pyrite_philter: Go forward? Only thing to do!

Completed a 16 minute HIIT workout session! Here is what I did:

(20 seconds of working out, 10 seconds rest. Also, I did 3 sets of each exercise)

X Burpees
2 Jack Jumps + 4 High Knees
Flutterkick Squats
Evan Burpees
Split Jumps
Butt Kickers
Curtsy Jump Lunges
Up and Out Jacks
Static Squat
3,2,1 Lunges

I was pretty much dead after this AND I was sweating buckets. <----Gross.

But afterward I felt so proud of myself! I also did this workout in my apartment, normally I wouldn't have attempted it because my neighbors suck... and they bang on the wall FOR ANY LITTLE THING!!! (I'm not going to get into it....). I did it anyway and all turned out well.

I got the workout from fitnessblender.com                

The website said that I burned anywhere from 112-224 calories... so depending on what I did burn my daily total is 601-713. Judging by how I feel, I think that I burned closer to the 224 range, I didn't slack and I kept up with the instructor pretty much the whole time. :D

• Like 2

Yay! So much awesomeness and positivity on your page, it's wonderful to read. :D Congrats on keeping up with your AMAZING walks, especially so early! And your workouts are no joke, they look quite difficult. 

Yay for the Fellowship and yay for everything else, actually. You rock! 

Tea does make everything better, I agree. :P

• Like 1

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Yay! So much awesomeness and positivity on your page, it's wonderful to read. :D Congrats on keeping up with your AMAZING walks, especially so early! And your workouts are no joke, they look quite difficult. 

Yay for the Fellowship and yay for everything else, actually. You rock! 

Tea does make everything better, I agree. :tongue:

Thanks Arya! I'm excited about everything that I've done this far. I'm also excited that this walking challenge will continue on for a long time (because it is a long journey). When school starts back up again (after next week :numbness::hopelessness::grumpy::grief::grey::jaded: ) I am going to walk around the park (about 3 miles) before class starts... I don't know. I need to make a plan and balance out my life somehow.

Thanks again for all of your support!!!!

• Like 1

Let's see...

Today I went on a short walk with my mom (who is recovering from a difficult surgery) and my baby nephew (he is like 17 months old or something).

1.38 miles

104 calories burned!

I also did this workout:

Warm Up Cardio – 30 Seconds Each
Jog in Place
Arm Swings Lateral
Arms Swings Ventral
Shoulder rolls
Small Arm Circles – Forward
Small Arm Circles – Backwards
Big Arm Circles – Forward
Big Arm Circles - Backwards
Butt Kickers
High Kicks
Squats
Front Jacks

Upper Body Strength Training Routine – 10 Reps each, twice through
Bicep Curls - Kelli is using 15 lbs (per hand)
Bentover Tricep Extensions - Kelli is using 9 lbs (per hand)
1 Minute Jumping Jacks

Chest Fly - Kelli is using 15 lbs (per hand)
Reverse Fly - Kelli is using 6 lbs (per hand)
1 Minute Burpees + High Kicks

Lateral Raises - Kelli is using 6 lbs (per hand)
Ventral Raises - Kelli is using 3 lbs (per hand)
1 Minute  Lateral Jumps

Overhead Press - Kelli using 12 lbs (per hand)
Dumbbell Pullover - Kelli is using 12 lbs (total)
1 Minute Butt Kickers

Cool Down and Stretch – 20 Seconds Each
Jog in place
Shoulder Rolls, alternating
Big Arm Circles, alternating
Cross Swings
Side Swings
Arm Cross Pull
Wall Chest Stretch
Overhead Tricep Stretch
Toe Touch + Shoulder Stretch

fitnessblender.com had this workout and it says that you burn from 195-403.

so daily totals are anywhere from 299-507. Yay!

I'm tempted to weigh myself, but I also don't want to just yet. Maybe at the end of this challenge I'll do a weigh in sort of thing :P

• Like 2

The scale most of the time is a liar, so if it doesn't represent all your great efforts: DON'T LISTEN TO IT. You did an amazing workout and you should be proud.

I miss walking. It truly is a joy!

Drinking tea with the Mad Hatter; sorry for any typos, sent from Tapatalk.

• Like 1

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

So today I took a quick walk; I was lazy and was putting it off all day. Then I just got ready and went: I didn't want to, but I did it anyway. The reason that I didn't want to walk? I wanted to read instead. I finished The Fellowship this morning, and I started The Two Towers.

Frodo didn't want to walk through the snow or through Moria, but he did it anyway!

So 3.88 miles today

Calories Burned: about 380 :D

• Like 1

SO much good stuff to catch up on. I hope you are proud of your progress as you are doing great!

So today I took a quick walk; I was lazy and was putting it off all day. Then I just got ready and went: I didn't want to, but I did it anyway. The reason that I didn't want to walk? I wanted to read instead. I finished The Fellowship this morning, and I started The Two Towers.

Frodo didn't want to walk through the snow or through Moria, but he did it anyway!

So 3.88 miles today

Calories Burned: about 380 :D

This is absolutely 100% the right attitude to have and one which will take you far. Glad you have enjoyed the Fellowship, and have taken on board some of Frodo's awesome. :)

• Like 1

Level: 3 - Wood Elf - Wanderer

STR: 0 | DEX: 5 | STA: 11 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 2

Challenges: 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | Current

"Quit...don't quit...noodles...don't noodles. You are too concerned with what was, and what will be"

- Master Oogway

Just finished a 40 minute yoga session! I was stressed out and I felt like today was a good yoga day. Here is what I did:

1) Sun Salutation x5 --->

2) Sun Salutation -> Warrior II (x2 each side)--->

3) From downward facing dog--> extended side angle (x2 each side)

4) From standing---> Squat (x7) --->

5) Crane (I am still learning this pose, so it wasn't the full blown thing) --->

6) Rotated side angle ---->

7) Bow --->

8) Abdominal Sequence (x8) --->

9) Plow --->

10) Fish--->

11) Corpse <----- (ahhh! favorite pose!)

40 minutes vinyasa flow yoga=427 calories burned :onthego:

• Like 1

because it was still a little dark out and that means that there might be creepers still wandering about. So I sputtered around for about 15 minutes, then got ready and by the time I stepped out my door it was 6:00 ish

I've found that waking up at 5am and going to the track near my house is the best thing. Hitting the bleachers while the sun rises is pretty awesome.

• Like 1

Yesterday was a rest day. It was super good! I was kind of antsy, but it passed.

I finished reading The Two Towers! So on to The Return Of The King!!!

My diet hasn't been too good the past few days. I've had 3 doughnuts (one each day). But I counted that as my meal (calories wise). Also I can't remember the last time that I had them, so I am cutting myself some slack!

School starts on Monday.... I'm not ready to talk about it yet. I'm still sad.

I am going to have surgery on September 8th, so I will do as much walking as I can. But there won't be any real exercise going on. This leads into next challenge I guess, because since I want to make sure that I heal properly I am going to take it slow. Saying that, I am still on my quest to walk to Mordor, so I have something to post! I think that next challenge is going to be meditation, food, and walking based.

As for today I did a HIIT Pilates workout, here it is:

Workout Structure
We've got 6 different groups of 2 exercises; one Pilates exercise and one cardio interval. There are a couple of intervals that are structured a little differently to do repetitions on each side of the body, or to add an extra burnout round. Each interval is 30 seconds long, and we get a quick 10 second transition/rest time in between exercises. We do each group twice through before moving onto the next.

Exercise Groups/Printable Routine
Pilates Bridges
Split Jack Jumps

Rear Leg Lifts
- Pulses (repeat sequence on both side of the body before moving onto the cardio interval)
Jump Squats

Flutterkicks
Push Ups + Rows + Side Stars (alternating)

Outside Thigh Raises
Inside Thigh Raises (repeat sequence on both side of the body before moving onto the cardio interval)
Lateral Jumps

Tricep Push Ups + Child's Pose
High Knees

Pilates Walk Ups (repeat on each side of the body before doing jumping jacks)
Jumping Jacks

Cool down & stretch is included; we hold each stretch for roughly 20 seconds apiece.

This is from fitnessblender.com

174-312 calories burned! <--- as usual this depends on stuff like age, height, weight etc. etc.

• Like 1

I've found that waking up at 5am and going to the track near my house is the best thing. Hitting the bleachers while the sun rises is pretty awesome.

My parents and boyfriend told me that they don't think its a good idea for me to go out so early anymore since it is still dark at that time. I understand their point safety wise, but I'm still bugged >:o

I normally wake up at 5:00AM to go to office hours before class, but I was on break the past two weeks and I woke up around 5:30-5:45 instead :P

Sunrise is my favorite type of day... or I should say a little before sunrise. Everything is quiet, there aren't many people out and about, and there is a general calmness and restfulness about. I used to love sunset, but there are so many people out. So the less people = better

Walking for today=done! :moon:

3.68 miles

Calories burned=374

Also, yesterday I finished reading The Return Of The King. I still have to finish reading the appendix, and I have also decided that reading Silmarillion is a must. But that won't be for a few weeks. These are some of the most amazing books that I have EVER read, and despite me reading them later in my life, I am happy that I waited. I think that if I had read them when I was younger I wouldn't have appreciated the complexity that the story offers as much as I do now.

Even though I am done reading the books, my journey to Mordor isn't finished, I am going to be working on this for a long time. But I'm okay with that, I am happy that I will have Middle Earth urging me forward for a while longer.

hobbit-gandalf-art_tn2.jpg

• Like 1

Glad you enjoyed the books, your really motored through them too! :)

And great work keeping up with your own journey to Mordor, its good that you've built up that habit now that you can keep up while you are recovering from your surgery, plus you can sing Frodo's walking song

Home is behind, the world ahead,

And there are many paths to tread

Through shadows to the edge of night,

Until the stars are all alight.

Then world behind and home ahead,

We'll wander back to home and bed.

:)

• Like 1

Level: 3 - Wood Elf - Wanderer

STR: 0 | DEX: 5 | STA: 11 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 2

Challenges: 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | Current

"Quit...don't quit...noodles...don't noodles. You are too concerned with what was, and what will be"

- Master Oogway

I went for a walk today and burned 561 calories, but it got so hot out that I now have a headache from sun exposure :(

Oh well, it's my fault for being stupid.

School sucks, my study partner left me for some new shiny people...

But! There is some good news! I took my measurements the other day and compared them the the ones that I took on 7/28 and I have lost 1.5 inches around my waist, half inch from naval, 1 inch from hips, and have tightened up my biceps!!! :pride::playful:

I didn't take any full body pictures because I don't like having that sort of stuff on my phone or other places... so I decided to take measurements. I have to say that I'm pretty proud of myself. I am getting closer and closer to my goal of being a size 6. Speaking of, for the longest time I debated buying some jeans to have as "motivation" or whatever. I could never find the justification in spending money that I need now on something like that, but this weekend someone gave me a pair of brand new Lucky brand jeans (they thought that I would fit into them) and when I checked the size BOOM! Size 6!

I've been doing HIIT workouts, I come out of them being exhausted and sweaty... but that's fine!

This challenge has certainly been an adventure for me; I read some amazing books (that have quickly rocketed their place to the top of my favorite book list), I have learned to love walking because it reminds me to step down my pace and enjoy life moment to moment. I am also really proud of myself for doing HIIT through out the challenge because I didn't think that I could make it through one session, but I did!

I've gotten into better eating habits, I tried to follow the hobbits plans, but some days it was just impossible for me to do so, also I didn't walk 3 miles a day as I had hoped. I walked as often as I could though; but on the days that I didn't walk I normally did HIIT or yoga.

I have also lost weight and inches! This has made me so happy because even though it wasn't a lot, it is still enough to know that all of my hard work is paying off.

I had my surgery today, and the pain meds wore off so I'm not feeling to well.

So all in all it was a great challenge for me!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines