cn3wton, Battle log of Ages

Aw yeah, he's back!

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

20 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Hey there, so nice to see you around again :) 

Good to be back man.

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Welcome back!

Thanks brother!

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

14 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Welcome back. It sounds like there are a lot of good things going on right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to focus on all the positives and not let the few negatives get in the way!

14 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Aw yeah, he's back!

Back again, tell your friends.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I've decided that I want to try to lurk in my battle log before I get a decent thing going. Keep it simple and all that.

Work is pretty awesome and as long as work gets done they don't really bother me. Which is good. Only a couple weeks into the job and I covered for the entire quoting department that was on vacation. So last week was a bit nuts. But I think I handled it well. 

Ryker (my dog) continues to make strides in the right direction. When I first got him I was surprisingly paranoid about everything. Don't let him chew on this he could choke, don't let him do this he could start showing signs of dominance, don't do... you get the point. Now that I am comfortable with him I am learning more and more about dogs and what I want for him. All I really care about is that he comes when called, and maybe stay. These commands will help me help him make good decisions. He is a dog, he will be off leash as much as possible. I don't need him to sit by me and not move. I want him running around, smelling, and doing dog things. But having the ability to reign him in is all I want. I did obedience class with him, and he excelled at it (he knows down, sit, come, and walking on leash). But I don't know how far I will push that. I've quickly learned that a dog who knows tricks and obedience, isn't always a good dog.

Food yesterday was horrible. Leftover pizza from my dad's birthday party. However instead of eating the entire thing the night before, I saved half of it for lunch yesterday (its a small pizza, about 12 or so inches). So I guess thats a plus. My goal is once I get myself out of debt to start purchasing predone meals that I can have for lunch and will be a healthy alternative. Thinking today I might try to get a salad or a healthier option.

The gym sucked last night. An amrap with a 1 mile cardio sandwich. This is what I did.

8 minutes.

400m run

600m row

600m ski erg

2 min rest

8 min AMRAP

20 ab mat sit ups

20 push ups (elevated)

50 single unders

2 min rest

400m run

400m ski erg

I was hoping to finish off the final mile, but I just couldn't move my legs and was dead tired. It didn't help that the days lunch was always threatening to come back up at any moment. Part of the reason I like the gym. I eat like crap, I pay for it later. 

As far as the gym goes (its crossfit) I do what I can. Honestly. No taking it easy but not killing myself either. Getting myself in there 5x a week and sweating is my goal. Not lifting a certain amount of weight or doing an workout in a certain amount of time. It makes for some rather long days with time for little else after dealing with what the dog needs. But thats ok. I enjoy spending time with him so it all shakes out. My current plan is on days he doesn't go to day care to do a long hike in a local park or at a trail. Meaning I'll get home at 6, then likely be out again until 8. But that's fine with me. I love seeing him run through the woods and the trails.

• Like 6

Another day at the gym down. This one was not as bad but definitely not fun.

push ups (on box)

dips (with box)

air squats

kb swings

Got a long way to go before I am back to where I was, but I'm putting in the work and that's all that matters. No gym tonight, my old job is holding a liquidation sale and I wanna swing by and reminisce with a buddy of mine who worked with me.

Nutrition is still not in a great place, but I am progressively making better choices. I don't want to overwhelm myself with everything too fast. The large diet changes will come, now I just need to keep showing up at the gym.

The dogs back to sleeping like a baby in the crate and not avoiding it during the day. Doggy day care has definitely helped with that. When he was sick he slept on the bed with me, so I am tempted to let him do that on the weekends. But I am undecided on that. After the sale tonight I am going to take him hiking. He acted really tired this morning, I think back to back days of daycare really tired him out. As I said in a previous post, I just want him to be a good dog. Helping him make the right decisions.

• Like 5

So I just bought a go pro for my dog.

Quite literally.

Sure I will use it for other things but I've really wanted to try doing some video editing while spending some time with him. Lets see how it goes!

I've wanted to try my hand at video editing for awhile but have always felt that I wasn't quite ready to make the plunge. But I have decided to jump right in!

• Like 4

I was just about to request dog photos, but then I read about the GoPro xD

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I was just about to request dog photos, but then I read about the GoPro xD

Don't know if the update thing works but heres some photos to tide you over. Including one of him laying on top of the neighbors dog a few weeks back!

37875478_10216581051022560_3968794379891507200_n (1).jpg

20180910_063337.jpg

20180810_065701 (1).jpg

The one in the middle is most recent.

• Like 6

Welcome back!!

He's beautiful!! Looking forward to the Go Pro pictures! 

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Thanks all!

Yes hes a big boy, and growing! Will be about 27 inches tall and between 70 and 100lbs

• Like 1

Oh what a start to the day. 

Delayed by traffic, left my credit card somewhere along the way. GREAT TIMES!

Guess I'll be eating cereal for lunch...

Oh well! Back to the gym tonight. The weekend was fairly laid back. Spent time with the dog mostly, couple hikes and minor training.

• Like 3

Ended up finding my card yesterday. But had pizza for lunch because that was pretty much all I could afford.

Went to the gym, we were squatting. Did an air squat and it just didnt feel right. So I spent the 20 minutes stretching and trying to get it right. Which sucked. But I have always struggled with my bad knee, making squatting difficult. I just have to take my time and do it right.

Did the workout, which was max cals in 12 minutes

800m run

3 rounds

9 air squats

9 burpees

remainder of time row for cals.

I got 1 cal. I was happy to just get on the rower. Normally I would be pissed, but I took an honest look at my current abilities and focused instead on just making sure I worked hard.

After this I picked up the dog and brought him back to the gym. Had to look into helping out with some networking stuff. He behaved well, and sat or laid next to me while I worked. Met a few people and all in all was well behaved. Can't ask for more in a new place.

• Like 5

It's good to see you back again.  Ryker is a beautiful pup!  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Just now, Shello said:

It's good to see you back again.  Ryker is a beautiful pup!  

Thanks! We will have to share puppy pics!

• Like 1

Just now, cn3wton said:

Thanks! We will have to share puppy pics!

Yes!  I guess I haven't posted any yet.  I'll try to include one in today's post.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Oh what a night

Gym was pretty rough. A tough workout that was all cardio "sprint" based.

6 rounds

1 minute

6 wall balls

4 burpees

row/ski/bike for max cals

I made a goal of just making it to the piece of cardio equipment each time, and I did. But god did this suck. After everything I was covered in sweat and my core was killing me. 

On top of that I promised to set up a hidden wireless network for the owner. So through the haze I tried to get it started, but it kept not working. Finding the hidden ssid seemed impossible. Then I found out there was actually a class in the back room, meaning I had cut of their music and they where rowing 2 2ks, so they needed music. So I had to move to another access point. Flash forward 2 hours i still couldnt connect, so I brought it into the office not plugged into the internet just to access the router by a ethernet cord and found out I had a typo in the SSID the whole time...

So got home 2 hours late, couldn't walk the dog but played fetch and hung out with him.

I have finally started being able to chill in the apartment and play some games now. I don't have to worry that the dog is missing out on exercise or excitement. He usually just sleeps on the couch next to me. 

All in all things are progressing well!

• Like 6

Yesterday went ok. Had pizza for lunch again, so not so good. But had a small dinner with chicken so not horrible.

Gym was pretty brutal, 20 minute AMRAP, 4 ring rows, 6 elevated push ups, 8 heavy kb swings. This one got me, was pretty rough but definitely feel my stamina coming back. Picked up the dog from day care and he slept great all night. Though I noticed him licking  his belly and saw a scrape/scratch on him. Which explains his licking of that area for the last few days. 

Today is my birthday, so I am going straight home from work to have a small picnic at my apartment out on the lawn with some friends. Something simple.

• Like 5

Image result for dog birthday gif

On 9/19/2018 at 4:40 PM, cn3wton said:

and found out I had a typo in the SSID the whole time...

Computeri-ing can be like that. Most of the times, actually, it's kinda like that.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker