cn3wton, Battle log of Ages

yup, did you see mine?

Bro... BROOO that hurts. You dont want to join me in world domination...

Brooo.... lol

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

join sure, but work for, no

You're only interested in folk being your bitch instead of your bro  :nevreness:

Not necessarily. But he has his own plans and if your not helping his goals your hindering them. Hes really only interested in fighting, its the demon that possesses him that pushes him to be more than that.

which is sad because between us we could take it all

Yea thats kinda why I dont really see myself forming a lot of alliances. Im in it for the fighting, taking on impossible odds. 

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

probably for the best we didn't ally

Yea I think next challenge I am gonna switch armies up. I have played chaos before and they are fun and strong but relatively simple, and I prefer more tactical troops.

So I am kind of saying "enough is enough" for my Warhammer PVP. I am hoping that the amount of troops I have assembled will be enough. And since I have a super complicated strategy that I already sent to dark_raider I dont feel like being "Oh add X amount of these guys to the mix." Hes got his hands full enough. So I counted today and yesterdays YAYOG as well as these mini circuits I did during the day.

10x Push ups

10x Squats

10x Rows

10x Push ups

10x Squats

10x Seated Dips

10x Rows

I did both a few different times throughout the day. Along with some pull ups.

I also did something, forgot what its called, cross throughs? You basically start in an incline push up position with your hands on two different chairs. You do a push up, then swing your legs forwards through the gap in the chairs into a seated dip position. Then you do a dip. It was surprisingly difficult. I think maybe because of the extended amount of time you arms hold your bodyweight up?

Anyways all future exercises from this point will go to next weeks battle. Going to wait to see the battle results tomorrow before getting any troops though.

Off to get some bbq, then I will be back on later tonight after work!

cool, I have neither at the moment but I am trying to decide which to get

Get the one! Then we can play!

Its not a computer game though! You'll be fine.

"Stop thinking of it as a curse to be given an enemy in life, it can be a blessing too. A wise man gets more from his enemies than a fool from his friends." Niki Lauda quoted from the movie Rush.

If you've never seen this movie I highly suggest you see it. I am not a big racing guy, but I truly enjoy this movie. I find it pretty inspirational.

See the movie came up on a list of free movies shown by my provider, so I promptly started it up and fast forwarded to the above part of the movie. I won't spoil anything for you, but the movie is about the "rivalry" between Niki Lauda and James Hunt, a fellow formula 1 racer. The quote comes about near the end, where Niki admits to James that they pushed each other to their limits and that is why they did as well as they did.

It's got me thinking about my own life. And I think my issue is that I lack enemies. Now I am not saying it as someone that I despise, no. Niki admits that James was one of the few fellow racers he respected, and the only one he envied. But I am talking someone to push me to be my best. My first year in art school I met a fellow student. This kid was a few years younger than me, and he was extremely talented and had been focusing on art for years. Meanwhile I hadn't drawn in years. He blew my stuff out of the water, at first. His stuff was always picked for the wall. So I started talking to him, and he and I formed a rivalry. We where always pushing each other to our limits, being brutally honest with eachothers work. We where both chosen to work on a project for a local paper, and when mine beat his and was put on their site I can't lie, I was excited.

But we where friends, we would take our breaks and go to the zoo and sketch, go grab lunch, or just sit and sketch between classes. When one of us found a resource we would share it. I made some of the best progress artistically when competing with him.

Then he dropped out. After that I never really felt that I had any rivals in my classes. My stuff was always better. I didnt have anyone to compete with. So I just skated through the classes. I spent almost no time at home on my work.

This has been something that has driven me in my fitness as well. I have a few friends that have been athletic for years, and one would do cave man with me on the weekends. When he would come and work out with me I would push myself as much as I could. 

So I need to start getting more competitive, and find chances to meet and compete with people in art and fitness. I think that will push me in the right direction. I have been far too modest and tentative with my abilities. I need to put myself out there. I have always been honest about my abilities. I know I have a ways to go in fitness and in art. But if I don't try to push myself I wont be going anywhere!

Feeling pretty poorly motivated myself tbh

no one around me is that bothered about fitness, and if they were there are all skinny dudes looking to put on mass. None of them are big dudes trying to build power. I am still on the search for a gym because it feels like none of them actually give a damn if I get fitter as long as I am paying my money. So there is no where to really get advice, talk to about it or to hold me accountable.

weird ain't it?

So I think I have decided that after this 10 week YAYOG program ends I am going to join the crossfit gym I visited.

It is 45 minutes away, but I have the money saved and wont be working at nights. 

To be honest I am absolutely terrified. When I first set out on this 10 week YAYOG program I wanted to really stick to my diet as well. And I was hoping that I would be slimmer and in even better shape than I am. And to be honest it just didnt happen. I can tell I have had strength gains, but the diet has been not as I would have liked. The last 2 weeks or so especially.

So I have decided that as of right now thats going to change. I have about 3 more weeks left to get ready. I would like to be about 185 when I join the gym. 

I know they can alter exercises for ability, but yea...

So I did really good food wise today, during the day at least.

For lunch I was at my friends apartment, they ordered pizza. I got chicken, and only had 1 slice of pizza. Small piece too.

Then for dinner I had some minestrone soup and a diet soda. I drank a ton of water during the day to.

Then when I got home for work I remembered I had some chicken and ribs left from yesterday... so I had those. Then for some stupid reason I had a bowl of cereal. I am not upset about the chicken and ribs, at least those are ok for me. But the cereal... Really? Oh well.

This has been a good transition day. Tomorrow will be even better! Tomorrow is also the last day of work... So excited.

the last day of working there for like ever?

Hopefully!