Sandylion Searches for Sparta

Sandylion

New job= crazy hours and insomnia! Failed at getting up early today, but I'm mega sore from yesterday so clearly I'm doing something right. Won the king of will power today! No emotional eating! Despite sleep deprivation and a strung out, ridiculous day. Tomorrow's goal: don't laze, get up, get moving, get focused.

Check it.

• Like 1

“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.â€- Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks Teri!

So, yesterday... Got a LOT of school work done, so that was good.  Made a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner, so that was good.  Got mega-disappointed yelled at by cello instructor... so that sucked... then felt all defeated and ho hum.... and I was defeated... I ate an oz of semi sweet baking chocolate, a cup of hot chocolate with peppermint extract (holy nicknacks is that ever delicious), a handful of these veggie chip things, and .... some mystery frozen delight out of my freezer... i have no idea what it was but it was homemade, probably by me, and tasted of strawberries and bananas.  So.  That sucked.  

I am getting stuck on feeling like i have too many things to do, and not enough time to do them.  I need to make myself a schedule so I prove to myself I have time for everything.  Then I need too get back to using lists in a positive way, and staying positive.

So, today:

Got up at 0645, not bad.  Wanted to get up at 0630 but missed the mark a bit. Still, better then my historic average.

• Did 3 circuits of my bodyweight+ routine:

30- jumping jacks

10- 1 armed bent over rows with a 20lb kettle bell

10 air squats focussing on form.  Doing the goblet squat without the weight at this point.  I need a lighter kettlebell

10 lunges each side- I seem to have figured out the form on these just right, I could feel 'em!

10 knee push ups.  These murdered me today!

• Had a peanut butter banana for breakfast and a cup of black coffee
  • Got a load of laundry on

Now it's 0830.  Not a bad morning! So, goals for today:

• Finish Paper!! This is number 1 (3 hrs+-)
  • Play cello for at least 30 min (so I don't get yelled at next week...)
  • Clean kitchen (1 hr)
  • vacuum (10 min/room x 6 rooms) 
  • Switch laundry, put another load on, and fold dry stuff (20 min)
  • Packing for weekend (60 min)
  • Switch laundry again, and fold next load (15 min)
  • Groceries for weekend (60 min)
  • Fold last load of laundry (10)
  • A yoga session if there is time (45 min)
  • Give the cats catnip because it was hilarious yesterday (2 min)

Thats 8.5 hrs of stuff, and I've got 9 hrs to do it in.  Going to cross stuff out as I do it.  

Teri, you've inspired this list making post.  Thank you!

* Edited to add laundry to the list.  I need clean clothes to pack!  Now I'm starting to see a time crunch...

“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.â€- Mahatma Gandhi

Awesome. I'm glad I could inspire you the way you inspire me everytime I come check out your posts.

Great start this morning. I want to do BW stuff and I like that you have tough exercises in your circuit. I keep thinking I shouldn't put them in if I can't do them. Ah?! Teri? How else are you going to learn! D'uh!!

Ideas:

try timing your first vacuum job. 10 mins sounds like a lot for one room. Even if it's 7 mins, it will look better and make more time for things like yoga.

Are you planning to break up any of these? Do them in stages? Does that work for you?

Great amounts of motivation and luck being sent your way!!

Cheers

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Awesome. I'm glad I could inspire you the way you inspire me everytime I come check out your posts.

Great start this morning. I want to do BW stuff and I like that you have tough exercises in your circuit. I keep thinking I shouldn't put them in if I can't do them. Ah?! Teri? How else are you going to learn! D'uh!!

Ideas:

try timing your first vacuum job. 10 mins sounds like a lot for one room. Even if it's 7 mins, it will look better and make more time for things like yoga.

Are you planning to break up any of these? Do them in stages? Does that work for you?

Great amounts of motivation and luck being sent your way!!

Cheers

Hey Teri,

Which ones are you worried about not being able to do?  Most of them are pretty adaptable to get to a level you can do them, and then work up.  Pushups for instance, start with a wall push up, then a knee push up, then an incline push up, then a regular, and maybe one day even a decline push up!  

I am definitely breaking things up! I am captain goldfish, so if I want to stay engaged I have to give myself focused distractions ;) Like right now, I finished another section on my paper, so I rewarded myself with doing laundry and checking nerd fitness.  (Who ever heard of laundry as a reward? I must be crazy.)

The paper is going a bit quicker then I expected so maybe that will be less then 3 hrs.  the 10 min/room for vacuuming is because there is usually some tidying that has to happen first so that I CAN vacuum, and it always takes a bit longer then expected.  Its a good idea though.  I'll see how long the first room takes me and then go from there.  

LMAO Captain Goldfish!! You need a shirt that says that. On the front, and the back of it!

Lunges are really new to me. I've had a lack of confidence concerning my balance for decades. Falling in winter, not being able to skateboard when I was a kid, and the added weight just kept me thinking the worst. Now with 65 pounds off my highest weight, I feel like I can attempt them.

I like laundry as a reward. Clean warm clothes, mmmm. Also the longest parts of it require no effort!

Ah the tidying up of a room. Now there's a chore I need to incorporate. I still haven't found permanent places for everything since my move.

Lets see some crossed off things by lunch time!! Good luck.

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

OMG YES.  CAPTAIN GOLDFISH IS AWESOME!

goldfish5.jpg

• Like 2

Level 70 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Hey chica,  on the box jumps when you say fall back down instead of landing solidly, you're not jumping OFF the box are you?

Jump onto box, step off the box.   Repeat.   Super safer for your achilles tendons - which you really want to be kind to!  (My teammate ruptured hers once, it was like a 6 month ordeal before she got back to her regular activities.)   And, the explosive part of the set up is in the jump up, so it's not cheating to step off the box.    I watched a workout by an NHL star, and on his box jumps, he jumped up to the highest one, then the trainer had him walk down a series of 'steps' from smaller boxes so he wasn't jumping off.   If it's good for Zetterberg, it's good for me! 

Just my 2c. :)   Take and put in coin jar, or fling it in a fountain as you see fit.

I was definitely not stepping of the box (or park bench as the case may be).  Next time I get out there, I will make sure to be kind to my achilles!

And I will fling it into a fountain.  Not disrespectfully, but because it will bring me luck!  And a Starpuck 2c is even more luck then a regular 2c!

Yes, Sir Captain Goldfish!   Do it!

Also chugging along on those chores, you are rocking it girl!  You're making ME feel like I've accomplished something just by watching you do it!

Huzzah!

• Like 1

Level 70 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Ugh, I hate dishes!  I usually give myself the 'treat' of setting up my iPad so I can watch a show on netflix while I do dishes so then I sort of look forward to it :P

Sorry I didn't reply when you posted this! I was off in the great Canadian North :)  I tried to attack my list so aggressive so that I wouldn't feel guilty about taking off for a few days when there is so much left to do :)  As it was, it was really nice to come home to a house with a clean kitchen, no cat hair tumbleweeds floating around, and then... to get right back to preparing my day for work and doing some school stuff! The fun never stops.

No worries, mate.

Sounds like it worked out great. My former g/f rubbed off on me like that as well. Coming home to a clean home is a really nice feeling, like you know you took care of yourself enough to make coming home a calm and wonderful thing.

I finally got to most of my dishes. I am going to try your approach, sounds like it would help.

Yay end of challenge!!

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Hurray for end of challenge!

Goal 1-Eat like a Spartan! (no emotional eating)

I definitely did do some progress on emotional eating, but there was a lot of slippage.  I would give it a D+

Goal 2- Bodyweight work out- I think I did it like... 5 times total.  Almost once a week! Ooo... hooooray. F

Goal 3- I went rock climbing 3 times, that was actually pretty good.  I did yoga like... twice.  F

Goal 4- Walking running/hills- Did this twice.  F

Well, I finished the challenge, I didn't crap-out half way through.  I did more then I have done in the past.  

I need to get my arse in gear for the next challenge.  The SPARTAN IS COMING!

Sparta!!

I'm really happy for you that emotional eating has been a factor in your life that you've been able to work on. Before coming to NF, my emotional eating had all the power, I wouldn't let myself take control. Now, it still has control at important times, but I think I'm getting better. Now, I believe you are as well. YAY!!

You know there were plenty of challenges I didn't make it through so I know how important finishing this one means to you. I'm proud of you and you hopefully are proud of yourself as well.

Sparta!!

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines