. Destined to help others shine brighter no matter the personal cost.To see but never have.

He regretted any pain he might have caused her. But she would heal, he was sure of it. She would be happy, and that would make him happy As she grew smaller in the distance he turned away, and the bars of the cage solidified. Never to let any pass through again.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Good story, but so sad. I wanted the songbird to teach the crow to fly outside the cage !

Thank you.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 7:29 AM, cn3wton said:

And

On 2/1/2024 at 7:29 AM, cn3wton said:

I think the two lines are actually quite connected. Everyone knows me and cares about me just enough to believe the lies. The mask I put on for the world. When in truth what I really need is someone who can see me without it on. Currently I don't feel like anyone will ever get that close. But I also remind myself that's my current mental state talking. mostly.

I think I'm in this post and I don't like it.

• Like 2

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27, #28#29#30#31Current

Walk to Mordor: 2019, 2020, 2021202220232024

On 2/1/2024 at 10:29 AM, cn3wton said:

And

2 hours ago, Ranger Hal said:

I think I'm in this post and I don't like it.

Same...💔

• Like 2

Spoiler

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

How was your week, friend?

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

On 2/9/2024 at 10:30 AM, Shello said:

How was your week, friend?

On 2/13/2024 at 7:41 AM, The Most Loathed said:

eye-poke.gif

friendly poke

Thanks everyone for checking up on me! Will make a post in a bit about everything going on.

• Like 5

On 2/19/2024 at 10:24 AM, cn3wton said:

Thanks everyone for checking up on me! Will make a post in a bit about everything going on.

Wait Goodbye GIF by Silicon Valley

• Like 5

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Hey everyone, the past, oh I don't know 2 months or so have been pretty rough.

I fell off my medication which started a spiral and well. No use dwelling on the past!

I'm back and feeling 100x better. Still not perfect but I am in a much better place. I have clothes in the car to get back at the gym. I never tested my 1RM for backsquat and strict press. I am tempted to work up to those today if I feel good. Knowing it wont be a true 1RM, but its only been 1 cycle of training anyways. But we will see how I feel.

I have stocked the fridge and am ready to get that back on track. I am under 290lbs now, which officially means I am over 100lbs down, close to 110lbs! I feel much better and have learned a lot about myself.

I started a new game, its mostly social interaction. I have met some amazing folks on there but I need to cut back on the time on that as well. I do a lot of just sitting on it and should be doing other things. I am slowly getting back into art again. Things are going in the right direction!

• Like 4

Good to hear from you and that you're headed back in the right direction and feeling better.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Shello said:

Good to hear from you and that you're headed back in the right direction and feeling better.  

Yes I am happy to be finally moving towards my goal instead of slowly veering to the side. I am also happy that I took the time I needed to deal with it and was also honest with myself about it instead of letting it completely derail me. 5lbs in almost 2 months is not stellar weight loss, but its still going in the right direction with barely trying. So that makes me very happy! 

Appreciate you!

17 hours ago, athousandwords said:

Welcome back! ❤️ It's a good time to join for a new challenge... ;) 

Thank you and I may just check that out!

• Like 3

3/19

I am back on nerd fitness wooo

I had packed up my clothes for the gym so there was no excuses. Wore the right shoes everything.

Work was meh. The people are meh. But honestly they don't respect me or give me what I need so I am not going to let that bother me. I'll be the good little employee but trust and commitment goes both ways. Just because they pay me (nowhere enough but they pay) doesn't mean they own me.

Gym was good but short. I did a light 1RM test. Not the ideal, I had though about postponing it a bit. But I decided against it. I did increase both maxes or see at least some improvement. So that gives me numbers to build off of for the next cycle. I am going to keep the same program for 12 weeks.

Numbers - Deadlift new 1RM 295 - This was completed weeks ago. Im sure I posted more about it there. But I am happy with this and know I could have broken 300 if I was more diligent in my approach. 

Back squat - 145lbs - I definitely could have gone heavier. Probably much heavier. But when I set up for this squat I felt my hamstring strain. I probably should have stopped and not even done the lift but I knew it was within range. This is heavier than before so progress.

Strict Press - 115lbs - This definitely didn't feel strong. I'm certain I could have done more without the break. But its a good starting point for this new cycle and I will accept the numbers and move forward. 

I have stocked the fridge with good food. I also made chili based on a recipe I met online. She is pretty incredible if I am being honest. Lots of feelings there hahah. But thats something for another day I think.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, cn3wton said:

I also made chili based on a recipe I met online. She is pretty incredible

Somehow I don't think you're talking about the chili being incredible. 😆  Glad you're getting back into the swing of things. It sounds like you haven't lose any momentum with your lifts and you're making gains - congrats! Hopefully you'll be happy with your results after 12 weeks.

• Like 2

Level 16 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

CURRENT CHALLENGE

16 minutes ago, athousandwords said:

Somehow I don't think you're talking about the chili being incredible. 😆  Glad you're getting back into the swing of things. It sounds like you haven't lose any momentum with your lifts and you're making gains - congrats! Hopefully you'll be happy with your results after 12 weeks.

Oh definitely not hahaha.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/20/2024 at 9:19 AM, cn3wton said:

Oh definitely not hahaha.

Niiiiiiice :D

• Like 1

Spoiler