Matt_72 the scout. Can we fix him? Yes we can!

Matt_72

Week 5 Round Up

1. Stretch and Roll

5 X per week 10+ minutes per session

25/25

Bingo bango!

2. Just add Veggies

Prepare 1 new vegetarian dish for dinner per week.

5/5

Vegetarian Sloppy Joes

These were awesome. They were so good that we have had them again this week. They are actually titled Vegan Sloppy Joes but with the addition of sour cream that's no longer technically correct. It's my birthday in a few weeks and we are having people over and there is a chance that these will be on the menu in some form.

3. Early Riser

Up at 6:30 5 times per week

23/25

Had a good week with this task. I got to the gym a few times during the week and out for a run Saturday and Sunday so that makes it easier to be out of bed and moving before 6:30. I have spent the past 20 or so years doing 7am starts at work so i never realised how much starting 1 hour later could have such a positive impact on my ability to make time for fitness related activity. I'm loving it at the moment.

4. Target Weight Loss

Sub 85kg

On track

Week 0 88.2

Week 1 87.3

Week 2 86.8

Week 3 86.2

Week 4 85.5*

Week 5 85.4*

Same as last week with me taking my Tuesday weight in preference to my Monday numbers. I'm not sure if I will make it this week because i have had a couple of days off work with the "flu" and eaten some crap and not exercised so we will see what happens on Monday, Tuesday next week. In any case it's all heading in the right direction and i just have to keep doing what I am doing.

5. Train like an Athlete

I ran on 5 days last week.

Monday I did my strength workout and 3km at the gym.

Wednesday I did 6km on the treadmill

Thursday I did 6km on the treadmill

Saturday I did 7km outside

Sunday I 6km outside

I feel like I have gotten past the ankle setback and now I am really starting to work into the training properly. This week has been a letdown due to illness but there isn't anything you can do about that so I'm not getting bent out of shape about it. Just got to listen to my body and get back into it as soon as I am able.

I have enjoyed this challenge and think it will probably rank as my most successful barring any catastrophes over the next few days. I have found it harder to get on here and report and to spend time checking out other people challenges so that has been a little disappointing but I guess i can put that down to getting out and doing more of the tasks that I had set for myself :)

• Like 2

Level 8 Satyr Scout

STR 11|DEX 5|STA 10|CON 9|WIS 12|CHA 5

Previous Challenge

Woot What?

MFP

Endomondo

From the ones I've been around for, this definitely seems like the top one. You have been motivated to the point of excitement. And fixing injuries can really drain some people, but you have managed really well. You should be really proud of yourself!!

• Like 2

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

5725cc86bb8df1853b2b4eeac4e439d3.jpg

Chickpea Pizza

The pizza base was made from chickpea flour. The concept was good but the recipe was found wanting. How can you do a pizza with no sauce or cheese to bind the toppings to the base? I really should have figured that out prior to sitting down to eat it.

Won't be making this again.

• Like 1

Level 8 Satyr Scout

Previous Challenge

Woot What?

MFP

Endomondo

Week 6 Round Up

1. Stretch and Roll

5 X per week 10+ minutes per session

28/30

Illness struck me down and ruined my perfect record for this one. I think I'll survive. Definitely feels like this is a habit worth maintaining.

2. Just add Veggies

Prepare 1 new vegetarian dish for dinner per week

6/6

Chickpea Pizza

This could work but in the recipe that I used they don't. I'm not sure that I will bother trying to fix it with so many other great vego dishes out there to still make.

I think that I might have some problems with digesting steak. Slow cooked beef seems to be fine but steak and I no longer seem to be on speaking terms. With these new veggie dishes and many more to come that's not going to be such a problem any more.

3. Early Riser

Up at 6:30 5 times per week

26/30

This one was also affected by me getting sick. Now that my gym routine seems to be a before work thing this should continue at least several times per week.

4. Target Weight Loss

Sub 85kg

Week 0 88.2

Week 1 87.2

Week 2 86.8

Week 3 86.2

Week 4 85.5*

Week 5 85.4*

Week 6 85.2

I'm pretty happy with a 3kg loss over 6 weeks. My weight loss had stagnated somewhat over the past 4 or 5 months so getting it moving in the right direction again is pleasing. 

5. Train like an Athlete

I was able to train 3 days last week culminating in a 10km run on Sunday. That's the farthest I have ever run and it was easy. Well not easy but not taxing if that makes sense. My heart and lungs seem to have adapted to my increased activity levels and my legs are coming along for the ride.

I am probably not going to make my half-marathon goal this year but that's not going to stop me training. I am signed up to do a 5km with my brother and niece in a couple of weeks and will continue with a parkrun every now and then.

• Like 1

Level 8 Satyr Scout

Previous Challenge

Woot What?

MFP

Endomondo

I killed this challenge! Absolutely smashed it. I actually don't want it to stop. I'm not sure what I am going to do next but it had better be good to top this.

Thanks again to all those who offered support and encouragement, it makes such a difference when you know there is a whole team behind you.

• Like 4

Level 8 Satyr Scout

Previous Challenge

Woot What?

MFP

Endomondo

So you do realize you killed this challenge, yeah!!

Cause you so did. I'm really happy for you. I know other challenges were less than you hoped so this must be a real uplift. Do be careful with trying to up your game. Maybe focus on continuing your success. Words can work for and against you.

Keep training, you are a monster!!

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Just for those who may be wondering I'm not participating in the current challenge.

I just didn't get myself organised quick enough and then it was halfway into week 1 and I still didn't have properly defined goals so I thought discretion was the better part of valour. 

I did just update this http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42727-matt-72-almost-ready-to-woot/?p=1218113 and might put a few more updates in there over the next 5 weeks.

Now I'm off to check out how you are all doing :)

Level 8 Satyr Scout

Previous Challenge

Woot What?

MFP

Endomondo

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines