KitBi12 in the Friendly Village

KitBi12

Kit has finally left camp (Challenge 1: the tutorial) and traveled to the friendly village. The friendly village where this young assassin has not managed to pick any locks or scale walls while hauling loot. Luckily, the genial citizens of friendly village are not bothered by my constant, amateur attempts to pick their pockets.

I’m going to use my time in the friendly village to strengthen my core, physically and emotionally.

Side Quest 1: Do yoga thrice per week. (STR 2, STA 2, CHA 1)

Side Quest 2: Strengthen my core with 1 minute each of various abs exercises (toe-touches, planks, etc.) each per day that I do not practice yoga. Exercise recommendations are welcome. (STR 4, CHA 1)

Side Quest 3: Practice my clarinet twice per week. I love playing music, and have not practiced in far too long. I need to up my Bard training. ;)  (CHA 3, WIS 2)

Fitness Side Quest: Do cardio twice per week. (STR 3, CON 2)

Life Goal: Get it together! Last challenge, I organized and cleaned my kitchen. Now, the rest of the house could use some extra attention. Each week, I will focus on a space in the house that either needs organization or a deep clean.  

Week 1 – Bedroom & closet (CHA 1)

Week 2 – Main bathroom (STR 1)

Week 3 – Kitchen deep clean & half bathroom (STR 1)

Week 4 – Living Room (CHA 1)

Week 5 – Main bathroom (STR 1)

Week 6 – Half bathroom & office (WIS 1)

*Grading scale to come

• Like 2

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

Level: 6

STR 10 | DEX 10 | STA 7.5 | CON 13 | WIS 16.5 | CHA 12.5

Ch. 1 Ch. 2 Ch. 3 | Ch. 4| Ch. 5| Ch. 6Ch. 7Ch. 8

RPG Fanatics

"Make a fray of your own." - E.O. Wilson, Advice to Young Scientists

Woot woot! here we go!

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Great challenge. Love how your broke the cleaning into separate weeks. For core work, pushups and pullups are great. If you can't do a pushup yet, start with knee pushups, or do them on the wall or counter. Pullups starts with rows.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Sunset yoga was a great mix of vinyasa and hatha. Got my stretch on. 

Was a lack-luster day for food though. My company got an ice cream truck (What!?) and my boyfriend picked up Popeyes. I haven't had anything gluten-y, but still not great. I've been home cooking everything, so eating out is weird. Meh. 

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

On one hand, your company sounds awesome because who doesn't like free food? On the other hand, it sounds like an absolute nightmare for anyone trying to watch what they eat. @_@

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

My boyfriend, whom I love very much and am happy for/proud of, has lost 30 lbs. :) Becuase I fed him differently. I hasn't gone grainless; he just eats my 'healthy' food on top of pasta or rice most times. He hasn't started a workout routine; in fact, he started a desk job. And he hasn't changed his portion sizes. He just magically lost 30 lbs. o.o

-.-

*Pokes own body* "Really, Body? Get your shit together."

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

I want to blame biology for that but I have no science knowledge with which to back that up. That's so not fair and I'm jealous though.

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Ha! Totally pulled that one out of my ass too. 

If only other people could lose weight for us... "Here, I don't need this 10 pounds. Do with it what you wish."

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

that would be way too convenient... and probably personal trainers would make a lot more money burning the fat for two people... crazy to think about....

anyways great goals! haha I look forward to seeing your progress!! Music is an awesome goal for practice! what a great idea! 

• Like 1

Quest: Run, aerial silks, handbalancing, and Roue Cyr

Life Goal: Professional cirque performer (secret identity) and Data engineer

For week 1: Yoga, check; abs, check; clarinet, sadly no; cardio, check; and bedroom/closet, check! 

Okay, for the closet I have to donate my old clothes, but they're already bagged up and stuff. So.. Basically a check. 

There was a vagabond band playing New Orleans jazz at the farmer's market today. They had a wonderful clarinetist. I'm jelly. Hopefully, it will remind me how much fun it is to play. 

In other news, I visited a new family for Friday night dinner and ate what is now junk food but used to be healthy food. I was all wobbles and falling in yoga today. :P

And... work is frustrating. Love the company and the job. Just... things are behaving like we want them to behave. I've been told it's not a reflection on my skill, but I'm new and paranoid. Damn biologics. 

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

4 out of 5 is still good! Sorry to hear about the trouble at work. Science is weird. I'd trust the people who say it's not a reflection on you. Take it as a weird hiccup, see if there's anything you can do differently or improve on, and just keep moving forward. :)

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I just learned that the abs exercise I've been favoring is called a jackknife. Who knew? :) 

I've been keeping up with my work-outs (cardio, abs, yoga), doing some beginner level things for assassins mini-challenge, and drinking water for RPG fanatics. My clarinet is falling by the way-side. :/ I've been spending my time keeping up with the NF and spending time with my BF. I need to regroup on this... 

• Like 1

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Way to go for week 1! I also have a goal this week to clean, and it's not easy with how busy life already is. At least I'm not the only one :) Keep up the work with everything and get to that clarinet this week!

Level 2

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge: 1

I have yet to figure out how to make a much better signature

Every Mountain Top Is Within Reach If You Just Keep Climbing

~Barry Finlay

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Sometimes I think the life goals are the hardest to keep up with, depending on what you pick. You can justify taking the time to exercise and eat better because it gives you more energy to be productive and if you're sick less often you dont lose that time, etc. But when it's a hobby or something else you just want to do for the sake of doing, it's much easier to find "better" uses for your time or to feel guilty about not doing something else instead.

You can do it! I believe in you! :)

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Fleaball speaks the truth. I did practice my clarinet yesterday. It's been so long! But so much fun. I couldn't stop myself from giggling between pieces. I had plenty of battle scars (e.g. imprint on my thumb, bruised lip), but my sound had body~ody~ody. ^.^ 

Today, in contrast, I feel spent. I supposed to get my second cardio work out in tonight, but.... eh. I'm also supposed to do laundry, dishes, cook dinner, cook lunch for tomorrow, and finish cleaning the bathroom tonight. I did all the 'bowls' yesterday: tub, sink, toilet. But I'm just exhausted. I was also supposed to tutor tonight, but my student canceled.  

I'm wondering if 5 time intensive work-outs per week along with all of my house duties, activities, and social life is too much. I guess that's why it's a challenge, though. :P 

• Like 1

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

If you clean fast enough it could count as your cardio ;)

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

lol. I wish. Maybe if I run cleaning supplies up the stairs one at a time. 

I made dinner vegetarian style, and focused on the cooking and cleaning in the kitchen. The rest of the bathroom cleaning is mostly vacuuming and dusting, so I can do that tomorrow. 

I'm potentially going out with my new coworkers tomorrow but will try to work out afterwards. 

If you nerds out there haven't seen Adventure Time, it's wonderful. Go forth and watch. 

• Like 1

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

I've been keeping up with my work-outs (cardio, abs, yoga), doing some beginner level things for assassins mini-challenge, and drinking water for RPG fanatics. My clarinet is falling by the way-side. :/ I've been spending my time keeping up with the NF and spending time with my BF. I need to regroup on this... 

Sometimes the hardest thing is to keep it all in perspective.  You can do this :)

If you nerds out there haven't seen Adventure Time, it's wonderful. Go forth and watch. 

I saw the pilot and loved it, but then I never watched the show itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXjxzBOUfnY

I still sometimes say 'Algebraic!'

Also fitting- listen to Lincoln.

Week 2! All the yoga with half of the cardio and clarinet (but I did play; it was glorious). I can feel my abs under the flab.  :P Cleaning also happened. I thought counting cleaning towards strength was a stretch, but, nope, that tub was a nightmare. Scrubbing with no leverage is wicked difficult. 

Today was interesting Challenge wise. Work was hectic so I had a severely truncated lunch (all veggies) with some office provided cake. I planned to get in some cardio today, but my BF offered me a movie and cuddling.\ Weak of will and tired from over time, I opted for ice cream and birthday cuddles.  However, I've already done yoga twice this week, and have my third class tomorrow night. :) 

My local yoga studio is finishing the summer with weekend classes outside near a local river. It's the most serene hour of my week. Mini-vacation. ^.^ 

• Like 2

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines