Haku loves Haku - 2nd try

Haku

Alright, so last challenge I had a go at loving myself... Which didn't go too well. Yes, I did see some things in my appearance that I liked. Yes, I did see I am worth something and that I'm fun to be around... But loving yourself goes so much further than simply liking yourself for who you are and what you look like... Loving yourself means taking care of yourself and that is one major thing I haven't really been doing, which made me feel disappointed in myself. Thus I have decided that I failed last challenge. Not miserably, but I failed enough to have a go at this again and not let myself level up. I'm not going to make it too easy for myself, it's not called a challenge for nothing.

determined-challenge-accepted.png

So, the plan for this challenge is...

Taking care of myself!

I am going to take care of myself in various ways, which are all important. 

Physically:

This means becoming fit. I need to exercise more (seriously, I don't do a thing when it comes to exercise, I am super duper lazy) and I need to start doing SOMETHING which comes close to exercise. I also need to eat healthy. This means enough veggies and fruit. And cutting back on sugar. Which is difficult, because I am dealing with an addiction. Fortunately having an addiction doesn't mean you will NEVER get rid of it, so I'm going to show myself some love by fighting for my own health.

Mentally:

This means loving myself as a person more and realising and BELIEVING I am worthy of existence. And that I don't make mistakes all the time. And that even when I do make mistakes, it is alright to make mistakes, because that's only human. Right? But mentally making sure I take care of myself also means doing things I like, things I find fun, like face-painting myself, drawing, singing, playing piano, baking, having a facial mask, watching films... Things like that. Also... Pokémon!!!

TL:DR - Exercise, eat healthy, love myself, do fun stuff

tumblr_movafojPT41ssw6abo1_400.gif

Plan de campagne

I am going to make my daily list again, only stricter. I have been too soft on myself and I need to give myself a shot in the arm, to say it neatly. 

Basic needs - I need to win all of these, in order to win a day. One fail means failing a whole day. In that way, I must win at least 75% of the days.

- Sleep 8+ hours

- Eat veggies

- Eat fruit

- Drink 1.5L + water

I need to have at least 12 sugar free days in this challenge. It is hard enough to have 1 sugar free day each week, but this calls for me to have an average of 2 sugar free days each week. It will be a real challenge for me. I am, however, allowed to fill these sugar free days in whatever way I like.

Exercise is mandatory to this challenge as well, since I need to get off of my lazy... uhm... bottom. Yes, that's a neat word, right? I need to (partially) stop being a couch potato, as much as I love being a couch potato. This calls for me to exercise at least 12 times this challenge, which, again, means an average of 2 times each week, but again I'm allowed to schedule this at will. Dancing for 30+ minutes counts as exercise as well, because it is something that gets my heart BPM up in no-time and it is something I actually enjoy doing, despite not being good at it. 

Doing the things I love is also important, which means I need to take time for myself to do the things I love. I want to do something I love at least 18 times this challenge, which means an average of 3 times a week and again planning my own schedule with this. 

And then there is the to-do-list of things I really need to get done this challenge. I like to use my challenges as to-do-lists, because it allows me to push myself to get a few things done before the end of the challenge, which helps me keeping my life on track. I will stick mine in the logbook, because that's easiest to do. Then everything's stuck together. 

patrick-star-to-do-list-animated-by-flye

Logbook

Keeping track of stuff is very important, hence I am going to do that here. 

Week 1 (5 wins, 2$, 1€, 4£)

Day 1 Win £ - Day 2 Fail £ - Day 3 Win $ - Day 4 Win £ - Day 5 Win $ - Day 6 Fail €+£ - Day 7 Win

Week 2 (6 wins, 2$, 2€, 5£)

Day 8 Fail £ - Day 9 Win €+£ - Day 10 Win $ - Day 11 Win - Day 12 Win £ - Day 13 Win £ - Day 14 Win $+€+£

Week 3 (7 wins, 1$, 0€, 1£)

Day 15 Win - Day 16 Win - Day 17 Win $ - Day 18 Win - Day 19 Win - Day 20 Win £ - Day 21 Win

Week 4 (7 wins, 2$, 2€, 5£)

Day 22 Win $+£ - Day 23 Win :) - Day 24 Win £ - Day 25 Win €+£ - Day 26 Win - Day 27 Win £ - Day 28 Win €+£+$

Week 5 (6 wins, 2$, 1€, 5£)

Day 29 Win $+£ - Day 30 Fail £ - Day 31 Win - Day 32 Win £ - Day 33 Win £ - Day 34 Win $+€+£ - Day 35 Win

Week 6 (3 wins, 1$, 1€, 3£)

Day 36 Fail - Day 37 Win £+$ - Day 38 Win £ - Day 39 Win £+€ - Day 40

(count: 10) $ for $ugar free day (goal: at least 12)

(count: 7) € for €xercise (goal: at least 12) 

(count: 23) £ for doing something I £ove (goal: at least 18) WIN

(count: 34) Daily wins (goal: at least 32) WIN

to-do-list (still subject to change, I need to complete at least 50% of these tasks, rounded up) WIN

- Find room in Cambridge Win

- Finish reading "Directing the Documentary"

- Order 2nd book for Cambridge Win

- Buy mini SD card USB reader, for my camera to my laptop Win

Weight at start of challenge: 85.0 kg   (never expected this, since I ate fairly unhealthy during my holidays, I even lost weight! LOL )

Weight at end of challenge: 

• Like 1

If you don't shoot, you'll miss by default.

Hello!  Glad to see you are back.  :)

For your sugar free days, will you allow natural sugar…like fruit?

And yes - making mistakes is totally okay and can sometimes be a good thing!

Best of luck!  You'll do great.

• Like 1
Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

For your sugar free days, will you allow natural sugar…like fruit?

Yes, natural sugars are alright. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to complete my Daily Basic list, right? ;) But fruit and honey are alright for me to have, just not manufactured sugars like the kind you find in chocolate, biscuits, sweets and cakes. So maybe I'm going to have a go and bake myself sugar free biscuits, sweetened with honey and fruit. Who knows. n_n Then I will have snacks, even though I have a sugar free day. But still, it would be best for the sugar free days to simply not have unhealthy snacks. I could snack an apple or a few nuts or something.

• Like 1

Would you consider learning to bake a few healthy treats?  Maybe you can swap them out not just on your sugar free days, but on your sugar days you can eat less and less.  

Sugar addiction is like everything else, once you are used to having less, you'll crave less.  And once it's part of your lifestyle, it won't even be a challenge, it will just be you.

Good luck!  I'm glad you're back.  My last challenge was less than a 100% success either.  So refocusing is way necessary.  

• Like 1

Level 3 - Person who doesn't really understand what stats are.  I know, you've explained it...

Would you consider learning to bake a few healthy treats?  Maybe you can swap them out not just on your sugar free days, but on your sugar days you can eat less and less.  

Certainly, I'm definitely thinking of that. I enjoy baking a lot, even though I don't do it very often. It's certainly worth having a look at sugarless treats, also for regular days. :D Who knows, maybe I'll build a few new recipes for sugarless treats, start experimenting and create things myself. It would be fun. 

tumblr_m7kwtoVjMR1rziwwco1_250.gif

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I went through a really bad time four years ago. Went through a divorce, it just wasn't pretty. I found that one of the things that helped me get past the effects of the emotional and mental abuse she put me through was being alone with myself.  I stopped doing so much for other people, especially her, and took care of myself. I looked at all the things I liked to do... and I did them.

Once I found that I liked being with myself, I made some new friends and moved on.  If it might help, I would suggest trying to do this. Take yourself out on a date... I know it sounds stupid, or corny, but it can go a long way towards helping your self esteem: giving yourself permission to do the things you love.

Best wishes as you start this challenge!

• Like 2

People always say, "When the time is right..." or "I'm waiting for the perfect..." Guess what the right time never comes along, the perfect moment, guy, gal or opportunity will never drop into your lap. Don't wait, start now. Do what is necessary, then what's possible... and suddenly you're doing the impossible.

Wayward Son

Level 1 Barbarian Shaman

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

Wayward Son on Facebook | Wayward Son on Fitbit

Weight Loss : Current weight (240lbs) Goal weight (185lbs)

0%
0%

Current WIP: Amidst Broken Hearts Current Word Count (16,353) Goal Word Count (75,000)

22%
22%

Take yourself out on a date... 

Hehehe, it sounds silly indeed, but I guess I understand what you mean. I'm just not sure how to give shape to going on a date with myself. How did you go on a date with yourself? Also, thank you for sharing your story with me, I guess it is important to get back to yourself, no matter what the situation is. 

And you too, good luck starting this challenge. :)

tumblr_m7kwtoVjMR1rziwwco1_250.gif

D'aww, Jitters, you're making me blush. Let me return the favour: you are awesome too! :D

• Like 1

I like to watch movies and explore new places. So I went to the movies by myself a lot and went several times to New Orleans, just roaming the city, experiencing it.  Think of the things that you like to do, no matter what anyone else thinks about them, and do some of them :)

• Like 1

People always say, "When the time is right..." or "I'm waiting for the perfect..." Guess what the right time never comes along, the perfect moment, guy, gal or opportunity will never drop into your lap. Don't wait, start now. Do what is necessary, then what's possible... and suddenly you're doing the impossible.

Wayward Son

Level 1 Barbarian Shaman

0%
0%

Current WIP: Amidst Broken Hearts Current Word Count (16,353) Goal Word Count (75,000)

22%
22%

Quotes about loving yourself - maybe they help. I feel I can help you best by

showing you things I feel have helped me, because that I can do well.

I am struggling with this myself. It is not easy, but I seldomly, find the place of love inside myself... Sort of.

I do not understand it, but it is possible. You are not me, and I am not you. You path may be different.

But it is there. Trust me. It may seem it is not there sometimes, but it is, even if you can't see it at the moment.

When you get to a place where you understand that love and belonging, your worthiness, is a birthright and not something you have to earn, anything is possible. Keep worthiness off the table. Your raise can be on the table, your promotion can be on the table, your title can be on the table, your grades can be on the table. But keep your worthiness for love and belonging off the table. And then ironically everything else just takes care of itself.

Brene Brown, TED-blog 'Q&A about vulnerability'

And also what she said about raising children:

And we perfect, most dangerously, our children. Let me tell you what we think about children. They're hardwired for struggle when they get here. And when you hold those perfect little babies in your hand, our job is not to say, "Look at her, she's perfect. My job is just to keep her perfect -- make sure she makes the tennis team by fifth grade and Yale by seventh grade." That's not our job. Our job is to look and say, "You know what? You're imperfect, and you're wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging." That's our job.

You are good enough, and worthy of love. Human beings are not perfecct, (see? ;) ) and can never be. But we still can be loved.

“Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket.
But to love something despite. To know the flws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.â€

Patrick Rothfuss, Wise Man's Fear

I know I am speaking of things I do not know. I may hurt you, as I do not know you personally,

and am speaking of tender things I cannot understand or hold in my life myself.

(Though I hope you can tell me, if I am too honest and hurt you. I would like to know that too).

I use quotes of others' because they tell it better than I could.

Brene Browns work has really given me insights, tools, knowledge, and, most importantly, trust in this.

http://blog.ted.com/2012/03/16/being-vulnerable-about-vulnerability-qa-with-brene-brown/

http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability

http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_listening_to_shame

In other matter, I think you do not share my views, but...

I am going to make my daily list again, only stricter. I have been too soft on myself and I need to give myself a shot in the arm, to say it neatly. 

Basic needs - I need to win all of these, in order to win a day. One fail means failing a whole day. In that way, I must win at least 75% of the days.

- Sleep 8+ hours

- Eat veggies

- Eat fruit

- Drink 1.5L + water

For example, if you sleep 9 hours, eat a bucket of vegetable soup, and eat three fruits, but you drink only half a litre,

it does not mean you didn't at all do those other things. But do it in a way what is you, this here just to give food

for consideration of different views.

• Like 2

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

I like to watch movies and explore new places. So I went to the movies by myself a lot and went several times to New Orleans, just roaming the city, experiencing it.  Think of the things that you like to do, no matter what anyone else thinks about them, and do some of them :)

Sounds good. I've never been to the movies alone. To be honest, I'm slightly afraid to go to the movies alone, but then again... Why not? What's to be afraid about? There's a first time for everything. :) I'm definitely going to facepaint myself too, some time this challenge. It is something I find so much fun and the result is usually pretty awesome. There's many fun things to do that I truly enjoy. Like having a facial mask, watching a film and drinking a cup of tea, while letting that mask clean your face. Mmmm, so relaxing. Anyway, thank you for the tip! Great idea! I'm going on a date with myself~! <3

• Like 1

I know I am speaking of things I do not know. I may hurt you, as I do not know you personally,

and am speaking of tender things I cannot understand or hold in my life myself.

(Though I hope you can tell me, if I am too honest and hurt you. I would like to know that too).

I use quotes of others' because they tell it better than I could.

Fearkiller, you are definitely NOT hurting me. I think it's very helpful to read things from other people, inspirational quotes and such. It can help provide insights. :) Really. 

The idea of being loved, that this is natural... Well... I suppose I need to love myself first. And I am sure I will get there. For some reason I feel fairly calm and positive about this challenge, I have the idea that I'm actually going to get somewhere with myself and my self-love. And once I can love myself, I will be open for the love of others too. Seems like a great thing to happen... And that might also mean I could get a nice BF or GF! But that's something for the future. ;) First things first, and that's treating myself well, loving myself and feeling (truly feeling) I am worth it. It shouldn't be questionable, I know, but I have questioned my own worth for so long, that it will be strange not to question it anymore. It's something I'll have to grow into, which will probably take time. I think 6 weeks should do. ;)

Fearkiller, you are definitely NOT hurting me. I think it's very helpful to read things from other people, inspirational quotes and such. It can help provide insights. :) Really. 

The idea of being loved, that this is natural... Well... I suppose I need to love myself first. And I am sure I will get there. For some reason I feel fairly calm and positive about this challenge, I have the idea that I'm actually going to get somewhere with myself and my self-love. And once I can love myself, I will be open for the love of others too. Seems like a great thing to happen... And that might also mean I could get a nice BF or GF! But that's something for the future. ;) First things first, and that's treating myself well, loving myself and feeling (truly feeling) I am worth it. It shouldn't be questionable, I know, but I have questioned my own worth for so long, that it will be strange not to question it anymore. It's something I'll have to grow into, which will probably take time. I think 6 weeks should do. ;)

Okay :):love_heart:

Anyhow, I took it to mean 'an idea of loving yourself, that is natural'. 

Your own self-love isn't something tied to outside things.

You are right, you love yourself first, and then others.

"The letter appointing this commission laid down nine principles of efficient governmental work,

the most striking of which was: 'The existence of any method, standard, custom or practice

is no reason for its continuance when a better is offered' " -Theodore Roosevelt, Autobiography

In other words, just because it has been in the past, does not mean it ought be in the future.

-- --. Yes, I did see some things in my appearance that I liked. Yes, I did see I am worth something and that I'm fun to be around... But loving yourself goes so much further than simply liking yourself for who you are and what you look like... Loving yourself means taking care of yourself -- --

I mean, it's the other way around:

you don't love yourself because you take care of yourself,

you take care of yourself because you love yourself

for who you are and what you look like.

I would like to hear you view on this, because I may be missing something I am too close to myself to see.

• Like 1

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

you don't love yourself because you take care of yourself,

you take care of yourself because you love yourself

for who you are and what you look like.

You are so horribly right. Although I think it works both ways... By taking care of myself, I will feel better, healthier, which will result in a better mental health, which will eventually result in loving myself. I find it hard to love myself because I'm overweight, so it will be easier to love myself when I'm slimmer, when I feel more energetic and all that stuff. But of course, what you say is true as well. When you love yourself, you only want the best for yourself, which means you will take care of yourself without having to think about it. 

The way I see it, I have to start taking care of myself in order to start loving myself. As soon as I love myself, the taking care of myself will be no effort at all. 

Also, I'm going to use this post to look back on my day.

- Sleep 8+ hours WIN

- Eat veggies WIN

- Eat fruit WIN

- Drink 1.5L + water WIN

I played Pokémon today and almost completed the Coastal Kalos dex, which is awesome! I've started on the Mountain Kalos dex now, which will still take time, but hey..! I have holidays now, so I have time. It was great to just be lazy. :) It was my first day back home again, after my holiday. Also, my day started really nicely, because I weighed and I was convinced I would've gained weight after my holiday, because I ate really badly, but the scales told me I was 85.0kg, which means I lost about 2kg! :D Holy moly! I am so happy! You should've heard my scream this morning. *giggle*

4 wins!  Way to go!   :applouse:

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

4 wins!  Way to go!   :applouse:

I know right? But seriously, I need to win every single thing, to win a day. If I miss even one, the day will count as a fail. This challenge is going to be a real challenge. And I'm actually getting excited about it, because it's a harder challenge. ^_^

Haku, welcome back!

Many of us feel that we failed , at least in some parts, last challenge; so you're in good company!

Congratulations on your continuing challenge, I like it!

Also, I agree on the going on a date with yourself line of thought. When we meet others we set some time aside, have a shower, dress nice, maybe put on makeup and we can do all those things (that probably make us feel good ) for ourselves as well. 

I did something for me tonight; I cleaned my apartment which was really needed but tough because it's so hot here. I feel good and I feel good about myself. Double win.

Namaste

I have chosen to believe in myself.

Haku, welcome back!

Many of us feel that we failed , at least in some parts, last challenge; so you're in good company!

Congratulations on your continuing challenge, I like it!

Also, I agree on the going on a date with yourself line of thought. When we meet others we set some time aside, have a shower, dress nice, maybe put on makeup and we can do all those things (that probably make us feel good ) for ourselves as well. 

I did something for me tonight; I cleaned my apartment which was really needed but tough because it's so hot here. I feel good and I feel good about myself. Double win.

Namaste

Wauw, I didn't realise there were so many that feel they failed the challenge. It's a pity, yet at the same time I'm glad, because I'm not the only one, hehehe. At least we are all strong enough to get back to this challenge and simply try again. I don't think druids tend to give up. Then again, no one here on NF does. :) That's the great thing about the community.

Great that you cleaned your apartment! Kudos to you! You may definitely be proud of yourself! I know the feeling of having to do stuff when it's hot outside. It's quite warm here too. Well... Not so much in temperature, but in how the air feels, since it's so humid here. ~_~ Bleh. But doing things for yourself is always good. Tomorrow I'm going to take care of a few things that really need to be done, so it's going to be a useful day. Hopefully I'll be able to stick in some me-time as well, to watch a nice film or something. I dunno what I'll do, but it will definitely be something fun. 

• Like 1

Congrats on the wins! Can't wait to hear how it goes :)

Wayward Son

Level 1 Barbarian Shaman

0%
0%

22%
22%

Right... So the log for today. 

- Sleep 8+ hours WIN

- Eat veggies FAIL

- Eat fruit WIN

- Drink 1.5L + water WIN

And you know what this means... There's one fail, so that means the whole day counts as a fail. It's a pity. Veggies were on the planning for tonight, but my mum and I decided to order pizza and so... No veggies. We watched a film during dinner: Step Up 2. I always get excited about dancing when I watch the Step Up films and it's a standard that I dance during the credits, because there's cool music. I danced for a while tonight, but not for 30 minutes, so unfortunately I can't count this as exercise... Maybe tomorrow. 

For the rest, my day has been really nice and easy. I didn't do the stuff I wanted to do, as in being useful, so I will do that tomorrow. I did, however, do things I really enjoyed. I hung around in my PJs almost all day (I love PJ days) and I scanned quite a few drawings in my sketchbook and put them together as sketch pages. The result is AWESOME and I am so glad I made those sketch pages. It's easy to upload, it looks like fun scribbling, which is exactly the feeling that I want the viewer to have, because I HAD fun while scribbling down those little drawings. I also photoshopped two pictures of my mum, to make her skin look a bit healthier, reduce the red around her eyes (she was real tired at the time I took the picture) and get rid of a few wrinkles. xD Anyway, the result is really nice and she's happy with the result. She even put one of those pictures as her new FaceBook profile picture! And the silly thing is, because it's still so clearly her, you barely see that the picture is photoshopped, even though there's a HUGE change in the picture. Anyway, I also watched the film Prince of Egypt, which is about Moses... It's quite a biblical film, but it was very interesting and there was great animation (I simply love 2D animation) and it was fun to recognise the whole story from back when I read the children's bible with my grandparents. 

So I'd say I had a great time today, which definitely counts as a things-I-£ove-day. I didn't manage to not eat sugars, although I started off pretty nicely this morning. In the afternoon I just couldn't resist anymore... Fortunately there's still tomorrow, so I'll have another chance. Seriously, I'll get there. I promise. Anyway, I'll just stick my newly uploaded pictures in here, for you all to see, because I am a bit proud of myself. Hehe. Enjoy.

kawasakiw800_by_hakuthewolf-d7sqx2c.png   This was the motorbike I rode around, last week in my holiday. It's a Kawasaki W800.

sketchpage_animals01_by_hakuthewolf-d7sq

sketchpage_humans01_by_hakuthewolf-d7sr6

Jeezas, I saw your thread a few days ago, told myself "I'll post something in here later" and then BAM! 18 replies and I'm already falling behind lol.

The discussion about loving oneself is A+, and I'm totally trying to apply some of that to myself as well ;P

Also, your drawings are awesome o_o As for the one fail...surely you could count the tomato sauce in the pizza as a vegetable? Or were there mushrooms? Peppers? Hmm. Now I want mushroom pizza, but we're all out of portobello mushrooms. Curses!

• Like 1

I love you drawings!  I have a lot of trouble with the loose illustrative drawings, mine tend to be more tight and stress me out.  Sometimes it's very freeing for painting just to do a loose impression instead of stressing about details.

Btw, how do you upload pictures of your drawings?  Do you have to first upload them to a different site and then link to here or can you upload directly from your computer here?

And your challenge accepted gif made me think of this:

Challenge-Accepted.jpg

• Like 1

STR- 4, DEX- 0, STA- 4, CON- 1, WIS- 1, CHA- 0

O.o Those sketches...

:love_heart: I am in awe.

Wow!

You know what?

enc.jpg

I think with how good you are to draw, you could give and help someone with your talent?
To clarify, my line of thought goes: "Haku loves drawing. He/She (Idon'tknowHakusgender - omg! :tongue: ) He 'likes a high charisma score'
and one thing that helps with that is going out and helping people, adding value to lives, so to say. And genuine connection with
people is pure magic"

Jeezas, I saw your thread a few days ago, told myself "I'll post something in here later" and then BAM! 18 replies and I'm already falling behind lol.

The discussion about loving oneself is A+, and I'm totally trying to apply some of that to myself as well ;P

Also, your drawings are awesome o_o As for the one fail...surely you could count the tomato sauce in the pizza as a vegetable? Or were there mushrooms? Peppers? Hmm. Now I want mushroom pizza, but we're all out of portobello mushrooms. Curses!

Ehehe, I dunno. Am I allowed to count tomato sauce as vegetable? xD Wouldn't that be cheating? I had pizza with pineapple. Usually I just have a plain pizza with only cheese, but this time I decided I felt like having pineapple on top. Gawd, pineapple is such a wonderful fruit! I love it!

I'm happy to hear you're applying some of those self-love things to yourself, but I think for now you have enough challenge as it is, with cleaning and decluttering your room. In Dutch we have a saying, which translates into "Don't take too much hay on your fork". I think the meaning is pretty obvious with this one. ;)

I love you drawings!  I have a lot of trouble with the loose illustrative drawings, mine tend to be more tight and stress me out.  Sometimes it's very freeing for painting just to do a loose impression instead of stressing about details.

Btw, how do you upload pictures of your drawings?  Do you have to first upload them to a different site and then link to here or can you upload directly from your computer here?

And your challenge accepted gif made me think of this:

Challenge-Accepted.jpg

Ooooh, do you have a DeviantArt profile or some other kind of profile where I can view your art? I'm very curious now. As for the uploading, I upload most of my pictures to my DeviantArt profile and I copy the image URL from there to stick them into my posts here. Sometimes, however, I want to post some pictures that I don't want to upload on any other online profiles and it's not always handy to put them in my gallery here, so in those cases I tend to upload the picture on Photobucket and copy the image URL from there. My Photobucket account is invisible for anyone, so that makes it easy for me to use it for pictures I only want to post here. 

And yes, I saw a lot of pictures of that guy when I was looking for the Challenge Accepted meme. I've seen many pictures of that guy before, but I honestly haven't a clue what he's from. xD LOL

O.o Those sketches...

:love_heart: I am in awe.

Wow!

You know what?

enc.jpg

I think with how good you are to draw, you could give and help someone with your talent?
To clarify, my line of thought goes: "Haku loves drawing. He/She (Idon'tknowHakusgender - omg! :tongue: ) He 'likes a high charisma score'
and one thing that helps with that is going out and helping people, adding value to lives, so to say. And genuine connection with
people is pure magic"

Actually I already encourage lots of people. I am the stimulating factor in my class (as explicitly mentioned by my mentor) and I make art for people. Normally I ask money for it, but at times I make things for free. For instance, a friend of mine started a furry convention in the Netherlands. Previous weekend was the first time that that con was around, so I am making some artwork for the con, so he will have some promotion material. Jitters asked me to help design something for him, so I'm doing that too. I think it's fun. I don't have a high charisma score for nothing, it is something I am fairly good at in real life, according to other people, even though I don't always notice it myself, haha!

As for my gender... Biologically I'm female, but I identify as genderqueer, because I can't be too bothered with gender and the stereotypes that come with it. I always used to be a bit more boy-ish, I suppose. :) But to the world I present myself as female, so I suppose it'd be easiest to refer to me as "she", although you're free to refer to me as any other gender you can think of. ^_^ I'm fine with "he" as well, really, so whatever you like best, I suppose.

Actually I already encourage lots of people. I am the stimulating factor in my class (as explicitly mentioned by my mentor) and I make art for people. Normally I ask money for it, but at times I make things for free. For instance, a friend of mine started a furry convention in the Netherlands. Previous weekend was the first time that that con was around, so I am making some artwork for the con, so he will have some promotion material. Jitters asked me to help design something for him, so I'm doing that too. I think it's fun. I don't have a high charisma score for nothing, it is something I am fairly good at in real life, according to other people, even though I don't always notice it myself, haha!

As for my gender... Biologically I'm female, but I identify as genderqueer, because I can't be too bothered with gender and the stereotypes that come with it. I always used to be a bit more boy-ish, I suppose. :) But to the world I present myself as female, so I suppose it'd be easiest to refer to me as "she", although you're free to refer to me as any other gender you can think of. ^_^ I'm fine with "he" as well, really, so whatever you like best, I suppose.

Darn, you beat me to it ;) That's great!

I have thought you as a she, I don't know why, I just felt like it, and thus I'll stick with that.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines