cn3wton, Battle log of Ages

It never ceases to amaze me when I consider/realize how much you've progressed in the short time I've had the priveledge of knowing you...

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

that's good in a way I reckon, keeps you grounded, keeps you hungry

Oh yea it does. IT definitely makes me push harder.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

It never ceases to amaze me when I consider/realize how much you've progressed in the short time I've had the priveledge of knowing you...

Thanks man!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

6/4/15

warm up

air dyne

2 rounds

Back squat + Push Press + Overhead Squat (Complex done 5 times)

10 pvc pass throughs + 5 band pull aparts

Foam rolling (I don't usually include the stretches we do, theres usually a lot of stretching and stuff)

strength/skill

Snatch complex

snatch pull + snatch power clean + overhead squat

worked up to 85lbs

The ohs is definitely limiting the weight here. But my new lifters help out sooo much.

WOD

21/15/9

Thrusters @ 75lb

Hanging Knee Raises

time = 10:19

Thrusters always kill me. Grip was seriously hurting as well. It wasn't so much I couldn't hold on due to strength, but more that my hands just hurt.

MISC

So its been awhile since I posted not workout related stuff. So I'll catch you up.

I dropped my resume off at one company, sadly they arent hiring. So that sucks. Got a lead on another position though so going to look into that. 

I sold my first piece of art! With a second one possibly as well. Super happy about that. 

Today at the gym the owner approached me about helping them create a workout book/log for the gym. He would pay me of course, in either free months or cash! So I am super happy about that. 

The restaraunt is still slowly eating away at my soul, but things are looking up.

Food has been going ok, I have been eating healthier and I havent had big dips in energy like I did when I was eating minimal carbs. But I do have to reign it in just a bit as I seem to be hovering between 185-190.

• Like 1

6/8/15

warm up

air dyne

2x 10 goblet squats 10 lunges 20/20/20 e2i + arch hold

strength/skill

Front squat

5x75

3x95

2x120

1x140

1x155

Thats a new PR. Moving on up!

WOD

4 rounds 

1 min ME kb cleans (used two kb)

3 minutes to complete 400m run, remaining time is rest.

score = 87 cleans.

This was harder than I thought. KB clean form sucked, got a bit of a bruise on the wrist. I started with a 500m run but was too slow, me and a few others where in a group coming in and the owner said "Everyone in this group is going to do 400m instead". Though I did switch back to a 500m run on the last one.

POST WOD

12 40yd prowler push @90lb

STRONGMAN

returned to the gym for some epic lifting

Log ground to overhead- Worked up to a heavy single

65/85/105/115 

Thats an increase of 10 pounds, I am happy with this. Still not comfortable in the rack position, and I could definitely get more out of the drive. Moving on up though!

Axle Bar Deadlift - work to 3RM

This is when I did something really stupid

110/160/200/250 <-- That was stupid

See what happened is the woman worked in with me. They started with me at 160lb, and made it look easy. Which it was. But after I hit 200 I only wanted to do 1 more set. So I just threw on the 25's because I felt rushed. And I just realized that it was 250 not 240... It was 4 45's, 2 25's, and the bar (20 lbs). So yea my left wrist did not like that. And while the trainer said the form was ok, during he yelled for me to keep my shoulderblades back. So I know it wasn't the best set of 3. 

Farmers - work to heavy 100ft carry

Ended at 115 due to not wanting to put too much strain on my wrist.

So all in all I am worried that I will pay for the DL tomorrow. Though my wrist does feel "ok" now. My 1RM for a traditional DL is only 265, and that was with poor form at the time. I have reworked it and gone a tad bit lighter with much better form, so I am worried that I let myself slip into bad habits again.

I will have to check the weight again...

6/9/15

warm up

jump rope

500m run

air dyne

strength/skill

2 min plank

1 min plank x 3

WOD

EMOTM

Odd - 50 second row

Even - 6 dead stop deadlift @135 + 6 burpees

That workout had me on the floor in a pool of sweat. No sled pulling today as it was raining and I had been having a shit day.

So on my way to the gym I got pulled over. Long story short the cop pulled me over on a bull shit ticket. He made a bunch of errors on the actual ticket. Such as saying I was speeding in a 30 when I was in fact in a 40/55 mph zone. He covered himself in this by not including the address that he did the arrest, but instead just the name of the street. Along with a bunch of other generalities so that there is almost no way I can possibly fight the ticket.

Did I mention this is my first offense?

Its sad when you say "i got a ticket in X city" and cops and sherriffs from other areas go "Wow that sucks good luck getting that dropped...". It's all solely due to the fact that they need revenue, so the cops give out bull shit tickets. Then the courts back them up and never drop cases, only reduce to a fee or making you take a mandatory class (which you have to pay for).

The worst part is I am not the only person this has happened to. There are cases of people getting pulled over, where the cop will then inspect their entire car and issue them a fine for a dirty liscense plate! 

I had some hope seeing as my grandfather is a judge in my town. But sadly my hopes where basically dashed when he told me all of this. 

But the worst part of all of this? I am completely innocent!

So thats how my day has went. But in the end my parents, friends, and family are all supporting me to help me figure this out. But it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth.

6/10/15

Warm up

air dyne

4 min amrap

10 mntn climbers

5 push ups

10 band pull aparts

strength/skill

bench press

5x75

3x90

2x105

1x125

1x150

Ran out of time, felt I could have done more but I'm happy with that.

WOD
4 min amrap

8 hpc @ 75lb

16 air squat

2 min rest

4 min amrap

8 hanging knee raises

16 lunges

score = 154 total reps

POST WOD

8 40yd prowler push @ 140lb

I read this as 'and I had been having a shit ALL day'

and I was like, omg that's flipping awful

Lol

So it's been a bit crazy the past few days. 

Highlights-

Attempted to hit a 1 rep @ 255 for deadlift and failed. It just wasn't it the cards Friday.

The following partner workout I was quite happy with. it was

Partner WOD

A - 100m KB carry (2 25kg)

B - ME wall balls (20 lb)

When the partner returned from the carry you switched. I did as prescribed and the girl with me did the same weight. So I did a bit more than I usually do, and so did she. So I was happy with 136 wall balls between the two of us during the 10 min AMRAP.

Saturday I did a partner WOD to raise money for a 13 month old with inoperable cancer. It was as follows

500m run with 50lb sand bag

25 Burpees

50 Push Ups

100 Air Squats

25 min AMRAP - score 3 rounds + Run (5 partners)

I partnered up with a guy and his wife from my class, and another woman from my class. We also grabbed a straggler. We werent the strongest of the teams but we pushed each other. We called ourselves Team One Round. The best part of this was that you couldn't set the sand bag down, if you did you had to add 15 burpees to your teams numbers. So at one point the owner of the gym came over and asked to check my sandbag. I foolishly let him and he dropped it and laughed. So that was fun lol.

All in all it was a good time for a great cause.

• Like 1

I live!

Life has been exceptionally crazy since starting a new job a few months back. I have been struggling to find time to jump back into the forums but I am going to try!

Hoping to get in touch with my nf pals again!

• Like 2

just poking my head in so I can keep up with the respawn ;)

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Welcome back Brother. Are you still killing it Crossfit Style?

Most days I feel it's killing me but yes! I still go money through Friday after work.

So man its been a month since that last post? Time really does fly?

The highlights.

1. I participated in a barbells for boobs event this saturday. I completed Grace with 95lbs in 3:30, and a modified version of Helen (burpees instead of pull ups) in 11:40.
  2. I hit a dealift PR of 285, a Bench PR of 155, and a Squat PR of 185.
  3. I reassessed my goals with my coach and the owner of the gym I go to.

I plan on trying to jump back here on sundays. Sundays will be my lay low and meal prep day. I really do miss you guys, and I have to make time for this kind of stuff.

So I am still here!

• Like 3

Thanks man, but it's kind of cheating! Having never lifted before and all.

So I want to post something here to let people know I'm alive. Plan to post something again soon...

• Like 4

Glad you see you again! 

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

So just checking back in. It has been a hectic past few months. I will be starting to post my food log and workouts here every day. It will allow me to stay on track and keep a record for my coach to use as a guide to figure out how to best help me. If I'm going to type it up anyways why not put it up here too?

• Like 2

4/6/16

Due to falling on the ice and landing on both of my knees I opted to rest and stretch at home.

Breakfast - Espresso with a fresh bacon,egg, and cheese sandwich.

Lunch - 2 homemeade baked chicken wings, mixed veggies, brown rice, and 2 slices of baked chicken breast.

Dinner - 4 ribs and mac salad...

Being the idiot I am I had a donut and a croissant on my way home...

What a way to get back to it huh? Its been quite a long time since I have posted here. I keep thinking "oh ill get back to it once everythings back on track..." etc etc. The same bullshit excuses that keeps me from seeing better results.

Truth is the last few months have been, as I have said, the best and worst of my life. 

On the positive side I recieved a semi promotion at work (though no pay increase). Competed in my first competition. And well, thats about it.

The bad? Well I've crept back up to 205-210 depending on the day. Which is upsetting since I never wanted to see a 2 at the beginning of my weight ever again. Sure I have gained muscle and all that, but not that much. Physically I am in better shape now at this weight than I was before, but its still a drag. My eating has turned to complete shit. I upset myself with this. I can't begin to describe how much it sucks that I keep dissapointing myself and the people around me.

My dog passed away a few months back, the day I got my promotion. We had her for 11 years and its still tough. My training has been sporadic due to my crazy schedule and stupid injuries. Such as falling on the ice yesterday and a mystery pain in my left arm today.

Im just so sick of being that guy. The guy that can't train because of some bull shit excuse, who talks about eating better but never does. I could have worked out today, I should have done something today and it pisses me off that instead I came home and sat at my computer. 

So I figured why not write it here? Why not start recording it. Stop lying to myself that I will start tomorrow, give physical proof so myself and others can call me on my bullshit. I shouldn't sit down and think "how the hell did I ever lose one hundred pounds when I can't even control myself around food?". 

I think thats the worst part about the whole thing. I've done it before... The eating and training, all of it. Who would have thought losing 100 pounds would be the easy part...

I guess in the end I am sick of all the excuses I keep coming up with... 

Like I said I really wanted to come back here with good news, stories of how I have been kicking ass and taking names. Avoiding stories where I feel like I am just bitching about how bad things are when in reality I got it pretty good.

So I'm guessing my biggest reason for coming back is that I need help. I've got support at the gym too, but I think writing this all out is a wise decision. I'm done making stupid excuses, and I look forward to being a bad ass.

• Like 2

Everybody would like to return with grand news and big promises, but respawns usually are not like that. Congratulations for your return, it's good to have you back. You certainly sound determined and on your way to becoming the badass who almost conquered the Old World on his own ;)

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)