Pull-ups* = pull ups, chin ups, pull up negatives, flex hangs, deadhangs, or wherever you are with your pull-up progressions.  

The world is our playground!  And doing pull-ups on horizontal bars or rings is boring.  So, the goal is to go out and find new and interesting objects on which to do your pull-up sets and build your grip strength in the process.

+1 point for each new and exciting place or object for pull-ups, but you have to describe where you're doing them.  +1 more point for each photo or video posted of yourself doing a pull-up somewhere interesting.  The winner is the person with the most points at the end, but we could also do weekly winners, if people would like. 

So, who's in?  To get people's creative juices flowing, here's a video of me doing pull-ups by sticking my fingers through the holes on the tread of some playground stairs:

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Great idea! Won't be participating, at least competitively, mainly because there's no one to take photos/videos (insert "forever alone" image) but I'm following the thread and might try playing along sometime.

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Hooray!  I'm glad so many people are in!  The next time someone whines about wanting to work on pull-ups, but not being able to do so because they don't have a pull-up bar, we can just link this thread.  ;)

I really hate adding too many rules, but it occurred to me at the playground this morning that I could probably do 1 pull-up on 20 different things, and then try to claim 20 points.  But that's lame.  It's much cooler to do some full, working sets on the same thing.  So, I just did about 20 pull ups in sets of 2-3 off of a ledge in the skate park (video to be posted later).  So, basically, the "rule" is: Don't be lame.  ;)

Great idea! Won't be participating, at least competitively, mainly because there's no one to take photos/videos (insert "forever alone" image) but I'm following the thread and might try playing along sometime.

I just prop my camera for videos.  Yeah, they don't always turn out very well, but it's not too bad of a way to go.  You could join in anyway, since the whole thing is all in good fun.

First one: Above a tunnel. I pulled up as well, but the timer was to fast :)
8egyjana.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great start!

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

I did today's pull-ups off of a flat ledge at the skate park.  It was a bit tricky, since the top landing was wet and slippery.  I only got a max of 3/set (grip fry out), and maybe a total of 20.

(sorry about the crappy angle on the video.  I had to just prop my camera and hope for the best).

• Like 4

My tutorials:

Well I did pullups on a road sign saturday night while walking between bars and on a tree limb today (at the house I'm trying to buy).  I'll have to see if there's anything else I can come up with, but I do most of my workouts out home in the A/C.

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

I did today's pull-ups off of a flat ledge at the skate park.  It was a bit tricky, since the top landing was wet and slippery.  I only got a max of 3/set (grip fry out), and maybe a total of 20.

(sorry about the crappy angle on the video.  I had to just prop my camera and hope for the best).

I love the fact that  while you are being super assassin, your little girl is talking in the background

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

hmmm, I have discovered I have no grip strength :redface-new:  Tried to deadhang off a few random things and can't even grip them :rapture: Things are very different than a pull up bar.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

hmmm, I have discovered I have no grip strength :redface-new:  Tried to deadhang off a few random things and can't even grip them :rapture: Things are very different than a pull up bar.

Good thing there's no time like the present for working on that grip strength by trying even more deadhangs on random stuff.  ;)  

My tutorials:

I think this guy must have done a pull up

Slam dunk: Prisoner uses basketball hoop to leap to freedom http://yahoonewsdigest-gb.tumblr.com/93190652063

I'm subbing just because the pics are so random and awesome. (My physical therapist thinks I should lay off the pullups for now, because my shoulder appears to be giving me fits.)

Rasse: Doppelgänger | Bevölkerungsklasse: Assassine | Stufe: Eins
Str: 1 | Dex: 2.5 | Sta: 1.5 | Con: 2.5 | Wis: 0.5 | Cha: 2
"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself." ~ Jesus Christ

Challenge Nummer: Eins, Battle Log

Good thing there's no time like the present for working on that grip strength by trying even more deadhangs on random stuff.   ;)

That's what I figure. Now I just  need to find stuff that I can grip .

A pull up with a view :) Edit: Sorry about the huge picture :)

Niiiiiccccceeee!

This has my vote!!! Lol

• Like 1

Can someone give me some tips on posting images?

I try from my iPhone but it says the image is too big, even after resizing.

Any apps to tell how big the file is or how to reduce the quality? I only have iPhone or iPad.

Thanks!

A pull up with a view :)

Wait, WHAT?

Also, why is it that Scandinavian people are taking over this thread already? :P

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Can someone give me some tips on posting images?

I try from my iPhone but it says the image is too big, even after resizing.

Any apps to tell how big the file is or how to reduce the quality? I only have iPhone or iPad.

Thanks!

I use tapatalk, and it will ask you what size of the image you want. Easy peasy japanese!

Wait, WHAT?

Also, why is it that Scandinavian people are taking over this thread already? :tongue:

We are all well rested after hibernation during the long and dark winter…….:)

• Like 2

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

We are all well rested after hibernation during the long and dark winter…….:)

I am (fenno-) scandinavian and can confirm this to be true.

Tapatalk has no idea what I'm doing.

Level 4 Half-Elf Assassin

(that dabbles with the scouts)

Tumblr | Blog | Epic quest

"There is no such thing as perfection. The world itself is imperfect; that's what makes it so beautiful."