cn3wton, Battle log of Ages

Todays lunch

20140902_1221011.jpg

Relatively simple and according to MFP only like 200-300 calories!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

So this last week is a "rest" week for me. So I made some goals for myself especially for my days off (today and yesterday). And they have been going well. I have cleaned and mostly organized one room, I will do the other tonight. I have finished one drawing for my friends wedding, and will hopefully start the next today.

I am going outside right now to draw from a couple books I have and enjoy the nice weather. For my next challenge drawing from books will be a part of it. So I decided that if I limited down the possibilities to just 3 (1 for figure drawing, 1 for painting, and 1 for design) that it would make it easier for me to commit. I will have to complete 1 chapter in each book before I can move on to a different one of the 3. And when I see complete I mean MASTER. And there will be no skipping ahead (unless the book tells me to look ahead for something, but I don't think these ones do.) I think this will get me back on track, especially for painting.

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Monday can't come soon enough...I seriously feel like crap not doing an exercise program. yoga and agility stuff is just not doing it.

Purchased the perfect pull up bar. It swings down to better do inverted rows etc.

Tried using it for let-me-ins (body-weight rows). Not ideal height though. May try using a towel with it.

So I bought sticky notes and a marker. And my plan was to put a few goals up on my wall. But I just kept coming up with ideas, and now I have about 40 sticky notes on my wall!

I did some where there was a general topic, such as crossfit. And sticky notes on how I could achieve that goal. Such as saving money, and then a side goal of completing a month of crossfit. Or for instance scuba, where 2 sub goals are being certified diver, and having my own equipment. These kinds of goals will never disappear, but instead will evolve. So if I take off 1 month of crossfit (and I like it) maybe put up 2 months of crossfit etc. 

So I need a name for this wall... Something awesome...

So what do you guys think I should call it?

• Like 3

Just started my challenge #2 thread. Will post more info in it later. http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/53794-cn3wton-will-take-the-ring-to-mordor/

This battle log is not dead. 

I haven't been doing as many kick butt exercies before because, well, to put it simply. YAYOG is HARD. Lol. I do go out and do some other stuff, but not the same. My friend has continually been ignoring my texts about cave man... Looks like I may be flying solo for awhile.

But I do want to get my saturday workout back in the mix...

So thanks to the various PVP's I am doing this time around I think that I will finally have more posts for this battle log.

On top of my YAYOG workout today I did.

10 minutes on bike (2.8 miles)

5 rounds of the following

• 1 minute jump rope
  • 6 push ups with feet elevated to knee height

Then I combined sketching with exercise. I did 1 minute profile sketches, then I did 10 seated dips. Repeated 5 times.

I got my handstand practice in for the week, when I tried to move to fully upright my shoulders started to ache so I dropped out of it. I did alot of upper body stuff already.

I also did 5 pull ups, but I would start from a standing position, then pull myself up to the bar, then let my feet down. I cant do them one after another yet (havent really tried) but I am happy with my progress. May try to add a negative movement to it after I go up. 

So Dark_Raiders pvp has really gotten me into using the jump rope. I've had it for awhile but got discouraged and stopped using it.

I can tell you what helps you learn quick. Jump rope in bare feet. When you miss the jump it hurts like a mother.

I have been practicing double unders, and did my first one successfully a few days ago. My current streak is only two in a row though.

So today I did 41 double unders. Then i did 20 minutes of free jumping. Wherein I tried new things like 1 legged jumps, running in place, and cross overs. The last is what I am most proud of,as I wrapped myself in the rope numerous times. And almost fell once because of it.

I'm thinking about bringing back my cave man workouts... I'll probably be flying solo but I miss doing it. My tires have been getting no love lately.

So in a desperate attempt to up my protein intake I did the following after my core workout for YAYOG.

I took 1 small cucumber, 1 stalk of celery, 1/2 a banana, handful of frozen strawberries, and 2 SCOOPS OF PROTEIN POWDER (40g). Then I totally ate it like it was a meal. It was a bit chalky but oh well.

Just kidding I totally filled up the rest with water then blended it in my ninja. It wasn't too bad, but if I am going to continue to put protein powder in these smoothie like drinks I need to not have just chocolate protein powder.

I ate the other half of the banana too, because that would just be wasteful.

Is it that time again? Oh yes, yes it is.

I finally did another cave man workout. If my friends are going to continue to ditch me on the weekends I am not going to use that as an excuse to slack off! So heres what I did!

Cave Man Workout #5

10 x Double Unders (Done while jumping normally, so I would do single, single, double, single, trip on rope, curse, try again hit myself in the toes, rinse and repeat).

10 x Close Grip Push Ups with hands just below knee height

10 x 1 handed bodyweight Let Me In's 

10 x Alternating Sledgehammer Swings

10 x Behind the back shoulder press

5 x Fore-arm builders

5 x Tire Flips

10 x Deep Squat

I did this a total of 5 times (holy shit I didn't realize how many exercises I was doing...) No time limit and I didnt time myself. I sometimes prefer that over intervals. I only took breaks when I was absolutely dead, or when I hit myself in the toe with the jump rope... Stupid shoes have like no padding whatsoever.

All kidding aside I am getting a lot better at jumping rope. I have found that if I keep my head up and dont look at my feet I do much better.

• Like 2

So I made my second "real" smoothie/drink thing of the week.

I blended the following together in my single serve ninja

Kale

Spinach

Plain Greek Yogurt

1 Kiwi

1/2 a lemon

And well... it was awful

HomerSourball.gif

I need to cut back the size of everything, it was so bitter...

On the plus side Shadow Of Mordor is still amazing.

Domination-large.gif

Ugh, sounds awful. If I drink a smoothie I want it to be more like a malt.

I didnt mind the consistency so much. But it was indeed awful.

You need to add an apple or carrot...not two acids! Kiwi isn't enough, and I'd be afraid the lemon would curdle the nonsweet Greek yogurt! Shivering at the thought!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This is why I need more people like you around!

Will try to keep that in mind next time.

I blended up a drink today that was a bit better tasting.

1 scoop chocolate protein powder

1/2 a banana

4-5 strawberries

1 stalk of kale (with leavesof course)

A small handful of spinach

1 kiwi

Filled out with water

It tasted a bit better, but the seeds and bits of leaves tend to move to the bottom of the glass. I drink straight from the single serve cup I blend in... maybe I will start transferring it to another glass. But it tasted pretty good, kinda like chocolate covered strawberries/fruit. I honestly think drinking this before work helps me stop snacking.

I have hit my protein goals for the last 3 days, I am pretty pumped about that. And I am actually starting to like the taste of my protein powder. 

So today was a good day. I got up and went to Moes as is tradition.

Then I got home and did week 5 day 1 of YAYOG. Involved a lot of push ups I never thought I would be able to do. Like close grip (diamond), feet elevated, etc. But I did um, supersetted with 12 reps of exercises that are equally killer.

So then I took a gander at the warhammer PVP. And apparently my ambition to rule the world and be the big bad guy has put a target over my head. So I have upped my training even more to reflect it. I really want my character to be the "evil that even evil wants to destroy". So I decided to shoot for a unit thats really expensive to beef up my army. I checked what points I had left, 19. lol. The troop costs 219... So I created this circuit and went through it 4 times.

10 seated dips

10 one armed let me ins

10 alternating sledgehammer swings

10 cinder block standing presses

5 fore arm builders

5 tire flips

So I got my rare unit, but thats not gonna be enough to conquer the world. So I got on the bike. Did 42 minutes 34 seconds and got 10 miles in. Then I decided to go use the jump rope. Did some free skipping to loosen up my legs, equated to 13 minutes 34 seconds. Then I did 30 double unders. I reached a new record of 3 double unders in a row! I set the goal at the beginning. That I wouldn't quit until I did it. And let me tell you I am sore.

So I went upstairs and blended my new favorite way to have a protien shake.

2 scoops protein powder (40 grams of protein baby!)

most of a banana

handful of strawberries

water to top it off

Now I am laying in my basement typing this icing my knees.

Things I have to do:

• Move the mat onto the cement where I jump rope, I need a better more forgiving surface to jump on
  • Find some stretches

Oh and I broke my jump rope today, don't worry I was able to fix it. Guess I may need to get a better one soon though.

damnit, if you're upping your training that means I need to up mine

you're the best/worst fitness wingman out there

Join me in my quest for world domination! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!