cn3wton, Battle log of Ages

Wow this is really, really good, cn3wton!

You are incredibly talented. I would love to see more of your artwork. ^.^

Your friends are going to be so touched to get this as a gift. It's stunning.

I will try to post it more often. Thank you so much for the praise!

I think the portrait is coming along nicely!  As someone with NO artistic skill, I have no room to judge or critique.  But I have sifted through some of your other work and it all looks great, this included.  I'm a big fan of the Bioshock art, just as a side note. :)

I had fun with those. Bioshock is one of my all time favorite series.Thanks you for taking an interest!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I am starting the basic one the week after this next challenge. You wanna work through it together? I am taking the remainder of this week and next week "off" to let my body recuperate. That way we know what each of us is doing and can keep each other motivated!

If you guys are interested in a third participant for the challenge, let me know. I have the app, and t has the 10 week workout in videos. It looks like challenging fun!

• Like 1

Level 4 Ranger
STR 10 / DEX 6 / STA 6 / CON 8 / WIS 6 / CHA 5
Completed Challenges / PVP's: 
1 | 2 3 | 4 | YAYOG | 20-in-10

Current Challenges / PVP's: 5

If you guys are interested in a third participant for the challenge, let me know. I have the app, and t has the 10 week workout in videos. It looks like challenging fun!

Your more than welcome to join us!

I am going to have to write down all the people who want to join...

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Woke up this morning and my stupid arms still hurt...

Its probably carrying the tray from work thats doing it...

Or the fact that yesterday I did some 1 armed incline push ups (at about my waist). I am finding it super hard to not use my arms for exercise. I am going stir crazy.

My friend will be coming over for cave man today. I told him I can't do anything heavy with my arms and we decided to do the Run Forest Run circuit again... I don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing! Lol 

I have to work tonight and tomorrow night. So I will still be carrying the trays. I am going to make a conscious effort to carry them in both arms (not just my left) and serve them from a stand instead of holding them. But monday and tuesday I have off, so I am definitely going to take it easy those days. Hoping that will be enough rest before I go back to work wed or thurs depending on the schedule.

When I don't feel any pain during the day I'm like

funny-t-rex-comic-hands-unstoppable-dino

But then later I am like...

ij9zk.jpg

• Like 1

Cave man workout 4 completed today!

My friend actually showed up! I insisted that we couldn't do anything involving arms, he was ok with that.

I would rather have done arms. What we did was 3 simple things but oh my god did it hurt.

Hill sprints x 4

Meat grinders 20yd 40yd 60yd 80yd 100yd 

Perimeter jog cool down

You may be saying "Only 3 exercises cn3wton?!?! Are you going soft!"

And I say no. This hill folks. It's like the devil himself put it there. Every step gets harder because as you go up the hill, the slope increases! Trust me when I say that it is a killer. 4 sprints up this left me gasping for air.

Meat grinder (what my friend called it anyways) is running to a specific point and back, touching the ground at each spot. And not stopping until you are done. You also kind jump when you touch the ground. THIS SUCKED. 

We then jogged around the perimeter of my yard. Its a pretty big yard. Couple acres. This was too cool down.

So i have learned a few things. My endurance when it comes to this kind of stuff is SHOT. It is mainly due to my breathing. I find it harder and harder to breath. Maybe I really do need an inhaler.. I was seeing the doctor about it, but never followed through. I am hoping that as I continue to push myself with these kind of exercises that I can avoid medication. I am hoping that its just due to not running/doing this kind of exercise my whole life... I haven't liked running since I was like 5.

• Like 2

Old sports drill, more commonly called a mixed distance shuttle run.  Distances vary depending on the sport.  I've mostly seen it used indoors for basketball and volleyball.

Ah I see. Thank you. They sucked... but in a good way.

• Like 1

10 week program page is up! If your interested in joining me and some fellow rebels feel free to stop by.

link in my sig

• Like 1

Man, I wish I had a hill near me. I dislike running too. This winter I'm going to work on my aerobic base by loading a tire with stones and dragging it through the alleys.

this hill is killer... Seriously I am going to start calling it mount doom.

I can just imagine the looks you'd get while dragging a tire full of stones through alleys... Lol

So I just balanced crow for like, a long time. Then I was like "Idiot your supposed to be resting!"

So i dropped down out of it... 

• Like 3

This hill folks. It's like the devil himself put it there. Every step gets harder because as you go up the hill, the slope increases! Trust me when I say that it is a killer. 4 sprints up this left me gasping for air.

Oh my sister lived at the top of a hill like this in Istabul...AND she had to push a stroller up it a few times a day. Wish I had a hill like that near my now!  It would be a crazy ridiculous exercise.

So I just balanced crow for like, a long time. 

I did crow for a while today, too! ^.^

• Like 1

Level 2 - Wood Elf - Ranger 

STR : 2 | DEX : 2 | STA : 5 | CON : 3 | WIS : 3 | CHA : 2

Challenges: #1, Current - #2

My Triathlon Training Logs: #1, #2

Hit 189 this morning! Only 9 more pounds till my goal weight!

• Like 2

fran-meme.jpg

So Mount Doom has claimed another victim... After getting a new personal best of 4 sprints on the hill in a row, I was feeling pretty good (mentally definitely not physically, physically I was about to pass out).

Then today I wake up and my left legs like, well it hurts. Reminds me of how my right leg felt back when I was recovering from my ACL tear. Could I still be compensating for my right leg with my left? I think its more likely that the the side slope of the hill puts more strain on my left going up... Gonna have to watch that.

peter-griffin-knee-1.gif

But seriously, why is this happening... Now of all times? Oh well I don't care. Tomorrow I am back to yoga and stuff. Bright side arm feels better. So maybe some handstand practice too.

image.png

• Like 1

YAYYYYYYYYY Congrats!! :panda:

How is your leg feeling now?

I iced it a few times today.

Surprisingly it feels better after work. After being on my feet all night..

• Like 1

Still 14 calories under goal.

HA TAKE THAT FAMILY LABOR DAY PARTY!

• Like 2

So today I made home made icepacks. Currently sitting downstairs on the floor icing my knees. I've decided to start doing it every night, instead of just waiting for myself to injure myself then do it.

They work great. I decided to use cheaper bags on the outside. But I just found that the one was ripped... Luckily the inner one is fine. But im going to have to put another bag around it. May triple wrap them.

Def worth doing though.

1 cups rubbing alcohol for every 2 cups water. Dont fill the bags too much. So they can conform to your knees/arms/etc.

• Like 2

Update on the icepacks. I made them a little bit too large for the amount of liquid I had. 1 gallon bags with 3 cups of liquid meant that on my knee it wouldn't cover all the surface area. So I decided that after icing I would transfer them to the smaller2 quart bags I had. 

I iced about 10-15 minutes while sitting up against a wall. 1 pack under each knee and one on top. It felt pretty good. So I was planning on doing a few 10 min on 10 min off sessions. So I started stretching out the hamstrings, then I noticed that 2 of the bags where leaking... I wont say the brand of freezer bag I used, but lets just say they weren't very HEFTY. In its defense I think it was the ones under my legs so I had pressure on them. So I will try to remember not to push down to hard on them.

So I made them again. Double bagged them with small bags, then added another large bag over them. I put them out on the porch so that the stuff that got on the outside of the bag would evaporate.

• Like 2