Terinatum goes the distance.

Terinatum

Challenge 11 

I am jazzed by my performance last challenge. I am lookin' to keep that going. I just bought a pair of size 18 shorts! I'm out of the 20's. Yeah! I'm also 231 lbs. (as of this morning) which I haven't been in at least 10 years. To keep this momentum going, I need to be more active on all fronts. I will find a good balance between eating, running, strengthening, and timing.

Goals:

1. Eating:: track food, daily calories, and all experiments in the kitchen in order to create a healthier me, and an awesome kitchen. 30 out of 42 days.

+3 CHR

30/42 A              26/42 B              22/42 C              18/42 D              < 18 F

2. SECOND EDIT:: Running:: Nonstop run of 3.1 miles. A 5K!!! I will run 18/42 days and use the interval system and dynamic warm-ups, sprint endings, and a walk for cool-down.

+5 DEX

18/42 A              14/42 B               10/42 C              6/42 D               < 6 F

3. Strengthening:: Workout 3x week at my gym of which I just joined. Actual exercises, sets, and reps will be listed as soon as I get my butt in the gym and see where I'm at since it's been awhile. They will include Rowing for warm-up, Deadlifts, Squats, Rows, Push-ups, Assisted pull-ups, Rope wave, Planks, and more…

+5 STR

16/42 A              13/42 B               10/42 C              7/42 D              < 7 F

4. Timing:: Manage my time. I have 'down time' with my job, but it's cut into significantly smaller pieces than I'm use to. So, hour-by-hour planning and reporting on what worked and what didn't. 18/42 days

+2 WIS

18/42 A              14/42 B               10/42 C              6/42 D             < 6 F

Good Luck to All.

• Like 4

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

What Font Is That? It's nice (unlike this one)

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

W0 D7

This morning's workout in the gym.

Warm-up: 5 mins on rowing machine (works well to get blood and heart pumping)

Lat pull-down: 60# 3 x 10 w/20 sec. rests (good weight)

Bench: 45# 3 x 10 w/20 sec. (easy weight)

Squat: 45# 6 x 5 w/20 sec. (way too much!!!) was trying to find my form, not good. Not getting back far enough, then got gun shy. Damn!

OHP: 45# 3x5 15 sec. (Good weight)

Lat pull-down: 80# 3x10 w/15 sec. (hard weight)

Rows: 60# 3x10 w/15 sec. (weight good, but wrong exercise - use reverse butterfly to get shoulder blade squeeze)

Deadlift: 95# fail (too tired, bad form, and too much weight)

Stretches: hamstring, quad, hip flexor, calf

Foam roller: hip flexors, quads, back

Great sweat, too sore already (will pay for it while running tomorrow), good atmosphere, helpful club member and staff member. See you at the gym tomorrow for running!

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Cool challenge, and in an exciting font!

What's your strength plan? I ask only because I've found for myself, if I don't plan something pretty specific, I start the challenge off very motivated to do lots of strength work but by the end slack off in the worst way. Maybe you're different, but if not you might want a training plan.

• Like 2

Class and Profession: Level 23 Borg Queen 

Looking forward to this one

Thanks, Matt. I'm really happy to be putting myself first enough to make my challenges happen. I can't wait to see what you have planned. I'm headed over so surprise me with awesomeness! Cheers

So freaking excited to watch you own this, Teri!!

I couldn't own all this without you. Thanks, Kailer.

Cool challenge, and in an exciting font!

What's your strength plan? I ask only because I've found for myself, if I don't plan something pretty specific, I start the challenge off very motivated to do lots of strength work but by the end slack off in the worst way. Maybe you're different, but if not you might want a training plan.

I love this font. I think it's my new fav.

Good question on strength plan. I'm working on form for the squat and deadlift. Other exercises I'm finding my good starting weights. Once I get those I'll have to judge/guess how much more weight I can bust out by the time 6 wks comes around. Any thoughts on weight progression? I'm with you on slacking off. At least I use to be. I don't know what this will bring, it's all so new.

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Okay so I have to redo one of my goals already. It's not legit any more. Wanna know why? check the next post! hehehe suspense.

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

W1 D1

great morning!

Eat/Cooking:

done - see below

Workout:

day off

Run:

long run day

treadmill: grade 0

4.2 mph constant

time 22:00

equals 1 .54 miles

I RAN THE WHOLE WAY WITHOUT STOPPING!!!!
I RAN 1.54 MILES TODAY!!!!!

Yesterday:

no grade, just a thought

I need to eat more calories (good ones) now that I'm working out and running so much. Hum...?

Tracking:

Today's life goal plan:
 finish laundry (90 mins, can do other things)
 post on NF and check on peeps (45 mins)
 be a wet nurse and love nip recipient (now! Mouse hand is being apprehended as I type)
 make steak stir fry with squash, onions, tomatoes, spinach, garlic, and carrots (breakfast - eating/cooking experiment goal) (45 mins)
 log mileage for the week (45 mins)
 relax (15 mins)
 drink water (throughout)
 stretch gently (throughout)
 call insurance company to fix claim (45 mins)
 let client know I can't do the dates she asked for (5 mins)
 call back a possible client and tell them I can't do the time they asked for but maybe another time (5 mins)
 play Hay Day (45 mins)
 eat again (lunch - eating goal 45 mins)
 go to insurance company to change renter's insurance over to new residence (60 mins)
 deposit check (5 mins)
 go on wet walk with dog (50 mins)
 clean dog house (30 mins)
 clean cat/bird house (30 mins)
 relax (15 mins)
 eat again (dinner - eating goal 45 mins)
 to be determined (evening)
  • Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Yay for a new goal already! That is really great :)

I'm glad that 18ck asked about your font because I was wondering the same thing.

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Yay for a new goal already! That is really great :)

I'm glad that 18ck asked about your font because I was wondering the same thing.

Thanks, Silo! It's really amazing. I was driving to work after and said, 'wow, I could run again right now!' It felt great to be that awake and alive.

Thanks for peeking in on me.

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Good question on strength plan. I'm working on form for the squat and deadlift. Other exercises I'm finding my good starting weights. Once I get those I'll have to judge/guess how much more weight I can bust out by the time 6 wks comes around. Any thoughts on weight progression? I'm with you on slacking off. At least I use to be. I don't know what this will bring, it's all so new.

I would suggest having a set circuit and set sets you do for whichever days, and sticking to it barring some unforeseen circumstance like an injury or a tattoo.

Class and Profession: Level 23 Borg Queen 

Found ya!!

Goals look good. Love the fact you smashed your running 1 mile goal already!!  Are you going to go for 2? Dare I say 3???

Can I be slightly negative/ mom like for a second??

It seems to me that in your past goals when you started to try to track everything - like you are with your food and timing goals - is when you would become overwhelmed and "fail" at the challenge. You did so amazingly well last challenge, and I know the nerd in you likes to track things and that you love spreadsheets.  Tracking can be very good, I've used it myself in a few of my challenges, I'm wondering if tracking everything may not be in your best interest at this point.

You know I love you and will support you whatever your deicision is.

Deadlifts are my FAVORITE - I feel so strong when I do them!!!  All I have to say is make sure you get into a good squat position, keep your butt down and your back stright.  You will be amazed at what weight you will be able to do when you get the form down.  I started at around 95lbs and deadlifted 175 a couple of weeks ago. 

• Like 1

My self-worth, beauty, strength, and overall awesomeness is not defined by numbers.

12STR  13.75CON  5STA  12WIS   14CHA  6DEX        1 fire flower

Current Challenge   #8  #7   #6  #5  Unofficial  #4  #3  #2

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it first."  -The Pirate Captian

Deadlifts are best lift. Yay for having to update goals already!

• Like 1

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

W1 D1

great morning!

long run day

treadmill: grade 0

4.2 mph constant

time 22:00

equals 1 .54 miles

I RAN THE WHOLE WAY WITHOUT STOPPING!!!!

I RAN 1.54 MILES TODAY!!!!!

Yesterday:

no grade, just a thought

I need to eat more calories (good ones) now that I'm working out and running so much. Hum...?

Today's life goal plan:
ï¶ finish laundry (90 mins, can do other things)
ï¶ post on NF and check on peeps (45 mins)
ï¶ be a wet nurse and love nip recipient (now! Mouse hand is being apprehended as I type)
ï¶ make steak stir fry with squash, onions, tomatoes, spinach, garlic, and carrots (breakfast - eating/cooking experiment goal) (45 mins)
ï¶ log mileage for the week (45 mins)
ï¶ relax (15 mins)
ï¶ drink water (throughout)
ï¶ stretch gently (throughout)
ï¶ call insurance company to fix claim (45 mins)
ï¶ let client know I can't do the dates she asked for (5 mins)
ï¶ call back a possible client and tell them I can't do the time they asked for but maybe another time (5 mins)
ï¶ play Hay Day (45 mins)
ï¶ eat again (lunch - eating goal 45 mins)
ï¶ go to insurance company to change renter's insurance over to new residence (60 mins)
ï¶ deposit check (5 mins)
ï¶ go on wet walk with dog (50 mins)
ï¶ clean dog house (30 mins)
ï¶ clean cat/bird house (30 mins)
ï¶ relax (15 mins)
ï¶ eat again (dinner - eating goal 45 mins)
ï¶ to be determined (evening)

Holy crap! You didn't just make your goal the first day, you beat it by 50%!

• Like 1

“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.â€- Mahatma Gandhi

I would suggest having a set circuit and set sets you do for whichever days, and sticking to it barring some unforeseen circumstance like an injury or a tattoo.

Hum... Tattoo!

Yea I've been researching tonight on volume of exercise per week/body systems. It's pretty interesting. I'm going to try 4 sets of 6 with 40 sec rests and see how it goes.

I also want to match my push/pull exercises so I'm staying balance.

Thx Prime.

Found ya!!

Goals look good. Love the fact you smashed your running 1 mile goal already!! Are you going to go for 2? Dare I say 3???

Can I be slightly negative/ mom like for a second??

It seems to me that in your past goals when you started to try to track everything - like you are with your food and timing goals - is when you would become overwhelmed and "fail" at the challenge. You did so amazingly well last challenge, and I know the nerd in you likes to track things and that you love spreadsheets. Tracking can be very good, I've used it myself in a few of my challenges, I'm wondering if tracking everything may not be in your best interest at this point.

You know I love you and will support you whatever your deicision is.

Deadlifts are my FAVORITE - I feel so strong when I do them!!! All I have to say is make sure you get into a good squat position, keep your butt down and your back stright. You will be amazed at what weight you will be able to do when you get the form down. I started at around 95lbs and deadlifted 175 a couple of weeks ago.

I love that you are honest with me. And you're right about the tracking. It gets tough for me. I'm hoping the limited number of times I have to track will keep things mellow, we'll see.

dead lifts rock!

More miles ?? Maybe 2.5, I think. Add twice as much as I was going to. But I'll be quite pleased with 2!

Deadlifts are best lift. Yay for having to update goals already!

Thx, it feels pretty badass! lol

Woot! Congrats on your one mile!!

Oh dare I correct you my dear K. I ran 1.54 miles! lol I'm gonna up my goal to 2.5 miles.

Holy crap! You didn't just make your goal the first day, you beat it by 50%!

I know right!?! I'm in some kind of Teri vortex of change. It's kinda cool!

• Like 2

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

W1 D1

Today's life goal plan:

 finish laundry (90 mins, can do other things) -- done

 post on NF and check on peeps (45 mins) -- done

 be a wet nurse and love nip recipient (now! Mouse hand is being apprehended as I type) -- well yea done with that!

 make steak stir fry with squash, onions, tomatoes, spinach, garlic, and carrots (breakfast - eating/cooking experiment goal) (45 mins) -- done and yummy

 log mileage for the week (45 mins) -- not

 relax (15 mins) -- done

 drink water (throughout) -- pretty good

 stretch gently (throughout) done

 call insurance company to fix claim (45 mins) -- not

 let client know I can't do the dates she asked for (5 mins) -- done

 call back a possible client and tell them I can't do the time they asked for but maybe another time (5 mins) -- not! Damn forgot until just now. Shit!

 play Hay Day (45 mins) -- done but too long

 eat again (lunch - eating goal 45 mins) -- done

 go to insurance company to change http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/movement-patterns/renter's insurance over to new residence (60 mins) -- done

 deposit check (5 mins) -- not

 go on wet walk with dog (50 mins) -- done

 clean dog house (30 mins) -- some

 clean cat/bird house (30 mins) -- not

 relax (15 mins) -- not

 eat again (dinner - eating goal 45 mins) -- done

 to be determined (evening)

evening -- staples run for business stuff and talked with mom and dad for awhile. Then did research on workouts. -- done

Not bad for a long list.

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

6eru7a4a.jpg

Breakfast this morning and the rest for tomorrow morning. Yummy in my tummy! (I used pre-made garlic mashed potatoes, but the rest I did. I need to cook the meat less as it was only a tiny bit pink. Needs lots of pink!!!

• Like 2

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Whoa. Wow.

Just found you - you are owning this challenge!

Subbed and i will be here to cheer you on.

• Like 2

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

W1 D2

Eating/Cooking:

Had my yummy leftovers this morning after my workout. I even reheated it so I didn't have to eat it cold.

Workout:

warm-up: 5 min rowing at level 9 of 10 (I think I'll do level 10 next time)

lat pull-downs: 80# 4/6 with 45 sec rests (should be able to bump up the weight next time)

overhead press: 45# 4/6 with 45 sec rests (still good weight - hopefully next week I can go up)

bent-over rows: 25# 4/6 with 15 sec rests (tried 20# first, but it was too light)

good mornings: BW 2/5 in between row set

bench press: went up to 55# 3/6 with 45 sec rests (forgot I was doing 4/6! -- good weight up it next week)

reverse fly: 30# 4/6 (awesome machine - need to get on this everytime)

incline fly: 20# 4/6 (harder than I thought plus it was the end)

shower!

** I wanted to do abs, but I'm already behind recovering my quads so I didn't push it. I'll try to remember to do some later today.

EDIT:: Update on Abs: just did my first ever 52.66 second plank with good form!!! I might have gone longer but I looked at the timer around 35 seconds and it destroyed my powers! lol

also did 10 incline push ups

Run:

day off

Tracking:

done, except - I haven't gotten to the nutrition side of the food yet so I need to jump on that as best I can before not 'getting to it' becomes a habit.

I have a new sing-song that I do in the car when I'm happy.

"I'm f*ing killin' it. I f*ing killin' it." Don't forget to imagine my shoulders lifting up and down and swaying side to side. Pretty dorky but lots of fun!

Cheers!

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Today's life goal plan:

 post on NF and check on peeps (45 mins) -- done

 log mileage for the week (75 mins) -- done

 make lunch/dinner? (25 mins) -- not - eaten but nothing made by me

 relax (15 mins) -- done

 drink water (throughout) -- done

 stretch gently (throughout) -- done

 call insurance company to fix claim (45 mins) -- half done - emailed them my question, hope to find info I need tomorrow at home

 call back a possible client and tell them I can't do the time they asked for but maybe another time (5 mins) -- done

 play Hay Day (45 mins) -- done

 eat again (lunch - eating goal 45 mins) -- done

 walk the cat around the house twice -- done

 clean bird cage (10 mins) -- done

 clean kitchen (20 mins) -- half done - still have some dishes left

 relax (15 mins) -- half done - couldn't relax so I went and walked the cat

 eat again (dinner - eating goal 45 mins) -- done

 label keys -- not

 email Gail with equipment list for approval -- not

 rewrite workout routine -- doing next

 do mobility work on legs (30 mins) -- done -- man I feel better!

 play fetch with the cat (5 mins) - yup, she brings it back! -- done - 2 minutes worth before she pooped out and then another minute later

 groom long-haired cat (10 mins) - if I'm lucky - NOT - she did not like it one bit! But I tried!! lol

 remove nail polish (5 mins) -- done (took 10 mins really)

 facial and eye drops (15mins) -- not

okay, here I go.... to take a quick nap! -- not done ah well! lol

go through several computer folders and get rid of old stuff and duplicates (45 mins) -- done

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines