Matt_72 the scout. Can we fix him? Yes we can!

Matt_72

You can so get under a 25 min parkrun. You seem to add three minutes to your treadmill run and your improvements are still pretty decent amounts so, come summer, you should be good to go. Are you running at the same time of day as you will need to in order to run in summer?

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Week 4 Round Up (Tapatalk friendly for Teri)

1. Stretch and Roll

5 X per week 10+ minutes per session

20/20

This has become an almost daily ritual now. Sometimes twice a day. It's nice to be creating some positive habits.

2. Just add Veggies

Prepare 1 new vegetarian dish for dinner per week.

4/4

Spicy Black Bean burgers with Chilli Mayo. 

These were a bit of work. I dunno if i did something wrong but they were super wet so i had to chill them and then add 1 tbsp extra of the oats to get them to bind a little. Then you freeze them overnight and cook them from frozen. The outside crisps up and the inside remains quite soft, similar to the falafel. We quite enjoyed them and look forward to having the rest that we froze for next time.

3. Early Riser

Up at 6:30 5 times per week

18/20

This seems to be another habit which is forming. Hard to tell if it is a good or bad one at this stage but I am not feeling any negative effects from it so I feel like it might be something worth sticking to. 

4. Target Weight Loss

Sub 85kg

On track.

Week 0 88.2

Week 1 87.3

Week 2 86.8

Week 3 86.2

Week 4 85.5*

This week gets an asterix because that was Tuesdays weight. I didn't much care for Mondays weight so I weighed again this morning. I hadn't been on the scales for a week so to get on them and climb off being disheartened was a bit shit. I'm glad that i am working through my addiction to them and will hopefully be free of them once I arrive at my correct weight. (Whatever the hell that is)

5. Train like an Athlete

Monday and Wednesday I was at the gym at 6am doing my strength and cardio workout.

Thursday I was at the gym at 6am doing 5km on the treadmill.

Saturday was a 5km run at parkrun.

Sunday was a very slow 5km run near home. 

For me at this stage that's probably right on the precipice of doing too much. I need to really be a bit more thoughtful with what I am doing so that I don't end up injured again. I'm doing all the rolling and stretching through my calf to try to avoid injury but part of that is also moderating the weekly load to ensure that I am building myself up rather than tearing it down.

The challenge continues to be a successful one for me. My exercise regimen is taking shape and with that my performance is also improving. I'm able to fit more into my days because I have added time to the start of the day and am getting to sleep at a reasonable hour to maintain that. I'm putting more thought into the types of food that I am preparing for myself and my family. It's broadening our horizons and hopefully broadening our nutrition intake as well.

I received this quote in an email a few weeks ago and it's quite apt at the moment.

Habit is a cable; we weave a thread of it each day, and at last we cannot break it.

Horace Mann

• Like 3

Level 8 Satyr Scout

STR 11|DEX 5|STA 10|CON 9|WIS 12|CHA 5

Previous Challenge

Woot What?

MFP

Endomondo

Way cool, Matt!! And thx for the friendly format!!

You are in such a place of growth, it's beautiful to witness.

I do agree about the workout load. You may want to stick with just strength on Mon & Weds. That way you'll get a more comprehensive recovery for your running. And is it possible to do something more strength oriented when you do your run on Sundays? I often do my trail run/hike/hill sprints all mixed in on Fridays. Then I take Saturday off completely before doing Strength on Sundays. A thought.

Either way you go, you're coming up roses!!

Gold star, my friend. Gold freaking star!!

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

You can so get under a 25 min parkrun. You seem to add three minutes to your treadmill run and your improvements are still pretty decent amounts so, come summer, you should be good to go. Are you running at the same time of day as you will need to in order to run in summer?

The parkrun is 8am Saturday mornings and over the past 2-3 weeks most of my treadmill running has been at 6am. Once we get to daylight savings here I imagine that my options for getting outside and running will increase immensely. 

Way cool, Matt!! And thx for the friendly format!!

You are in such a place of growth, it's beautiful to witness.

I do agree about the workout load. You may want to stick with just strength on Mon & Weds. That way you'll get a more comprehensive recovery for your running. And is it possible to do something more strength oriented when you do your run on Sundays? I often do my trail run/hike/hill sprints all mixed in on Fridays. Then I take Saturday off completely before doing Strength on Sundays. A thought.

Either way you go, you're coming up roses!!

Gold star, my friend. Gold freaking star!!

Today I just did a slow 40 minute run at the gym and will aim to do my strength stuff and 18 minutes of intervals on the treadmill tomorrow. That gives me a little more time between activities. I am sure that the further I get into this the less it will matter but at this stage I have to make sure that I am recovering enough between each session to allow me to continue.

• Like 1

Level 8 Satyr Scout

Previous Challenge

Woot What?

MFP

Endomondo

Hey Matty! I think you’d like a way cool Level One I met. Here’s the link to say hi:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51120-time-for-a-reboot-jcsimmons2/

This will get you a side challenge win, too! Woot!

At the risk of seeming like a shit person I think that the sorting hat got this one wrong

Level 8 Satyr Scout

Previous Challenge

Woot What?

MFP

Endomondo

At the risk of seeming like a shit person I think that the sorting hat got this one wrong

Aw :( Sorry about that! I wasn't quite as specific with the matching process as I was last time. Feel free to use any L1 you'd like for the side challenge! You can search for the @Scouts tag to see those that might come our way :)
  • Like 1

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
STR: 9 - CON: 12 - DEX: 6 - STA: 10 - WIS: 16 - CHA: 11
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

Aw :( Sorry about that! I wasn't quite as specific with the matching process as I was last time. Feel free to use any L1 you'd like for the side challenge! You can search for the @Scouts tag to see those that might come our way :)

I went and rattled a few cages in the first timer area so we'll see what comes of that. Thanks for attempting to hook me up :)

Level 8 Satyr Scout

Previous Challenge

Woot What?

MFP

Endomondo

Sunday night here so just a quick update before I head to bed.

I am using a running/race/training plan I found in the appshop and it seems as in tune with me and my requirements as any of the other ones I have seen and it is working well for me so far. I did 7km's yesterday with about 6km being from the plan and because it was such a slow run I "sprinted" an extra km just to see if i could. It felt great in that oh it hurts so much but I feel like it is an achievement kind of way. Today I did a 5km run at a slow pace again and just left it at that. My heart and lungs are getting stronger and so are my legs and ass. 

This week looks like this;

Monday - Gym for strength training

Tuesday - Off

Wednesday - 7km Treadmill

Thursday - 7km Treadmill

Friday - Off

Saturday - Either 7km outside (slow) or 5km parkrun (fast)

Sunday - 9km outside

• Like 1

Level 8 Satyr Scout

Previous Challenge

Woot What?

MFP

Endomondo

OMG she is so glamorous!!

The chicken roll ain't nothing to sneeze at either.

Nice running, Matt. You're really excelling - hehe - at this program. I am glad it fits so well.

Cheers

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

O my word your daughter is wonderful. We should get our daughters together for a kids-of-nerds day

via smoke signals from my Fire

• Like 1

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Your daughter is adorable!

And those sloppy joes look great too. It's funny because when I used to be vegetarian, I would make lentil sloppy joes often - mu husband really liked them. Well, I made traditional sloppy joes with beef the other day, and he was surprised (and a little disappointed, I think!) to find that they were made with meat. Go figure! I guess I'll have to return the meatless ones into rotation :)

Looking good in general! Good luck with the last week here.

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines