cn3wton, Battle log of Ages

This sounds like it was a lot of fun. Wish I could have done it with you.

My wife and I did one of those Obstacle Races last year. It went through a local state park. The course took us up and down the ravines, across and up creeks, and then all the firefighting themed obstacles on top of the tough terrain. It was intense. But was so happy we did it together and finished!

Thank you

It just goes to show you that you can get a good workout anywhere. I hope that you guys can find the time to do something similar again. I always thought that living in upstate new york would be a hindrance to my ability to work out (due to lack of gyms etc). But I found that I just have to find different ways to work out.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Was able to perform the donkey kong 3 times in a row tonight. Barely lost my balance on the fourth.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Added to first post what I am currently working on. This is my next 5 day workout. I am reducing my days in the gym to 2, with 3 workouts at home.

Tried out some animal flow tonight. (I guess its yoga? Who knows)

Anyways it feels great to be able to do that stuff. It feels really cool to throw your body around that way, and to be able to control it.

Also did some handstand practice.

• Like 1

Today was a super busy day.

This morning I did Run Forest Run, again. With a friend. Its a little different than last time.

Cave Man Workout 3

Jog to bottom of hill.

Run up and down hill twice.

Sprint to river and jog back 3 times.

Toss rock back and forth, pick up from ground.

Carry rock back to hill, keeping it away from body.

Carry rock up and down hill any way you can.

Carry rock back to river.

Standing forward jumps (did a certain distance, I would say about 20 times)

Walk backwards to bottom of hill.

Balance walks along logs (4 times around)

Walk up hill.

I also starting tracking my food intake with MyFitnessPal thanks to my friends suggestion. According to that I am only eating like 1500 calories a day, when (if i want to lose 1.5 pounds week) I am supposed to be eating 2660. But I don't know if that's right. I set my activity level at really active, since I work out 6 days a week, and am on my feet at least 20 hours at work as a server. 

• Like 1

Hey brother I send you love and light for your mother. On a light note your exercise looks good bro.

Thank you, I appreciate it.

• Like 1

Here's my food diary on myfitnesspal http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/cn3wton

Tried plain oatmeal this morning. Not a fan.

It's not for everyone, I like it with butter & brown sugar or butter & pepper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I have "healthy" brown sugar and some butter that I put in. Made it a bit better. Still only ate about half of it though.

I honestly might just try to find a healthy cereal as an alternative. I'll give it one more shot though!

Forgot to post this weeks cave man workout, inspired by my free flow workout Run Forest Run

Cave Man Week 5
Jog to bottom of hill.
Walk up hill.

• Like 1

Spent some time sifting through videos by Naudi Aguilar creator of Functional Patterns. Thinking about adding the below to my workout.

DYNAMIC STRETCHING ROUTINE

Below are links for Myofascial Release of both the upper and lower body respectively.

LOWER BODY

UPPER BODY

I love resistance bands, and while I didn't get the ones with handles, I think I can incorporate some of these in.

RESISTANCE BANDS

tumblr_l1monzDdxF1qav2vfo1_400.gif

I love how you hyper link your info bro. Interactive forums are the way to go!

When I find myself wishing that something like this exsisted (in this case a list off a bunch of stretches, what they work, and links to vidoes) why not make it for the next person?

• Like 1

Forgot to post this weeks cave man workout, inspired by my free flow workout Run Forest Run

Cave Man Week 5

Jog to bottom of hill.

Walk up hill.

This sounds like another killer workout.  How far are the hill and the river from each other?  I think it is a great idea to include the log walks - balance is very important.  I also like how you are using your environment to provide you with unique, challenging workouts, especially in the summer when the weather is good. 

Level 4 Ranger
STR 10 / DEX 6 / STA 6 / CON 8 / WIS 6 / CHA 5
Completed Challenges / PVP's: 
1 | 2 3 | 4 | YAYOG | 20-in-10

Current Challenges / PVP's: 5

I honestly have no idea. Maybe a 1/4 mile at most?

Today was a good day so far.

Went to the gym for the full body circuit, progress on the pull up again went up (down?) 1 plate (to 12, I think the plates are like 6 pounds a piece but they dont really match up) and dips went up to 9. So I am steadily moving towards my goal of unassisted pull ups (and dips, but those arent a priority). I could have taken another plate off, but I really wanted to focus on form and making sure I went all the way down, then up on each one.

Moderate progress across the board for other exercises.

Went to my weekly Moe's meal. Was going to get a diet sprite with strawberry but it was out, so I just got tea. Wasn't really all that upset. Almost felt like I was trying to force myself to try the soda. I updated it in my food log and it said it was a good option, so thats cool. Even the chips. I put in that I ate a full order but there were still alot in the bag when I threw it out. But rather be safe and add that I ate more than I did than less. No plans for dinner.

When I got home I was feeling good, friends canceled on golf so I decided to do my agility/flexibility stuff early today. 

To start off I pulled up the video on how to do cartwheels from the TMNT workout post. I have never done (or attempted) one in my life. Well lets just say that, I think I did them? I recorded myself and it looked good for my first attempts.  I have to tweak minor things but I think its looking good. Handstand practice was cut short when I got overconfident, pushed out from the wall and crashed on my face. Luckily I was doing this outside on the grass, and not in my basement with its concrete floors. Tried crow after this and held it for a few seconds. I think it was my surprise that knocked me off balance and I rocked back to my feet. On the second attempt I smashed my face into the grass. On the third attempt (I am stubborn) I was sweating so bad my arms kept slipping off my legs... Going to try starting with my feet on a block first. Got up and decided to try a cartwheel from a walking pace. That did not go well.

By now I was really starting to tire but I did my animal flow stuff. First time looked good, really have to record myself for form check. Second time I accidentally did the exercise on the same side twice, and was so spent that I just stopped there. Did 2 more cartwheels though.

Then I painted a sign for my grandfather. Stopped to read some posts on here and Caolan was taking about riding a bike and thought maybe I would bust mine out and take the sign to my grandfather that way. Well 2 flats so no luck, so I walked it down, holding the sign in one hand with my finger tips (GRIP STRENGTH!)

So in the end I think I am definitely feeling more comfortable throwing my bodywieght around knowing that my arms can support it. And I am feeling much more agile (PARKOUR!).

• Like 2

Updated first post for organization. Makes it easier for me to find things, and easier than copy pasting things as well.

Also found a new inspiration, this guy.

• Like 1

dude I keep finding on my circuits that my lower back is always aching  the next day, I do a full warm up and cool down plus stretches.

Any ideas? Am I going too heavy?

Are you going for reps or time on your circuit?

I think the answer for both is yes your going too heavy. I'll take another look at what your doing and come up with some culprits.

I honestly think you should add some lower back work into your circuit as well to strengthen it.