cn3wton, Battle log of Ages

I can relate. Last year was a tough year and I put back on quite a bit of my weight too. It's aggravating that the things I had worked up to are now difficult again, clothes don't fit, and I don't look like I did in the mirror. But you did it before and you'll get there again. You've still got the determination that helped you before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Use that photo as motivation, not as something to bring you down. Sneaking in exercise has worked for you in the past and Nerdhammer should help with motivation for that.

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

My battle log tends to be quite during challenges. But I will do my best to post here.

Walked a lot this weekend, but also ate, and drank, A LOT. 

NerdHammer is in full swing! I suggest you check out the link in my Signature!

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

This is officially day 1 of turning everything around. So far so good (even though its only 3 hours into the day.)

Brought water, a protein shake, and a protein bar to get me through the day until lunch. Then I will have a chicken salad with hot sauce (no dressing). 

During breaks today I will be building reps up for nerdhammer! And planning my shopping list for meal prep.

• Like 3

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

So just realized I am limited to 5 messages a day on the forums... thats going to make things difficult lol

3 hours ago, cn3wton said:

So just realized I am limited to 5 messages a day on the forums... thats going to make things difficult lol

I don't get it. The forum software is limiting how many times you can post?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

6 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I don't get it. The forum software is limiting how many times you can post?

No its limiting how many times I can send private messages lol

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

@spezzy @Virago, is that a software thing that can be adjusted?

The current limit is 10 NEW PM's per day, not counting replies. Anything else would be a within a certain amount of time to prevent someone from coming in and just sending a ton of PM's as spam.

• Like 3
I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
1 hour ago, spezzy said:

The current limit is 10 NEW PM's per day, not counting replies. Anything else would be a within a certain amount of time to prevent someone from coming in and just sending a ton of PM's as spam.

Thanks for letting me know. Makes sense!

21 hours ago, spezzy said:

I know literally nothing about forums yet. WHERE AM I WHO IS THIS

Thanks Spezzy for answering ;)

• Like 3

Multiclassed Knife Dancer [Warrior Monk Range-sassin and Druid-in-training]

"Tiny, but FIERCE!" -The Dresden Files

CHALLENGE FIVE HERE!

Spoiler

These are all old:

Challenges: 1 | 2 3 | 4 

Post-CNF2015 Battle Log

Say hi IRL: Instagram Facebook NF Profile

Going to get back to using this for tracking my daily workouts and antics again.

During work I did quite a few push ups, lunges, and squats throughout the day. These are feeling better and better.

I took the weight belt I had bought a year or so ago to the gym and donated it to the community rack. The gym owner saw me and came over asking what I was doing. I said I was "making a donation" and he said "I don't want you to give that up, because you will be in that belt again and I am going to do everything I can to make that happen." So I talked with him a bit about what I have been struggling with. This isnt the first time I have had this conversation with the owner, or one of the coaches at the gym. But I was even more honest than before. I would make or buy good food, then just not eat it. Choosing instead to go get crap on lunch while the good stuff went to waste. I really got lucky with my gym, everyone there is just amazing.

Got to the gym early, decided to start leaving right from work. Instead of sitting on the benches waiting for class I did something. I have a checklist of lifts I want to start regularly doing again and perfecting, mainly strongman stuff. So I pulled out the farmers handles. Worked up to a set where I could carry them down, drop them, then pick them back up with minimal rest. Ended at 140lbs per hand. Far from my "max", but felt pretty good. Once I got them off the ground the carry was cakewalk, just gotta get used to lifting the farmers handles from the ground again.

Then I switched to the circus dumbbell. My goal had always been to hit the 80lb one we have in the gym. But I always fell just short. But now we have a 60lb one that I can easily do reps with. Felt great to be able to hit it, and I can use it to build up to the 80lb one. Need to focus on using both arms in the lift, as my non domininant side is, as to be expected, a bit shakey. Did about 15-20 reps while waiting for the class to start up.

So for the warm up we did 3 minutes of nonstop burpees. Which made everyone groan but I tell you what for the first time in a long time they felt GREAT. Like I finally felt like my body was starting to move without everything being a struggle. Which is great.

Warmed up to do a heavy set of 3 on the strict press. Goal was to work up to 110. I made to big a jump on the last set of 105, so I ended up missing the 3rd rep. I got it about halfway up and my arms died. I could have probably pushed through but I have a tendency to bail early on things like that... I was ok with this result. Not as good as I would like but now I have a starting point.

The workout was 

5 rounds

15 ab mat sit ups

12 box overs (20 inch)

9 push press (95 lbs)

Completed in 12 minutes

I did the first 3 rounds of push press unbroken. Which is funny because its so close to what I did for strict press. All other movements went unbroken and I forced myself to take minimal rest. On the last set disaster struck. I dropped the bar after 4 reps and the end of it crashed into the wall putting a hole in it... The gym owner goes "Oh man! You put a hole in my wall!" Then laughed it off. Hes good about it, but its not something I am happy about doing. So then I picked up the bar and got 2 more reps. The owner comes over to cheer me on. I go for the last rep and my arms just give out. Its been a long time since I have reached that point in a workout. I honestly didnt know if I could do another rep. The guy I usually compete with was catching me though, the first time in a long time I was able to not only keep up but pass him. I went to grab the bar and got it overhead just after he finished.  

This is by far, the best day at the gym I have had in a long, long time. I may not have hit my 3rd rep but I felt great at the gym.

As I was leaving one of my coaches came over and talked to me about strongman. I used to take his strongman class and he said that he posts new strongman workouts every day on his website so I might start pulling stuff from that to do before class.

If I leave work on time (no overtime) and go straight to the gym I can usually make the 430 class but be a few minutes late. I think from now on I am just going to do my own thing and workout with the 530 class.

Got home from the gym, started cleaning my car, and I turned. I dont know why I did. But there, standing where my last dog always used to stand, was a stray. I had to take a double take as I thought I was seeing things. Ended up being a super friendly dog, but we didnt find the owners until 11pm. So I ate some stuff quick but ate HEALTHY. And felt really good about yesterday tracking wise.

• Like 4

6/1/17

Another excellent day all around. Tracking was on point. Did my extra workouts throughout the day. All good.

Got to the gym early like I planned. Set up for a warm up workout.

5 min am rap x 3 (2 min rest between rounds)

25 battle rope

4 stone to shoulder (65)

Went light on the stone considering I basically forgot how to do them lol. 

Did some bike, then warmed up for the wod. Skill was arch and hollow hold. Did I mention my core strength is shit?

Workout was 

20 min am rap

Run 400

2 min rest

I got 5 runs in but only because I went over on time. These fun strongman workouts have really helped me feel better for the actual workouts.

I still suck at running. But I know this will take time. Won't let it get to me.

• Like 3

6/2/17

Sore but feeling great. Activating muscles that have been dormant for awhile. Feeling more flexible and confident. Food is on point and tracked. Though I didn't eat 100% clean I did track.

Decided to get some bigger nice workout clothes and new shoes. Sick of looking like a slob at the gym. And everyone knows the most important thing at the gym is making sure you look good. My Nanos I've had since I started crossfit years ago. While ok it's time to move on.

Did I mention I put a barbell through the wall at my gym? So after work I stopped and picked up a patch kit for 10 bucks. Owner really appreciated it. Said I didn't have to. But I wanted to. 

Because of stopping to get the patch only had 30 or so minutes before class. So I pushed the prowler down and back a bunch. Didn't really count. Just did it once. Rested until my breath was back and repeated.

Deadlifted today. Kept it light since I haven't done it in quite some time only the last few weeks, and can't fit in a belt anymore. Was happy with 235 for 6. Could have done a lot more. But after you get one deadline back injury it tends to stick with you.

Workout

21 15 9

Cleans (75)

Burpees 

Completed in 10:58

Workout felt ok. Full cleans are not my strong suit. I can hang power clean this weight all day. But forcing myself to catch it in a squat is just not something I'm good at. I think focuses on leg strength and mobility will definitely help.

I'm reminded everyday about where I used to be. But it's bugging me less and less. I'm feeling good about these changes.

• Like 4

6/5/17

My bad knee has been acting up today. Food on point.

Got to the gym early and stretched it out l. Then did prowler push, down and back ten times with 100 lbs on the sled.

This is something I did all the time and was really good at. Now it wipes me out. But it's a great workout.

After a short warm up involving air squats, Burpees, and the song roxxanne we strict pressed. Worked up to max reps of 95% of our 1RM. I did 3 at 110. Happy with that.

Workout was a partner wod.

Starting with 3 of each rep, then adding 3 each round.

Push press at 95

Jumping pull up

I felt really good in this workout. Could have gone farther with a different partner, but not worried. He's a good guy and he gave 100%, that's all I need.

• Like 3

Looks like a solid return to good habits. I bet Nerdhammer is helping with the motivation ;)

Strongman stuff is pretty awesome btw

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

9 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Looks like a solid return to good habits. I bet Nerdhammer is helping with the motivation ;)

Strongman stuff is pretty awesome btw

NerdHammer has been huge!

And strongman is like my new passion. Well has been my passion for awhile now but haven't been pushing it as much as I'd like.

• Like 2

Finally made it to the actual gym for a workout last night.

Did a workout for an upcoming competition (more on that later) and farmers carries. Then did the class.

Worked up to 135 for clean and jerk. This is very light, but I am trying to work on catching the clean in the squat, then my split jerk. Both of these need a lot of work.

The workout was simple, one mile for time. This did not go well... Needless to say I was not happy with my time, but I also wore my Nike Metcons. And I tell you what they are not ideal for running. My calves and glutes where in literal pain. So I need to make sure I have my Nanos for running from now on.

Now the big news. I have signed up for a competition with a buddy from the gym. Its got a mock triathalon esque WOD that uses the air dyne, rower, and ski erge. Flipping tires and jumping rope with a thicker rope (which I did yesterday) and some unannounced stuff. They are all workouts I can do and wieghts I can lift. So I have 3 months to prepare, and now a tangible goal to shoot for.

Heres the first 2 workouts

Workout 1

6 min 

40 Calories on Bike as a team

30 Calories on the Ski Erg as a team

20 Calories on the Rower as a team

Remaining time burpees over rail.

Workout 2

12 Tire flips

60 fat rope single unders

8 Tire Flips

60 Fat Rope Single Unders

4 Tire Flips

60 Fat Rope Single Unders

6 Min Time Cap

Tire is 400lbs, both partners can help with the flip in the scaled division.

• Like 4

Last few days have gone well. I have been to the gym consistently, even when I was extremely tired yesterday and just wanted to sleep so that is good.

Monday I got to the gym early and did a long training session. Warmed up on the skierg and flipping the 400lb tire while I tried to figure out what I wanted to do. Decided to use those in the workout, and throw in some circus dumbbell work. It went as follows

10 rounds

5 cals skierg sprint

3 tire flips (400lb)

4 circus dumbbell (2 per arm)

I did this one after another with minimal rest, then rested a bit between rounds. I do this before class so I consider it more of a warm up, and the big focus is technique for the skierg and tire flip, both exercises in my upcoming competition.

Class was working up to a heavy 5 rep on the front squat. I just couldn't get comfortable with this. I dont know why but my back kept rounding over. Only worked up to a measley 110lbs. Legs wanted to do more but the chest said no... Got to figure this out.

Workout was climbing sets starting with 2-2 of pistols (to a box) and hanging knee raises. Increasing each by 2 reps for each round. 9 min time cap. I started with the box pretty high as I have not done pistols in forever, then lowered it as I went. Got some serious work to do here.

Yesterday I was super tired after work, worked overtime and got to the gym 5 minutes after class started but I jumped in.

Skill work on 1 armed kettlebell presses and trying out a few different upper body pulling variations.

Workout was a partner workout. We alternated, ending with the following totals.

50 burpees

100 amercian kb swings

50 push press with 2 dumbbells

100 med ball tosses

50 burpees

Took us 15 minutes to complete and let me tell you it was a rough one. 

• Like 3

6/21

Had a splitting headache but drank some water and went to the gym anyways.

Warmed up with some rowing etc

Strength was rope pull ups. Did these from the ground pulling myself up since I can no longer do any form of pull up at my current weight. Transitioned to a short skill session of rope climbs, which I can't do anymore either.

Workout was 5 rounds

1 min max dips (40 seconds to work)

1 min max row for cals (40 seconds to work)

1 min L-sit progression (40 seconds to work)

1 min max rope climbs progression (40 seconds to work)

This one sucked. I made damn sure I was at every station and ready to go for the time we where given. 20 seconds to transfer to the next station sounds like a lot but it definitely didn't feel like it. Got a decent enough score, and a great workout. So I am happy.

Other B.S.

While I was doing my strength work talked to a friend at the gym. I was working on rope pull-ups with a 50 year old woman that was crushing it. I am very good friends with her as well and she's definitely an inspiration. She told me she had been doing this stuff for a very long time and not to sweat it. When she walked away my buddy gave it to me good. A long the lines of "Your fine stop putting yourself down and do the work. You can do it. Nobody cares that you've fallen behind and into bad habits, all we care about is that your here man so suck it up." I am paraphrasing of course, but I really appreciate his insight.

The owner of the gym must have caught on to my frustration at the gym as well. So he came over and gave me some encouragement as well. To the point that he made sure he checked in on me constantly during the workout and pushed me. I am not the sort that generally needs this kind of stuff to push myself, but after a relatively shitty day it really helped me get my head out of my own ass and do the work.

While it is discouraging that I can no longer do things like pull ups or even as many push ups as I used to, I guess I am letting it get to me more than I thought if others are picking up on it....

Warning incoming possibly triggering discussion/

In other news I found a youtuber that I find quite interesting. His channel is Infinite Elgintensity, and be warned, his content is not for everyone. I don't really know how I ended up watching one of his videos, but it was one of his videos where he does commentary of poor lifting form and fails. And I found him quite hilarious. Now this may surprise you, but he absolutely detests and pokes fun at crossfit all the time. As an avid lover of crossfit myself, you may be wondering why I would like his stuff? Well 1, I am a grown man who understands and can appreciate good humor when I see it, and 2 everyone is entitled to their own opinions and thoughts. His attitude definitely will put off most crossfit folks as he sometimes pushes it pretty far. 

But as I was listening and watching his videos it got me thinking about crossfit, and why I like it so much. I can tell you, without a doubt, the reason why I like crossfit has nothing to do with crossfit itself, but the gym I go to. I have dropped in at a few other boxes and if I had started at one of these I probably would not still be doing crossfit. Not that the people were not welcoming or anything like that. But I can't help but cringe when I see people perform a lift with bad form and get praised for it. 

My gym is quite different from other boxes in a few key ways. I'll give you a few examples. The first, and perhaps most important, is that all the main coaches have certificates, training, and schooling in health and fitness that are far above any crossfit certification. I by no means want to poke fun at people who coach using a L1 cert from crossfit, but lets be real it's not really that difficult to obtain one. Every week one of my coaches is travelling, learning something from professionals in powerlifting, olympic lifting, all of these things. One just completed college with a degree in nutrition (which he went back to obtain, he's older than I am). Now we do have other coaches who only have the level 1, but they never teach alone. Are there coaches out there that are great that have crossfit only certificates? Sure! To be fair there are people out there with no kind of "formal" training that are probably more skilled than officially trained coaches. 

Standards. In everything we do at the gym you are held at the strictest standards for movements. If you break form you will be told and they will even stop you mid workout to help you fix it. If you continue to break form you will lower the wieght on the bar or scale. Granted things will fall through the cracks here and there. But every time a coach will praise someone for doing 10 perfect air squats over the person churning them out who bends over so far their chest touches their knees. You dont do squat cleans in the workout if you can't pull them off with good form. And you sure as hell don't do prescribed weight.

The focus in my gym is performing movements in the best way possible to make them beneficial to your health. Two perfect instances? Box jumps and pull ups. In my gym if you cannot do a good set of strict pull ups, you cannot kip. Period. Also if a workout has box jumps on it all members are encouraged to step up. Why? Well the owner loves to show off his pristine shins. No workout in the gym is worth permanent scarring. 

Crossfit is great for a lot of reasons I am by no means bashing it. But there are valid concerns regarding it. And this stems from the fact that there are quite a few bad gyms out there. I have judged and competed in quite a few competitions (more judging than competing). And I can attest that form and safety goes out the window for the sake of a better score. And this is not only at the local level, clips of professional crossfitters performing movements with poor (and dangerous) form are everywhere.

I guess in the end my point is that I wish that Crossfit pushed quality over quantity a bit more at the higher levels. If you can't hit that lift to the standards of a power lifting meet it should be a no rep. This would then trickle down into the local communities. And we would see a lot less injury in the very least. /End 

• Like 5

6/22 

Pretty good day, not feeling so tired at work. Left on time (no overtime) so I got to the gym early. Did some strength work, nothing serious. But since my gym didn't program any deadlifts in this week I wanted to make sure I got some in. Just threw plates on there and kept going until it got moderately heavy for a set of 5. Focus on impeccable form and feeling solid in the lift. Had a buddy watch me on the last set to make sure it was all good. Did 245 for 5 with relative ease. Rushed the fifth rep a little bit due to loss of focus, but thats not a big deal.

Then I benched, which is by far my weakest lift. My shoulders always have been just a mess. Worked up to a set of 5 at 135 just to loosen everything up. I want to keep pushing this and getting stronger here, not because I care about my bench numbers, but when I used to do bench and overhead presses my shoudlers felt better. And my push ups werent absolute agony anymore. Trying to get back to that.

As I was finishing up lifting the owner came in to make sure I was jumping into the next class. Wanted to make sure I got some endurance work in and that I would love it today. I said I was planning on it (hadn't looked at the workout yet) and he said good and that I would love it.

It was 25 minutes of as many meters as possible. 500 row, 400 run and repeat.

That sucked. I just couldn't get any strength in the pulls on the rows near the end as my form is so bad I never actually feel like I am driving with my legs. And the run hurts my legs. Not like pain, just soreness. But it's hard for me to push myself to breathe hard on a run due to this. I think I am just going to have to suck it up and deal with it.

This weekend I am off to a nearby convention. My friends and I started a gaming company and this will be our 3rd event we have attended. We have custom minis we created and are working of various games, books, and artwork to accompany them. We have a team of about 10 right now. Its been a pretty wild ride so far but we are making awesome stuff that I am very proud of.

Hopefully I will eat decent...

• Like 3

On 6/22/2017 at 9:22 AM, cn3wton said:

6/21

Had a splitting headache but drank some water and went to the gym anyways.

Warmed up with some rowing etc

Strength was rope pull ups. Did these from the ground pulling myself up since I can no longer do any form of pull up at my current weight. Transitioned to a short skill session of rope climbs, which I can't do anymore either.

Workout was 5 rounds

1 min max dips (40 seconds to work)

1 min max row for cals (40 seconds to work)

1 min L-sit progression (40 seconds to work)

1 min max rope climbs progression (40 seconds to work)

This one sucked. I made damn sure I was at every station and ready to go for the time we where given. 20 seconds to transfer to the next station sounds like a lot but it definitely didn't feel like it. Got a decent enough score, and a great workout. So I am happy.

Other B.S.

While I was doing my strength work talked to a friend at the gym. I was working on rope pull-ups with a 50 year old woman that was crushing it. I am very good friends with her as well and she's definitely an inspiration. She told me she had been doing this stuff for a very long time and not to sweat it. When she walked away my buddy gave it to me good. A long the lines of "Your fine stop putting yourself down and do the work. You can do it. Nobody cares that you've fallen behind and into bad habits, all we care about is that your here man so suck it up." I am paraphrasing of course, but I really appreciate his insight.

The owner of the gym must have caught on to my frustration at the gym as well. So he came over and gave me some encouragement as well. To the point that he made sure he checked in on me constantly during the workout and pushed me. I am not the sort that generally needs this kind of stuff to push myself, but after a relatively shitty day it really helped me get my head out of my own ass and do the work.

While it is discouraging that I can no longer do things like pull ups or even as many push ups as I used to, I guess I am letting it get to me more than I thought if others are picking up on it....

Warning incoming possibly triggering discussion/

In other news I found a youtuber that I find quite interesting. His channel is Infinite Elgintensity, and be warned, his content is not for everyone. I don't really know how I ended up watching one of his videos, but it was one of his videos where he does commentary of poor lifting form and fails. And I found him quite hilarious. Now this may surprise you, but he absolutely detests and pokes fun at crossfit all the time. As an avid lover of crossfit myself, you may be wondering why I would like his stuff? Well 1, I am a grown man who understands and can appreciate good humor when I see it, and 2 everyone is entitled to their own opinions and thoughts. His attitude definitely will put off most crossfit folks as he sometimes pushes it pretty far. 

But as I was listening and watching his videos it got me thinking about crossfit, and why I like it so much. I can tell you, without a doubt, the reason why I like crossfit has nothing to do with crossfit itself, but the gym I go to. I have dropped in at a few other boxes and if I had started at one of these I probably would not still be doing crossfit. Not that the people were not welcoming or anything like that. But I can't help but cringe when I see people perform a lift with bad form and get praised for it. 

My gym is quite different from other boxes in a few key ways. I'll give you a few examples. The first, and perhaps most important, is that all the main coaches have certificates, training, and schooling in health and fitness that are far above any crossfit certification. I by no means want to poke fun at people who coach using a L1 cert from crossfit, but lets be real it's not really that difficult to obtain one. Every week one of my coaches is travelling, learning something from professionals in powerlifting, olympic lifting, all of these things. One just completed college with a degree in nutrition (which he went back to obtain, he's older than I am). Now we do have other coaches who only have the level 1, but they never teach alone. Are there coaches out there that are great that have crossfit only certificates? Sure! To be fair there are people out there with no kind of "formal" training that are probably more skilled than officially trained coaches. 

Standards. In everything we do at the gym you are held at the strictest standards for movements. If you break form you will be told and they will even stop you mid workout to help you fix it. If you continue to break form you will lower the wieght on the bar or scale. Granted things will fall through the cracks here and there. But every time a coach will praise someone for doing 10 perfect air squats over the person churning them out who bends over so far their chest touches their knees. You dont do squat cleans in the workout if you can't pull them off with good form. And you sure as hell don't do prescribed weight.

The focus in my gym is performing movements in the best way possible to make them beneficial to your health. Two perfect instances? Box jumps and pull ups. In my gym if you cannot do a good set of strict pull ups, you cannot kip. Period. Also if a workout has box jumps on it all members are encouraged to step up. Why? Well the owner loves to show off his pristine shins. No workout in the gym is worth permanent scarring. 

Crossfit is great for a lot of reasons I am by no means bashing it. But there are valid concerns regarding it. And this stems from the fact that there are quite a few bad gyms out there. I have judged and competed in quite a few competitions (more judging than competing). And I can attest that form and safety goes out the window for the sake of a better score. And this is not only at the local level, clips of professional crossfitters performing movements with poor (and dangerous) form are everywhere.

I guess in the end my point is that I wish that Crossfit pushed quality over quantity a bit more at the higher levels. If you can't hit that lift to the standards of a power lifting meet it should be a no rep. This would then trickle down into the local communities. And we would see a lot less injury in the very least. /End 

This is probably one of the reasons that I haven't really clicked with Crossfit.  Not so much the gym's poor standards, but having a timed routine pushes my competitive spirit more than my common sense so I'll lose focus on form.  I also do poorly in other fitness classes where everyone follows the lead of the instructor.  If I can't keep up with the pace, my form really suffers and I risk injury.  It's good that you found such a good gym.  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2